118 Pages1234>>PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:55:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

We're talking freeroam in any online mode but anyway we'll see how I place in solo ranked. If I had to guess I wont be on the low end because I know how to pick the right car, tune it and drive it


So your only arguments to keeping freeroam rush is that it helps you winning in team events. And if you do well in solo you want to keep it just because you can do well for that type of racing. Sure lets ignore all other peoples who dont like driving cross country stuff sure it's mutch more important to everybody else that you can take wins "[yes]"
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:17:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

We're talking freeroam in any online mode but anyway we'll see how I place in solo ranked. If I had to guess I wont be on the low end because I know how to pick the right car, tune it and drive it


So your only arguments to keeping freeroam rush is that it helps you winning in team events. And if you do well in solo you want to keep it just because you can do well for that type of racing. Sure lets ignore all other peoples who dont like driving cross country stuff sure it's mutch more important to everybody else that you can take wins "[yes]"



Correct, you are right. Ignore them just like they've been ignoring the ramming and wallriding.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:18:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungishOcean Go to Quoted Post
Quit playing the game back in October because all of the stuff I liked about previous versions was gone. One of those things was solo online racing. But I only like that with CLASS CHOICE. Does anyone know if this has CLASS CHOICE? Don't want to even bother looking if it is confirmed not there.

Thanks!


I can confirm there is NOT class choice. Dont waste your time. Doesn't sound like they have any intention of adding either.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:30:33 AM(UTC)
Just done my first adventure. Need to do ten before I see my rank and how it works so can't really pass judgement till then.

We started with 11 players and ended with 10. I finished 5th overall which wasn't helped by starting low down the grid each time despite finishing higher, so your previous race performance apparently has no bearing on your starting position, it seems random.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 7 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:36:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post


@leetorts -- Regards to collision/wallriding, this was addressed in our stream last night. You can find the link in the first post.


And again, why can't these be summarized as text and posted on the forums. The idea that I have to go to multiple places to get info is my biggest complaint.

(I really hate streams of any type. I would much rather read a summary. This applies to all news, not just news about Forza, btw. It is much easier to skim through text than to suffer through a lengthy stream, or worse yet try to find the parts that are of interest to me....)

Not only that, but often I can read the forums where I cannot stream video, due to firewall constraints over which I have no control.

I find it extremely arrogant to simply say "Go watch the stream".

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:41:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
I do have a question however; what purpose does this forum thread serve if all content is meant to be sent in ticket format anyway?

A question I have been asking over and over ever since the whole You Have To Submit A Ticket stuff started.

I am beginning to wonder what the purpose of the forums are if we are not allowed to discuss topics in a civil manner and see what others think as well as how others may have already solved a particular issue I am currently having.

This whole issue has gotten much worse with the advent of the Horizon 4 subforum.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:43:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:45:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post


@leetorts -- Regards to collision/wallriding, this was addressed in our stream last night. You can find the link in the first post.


And again, why can't these be summarized as text and posted on the forums. The idea that I have to go to multiple places to get info is my biggest complaint.

(I really hate streams of any type. I would much rather read a summary. This applies to all news, not just news about Forza, btw. It is much easier to skim through text than to suffer through a lengthy stream, or worse yet try to find the parts that are of interest to me....)

Not only that, but often I can read the forums where I cannot stream video, due to firewall constraints over which I have no control.

I find it extremely arrogant to simply say "Go watch the stream".



Wallriding cars will be slowed down and ghosted. They "HOPE" to implement in Series 6 Update.

https://youtu.be/RIjVOUqoC2A?t=1998

@ 0:33:18
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:45:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post


@leetorts -- Regards to collision/wallriding, this was addressed in our stream last night. You can find the link in the first post.


And again, why can't these be summarized as text and posted on the forums. The idea that I have to go to multiple places to get info is my biggest complaint.

(I really hate streams of any type. I would much rather read a summary. This applies to all news, not just news about Forza, btw. It is much easier to skim through text than to suffer through a lengthy stream, or worse yet try to find the parts that are of interest to me....)

Not only that, but often I can read the forums where I cannot stream video, due to firewall constraints over which I have no control.

I find it extremely arrogant to simply say "Go watch the stream".



This is also a huge gripe of mine. The only way we get summaries of the streams is from helpful folks here on the forum who do it for us, and that usually comes in snippets during threads.

I totally agree that a 2 hour stream is a poor way to adress the community issues. If they are dead set on streaming, then take a page from rare(sea of thieves). Do a "5 MINUTE" video specifically covering update changes, and the game developer roadmap. Then summarize it in a blog. The 5 minute update could be separate from the beloved 2 hour livestream. That would also give them direct feedback as to how many people want the 5 minutes of actual news about the game, or really to want to watch the devs play the game for 2 hours. I mean, everyone is aware the top streamer of fh4 doenst even actually play the game anymore right?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:47:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

Rank: Racing Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:49:21 AM(UTC)
Finally back to play this game after 1 month of absence.

Happy to see Free-for-all, finally! Let's give it a try!

(20 mins later)

Yeah ok not worth my time. It's not fun for only 1 reason: Free-Roam Rush.

Remove Free-Roam Rush. Please. I am sick and tired of this. We've been asking that for months. Supercars =/= Grass. Leave it ONLY FOR CROSS-COUNTRY. I want to race, I don't want to fight trees.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:02:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:50:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post


Wallriding cars will be slowed down and ghosted. They "HOPE" to implement in Series 6 Update.

https://youtu.be/RIjVOUqoC2A?t=1998

@ 0:33:18

Thank YOU!!!

Originally Posted by: Granola Avenger Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post

And again, why can't these be summarized as text and posted on the forums. ...........


This is also a huge gripe of mine. The only way we get summaries of the streams is from helpful folks here on the forum who do it for us, and that usually comes in snippets during threads.

I totally agree that a 2 hour stream is a poor way to adress the community issues. If they are dead set on streaming, then take a page from rare(sea of thieves). Do a "5 MINUTE" video specifically covering update changes, and the game developer roadmap. Then summarize it in a blog. The 5 minute update could be separate from the beloved 2 hour livestream. That would also give them direct feedback as to how many people want the 5 minutes of actual news about the game, or really to want to watch the devs play the game for 2 hours. I mean, everyone is aware the top streamer of fh4 doenst even actually play the game anymore right?

What great suggestions

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:51:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:50:53 AM(UTC)
"race fast and clean to earn the most influence"...excuse me?
I thought free-for-all-adventure was measured with points, at least change the code copied from fh3


[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:52:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:57:24 AM(UTC)
First ranked adventure down,
Good things
- no teams

Bad things
- everything else.

Would be nice to know how many ****** times i get rammed just in one adventure, first race starting position 11, in start i overtake few guys and when i was overtaking one guy just before in first turn boom he crash me out of checkpoint. I drop in last place, i overtake one guy cleanly and then next guy in straight he ram me straigt in tree -.- nice ***** game.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:59:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ImunityPT Go to Quoted Post
"race fast and clean to earn the most influence"...excuse me?
I thought free-for-all-adventure was measured with points, at least change the code copied from fh3


[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]


Well they changed it a little. I believe the new motto is
"Ride the wall like a boss, and dodge trees for the win"
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:07:13 AM(UTC)
I see races which are 99% asphalt are still lumped into the 'dirt' category.
Rank: Racing Permit
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:15:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Granola Avenger Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ImunityPT Go to Quoted Post
"race fast and clean to earn the most influence"...excuse me?
I thought free-for-all-adventure was measured with points, at least change the code copied from fh3


[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]


Well they changed it a little. I believe the new motto is
"Ride the wall like a boss, and dodge trees for the win"

ahah true

Rank: Driver's License
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:21:04 AM(UTC)
I can't play because I don't have Xbox live gold
Rank: Driver's License
#42 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:25:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Looking forward to trying out some Ranked Free-For-All Adventure later when I have time. I will likely focus exclusively on racing in there outside of my Club events.

In the meantime here's my personal checklist of things from the previous thread that my club and I are having trouble with regarding Multiplayer; I'll update it as I go along.
Status updates are based off of information that has been published in official livestreams and updates.



[ Resolved ] Lack of non-Team Adventures

[ Resolved ] Hard to get people to join a Horizon Life PVP or Co-Op event within 45 seconds.



[ In Development ] Track design and game physics encourage and reward "wallriding" in Ranked Adventures.



[_] Players aggressively crash into each other in order to overtake/defend without notable consequences.

[_] Teammates deliberately crashing into one another without notable consequences.

[_] No Team Adventure modes on Fortune Island.

[_] Private Adventures limited to Teams only.

[_] Freeroam Rush's presence "forcing" players to choose cars suited to Cross-Country in Road Racing and Street Racing Adventures

[_] Long waiting times when matchmaking in Ranked Team Adventure.

[_] Convoys getting split up after connecting to a Team Adventure, some getting left behind etc.

[_] Unclear player rating system in Ranked Team Adventure, players losing points for "winning".

[_] PI system restricts competitively-viable cars to a few narrow build types.

[_] Lack of Class-Based Rivals for every Route.

[_] A number of Routes classified as "Dirt Racing" consist mainly of tarmac roads.

[_] Lack of "Ghost only" Online Adventures.

[_] Lack of an ability to choose a preferred Class when queuing up for Team Adventure.

[_] Lack of an ability to vote on the theme/Class of a new Unranked/Private Adventure after completing the current one.

[_] No Team Adventures for D, C and B-Class cars.

[_] No way to save Replays of races.

[_] No way to "Vote to Kick" troublesome players.

[_] No in-game way to blacklist certain players, to prevent getting matchmaked with them.

[_] No way to whitelist certain players in order to encourage the game to matchmake you with them more often.

[_] Lap-based races are too short (3 minutes on average compared to 7 in Forza Motorpsort 7), encouraging players to rush and barge their way towards the front.

[_] No way to force all players to use Simulation Damage in private/public races.

[_] No way to force all players to use certain Difficulty settings in Private Team Adventures.

[_] No way to force collisions off in Private Team Adventures.

[_] No way to kick a user out of a Convoy.

[_] No way to change cars/setups in-between Private Team Adventures. All players are sent to a "limbo lobby" where they cannot access menus.

[_] No way to save Private Team Adventure playlists for future use.

[_] No way to choose Street Racing or Drag Racing events in Private Team Adventure.

[_] Grids for races are set to Random, no way to encourage players to put in good performances to qualify in higher positions for future races.

[_] No way to disable Quick Chat or prevent users from spamming comments.

[_] Hard to spot when another Horizon Life user has queued up a PVP or Co-Op event (green UI icon doesn't stand out on-screen, lack of pop-up at top of screen like in Forza Horizon 3).


Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
As promised, after closing the last multiplayer thread due to our new update upcoming, I said I would open another thread for discussion!

If you missed our live stream announcing the brand new Free-For-All, you can check it out here.
Everything is discussed and shown within the first section of the stream, so you won't need to go scrolling through.

Update 5 will be going live this week so I hope you all enjoy the new mode!

Don't forget, please also submit a ticket for any issues, bugs and especially any feedback & suggestions that you post here.

Thanks,
RetroKrystal


You managed to cross off two things of the list. Massive disappointment. Good job, well done...

Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:26:47 AM(UTC)
On my opinion for ranked adventure to be perfect it has to be played on ghost mode, and there has to be friction on walls. I also would like to see free roam rush gone. This way it would be all about skill,as a ranked gamemode should be. Also i want the issue of 60fps players starting the race earlier fixed asap, if you play against people the same level as you, you would see how big of an issue this is.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:33:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#44 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:34:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
@PJTierney -- Have you submitted all them suggestions as tickets?

I have not; it is merely a personal checklist for now.

I may do so once I have time however. What would be the best format to handle this? 1 mail for all or 20 individual mails, and do they all need to be fully fleshed-out messages?

I do have a question however; what purpose does this forum thread serve if all content is meant to be sent in ticket format anyway?


As only a very small minority of the player base use this forum, it would be ridiculous to take what is posted here as representative of the wider community. There are other forms of social media and technical data to take into account.

The forum can be useful in other ways though. Giving help to other users who may be having in game problems for example.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:36:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:35:08 AM(UTC)
Second ranked adventure down, how meme it can be S2 dirt racing in winter. Was actually good thing because only me and 5 other guys was left after first two races so not so mutch ramming but i still got very good example how terrible ramming and wallriding in this game really is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXobbgkq6Sg what do you say PG friendly and nice online experience right?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:39:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Second ranked adventure down, how meme it can be S2 dirt racing in winter. Was actually good thing because only me and 5 other guys was left after first two races so not so mutch ramming but i still got very good example how terrible ramming and wallriding in this game really is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXobbgkq6Sg what do you say PG friendly and nice online experience right?


I thought the "ramming" was all down to it being team based though?

Just watched your vid. You messed up that last bend then tried to push the other driver off the track. He just looked like he was holding his ground to me.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:42:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 5 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:47:08 AM(UTC)
Hi,

Whoever said that once we got a free solo adventure, the ramming and wallriding festival will end because now we're not in opposite teams was terribly wrong. NOW the real RUMBLE has started. I did a whole 3 solo adventures and everyone in the race basically just wanted to KILL ME AT EVERY CORNER. I was totally massacrated by people without brakes every few seconds and ramming got even worse because now people who didnt ram their teammates are free to ram everyone. Because simply put it everyone is your enemy in a race. Once I got stopped in place by a guy infront of me a second after the race has started, he got surpassed by 8 people but managed to completely waste me at the wall with a little "LOL" in quick chat after that.

Never experienced such childish and toxic community in gaming my whole life, period. I tried this new solo adventure for 30 minutes and I will never again. Avoid it if you dont want to have serious health issues.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:47:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#48 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:49:42 AM(UTC)
At the end of the race I would prefer it shows the winner's name. If I come first it does, but if I come say 3rd it just says my name and podium finish. It doesn't say the winner's name at all. (I know it did on the previous scoreboard but it's not the same. Give the winner the glory, let's all see their name up in big letters.)

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:54:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#49 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:52:24 AM(UTC)
Honestly this just shows how hard it is to build a multiplayer system that satisfies a multi-million member community, props to the devs for doing everything they can. I'm gonna give this new system a spin for myself tonight and see how it goes.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:02:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Honestly this just shows how hard it is to build a multiplayer system that satisfies a multi-million member community, props to the devs for doing everything they can.

Except another game seems able to solve the ramming problem:
https://www.youtube.com/...ature=youtu.be&t=454
118 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error