97 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:04:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Briisace Go to Quoted Post

I thought the "ramming" was all down to it being team based though?

Just watched your vid. You messed up that last bend then tried to push the other driver off the track. He just looked like he was holding his ground to me.

I know i mess up that last corner, i use handbrake there but not enough. I try to push him off the track are you serious? First he run in to me in that corner and that's why he stay in track when i was in deeper to snow trying to find some traction and while i was trying to find some traction i try to cut front of him when he start ramming, oh yeah he was holding his ground like in 38s mark when there 1m between cars he slams right on to me.

I actually thought that solo would be less ramming but it seems to be just even more ramming.
 2 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:09:40 PM(UTC)
I'm glad they're doing SOMETHING to try to improve the multiplayer, but they still haven't addressed the core issue of lack of choice or the forced freeroam rush between events.

Is it really that difficult to add class-based multiplayer lobbies where players can simply choose a lobby corresponding to desired the car class/race discipline with no freeroam rush between events?

Ideally, it would be great if players could create custom public lobbies like in FH1 and the Motorsport games with the ability to fine tune vehicle restrictions and route choice (including custom routes) and enable/disable freeroam rush between races.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
#53 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:10:05 PM(UTC)
It would be nice if people wouldn't quit right after when they're on last position. I didn't notice this problem on team adventure but it seems to appear on free-for-all adventure.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:17:34 PM(UTC)
I went back to team adventure and found the driving far less agressive. Maybe the devs were right? It's not something that can be policed anyway.

As for free roam rush, I find it a bit of a chill out inbetween the white knuckle ride of the races.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:28:49 PM(UTC)
Grandma Driving is live streaming his solo adventure play right now and tbh I haven't seen much ramming so far, but perhaps people try to avoid ending up with a youtube video showing them ramming?
#56 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:36:38 PM(UTC)
I've played four rounds now and there hasn't been too much bad-natured ramming, just the usual rubbing is racing stuff you expect.
#57 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:40:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I've played four rounds now and there hasn't been too much bad-natured ramming, just the usual rubbing is racing stuff you expect.

I have play 3 so far, first one was really terrible crash fiesta with constant ramming, second wasnt that bad and third even less bad.
 7 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:55:10 PM(UTC)
For the love of god just remove those awful FREEROAM RUSH races, they are so pointless.
And add car classes back.
 5 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:57:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Granola Avenger Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: YoungishOcean Go to Quoted Post
Quit playing the game back in October because all of the stuff I liked about previous versions was gone. One of those things was solo online racing. But I only like that with CLASS CHOICE. Does anyone know if this has CLASS CHOICE? Don't want to even bother looking if it is confirmed not there.

Thanks!

I can confirm there is NOT class choice. Dont waste your time. Doesn't sound like they have any intention of adding either.

Very disappointing! With no class choice and no open rivals this game and franchise is officially dead to me. I held out a small glimmer of hope that this issues were simply oversights that would be corrected by this point in time but nah. I will NEVER buy another Turn 10/Playground game as this thing was an epic waste of money and a total trainwreck from day one into infinity.
#60 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:06:29 PM(UTC)
nm

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:40:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:13:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungishOcean Go to Quoted Post
Very disappointing! With no class choice and no open rivals this game and franchise is officially dead to me.

There's quite a lot of class rivals on Fortune Island, only for A, S1 and S2, but they're there and have no other restrictions. But hardly anyone is playing them.
 4 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:21:16 PM(UTC)
Solo adventure is indeed better. There is still some ramming and unfair defending but it's an improvement.

I just can't believe freeroam rush is still present. Why insist on this game mode? Road racing is ruined by this mode, particularly S2 road racing. An S2 Pagani Zonda flying trough fields on race tires and with inches of suspension travel makes no sense at all. Please consider removing this from road racing at the very least.

In my opinion it sucks on every mode though, some layouts are a tree dodging lottery, others are mostly straight lining trough fields and on others the best route is the exact opposite of what the game suggests (literally the exact opposite, as in doing a 180 at the start line) meaning half of the fields loses by default.

And then there's wallriding... Please fix the wallriding, it's been months. Dramatically increase speed loss when grinding on walls, angle the walls so they are square-ish instead of rounded, remove them entirely, add some sort of penatly when slamming or rubbing against a wall (time penalty at the end, some seconds with a speed limiter and ghost or a few seconds of ghost plus and only a fifth of your hp available for the duration), add sim damage for crashes against static objects or something. Pick one, pick all or do something else entirely but please do something about it.
 8 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:26:57 PM(UTC)
This really doesn't even scratch the surface regarding the issues with multiplayer.
We still have the silly "free roam rush mode" which punishes players for using anything other than a 4WD (why? why is this a thing when 4WD cars are already overpowered?)

Still can't select race type. I have to always back out of S2 races, cross country races etc. Why not just let me chose road race or rally? why are the devs so insistent on taking away player choice? I can't stand S2, and I can't stand cross country, so why force me to play it?

Wallriding: why this hasn't been fixed yet just baffles me, but I could say the same thing about anything I mentioned here.

Boneshaker: adding a ridiculous hotwheels car for kids then making it overpowered so everyone uses it in online. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?> HELLO?!

No class based rivals: a severely dumbed down rivals mode where we are all forced to use one pretuned car. You wana tune an A class touge car and set a good time on the fortune island downhill? NOPE, YOU GOTTA DO IT IN A SUPERCAR, LOL, DAB ON OUR LOYAL FANS!!! You wanna build a rally car and try to beat times like in an actual rally? NOPE, USE THESE PRETUNED CARS OR DO THE COURSE WITH LOADS OF ANNOYING AI!!!! LOL, LOYAL FANS, MORE LIKE IDIOTS! HAHAHAHAH

I loved the online in past horizon games, and Horizon 3's multiplayer was perfect. So why have you taken leaps backward with this? why no damn class based rivals?

I won't be buying the next horizon or any DLC if this is a sign of what's to come. The game is great and I love fortune island, but I have no idea what the hell the devs are doing.

Sorry for the rant, but I only do it out of my love for Forza.

#64 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:29:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Honestly this just shows how hard it is to build a multiplayer system that satisfies a multi-million member community, props to the devs for doing everything they can.

Except another game seems able to solve the ramming problem:
https://www.youtube.com/...ature=youtu.be&t=454

Wow, that looked so fast and exciting. What a rush.

#65 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:31:11 PM(UTC)
You did it, matchmaking paired up with clubsters has officially forced me to quit the game. Very well done.
I may check in to see if Single Adventure changes anything, but I'm not that enthusiastic that much will change.
So Congratualations, you have done an outstanding job.

Farming Simulator has become by far more enjoyable than what you have created. At least there's plenty to do as a single player.
#66 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:31:27 PM(UTC)
still very bad its far to toxic
please remove walls and add ghosting every single guy is ramming and wall riding and has no respect for anyone else in this game...
every game 1 guy wall rides then next turn 50% of the lobby does it.... start banning them or remove this ability to cheat?
please reset the ranks when you actually fix ranked and i bet most of the high ranked players dident get it legit only wall riding and ramming aka cheating
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:50:35 PM(UTC)
Why they delete this old mode from team adventure? I lost my 7 rank and now i am actually beginner with 20 level, how i get my rewards for everything i did..
Life isn't fair.
 2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:54:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
First ranked adventure down,
Good things
- no teams

Bad things
- everything else.

Would be nice to know how many ****** times i get rammed just in one adventure, first race starting position 11, in start i overtake few guys and when i was overtaking one guy just before in first turn boom he crash me out of checkpoint. I drop in last place, i overtake one guy cleanly and then next guy in straight he ram me straigt in tree -.- nice ***** game.

My first free for all you smashed me into the barrier on the first corner of the first race. Dirt races s2. You won the series so fair play to you.

#69 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:05:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jaswright Go to Quoted Post
First ranked adventure down,
Good things
- no teams

Bad things
- everything else.

Would be nice to know how many ****** times i get rammed just in one adventure, first race starting position 11, in start i overtake few guys and when i was overtaking one guy just before in first turn boom he crash me out of checkpoint. I drop in last place, i overtake one guy cleanly and then next guy in straight he ram me straigt in tree -.- nice ***** game.

My first free for all you smashed me into the barrier on the first corner of the first race. Dirt races s2. You won the series so fair play to you.

I get rammed in that first corner also, and that adventure was crash fiesta all together and that wasnt funny experience to anyone. After that races has been mutch cleaner all together, but it seems to be just cross country all the time.
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:06:13 PM(UTC)
Second ranked adventure down, how meme it can be S2 dirt racing in winter. Was actually good thing because only me and 5 other guys was left after first two races so not so mutch ramming but i still got very good example how terrible ramming and wallriding in this game really is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXobbgkq6Sg what do you say PG friendly and nice online experience right?

Yeah that was the series I was talking about in my previous post. 1st race you come barging through. Boom I'm in the barrier despite there being plenty of room on the inside. What I'm trying to say is nobody's perfect are they?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2019 6:57:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling mistake

1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:42:28 PM(UTC)
I was looking forward to trying out FFA Online Adventure...even had the update downloading at lunch for when I get off work....but I think I shall go smite the Emperor's enemies, burn heretics, and slay xenos in Inquisitor Martyr instead....or if I'm still in a racing move go play FH3...FH4 seems to be going along the lines of the 2nd Zelda game on the old NES system...
 4 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:47:44 PM(UTC)
I'm still trying to comprehend those who play this game that has far more offroading areas than roads expect to spend majority of their time on the road. Thats what the Motorsport games are for. Horizons are for all types of terrain INCLUDING freeroam races. Whether its cutting through the fields, tree dodging, or taking your hypercar offroad. Just like they said in the stream, freeroam separates the men from the boys and I couldnt agree more. With that statement, sounds like freeroam is here to stay. If you wanna win, just adapt, pick a different car, tune it and drive it. I take my hypercars offroad with zero issue. Again this is HORIZON not MOTORSPORT
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 5 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:56:58 PM(UTC)
Why was content taken away? You have removed anything goes, instead of fixing real problems with the game. If people wanted solo events add it, but many people ( myself included) found anything goes the only fun in this game. Is bad enough you forced me to play what you want. Ok I learned to live with that and found something fun. Now you removed it. So how can you sell a digital game? I have been play only forza Horizon since the release of 1. Bring anything goes back!
 3 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:57:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
I'm still trying to comprehend those who play this game that has far more offroading areas than roads expect to spend majority of their time on the road. Thats what the Motorsport games are for. Horizons are for all types of terrain INCLUDING freeroam races. Whether its cutting through the fields, tree dodging, or taking your hypercar offroad. Just like they said in the stream, freeroam separates the men from the boys and I couldnt agree more. With that statement, sounds like freeroam is here to stay. If you wanna win, just adapt, pick a different car, tune it and drive it. I take my hypercars offroad with zero issue. Again this is HORIZON not MOTORSPORT

I'm not a fan of Freeroam Rush but I wouldn't say I hate it. I do agree it should be more like drive to event in FH3 but hey games are becoming more casual and easier for people so devs tend to implement crutches into their games these days. I saw that in World of Warcraft. I played from launch to Cataclysm and just quit as the game was just catering to people who didn't really want to get better at the game and wanted everything handed to them. I'm not even going to play FH4 to try FFA since the ONLY thing that changed is Team to Solo all the other garbage, wallriding, ramming, no class choice, no voting for type still gone. I mean I could be miserable playing solo now instead of being miserable with a team.....No thanks I'll pass....and to anyone who wants to defend them this is what I have to say about that subject. We all had high expectations of this game as we should have after FH1, 2, and 3....but they really let us down and it isn't in my nature to just accept their poor work...they gave us garbage and we have every right to tell them its garbage because they could have done better and I think they know it but do not have the courage or common courtesy to admit it....
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:58:52 PM(UTC)
Fixing Ranked team Adventure que would be nice. It still doesnt find a match for all the people in convoy 8/10 times.
i7-9700k / 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 / GTX 1080TI Strix / 1TB HDD/ 1TBSSD / ASUS Z370 Strix F / Enermax Platimax 600w
97 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error