This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
69 Pages<<6364656667>>PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#1601 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 9:38:08 PM(UTC)
Slowly coming to the realization. Ranked team and FFA is 95% frustration, 5% enjoyment. A long fall from the fun I had in FH3
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#1602 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 10:29:27 PM(UTC)
I only play unranked lately, it maximizes the portion of time spent racing.

Edited by user Saturday, July 27, 2019 10:31:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1603 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 3:12:59 AM(UTC)
My experience seems to be different than your. I love freeroam rush and hate S2 road racing. And the game knows this. Therefore it presents me 75% road racing and 50% of it is S2. So apparently the game figures out what you are good at and let's you drive the opposite.
To the Boneshaker: Yes it is good at A800 dirt, but the tz2 is close. The Track-Tor of course is OK as hell.
To ramming: In Team Adventure are a lot of inexperienced drivers, so the choose meta and drive the Boneshaker, TZ2, AR 33, X-Class, Raptor or the Ford GT '05 and drive as good and clean as they can (which means still missing the right points to break). In FFA instead everybody seems the choose the heaviest car that can stay on the road to be better at ramming. SUV's and Offroaders are used in Dirt and CC, just because the lighter and nimble cars have no chance when they in their heavy bombers shove you of the track.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#1604 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 10:01:09 PM(UTC)
I did not detect any profile management from FH4. On the other hand it's a fact to me that young players do prefer S2, it was already the case in FH3, I assume they considered the FH3 usage stats.

By TZ2 close from BS, if you mean it is the one that is less far from BS, possible, but it has some challengers like daytona or others. If you mean it is a competitor of BS, I disagree and rivals does also. TZ2 is 1 to 10s seconds late on all tracks compared to BS, most of the top 10 asphalt leaderboard contain a BS, I've seen none so far with a A800 TZ2. The most interesting A800 races I have done are certainly the one without BS.

Assuming Ramming is the fact of beginners is a big mistake to me. FH4 is promoting win at all cost, there is no single promotion of fair play in FH4, you get no reward to playing clean. Adding depleted social aspect like public chat and clubs, all the ingredients are there for pushing players to behave nasty, beginner or not. Up to me, that is the very reason ranked is full of rammers and grand masters are experts of ramming.

Only the result matters, sadly looks like pretty the way of many people acting lately being digital or real life ... Personally, I prefer, from very far, loosing than winning with a cheated car or/and helps on or/and ramming,

Edited by user Sunday, July 28, 2019 10:01:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#1605 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 12:47:38 AM(UTC)
I don’t have a particular preference for any type of event and I get X country more than anything else. B rally seems to be the least common, although sadly that’s now a good thing because of the Track Tor.

Agree that the ramming problem is definitely not limited to lower ranked players. I don’t mind much if someone level 17 is a rammer - they probably aren’t going to be close enough to me to matter. The problem is when you have quick drivers who are also prepared to cheat to win. If you get a corner slightly better than them so that you have the speed on the next straight, the likelihood is that they’ll attempt to knock you off track. It makes overtaking very tricky if you only have a slight speed advantage.

The problem is emphasised by a post on the previous page. We have a poster, who I know is a level 8 or so, describing clean racing as a “style” and justifying ramming because FH4 is an arcade game. As there are no penalties for ramming, it’s easy for people to justify cheating and think it’s actually an acceptable way to drive.
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#1606 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 6:10:39 AM(UTC)
I've spent two days tryna get to rank 10 for the star card. Closest I've got is rank 11 and where I'm at now. Occasionaly rank 5s will appear in my lobbies and annihilate me causing me to lose rank. Which is fine they won and tbh I prefer racing them as they race clean. Not an issue with that. The corner slowdown isn't too much of an issue besides maybe S1 coss country where your truck taps a wall and you slow down but the real issue isnt that, thats fine ish. Its the rammers. Now no, corner ramming is not too much of an issue since the patch for ghosts on high speed collisions. But pushing you into drystone walls, into walls for a slowdown and round checkpoints. That's the problem. Always people level 14 and below that I've encountered which is why I'm referring to 20-12 as a swamp and 11-Grandmaster as actual fun. The more you try to escape 20-12, the more you get rammed, the more you lose, the more you go back down. It's so infuriating. Please in ranked play just ghost everyone all the time. I don't care about the people going ItS nOt ReAlIsTiC tO dO tHaT. Ah yes because seeing a Ford Raptor with 1000hp and a full size lego car giving a piggy back to a Hot wheels car skipping over bamburgh castle is an everyday thing where you live. Tbh if thats the case I want to live there too. But I digress. Its a game. For fun. Don't allow cheaters and people who cant race cleanly ruin other's fun. Now the people who are here to go it's an arcade game go to Motorsport for clean racing blah blah etc. All very well but note I said ranked not unranked for always ghosted. Furthermore since when could I, in Motorsport 1-7, do cross country races in my trophy truck thru a castle. When was that? Never? I thought not. Yes it's an arcade game meaning it should be even more fun. But when the online consists of just being screwed over by people and then your rank going down (also hate when you come 1st all 5 events and go up by 2 points. Love it. Or come 3rd and go down by 28. Again, love it). But my proposal for a fix is just ghost people in ranked play and leave it how it is in unranked. Then we have the "arcade" section for fun with bumper cars and demolition derby modes for the people who enjoy that and the ranked area for the people who want to race clean and close so it can be about skill not heaviest hitters. And for the people who still try to argue go to Motorsport. Well what if we prefer: horizons physics, car choices, tracks/routes, dirt/cross country racing etc etc the list goes on. Arcade means fun, not bumper cars. That's called bumper cars. So why not make it fun for everyone by having different types of fun available. By doing this we would then have drift adventures which are great fun as they're always ghosted, ffa/team/games/ranked-games with contact and ffa/team always ghosted and ranked. Obvisouly we wouldn't be always ghosted in ranked playground games as that would defeat the purpose. That's my opinion if you disagree that's alright we all have an opinion. If you agree. Thanks so do I haha. Also well done for reading this far
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#1607 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:36:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
FH4 is promoting win at all cost, there is no single promotion of fair play in FH4, you get no reward to playing clean. Adding depleted social aspect like public chat and clubs, all the ingredients are there for pushing players to behave nasty, beginner or not. Up to me, that is the very reason ranked is full of rammers and grand masters are experts of ramming.

Only the result matters, sadly looks like pretty the way of many people acting lately being digital or real life ... Personally, I prefer, from very far, loosing than winning with a cheated car or/and helps on or/and ramming,


Even your teammates want to be 1st at all cost!! I've lost a couple of races because of this hostile behavior of "If I'm not first, I'm last". Maybe they can reduce this hostility with teammates showing a percentage scoreboard instead of a leaderboard




Rank: Racing Permit
#1608 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:33:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NumberlessMath Go to Quoted Post
I only play unranked lately, it maximizes the portion of time spent racing.


Same here. I've played one ranked ffa for the festival playlist. Other than that in nearly a month just unranked ffa. I can honestly say I'm loving the game a whole lot more for it. Just think about the hours in total wasted waiting for a ranked match. Every lobby is about picking the best car ( yes you Boneshaker). In unranked theres more of a mix of cars and barely a Boneshaker in sight. You get to build rivalries/ friendships better because your racing the same players adventure after adventure. All in all everything seems to be so much more goodnatured probably because there's less of an emphasis to win at all costs because precious ranking points aren't at stake. Could still do with a voting system like we had before.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1609 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:57:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Slowly coming to the realization. Ranked team and FFA is 95% frustration, 5% enjoyment. A long fall from the fun I had in FH3


More like driving a tricycle through wet cement slowly. I can't believe you're still playing ranked at all. Unranked isn't even fun to me but ranked is the worst racing in the history of this franchise.

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1610 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:06:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Slowly coming to the realization. Ranked team and FFA is 95% frustration, 5% enjoyment. A long fall from the fun I had in FH3


More like driving a tricycle through wet cement slowly. I can't believe you're still playing ranked at all. Unranked isn't even fun to me but ranked is the worst racing in the history of this franchise.




I know i'm trying to peel myself away from it. I keep hoping that something good comes with each update but ehhhhhh hoping against hope probably
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1611 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:23:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Slowly coming to the realization. Ranked team and FFA is 95% frustration, 5% enjoyment. A long fall from the fun I had in FH3


More like driving a tricycle through wet cement slowly. I can't believe you're still playing ranked at all. Unranked isn't even fun to me but ranked is the worst racing in the history of this franchise.




I know i'm trying to peel myself away from it. I keep hoping that something good comes with each update but ehhhhhh hoping against hope probably


I admire your patience and perseverance. I have none for the online in this game. It is an abysmal failure.

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
Rank: Driver's License
#1612 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:44:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jjahouan Go to Quoted Post
Also people haven’t yet understood that fh4 is an ARCADE game. I know the ramming and wall riding sucks but it cannot be completely avoided because of the simple nature of the game. So far they’ve provided as many comprehensive fixes as possible and we should all be grateful the immense string of content added since launch. My advice is that all clean racing fanatics should switch to Motorsport/F1 racing/Gran Turismo; you’ll have much more fun with that there.


Shocking another person saying that people who prefer clean racing should play Motorsport or another game. Not sure if you were born yesterday or the day before but a lot of people race like idiots in all racing games. Check out Super GT on youtube to see how people race in Motorsport. It's not pretty. And while we are at it in all actuality if we want to be 100% realistic a lot of people play like idiots in all games. If there is a dirty tactic to use, overpowered weapon(car), camping, being a loud mouth clown in game chat or whatever other way there is to be an idiot a lot of people are going to do it. This is online gaming in a nutshell. Granted some players are younger so they don't know any better but a large portion of gamers enjoy causing as much toxicity as possible. They thrive on it. They froth at the mouth just knowing that they can ruin someone elses experience. So spare me with the H4 is an ARCADE game comment as if that makes it perfectly fine to be a trash human being using trash tactics to win. Nice try though.


This is the reason why Forza Race Regulations (FRR) makes perfectly sense in Motorsport. It is supposed to be for that realism you are looking for. If you still cannot have fun with what’s been implemented so far (wall collisions slows + predicted collisions system+ an option to have collisions OFF), there ain’t much we can do for you. Y’all sometimes forget It’s a GAME not to be taken too personally

Rank: Driver's License
#1613 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:58:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AceMuciferos Go to Quoted Post
Jjahouan if in the Custom Adventure majority of the players choose Road Racing, what does that means to you? I tell you: Most of the players prefer Road Racing. And the game force us to play Cross Country and Free Roam. Why? Unfortunately no one answers this question.

Well it’s all about balance. You are mistakenly thinking that a big group of people (including me) are not interested in dirt/cross country simply because the road lobby is flooded. This is the negative feedback loop that makes road racing seems disproportionally more popular: I would look for a dirt racing, match with 3 people who would later on quit the race and therefore I would give up trying to get in dirt racing (and jump into road racing) because of my previous experience. My point is if something is already majorly unbalanced, it would be unwise to make it even more unbalanced because it’s simply what it is.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:09:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1614 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:12:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jjahouan Go to Quoted Post


This is the reason why Forza Race Regulations (FRR) makes perfectly sense in Motorsport. It is supposed to be for that realism you are looking for. If you still cannot have fun with what’s been implemented so far (wall collisions slows + predicted collisions system+ an option to have collisions OFF), there ain’t much we can do for you. Y’all sometimes forget It’s a GAME not to be taken too personally



Then why even have "Ranked" racing? In my experience when a game offers 2 modes of online play they are trying to separate "casual having fun" play with more "serious competitive play." There is no point to have this in this game with how dirty people play to win unless they Ghost "Ranked." This takes me back to why the skill points system from H2 and H3 were better. You didn't need 2 modes of gameplay. It was an even playing field and if you were in a room that was too toxic you could leave and be in another room in less than a minute. Now you're stuck searching for another game for ages. The online is a failure to me.

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
Rank: Driver's License
#1615 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:13:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vereteth Go to Quoted Post
And here we are, in meanless discussion where "clean racers" try to force others to their style in arcade game. While boosters on team adventure gain real cash, as I really doubt if same dudes help so many others with exploiting system for charity. Same nicks, one or few 20 tiers and one 5 tier or less. Highly skilled, both in driving and pushing others out. The other team lose horrible ammount of points (-20 to -80), since matchmaking thinks you lose against absolutely unskilled persons, while their high ranked pal still gets reasonable part for being counted as newbie . Not like anybody would do a thing about this :)

Easy fix would be to forbid a convoy to join Ranked ;)

Rank: Driver's License
#1616 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:20:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WorthTsumugi Go to Quoted Post
[quote=gabywwe11;1112209]
This.Offroad would be fun without freeroam rush and just dirt clean racing or cross country thrugh grass tarmac and dirt but nope.Found F1 2018 better racing game than fh4

FFR enables you to make up the points you lost from being pushed off checkpoints in standard races. Therefore it’s awesome to still have it :)

Rank: Driver's License
#1617 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:30:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jjahouan Go to Quoted Post


This is the reason why Forza Race Regulations (FRR) makes perfectly sense in Motorsport. It is supposed to be for that realism you are looking for. If you still cannot have fun with what’s been implemented so far (wall collisions slows + predicted collisions system+ an option to have collisions OFF), there ain’t much we can do for you. Y’all sometimes forget It’s a GAME not to be taken too personally



Then why even have "Ranked" racing? In my experience when a game offers 2 modes of online play they are trying to separate "casual having fun" play with more "serious competitive play."

Because ranked is supposed to be « competitive » as you said, it makes even more sense for you to get rammed off in a ranked than unranked. The reality is you would get the same experience in both game modes. Now it depends on if you want to be rewarded or not for the race.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1618 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 5:49:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jjahouan Go to Quoted Post

Because ranked is supposed to be « competitive » as you said, it makes even more sense for you to get rammed off in a ranked than unranked. The reality is you would get the same experience in both game modes. Now it depends on if you want to be rewarded or not for the race.



You do realize that dirty play is against the code of conduct in the game right? Granted they don't really enforce it but that doesn't make driving like a toxic idiot ok.

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1619 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 11:52:00 PM(UTC)
sorry guys but Freeroam Rush is a cancer of this game for me

we dont have any credits and experience from this abomination , its only make frustration

for Gods sake PG remove this from online adventure
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1620 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:12:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MeGaWoNsZ9PL Go to Quoted Post
sorry guys but Freeroam Rush is a cancer of this game for me

we dont have any credits and experience from this abomination , its only make frustration

for Gods sake PG remove this from online adventure



WRONG! Freeroam is still by far the best event in the game. Even with all the updates they still cant stop people from constantly ramming and knocking people outside the flags. Freeroam is the ONLY event that has any sense of fairness. Take your own route and get there first. No set route, no flags and sadly no ghosting, even for high speed collisions
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1621 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 12:38:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MeGaWoNsZ9PL Go to Quoted Post
sorry guys but Freeroam Rush is a cancer of this game for me

we dont have any credits and experience from this abomination , its only make frustration

for Gods sake PG remove this from online adventure



WRONG! Freeroam is still by far the best event in the game. Even with all the updates they still cant stop people from constantly ramming and knocking people outside the flags. Freeroam is the ONLY event that has any sense of fairness. Take your own route and get there first. No set route, no flags and sadly no ghosting, even for high speed collisions


Free roam is a type of race, it should have dedicated championships. 3 asphalts, 3 dirts, 3 cc, 3 freeroams ... would give some pace to the game and having type changing every championship would allow everyone to be satisfied.

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1622 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 10:35:15 AM(UTC)
I have no issues with the FFA adventure style, except that it completely replaced the "Anything Goes Team Adventure" option. Of course, AGTA wasn't super important to me either, but I'm a completionist, and since it has been removed, I cannot make any progress towards the Horizon Life level for AGTA (I'm stuck just over halfway through Level 9). I can think of two ways this can be remedied: either remove that Horizon Life section completely, or change the menu system for Online Adventure so that every type of adventure can be accessed. For example, if the first screen allowed you to choose between a Team Adventure or a FFA Adventure, then you could put Racing Team Adventure, Games Team Adventure and Anything Goes Team Adventure on the Team Adventure screen, and you could put FFA Racing and Drift Adventure options on the FFA Adventure screen (as well as possibly reintroducing a FFA Games Adventure option, as we had in FH3). This is all merely a suggestion, but it would be nice to see this issue be dealt with.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1623 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 10:51:37 AM(UTC)
Anything Goes was where I spent a high percentage of my time in the beginning. A mix of races and games plus freeroam. It was a very fun mode for me. Even made it to top 3 worldwide and then POOF it disappeared. Such a shame
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1624 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 5:24:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Anything Goes was where I spent a high percentage of my time in the beginning. A mix of races and games plus freeroam. It was a very fun mode for me. Even made it to top 3 worldwide and then POOF it disappeared. Such a shame


I know, right? Admittedly, I didn't spend much time with Anything Goes Adventures, but I still liked them for the times when I couldn't decide whether I wanted to do races or games. But, how hard could it be to implement the system I suggested. Think about it:

Online Adventures are split into two main categories: Quickplay and Ranked.
Adventures are split into five Adventure types: Team Racing, Team Games, FFA Racing, (FFA) Drift and Custom, the last of which only appears in Quickplay. There is also the "Private Adventure" option, where you can create your own Adventure by choosing which races/games you want to appear, but again, this is only available as a Quickplay option.

However, even with all these different options, without even mentioning AGTA, the way these are arranged in the menu is... pretty lazy at best. The only sorting that seems to occur is a differentiation between Quickplay and Ranked, as well as a completely different section for both QP and R Drift Adventure (which makes no sense IMO) and the option to start/create a Private Adventure.

With the system I'd suggest, the Quickplay/Ranked sections would still exist, but I'd add a sub-section to each of those which would allow players to choose between Team/FFA Adventures. Within the Team Adventure section, players would be able to choose Team Racing or Team Games. Within FFA, there'd be FFA Racing and Drift Adventures. And that's only including the Adventure types we (still) have in the game. Using this system would allow AGTA, or even FFA Anything Goes Adventures, to be added to the relevant category easily, as well as one other Adventure type that I would love to see make a return from FH3: FFA Games. I would move the option to join a Custom Quickplay Adventure either to the main menu (to the slot that is currently occupied by the Drift Adventure menu) or to the screen to decide between Team/FFA QP Adventures.That would result in the following sort:

Quickplay
Team: Racing, Games, Anything Goes (3 types)
FFA: Racing, Drift, Games, Anything Goes (4 types)

Ranked
Team: Racing, Games, Anything Goes (3 types)
FFA: Racing, Drift, Games, Anything Goes (4 types)

The largest selection currently is the Quickplay Adventure menu with its 4 different options. So, I have just managed to add three additional Adventure types without having to worry about adding larger menus.

As for Custom Adventures, I'd use the same menu system that is currently used, but with more options. I know they reduced the number of search parameters to allow players to get into an Adventure quickly, but in my opinion, they tilted the scales too far the other way. Currently, you can only choose between Road/Dirt/Cross Country/Street/All Racing, B-S2 class, and the ability to turn Freeroam Rush/Collisions on or off. But there is absolutely no mention of Games/Drift/Anything Goes Adventures, there's no visible way to differentiate between Team/FFA Adventures, there's still no love for D, C or X class cars and there's no way to restrict to FWD/RWD/AWD. I'd personally rather take extra time to be able to choose exactly the type of adventure I want, rather than get into a less specific one quickly.

For Private Adventures, the lack of Team/FFA differentiation is also a bit of an issue, mainly due to the lack of a FFA Games Adventure option. Because there is no option for a FFA Games Adventure, if you wanted to add a Games event to your Private Adventure, you'd only be able to choose the three team games (Team King, Team Flag Rush and Survival), with no mention of their FFA counterparts. This would then mean that the entire Adventure would have to be a Team Adventure, which is no fun if you are just playing with a small group of friends. I would leave Private Adventures outside of the main Quickplay section, mainly because of how differently they operate, and because they are already considered separate from the main Adventure type. The Drift Adventure slot would either be replaced with the Custom Adventure slot, as I suggested earlier, or the Private Adventure would move up, allowing for the remaining space to either be left blank or be filled with another "My Horizon Life" category.

One final thing would be an alteration to Drift Adventures. As it is right now, there are four categories: B-A Class RWD, B-A Class AWD, S1-S2 RWD and S1-S2 AWD. It's the two S1-S2 categories that I would change. I would split them into four categories, rather than 2, and it's all because of the following 10 cars:

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Deberti Design Drift Truck
2018 Ford #25 Mustang RTR
2018 Ford #88 Mustang RTR
2016 Formula Drift #530 HSV Maloo Gen-F
2015 Formula Drift #13 Ford Mustang
2006 Formula Drift #43 Dodge Viper SRT10
1997 Formula Drift #777 Nissan 240SX
1996 Formula Drift #232 Nissan 240SX
1995 Formula Drift #118 Nissan 240SX
1989 Formula Drift #98 BMW 325i

Some of the Hoonigan vehicles, such as the Hoonicorns, Hoonitruck or the Twerkstallion could potentially also be included in that list (arguably along with the rest of the Gymkhana cars, the RS200, the Porsche and the 1978 Escort).

Anyway, the way I'd split it would be to have S1-S2 Drift Adventures exclusively for the cars in the list, and S1-S2 Drift Adventures for everything else, except the cars in the list. I have a lot of S1-S2 drift cars, in both RWD and AWD configurations, which I prefer over the pre-built drift cars. For example, my S2 998 AWD 1932 Ford Custom "Double-Down" drift build (on my Creative Hub if you want it) currently holds my personal record for the Needle Climb drift zone on Fortune Island (just under 500k), so I think it's safe to say that it is a good drift car, but as soon as I take it to an S2 AWD Drift Adventure, it just keeps getting beaten by the RTRs and the FD Vipers, and I make no progress towards the higher Leagues. If the adventures were split as I suggested, then players/tuners like myself would be able to use our custom-built machines without having to battle it out with noobs who just bring out the pre-built drift cars, instead making it a battle of driver skill and tuning ability, rather than having experienced drifters and tuners losing League points due to the fact that the lower level drivers all chose RTR Mustangs.

On the flip side, in the events that would be restricted exclusively to those cars, the playing field would be much more level. The unfair advantages of taking a Formula Drift car would be considerably smaller if the everybody was in an Formula Drift car.

If you couldn't tell by this extremely long post, I have put an awful lot of thought into this, and I decided it was time for me to share these thoughts with the community. Sorry for making you all read so much (and congratulations if you managed to read the whole thing!!!)
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1625 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 11:24:00 PM(UTC)
Greetings all.

Player from 1st gen Forza Motorsport here.

Having only recently started Ranked Adventure, I noticed many players all using the same car in each series where at least 60% are the same and a smattering of others make up the rest of the race lobby. Is this intentional?

Another thing I've noticed is the amount of players intentionally pushing players off course or into obstacles. Is this the norm in ranked?
69 Pages<<6364656667>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error