123 Pages<<119120121122123PrevNext
#3001 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 8:06:48 AM(UTC)
After almost 6 months of playing FH4 i have managed to reach tier 5 in free for all adventure. From this point on you get significant points if you (can) beat gold tag opponents. The problem is that there are too few of them online.

I thought that this game sells like hot cakes, something like millions of copies, so why when you go to the ranked player list there are under 50k names there. Where is everyone else?
 5 users liked this post.
#3002 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 9:48:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BaronTRB Go to Quoted Post
After almost 6 months of playing FH4 i have managed to reach tier 5 in free for all adventure. From this point on you get significant points if you (can) beat gold tag opponents. The problem is that there are too few of them online.

I thought that this game sells like hot cakes, something like millions of copies, so why when you go to the ranked player list there are under 50k names there. Where is everyone else?

This mode should have been the one loved by the racers but the design is so bad that only few accepted to cope with it.

More in details, old game & big risks for high levels to loose tens of hours of game on racing with beginners ( the matchmaking works as well as FH support ) do result in people having reached a good level to just stop playing to keep it up.

All my respect to all those who managed their way up in that mode.
#3003 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 4:32:21 PM(UTC)

It’s odd. There isn’t too much wrong with FFA, particularly if you are lower ranked. I can only assume it’s the failure to properly deal with ramming which puts most people off. Why do double the number of people play RTA, despite knowing the points are broken?

At league 5, you should still be able to progress relatively swiftly by beating ranks 6-10, provided you can beat them of course. Congratulations for getting there though - probably puts you in the top 200 in the ranks!
#3004 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 6:25:34 PM(UTC)
In League 4 you can still get 10-20 points (sometimes) for beating greens. The more/higher the better of course. My most recent run only had one league 10 and I got +3. Something anyways.

When I was new to the game I played RTA a lot. It is an appealing concept, perhaps more new people are going there. Has been fun to get a convoy going in them too.
#3005 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 2:09:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

This mode should have been the one loved by the racers but the design is so bad that only few accepted to cope with it.

More in details, old game & big risks for high levels to loose tens of hours of game on racing with beginners ( the matchmaking works as well as FH support ) do result in people having reached a good level to just stop playing to keep it up.

All my respect to all those who managed their way up in that mode.

Why thank you! It truly is chaotic and quite the minefield but it can be conquered with the right sort of patience. Annoying patience.

Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Back again at GM level, this time i'm leaving that account up there instead of going for top 3 lol

I now have 2 official accounts in GM realm but unofficially this is my 3rd. Disconnects ruined the other one.

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 2 users liked this post.
#3006 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 10:19:37 PM(UTC)
Not playing a lot recently but discovered yesterday that the long waiting times between 2 races are mostly off. Adding the public chat update, looks they are working on things not being new features. That's good news, I hope for more of this kind, who knows, ...
#3007 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 4:08:48 PM(UTC)
Not playing a lot recently but discovered yesterday that the long waiting times between 2 races are mostly off. Adding the public chat update, looks they are working on things not being new features. That's good news, I hope for more of this kind, who knows, ...

Fingers crossed. Ranked is still as toxic as ever, lobby choice would go a very long way

#3008 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 1:59:16 PM(UTC)
What is going on with ranked adventures??? I just played 3 hours to climb from rank 12 2111points, after winning at the end a free for all adventure I got a screen that congratulated me for reaching rank 8, and after when it came to the screen where you choose to either continue to a new event by pressing enter to choose a car, or ESC to quit, I did quit and after I checked my ranked I was still same Rank 12 with the same 2111 points!? 0 points changed after playing for 3 hours of free for all ranked adventures??
#3009 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 6:29:31 PM(UTC)
You can’t continue to a new event at ranked FFA. Sounds like you were playing unranked.
 1 user liked this post.
#3010 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 11:01:51 PM(UTC)

Got a game update this evening, setup for Thursday possibly, but now the mega-wait is back... minutes long on fast traveling other players. Worse than before even. It had been ok for a couple weeks I think.
 2 users liked this post.
#3011 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 6:30:27 AM(UTC)
Hi, i am Dreew, and play forza from motorsport 3, I never complained much about how things were going, but this is not, THIS NOT

Someone explains to me how this modality was conceived, it's just a waste of time, because throwing time into it, you can get `` real '' points only if no one comes out, but it has become an endless circle, no one has become like this stupid to '' give you '' points, if he loses, he goes out, and tries again in a new lobby, but why?

because there is no penalty system for those who do not respect the commitment to finish what they started, it took me 12 hours of racing to get some points (11), and not because I lose the rest, but because every time someone runs away from the lobby, tricking the system and wasting time for all participants.

last night then, we would have done almost 20 races, we won all but one, and guess what, none of my team went out and in the enemy team, look what a coincidence not even one came out, and I lost the title of grandmaster, now I also feel forced to these gestures of cowardice, it took me a month to score 50 points taken in 6 races, just think how many I did without the slightest compensation or loss, and I lost 41 in 20 minutes , and for all the rest of the time, no points added or deducted, because every time someone comes out

I do not understand why it is not fixed, a 30 minute penalty would be enough in which one can no longer search for an online session to VERY limit this factor, but nothing, I do not understand all this, #SaveHorizon
Please.
 1 user liked this post.
#3012 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 6:56:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RB033 Go to Quoted Post

Got a game update this evening, setup for Thursday possibly, but now the mega-wait is back... minutes long on fast traveling other players. Worse than before even. It had been ok for a couple weeks I think.

Has been better this morning. Maybe server side hiccups. New somewhat subtle UI adjustments were a waste of time, really strange priorities. The blur over names in free roam is bad, I've already had the road ahead blocked out when trying for a speed trap. I guess I'll have to turn the names off?
#3013 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 8:00:13 PM(UTC)
Its actually insane to me the lack of support on this game and I hate that im ultra competitive and cant stop playing. Ive been playing Forza since 2009 and according to my forza hub I have 804 days played across all games. I was mostly a motorsport player (outside of getting achievements and such on FH1, FH2 and FH3) because I like the more sim racing side and seriousness of it and there was unfortunately not much for ranked outside of Leagues on FM7 but even then it got boring fast. I was super stoked when I originally found out about the ranked on FH4 and its actually roped me in to the point I have quite a bit of time played but its just rage inducing now. Team ranked adventure is still fun with friends even though you almost never get points and its actually funny how slow all the "GM" players in TRA are, its obvious they are boosted and have been there for a long time. The unfortunate thing for me has been FFA, on my quest up the ladder up until about rank 4 I never experienced disconnects but now ive had 5 or 6 in the last 3 weeks and obviously it is super painful to spend 5 hours gaining 10 sr and losing 80 in a disconnect when you are that high ranked. The disconnects are what kills me but then again getting negative points for winning is wack too like I would understand 0 but negative? Unless its someone around 3100 or higher I get between 0 to +2 for a win (if they are less than around 2900 I usually get 0 or -1 and if 2500 or less i get -2 for winning!) I got all the way up rank 2 just shy of rank 1 and GM (peak 4725 rating) but today alone I lost it down to 4560 due to a disconnect (-85 sr) and a boosting duo around 4k sr that just rammed me off the whole game so their 4500 friend could win. I am sorry to rant and I know nothing will be changed since it has been over a year but its just wild to be a company so large with such a popular game would just straight up ignore the thousands of people complaining about the same problems for so long. I just wanted to vent because I know all you out there can relate with my frustration.

One thing I will mention about disconnects is that I found a way to mitigate the problem for me MOST of the time. I only play a max of 3 adventures before I then Alt F4 and restart the game. I did that for a week with no disconnects playing many hours a day, The disconnect I had today I forgot to do my cycle and played probably 5 or 6 adventures over 2 hours so it was my own fault for forgetting the faulty game doesnt work. I hope that helps others out. Another helpful tip for people who dont know, if you dont want to play any adventure with freeroam rush because who does? When the loading screen pops up if you put down your controller and dont touch your mouse/keyboard if on pc and dont touch anything. The timer will start at 40 seconds and assuming you dont touch anything when the timer gets to 10 seconds it will say inactivity detected. If you dont touch anything and the timer runs out it just puts you back in freeroam and you can then re-queue. You will not lose any SR in free for all ranked (obviously you never do in team ranked because you can leave at any time for free). If you make a mistake and touch it any point and you dont get the inactivity timer or you do it right towards the end by accident like I have and it makes you pick a random car you can Alt F4 while its "loading players" and you will still not lose any SR.
#3014 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 6:24:42 AM(UTC)
Just did my one adventure of the series. Weak lobby, but I conspired to lose! First race on Elmsdon sprint I missed a checkpoint slightly because I wasn't paying attention. Ended up finishing 5th because I just didn't have time to catch up. Won the next two races very easily but ended 52-50. Pfft. One tiny mistake is fatal sometimes.
#3015 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 7:40:06 AM(UTC)
I qualified with my alt after that and did win. What are the chances that I ended up in a lobby with the same player I lost to above? This time it was not an easy win though. S2 street spring, he was in an F50 WP and me a CLK GTR. I won the first race, he the second. Third race I had to win, he started first and me last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999Luv822dA

Forza's anti-ramming measures helped me here.
 3 users liked this post.
#3016 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 10:13:14 AM(UTC)
Solo ranked has now become silly...sure I have 2 accounts up at the top but I still mess around not using meta cars and I noticed something the last few days. This club FR, Julien is the lead guy. He likes to join rooms with 3 or 4 of his club members and allow them to wreck and block for him so he can get a easy win. He doesnt realize its me in the room with him because he doesnt know of my alt accounts but its very apparent what they are doing. I've played against him on my main account numerous times, he is not as good as his current rank is portraying him to be. I know this because he never beat me, not once.

If he doesnt have buffers, he wouldnt even be as high as he is. Now I check the table and this guy is in the top 10. Would be nice if PG would do something about people abusing the system this way but they never fixed the team rank issue so this one will probably be ignored as well. I messaged someone I saw that got wiped out by one his members and they told me its not the first time they've done that to them. Its shameful and a bit annoying because the few of us that have made it up there know exactly how difficult a journey it is, while this guy is handicapping any chance of him losing by having his guard dogs keep anyone from defeating him.

Edit: Just ran into them again. Him and 3 attack dogs. We were tied going into the last race but of course that wasnt gonna end well. He started ahead of me and they made sure i'd never catch up to him

Edited by user Friday, March 19, 2021 2:43:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3017 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2021 1:32:53 PM(UTC)
I seem to see that the servers have some problems, with frequent disconnections, even two or three in an hour, especially in the evening (central Europe), to the whole lobby, it is quite annoying in ranked, I think the need for get your hands on it
#3018 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2021 1:30:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BDS DevilPamby Go to Quoted Post
I seem to see that the servers have some problems, with frequent disconnections, even two or three in an hour, especially in the evening (central Europe), to the whole lobby, it is quite annoying in ranked, I think the need for get your hands on it

Edit:I discovered that after this general disconnection, only the users of xbox series s / x remain, that's why I have had a point deduction in free for all, someone had survived in the room.
#3019 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 12:27:44 PM(UTC)
Ok, so I have the answer to my question on another thread, it’s, not related to my Xbox disconnect seems to happen mainly on asphalt championships, hardly on dirt and cc .
I would not be surprised it is linked to the Xbox system update that almost killed my 1x.

Edited by user Sunday, March 21, 2021 12:43:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3020 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 4:08:02 PM(UTC)
Ok, so I have the answer to my question on another thread, it’s, not related to my Xbox disconnect seems to happen mainly on asphalt championships, hardly on dirt and cc .
I would not be surprised it is linked to the Xbox system update that almost killed my 1x.

Nope its happening in dirt and cross country too. 5 times this week, I've ended up the last person in the lobby.

#3021 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 4:15:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Solo ranked has now become silly...sure I have 2 accounts up at the top but I still mess around not using meta cars and I noticed something the last few days. This club FR, Julien is the lead guy. He likes to join rooms with 3 or 4 of his club members and allow them to wreck and block for him so he can get a easy win. He doesnt realize its me in the room with him because he doesnt know of my alt accounts but its very apparent what they are doing. I've played against him on my main account numerous times, he is not as good as his current rank is portraying him to be. I know this because he never beat me, not once.

If he doesnt have buffers, he wouldnt even be as high as he is. Now I check the table and this guy is in the top 10. Would be nice if PG would do something about people abusing the system this way but they never fixed the team rank issue so this one will probably be ignored as well. I messaged someone I saw that got wiped out by one his members and they told me its not the first time they've done that to them. Its shameful and a bit annoying because the few of us that have made it up there know exactly how difficult a journey it is, while this guy is handicapping any chance of him losing by having his guard dogs keep anyone from defeating him.

Edit: Just ran into them again. Him and 3 attack dogs. We were tied going into the last race but of course that wasnt gonna end well. He started ahead of me and they made sure i'd never catch up to him

What? If 5 ****s start searching for a free-for-all game at the same time, there is a chance all 5 of them end up in the same game?
 1 user liked this post.
#3022 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 4:21:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I qualified with my alt after that and did win. What are the chances that I ended up in a lobby with the same player I lost to above? This time it was not an easy win though. S2 street spring, he was in an F50 WP and me a CLK GTR. I won the first race, he the second. Third race I had to win, he started first and me last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999Luv822dA

Forza's anti-ramming measures helped me here.

Rammer got his ***. kicked, good job!
#3023 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 9:15:53 AM(UTC)
The game is becoming a bigger joke by the day. Twice its crashed while loading up the ranked lobby. Once my rank was spared, 2nd time they docked me 200 points 😠😠😠😠😠

And another 200! Unstable is such a understatement. Need a far stronger word than that!

Edited by user Thursday, March 25, 2021 9:38:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3024 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 9:27:09 AM(UTC)
It’s incredibly unstable currently. Just isn’t worth risking the penalty in FFA.
#3025 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 7:21:40 PM(UTC)
yup currently unplayable in FFA if you care about your rank, i was at 4730 and now im down in the 4460 region due to 3 disconnects. it was kind of bad before and it only got worse this season, 100% not playable
123 Pages<<119120121122123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error