121 Pages<<118119120121PrevNext
#2976 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 3:47:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eusilion Go to Quoted Post
The Ranked in this game is a complete joke. I can't take it anymore.

I won 4 games in a row; went from Divison 9 to Division 7 in one game. During the next game, I went back to Division 9 (before the game finished, and I still won that race.). After completing the race, I got promoted to Division 8. During the next race, the same thing happened, again and again. I am now Divison 8 once again. There's no point in even trying to go for Grand Master when the game can't even determine your rank.

I think you're referring to Ranked Team Adventure, see https://forums.forzamoto...ut-of-luck-all-week.aspx

I treat the Team Adventure as practice mode. The standard of driving there is generally better than in Freeplay Team adventures. Everyone else on here shares your frustration on this issue.

For the Free For All Ranked Adventure the points do save, so if you care about progressing in ranked that's the place to be.

#2977 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 4:39:13 AM(UTC)
Was half way through league 11 and just dropped to quarter of the way into league 12 after my last game (4 of the team left, other team won), is that normal to lose so many points in a single game?

Wasn't going to play team again because of ramming etc, but seems no-one is playing FFA (tried countless times to find a match but it failed to do so every single time so far this morning)
#2978 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 7:21:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eusilion Go to Quoted Post
The Ranked in this game is a complete joke. I can't take it anymore.

I won 4 games in a row; went from Divison 9 to Division 7 in one game. During the next game, I went back to Division 9 (before the game finished, and I still won that race.). After completing the race, I got promoted to Division 8. During the next race, the same thing happened, again and again. I am now Divison 8 once again. There's no point in even trying to go for Grand Master when the game can't even determine your rank.

And that's not the only issue...

THE CONSTANT RAMMERS! Playground, please add a god damn penalty for rammers. Opponents literally ram me off the track because they have no chance of winning. How is that fair???

Me: Accidently rams my car into a wall
PG: OOP TOO BAD 3 SECOND SLOW DOWN

Opponent purposefully rams me off the track and sends me into hyperspace because they can't drive a car for their life.
PG: sleeps

And again, that's not the only issue...
How are Divison 12+ players getting queued up with Grandmasters? Is there seriously no Skill Based Matchmaking in a RANKED game mode? I cannot stress the number of times I play with teammates who can't drive for their life. It's like they're using their feet or something.

It's a serious shame that this is the only good open-world racing game out right now. I've played all the rest, and none of them can match Horizon. unfourtunately This game has so many bugs, it makes Cold War seem like a masterpiece in game design. I seriously don't understand the point of sweating in Ranked when issues as simple as these can't be fixed after 2+ years.

This I wholeheartedly agree with. Ramming or pushing people at low speeds is still a problem that works around the system. The lack of SBMM (skill based match making) in general **** es me of the most as even if I want to win it means absolutely if my team gets filled with vegetables while the other team is either stacked or a whole god dang club. Honestly I've gotten more headaches racing than I have sweating on cod. At least there it makes sense but as a semi casual racer this is ridiculous.
#2979 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 1:17:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ribeyefan Go to Quoted Post
seems no-one is playing FFA (tried countless times to find a match but it failed to do so every single time so far this morning)

I've seen that a couple of times recently, Sunday and yesterday evening I think. It gave up after 10+ minutes with an error about DNS resolution failure, which doesn't make much sense. Dodgy error message probably.

For yesterday's failure I had previously passed on an S2, got going in A800 CC Winter but got disconnected at the end of the first race. I think there are issues in the backend, but Free play FFA worked straigtht away so it isn't everything server-side that is broken. Frustrating.
#2980 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 2:21:04 AM(UTC)
I wonder if they will address these very long-standing issues before the next Forza, which presumably is due out this year.

I'm already planning to get a PS5 and Gran Turismo 7 because I've had enough of the amateur hour of this franchise.
 1 user liked this post.
#2981 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 3:05:25 AM(UTC)
Is there any engagement with the community anywhere on these issues? You’d have thought work on FH5 must be well in the works. If so, surely there should be some attempt going on to gather intel on what has worked well and/or badly in the current game? If there isn’t any suggestion of that sort of engagement re the ranked mode, then I wouldn’t hold out much hope of improvement. I don’t get the impression there is much understanding or focus on the ranked part of the game within PGG.
#2982 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 11:06:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Is there any engagement with the community anywhere on these issues? You’d have thought work on FH5 must be well in the works. If so, surely there should be some attempt going on to gather intel on what has worked well and/or badly in the current game? If there isn’t any suggestion of that sort of engagement re the ranked mode, then I wouldn’t hold out much hope of improvement. I don’t get the impression there is much understanding or focus on the ranked part of the game within PGG.

Which is crazy since turn 10 learned this the hard way with FM7 and actually started using feedback from players (albeit way after the games life cycle ended) so you'd think they'd follow suit.
#2983 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 11:31:55 PM(UTC)
Nice to drive against Jezza yesterday unfortunately with lots of lag... He smoked the competition using drag tyres on events with rain?
Great game
 1 user liked this post.
#2984 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 2:21:55 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I was experimenting with the Syclone. Wasn’t too bad in slightly wet conditions. Good races 👍.
 1 user liked this post.
#2985 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2021 12:06:44 AM(UTC)
FH5, well, considering FH4 experience, clothes & danses stuff, lego, eliminator, my raptor still regularly going under ground, no penalty ramming,( "a bit of contact is fun" Mike's best bet ), wheel screws painting being TOP bug fix and no challenger insight ... Well, let's be realistic ... all available indicators are announcing a continuation of the way down.

I predict more unexpected stuff like cartoon player avatars, playmobil DLC like, possibly nitro/rockets , none of fixes/evolutions expected by intensive players and raytracing/xxxFPS based advertising ...

I hope I will be proved wrong but my bet is on GT despite its ultimately claustrophobic limited environment.
 1 user liked this post.
#2986 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 5:01:45 AM(UTC)
Yes, it’s hard to envision ranked in FH5 being any better, given the lack of focus on it in this iteration. There are two key issues to resolve - the points system and ramming/unsporting driving. Neither are easy to fix but neither has any real attempt to do so (beyond the initial ghosting) been made.

I think you are reading too much into that initial quote though, which I think I recall at the time. I wouldn’t be in favour of all ghosted racing so, in that sense, I agree a bit of contact is fun. I suspect though that if you sat Mike down and showed him the type of ramming most people want to see dealt with, he would agree entirely that it should not be permitted. My suspicion is that the failure to deal with it is more an inability to come up with an efficient solution, and a lack of manpower to do the type of reactive moderation that would really be needed, rather than actually thinking such driving is acceptable and “fun”.
 1 user liked this post.
#2987 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 8:53:43 AM(UTC)
If there was an option, even with an induced time penalty, to race fully ghosted in ranked, i would take it without much thought for two reasons.

First to be able to overtake slower opponents without much hassle, and second to have a peace of mind against rammers, pushers and idiots. A little contact is fun but unfortunately we are not dealing with a little contact.
 2 users liked this post.
#2988 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 6:10:30 AM(UTC)
Been playing Ranked Team a bit, since there is more challenge than unranked, managed to gain a few points even, but since I'm not a quitter I also lost them. One certainly can't take this mode seriously anymore, but in a way that has made it all the more fun. It is troll-ville on wheels.

My new favourite thing is to thoroughly beat 'grandmasters' and watch them quit so they don't lose their meaningless status.
 2 users liked this post.
#2989 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 7:11:35 AM(UTC)
There’s just no incentive for anyone playing ranked team to actually improve. If in doubt, quit seems to be the general motto. I actually gained about 20 points last night as I think I had two matches where no one quit and won them both. I think I encountered 6 different GMs last night. Only one of them was relatively competent (he quit when I beat him in race 2 to make it 1-1 overall) and they all quit when losing. Had the points I won actually counted I’d have been well over 100 points up.
#2990 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 8:42:24 AM(UTC)
I'm not disagreeing or trying to be sassy, but as lame as those players are for quitting to protect their "rank," I find it hard to be too disappointed with those types when the overall player culture overwhelmingly supports quit-quit-quit in playground games as a means to justify their personal ends. While those are different things, events, the screw-everyone-else-I'm-getting-what-i-want mentality is the same. That way of thinking, of being, is already validated culturally. If any of that makes sense. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Every train needs a caboose, right?
#2991 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 3:25:15 PM(UTC)
Back again at GM level, this time i'm leaving that account up there instead of going for top 3 lol
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#2992 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 3:23:34 PM(UTC)
The scoring system really doesn’t make any sense at all. I came back to this game on series 30 after a long hiatus and did one ranked FFA adventure for the festival playlist. I won the adventure against one level 8 guy and some really low rank guys and it bumped me all the way up to league 2 with 4570 points, despite never having been ranked higher than league 8. Like how does the game decide to bump me up that high? I’m hardly as good as any of the people this high up and ever since then I’ve only been losing races against other high level players.

Also, I still can’t believe they have free roam rush in ranked matches after all this time. Even if it’s only on dirt/CC, it’s a luck based game mode and it mostly goes to whoever can drive in a straight line the fastest. Plus it’s not even that fun. Wish they could just keep free roam rush but remove the scoring from those rounds
#2993 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 3:39:12 PM(UTC)
How long a hiatus Rob? Probably 18 months or so ago there was a redistribution of ranking points so that everyone went up several levels (as previously no one was able to get to the very top ranks). League 8 to League 2 I think was about the upgrade it made then (but that would have meant that when you were League 8 you were one of the top ranked players). Otherwise, I have no idea why it would have jumped you so much.
#2994 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 3:00:48 PM(UTC)
Team Adventure points are not saving for me for the last few days.

e.g.
Started 1401 points on Tuesday
went up to 1696 points
back to 1401 point on Wednesday

Is this a bug?
#2995 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 4:13:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vackovich Go to Quoted Post
Team Adventure points are not saving for me for the last few days.

e.g.
Started 1401 points on Tuesday
went up to 1696 points
back to 1401 point on Wednesday

Is this a bug?

It’s been the position since about October/November 2019. There’s a long thread on it somewhere on the forum which I’m too tired to dig out now. Basically, if anyone quits a Team Adventure race, no one gets any points for that adventure. Your points will only change if everyone who starts the adventure is still there at the end. They often appear to change but they will reset 1 or occasionally 2 adventures later.

#2996 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 10:34:42 PM(UTC)
I have only been playing for about 1 yr now and I find Adventure modes to all be a monstrous pain in the behind.

I'm working on my drifting at this time, so been having an okay time in that adventure mode. Ranked Team Racing/Games fall apart too easily and end up wasting a persons time. Ranked FFA turned out to be exactly what I hoped it would not be: a dumpster fire. Getting rammed, spun out and slowed all the time is not fun. The online modes seem to be plagued with stability issues. Sudden losses of control are hard to take. With the broad range of ranks I tend to get grouped with/against, I get the feeling that either the population playing is low, or the MM system is the equivalent of picking random names from a hat.

Either way, the current systems in place make it very difficult to gauge/track personal progress.

Question portion of this.

What are the penalties for quitting adventures?
Is it normal to hit rank 11-12 from your first ranked match each season?
Are the Team Adventure modes worth playing with the horrible points system currently in place?
#2997 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 1:37:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Memnarch420 Go to Quoted Post
Question portion of this.

What are the penalties for quitting adventures?

It's like you lost to all the other players and your rank will take the hit according to their ranks relative to yours.

Quote:
Is it normal to hit rank 11-12 from your first ranked match each season?

At the start of a season when you are shown as unranked, the game still considers you as your rank from last season, so once you complete one adventure in the new season it is normal to get your previous rank back, or go up or down slightly as applicable.

Quote:
Are the Team Adventure modes worth playing with the horrible points system currently in place?

I would say not but that's for you to decide really.

Edited by user Thursday, February 18, 2021 1:38:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2998 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 1:50:36 AM(UTC)
FN’s post is accurate save that his explanation of the penalty system for quitting is for FFA only (and possibly Drift - not sure as I don’t play it). For team races, if you quit you don’t suffer any penalty and ruin the race for everyone else as they also cannot gain or lose any points as soon as someone quits.

RTA is reasonably good fun to play in convoy with a few friends but, given the broken points system, it’s a fun mode rather than really competitive (for me at least).
 1 user liked this post.
#2999 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 8:34:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
FH5, well, considering FH4 experience, clothes & danses stuff, lego, eliminator, my raptor still regularly going under ground, no penalty ramming,( "a bit of contact is fun" Mike's best bet ), wheel screws painting being TOP bug fix and no challenger insight ... Well, let's be realistic ... all available indicators are announcing a continuation of the way down.

I predict more unexpected stuff like cartoon player avatars, playmobil DLC like, possibly nitro/rockets , none of fixes/evolutions expected by intensive players and raytracing/xxxFPS based advertising ...

I hope I will be proved wrong but my bet is on GT despite its ultimately claustrophobic limited environment.

This is typical for gaming companies these days. it all boils down to greed and money. they make the game and the dedicated players provide a great average and presentation to build a game and prove it will sell. Since these companies are owned by stock holders and actions dictated by a board of directors, these people are only concerned with making the extra dollar even if it hurts that loyal base. And I bet not one board member and probably 99% of the stock holders do not play this game or any games.

In a world where everyone is on fortnite and the "kids" are jumping into gaming based on trends, twitch , and social media, they want to make the game similar to grab market share. With social media sites and apps running the entire world and economy now , it makes since to try and add all this BS stuff to just get one more person to play the game and squeeze out another dollar. no one is concerned with what dedicated true fans of the game want. they know you will buy the next game. it is all about squeezing the next dollar out on the current game. they know as the income stream slows they will make a new game so its fine. they can pump up the bottom line for the shareholders and the board again. if loyal and dedicated players leave, its not to concerning becausde the shareholders will just go buy other stocks where the gamers go or whatever is the hot thing. they do not care if we have fun as long as its just enough to make you buy the game and maybe grab some extra cash with DLC. like TV where almost every channel has a subscription service now , it is all about the money. even if a partner which the company has employed is private, the big company with the board is telling them what to do. I do not think this will ever change , if anything it could get worse until the game is finally dead. the price we paid already isnt covering costs of fixing the issues. but the cost to make new DLC and avatar stuff brings new players and money in from existing players to keep the game going and pay for the new stuff.

I wish it wasnt true, because i think we could be amazed with what could really be developed.

1 user liked this post.
#3000 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 9:26:31 AM(UTC)
The lack of alternatives also paves the way to this approach.
Only thing is that some went so far in this 'get more cash' they did hit the wall. I hope it is one of the reasons some game releases were heavily delayed, not forgetting Covid is one too. I couldn't be happier than being proved wrong for FH.
121 Pages<<118119120121PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error