119 Pages<<116117118119PrevNext
#2926 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 4:41:22 PM(UTC)
i think it is releated to your TrueSkill. because you played a lot with the alternative account and your online skills are very good.

i got at least 50 points every time today. if everything goes well, it was just over 200 points.
And now regardless of whether the points counted or not.

There is a small list here (but not as detailed as you always do - there are too many games for that). ;-)
https://forums.forzamoto...l-week.aspx#post_1178200
 1 user liked this post.
#2927 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 4:17:35 PM(UTC)
This is getting ridiculous. Was just playing against a low ranked player that was using the warthog on s1 events having a pi of 840. Needless to say he had something close to half a million hp so he was winning. Most of the top rival results are made this way. How come they don't address this?
 1 user liked this post.
#2928 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 8:25:28 AM(UTC)
Anyone having problem with DCs? In last hour I was DCed from 3 TA and 1 FFA. Adventure after adventure.

EDIT: nevermind, now it is working OK

Edited by user Wednesday, November 25, 2020 8:50:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2929 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 9:20:27 AM(UTC)
The servers have so much lag, it is impossible to drive. They should ghost everyone if this occurs and not try to sync which makes things worst. This is terrible. I think i am going to focus on driving ofline on rivals and such.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 25, 2020 11:57:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2930 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 10:57:40 AM(UTC)
yes, DC in RTA since weekend. 1-3 times per evening.
before this weekend: 0 DC
#2931 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 3:06:47 AM(UTC)
Had an interesting S2 street adventure last night. My suspicion is that a few had coordinated joining as there were done from the same club and it was a surprisingly high level lobby (a lot of golds).

First race I got rammed into oblivion and only finished 9th, so assumed I was in big trouble. However, after winning the 2nd race I was only two points off the lead - lead on 26 points and I was on 24, with five of us within 2 points. I won the third one fairly easily and won overall. First time I can ever recalling winning a 3 race adventure with a 9th place finish in it! Just shows how much better it could be if there were races with fairly even entries.
 1 user liked this post.
#2932 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 7:36:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Had an interesting S2 street adventure last night. My suspicion is that a few had coordinated joining as there were done from the same club and it was a surprisingly high level lobby (a lot of golds).

First race I got rammed into oblivion and only finished 9th, so assumed I was in big trouble. However, after winning the 2nd race I was only two points off the lead - lead on 26 points and I was on 24, with five of us within 2 points. I won the third one fairly easily and won overall. First time I can ever recalling winning a 3 race adventure with a 9th place finish in it! Just shows how much better it could be if there were races with fairly even entries.

Rammed by said crew though, or others? Having more even competition would be awesome, and even better if the risk/reward ratio wasn't so steep. It is sad that the margin is so thin up there at the top, but most good drivers would probably be 5000 forever. A different way they could score would be ratios of races entered vs points, but somehow I think it would be a similar leaderboard.

I keep saying to myself, 'I'll be happy just to make the next league' and then when I get there I say it again :D :D :D. I think realistically I will top out at league 5 though, or 4 if I'm lucky. I'm about 50/50 win/loss, or a little better some series. Even when losing to higher ranks, 50/50 will stop rewarding at some point.
#2933 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 8:58:29 AM(UTC)
Couldn’t work out who was ramming me first time. Just got shunted very hard from behind into a wall and i got a huge slow down. Second time I got pushed around a checkpoint but didn’t note exactly which car it was. Generally felt quite dangerous to drive near any of them as I had to do quite a bit of evasive driving in race 2 - third race I started on pole and had got a big lead before unghosting.

I’m currently running at about a 3-1 win ratio on my alt (non meta) account which includes a fair bit of car experimentation. I tend to get around 6/7 wins per loss when I’m using my main which is usually enough to gain points even in League 1.
#2934 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 11:14:32 AM(UTC)
I wouldn’t risk playing any ranked at present. Just got disconnected twice in three events (both in the 3rd race when I’d have won). Cost me 150 points or so in total. Fortunately, only on my alt so minimal stress.
#2935 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 1:55:46 PM(UTC)
I have disconnections only when i am leading the board.
Most of the times, were am last, the game runs smoothly.
 1 user liked this post.
#2936 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 3:30:24 AM(UTC)
I was wondering why Forza was not using Fortune Island and Lego for the online adventure games (drift/races), you are only wasting a wonderful resource and bringing in new tracks to the list, at this time most people are quiting ranked/online adv. becouse it is boring to be doing the same tracks over and over again, and btw you could have someone even making some new tracks for this events, and stop using the pre conceived ones, you made some good adition to the game features adding the option to players making their own tracks, make some event that players do tracks for drift and dirt/cc and road races and think of adding those to the online adventures, then making more use of the comunity and the game properties.
Sorry for the english not my native language.
Try to refresh your game a little. That is my 2cents.
 2 users liked this post.
#2937 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 3:45:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ShonasPT Go to Quoted Post
I was wondering why Forza was not using Fortune Island and Lego for the online adventure games (drift/races), you are only wasting a wonderful resource and bringing in new tracks to the list, at this time most people are quiting ranked/online adv. becouse it is boring to be doing the same tracks over and over again, and btw you could have someone even making some new tracks for this events, and stop using the pre conceived ones, you made some good adition to the game features adding the option to players making their own tracks, make some event that players do tracks for drift and dirt/cc and road races and think of adding those to the online adventures, then making more use of the comunity and the game properties.
Sorry for the english not my native language.
Try to refresh your game a little. That is my 2cents.

Doing that would only further divide the player base and result in even fewer people playing.

I don't think people are quitting because it's the same tracks, but for other reasons like the long waits for a race (especially road/street which I believe the majority prefer), flawed scoring system and rammers which go unpunished.
#2938 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 4:51:28 AM(UTC)
If possible, it would make sense to make the Fortune Island and Lego tracks part of ranked. I don’t know how feasible that is though for people who don’t have the DLC. If it was feasible, it would be a very smart move - as it would also encourage those playing ranked to purchase the DLC to practice the tracks.

I don’t see it happening though, as the game is over 2 years old and ranked play simply hasn’t been a focus for them for a long time. I don’t expect any further substantive changes to it.
 1 user liked this post.
#2939 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 6:48:59 AM(UTC)
A quick filter would be an easy solution to implement.
Dirt/Cross/Street/Road checkboxes
Halo franchise has this feature for years now.
#2940 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 2:42:55 PM(UTC)
Am I losing my mind or points in TA counts?
Did few advenntures:
1st - won - 10 people lobby, no one left - +1
2nd - won - 10 people lobby, 2 or 3 people left - +1
3rd - lost - 8 people lobby, 1 person left - -3
4th - won - 8 people lobby, 2 people left - +3
So after summing it up it is +2 points. And this is exactly how many points my rank changed.

EDIT: and another race with 2 people quitting and -2 points that counted.
EDIT2: and another with 3 people quitting and +1 point. So it looks like point counts. To bad that after 6 races I am only +1. But hey, at least it counts :)

Edited by user Thursday, December 3, 2020 3:14:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2941 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 3:48:47 PM(UTC)
Just tried it - doesn’t work for me. Make as much progress as you can!
#2942 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 4:04:30 PM(UTC)
Forget everything I wrote above. I guess I was either in some limbo where points was showing both in ranked adventure screen and leaderboards or I was losing my mind LOL
It is back to "normal", so it counts only points when no one quit. I mean it only counted that +1 point from 1st adventure in post above.

Edited by user Thursday, December 3, 2020 4:06:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2943 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 2:01:55 AM(UTC)
I see that the new features added has nothing to do with ranked, driving, and car culture whatsoever.
Anyways i met with a harse lobby B700 dirt against a tier 4 dirty player called Punisher.
He managed to win by pushing everyone off limits, i dont understant why we have to deal with complete idiots that think this is the proper way of playing this game.
#2944 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 7:43:31 AM(UTC)
Just played my first ranked FFA adventure for four weeks... came up against Sou1Martin who is 24th in the world. Didn't recognise the name or would have skipped it. Only -4 for the loss though.

Won with my main, but the opponents were so weak that I got -1 for the win. Great. (By weak I mean my wins in the 3 races were by 18, 9 and 11 seconds. In the second race I missed a checkpoint through inattention, fell down to 4th, still managed to win easily.)

Edited by user Thursday, December 17, 2020 8:11:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2945 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 9:11:37 AM(UTC)
I’ve played a reasonable amount on my alt this month. Have been disconnected 4 times - at a total cost of 300 points - so have no intention at all of trying any adventures with my main account currently.

Had a great race against Antares - who is League 1 last night - Bac (me) v NSX. He beat me by less than 0.5 seconds in all three races, catching me just before the line each time on the final straight. A good example of how much fun clean racing can be.
 1 user liked this post.
#2946 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 9:25:13 AM(UTC)
I didnt stop playing ranked but I did start up a new account and I nearly made it up to 4900 which would have put me in the 10 spot or just inside the top 10 before the disconnects started up again just like before so I gave up. I just checked and 4878 was my peak. The disconnects came back up and I started dropping like a rock. Would have been nice to keep the name up there but its fine, I made it past 4850 and thats good enough for me.

PG has their priorities on other things, I just hope these same issues wont come up again in the next Horizon game because I certainly wont be spending 5000+ hours on it if they do.

Edit: Jezza was onto me but I didnt wanna confirm nor deny. Sitting here trying to get my qualifier done. 10 straight rooms of 10 or more players and all rooms were road racing. The disparity between road/street, cross country/dirt isnt even close

Edited by user Thursday, December 17, 2020 12:00:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 3 users liked this post.
#2947 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2020 11:02:03 AM(UTC)
I find the online adventure community to be 80% cool, 20% toxic douchebags. I am tired of people intentionally pushing me off the road as I pass them.

This is because the game has rules to enforce clean driving regarding obstacles, and penalizes people for running into walls, but still allows players to run each other off the road with no penalty!!! This is INSANE!!! Running people off the road on purpose in any racing league would get you banned for life, as well as potentially charged with serious criminal offenses such as vehicular assault or attempted murder. Little is more rage inducing in this game than being nudged off the road by some scrub you are passing. Going from 3rd to 12th in a Marathon race because some scrub can't deal with the fact that you are passing them just makes me feel like quitting. If the run-off is bad enough, you can never catch up, and essentially end up losing league points to lesser skilled scrubs because they are dirty players. The other irritating thing is that players can also wall bounce off of your car, slamming you into a wall and causing YOU to get a collision penalty even though you were the person driving cleanly.

If people push someone off the road, they should be stuck in place until 10 seconds after the person they push off gets back on the road. That would reflect the real life seriousness of that type of dirty driving. In the current game world, it is a terrible thing to run into an object, but perfectly OK to attempt to kill other race drivers. Makes no sense. And it is ruining the enjoyment of the game for me because I can't go a single series without someone doing it at least once. Sometimes it happens to me every race in a series.

Please do something about this.

2 users liked this post.
#2948 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2020 12:16:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Quantum JAK Go to Quoted Post
I find the online adventure community to be 80% cool, 20% toxic douchebags. I am tired of people intentionally pushing me off the road as I pass them.

This is because the game has rules to enforce clean driving regarding obstacles, and penalizes people for running into walls, but still allows players to run each other off the road with no penalty!!! This is INSANE!!! Running people off the road on purpose in any racing league would get you banned for life, as well as potentially charged with serious criminal offenses such as vehicular assault or attempted murder. Little is more rage inducing in this game than being nudged off the road by some scrub you are passing. Going from 3rd to 12th in a Marathon race because some scrub can't deal with the fact that you are passing them just makes me feel like quitting. If the run-off is bad enough, you can never catch up, and essentially end up losing league points to lesser skilled scrubs because they are dirty players. The other irritating thing is that players can also wall bounce off of your car, slamming you into a wall and causing YOU to get a collision penalty even though you were the person driving cleanly.

If people push someone off the road, they should be stuck in place until 10 seconds after the person they push off gets back on the road. That would reflect the real life seriousness of that type of dirty driving. In the current game world, it is a terrible thing to run into an object, but perfectly OK to attempt to kill other race drivers. Makes no sense. And it is ruining the enjoyment of the game for me because I can't go a single series without someone doing it at least once. Sometimes it happens to me every race in a series.

Please do something about this.

Subject discussed so many times and you possibly missed the release time of the game with no ghosting, corner bombing etc, online was like not playable at all. For a few months they did some efforts, any collision was leading to slow down for instance and then they started to go back to allowing more collisions. The game staff leader, Mike, if my memory is good, just stated that 'a bit of hits is fun' on live stream to justify allowing being pushed out of a checkpoint without any consequence for the pusher.

Except some few trolls considering 'game is peeeerfect', 'game is soooo grreeeat', most here share the same opinion that the collision management needs improvement. Up to me, any collision lasting more than 0.5s should be ghosted plus if you hit someone from behind and it results in a slow down from the car you hit, you should have the same slowdown. Doesn't fix all cases, for sure, but applying any of the two would be experience changing.

Ramming is the cancer of FH online experience, it was under some control in FH3 but went totally out of control on FH4. Anytime you find someone your level, not ramming, fighting tight for the win, it's like finding gold in a river, and finally having the best experience of FH possible.

All that said, don't expect any improvement on this subject, it wouldn't bring any new buyers. They prefer to invest on new features which does.

4 users liked this post.
#2949 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2020 3:31:18 AM(UTC)
Well said Tilo38. I agree totally. I find it particularly annoying when getting rammed into a wall on purpose by some deadhead it's me that gets penalised and the rammer gets rewarded by moving up a place or two. Tonight I just finished a bit of a purple patch in that I only encountered 2 races in which I was deliberately rammed. But I've given up calling these weeds out as I only get either some weak apology, abuse, or nothing at all. I don't waste my time anymore, and I don't issue tickets to PG as I hear they don't respond. For better or worse I just leave the game or do something else in the game. Its a real shame in my opinion. Having driven real cars on real racetracks that type of behaviour would lead to a lifetime ban, assuming they don't kill someone. It wouldn't be tolerated. I know H4 is just a game, but it's marred by bad behaviour that is rewarded with points scored. It's a real shame.
#2950 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2021 2:47:13 AM(UTC)
I had many events with lag lately. Anyone knows if this affects all players in the race or just some of them?

I ask because i have noticed that some get good lap times even on lagging situations.
119 Pages<<116117118119PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error