118 Pages<<115116117118PrevNext
#2901 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 9:14:52 AM(UTC)
Jezza - what tune for GTR?
I'm currently using Panda, but sometimes I get massive understeer. I remember I was testing other tunes, but I didn't like any of them.
#2902 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 9:38:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Finally reached 4600 points yesterday. And that is where good news ends.

From that point I lost to few lower ranked players. Including defeat to rank 10 that was doing better laptimes than me - we were both in CCGT. He did Collosus in 4:26.

I'm now at 4531 and need to make a break from FFA to recover from that.

EDIT: Did run Hlundh and Nalak on rivals. It was 4:23 and 4:21. Not cleanest runs.
So his 4:26 was not that fast. I guess my performance in that FFA was just bad.

PS. I'm suprised that Hlundh (winter tires and 610KW/1000kg) is slower than Nalak (drag tires and 589KW/1116kg).

Nice new rivals time of 4:18 btw. I tried in the same car and improved 3 seconds to 4:25 but I'd never get near your time.
#2903 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 11:38:06 AM(UTC)
Was using dry rocklxd tune. I think I can still shave some time from that. Did dirty 4:17, so 1-2seconds should be in my range.
However 3/4 or more of my runs was ended at beginning. There where you need to use grass on left side.

Best time with nalak was 4:20 or 4:19, but I would need to do more runs to compare it.
#2904 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 12:02:09 PM(UTC)
I think I am using the same tune. I made a small mistake braking too late at the top of the hill which cost maybe a second. I didn't use the grass on the left method either, I suppose I should do but I try to keep my times comparable to how I would drive in a race, and it's too easy to mess that bit up.
#2905 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 2:37:25 AM(UTC)
Just had an absurdly easy lobby, all blue except one unranked. All very very slow. I feared for how many points I would lose for winning.

I got +7. This game is funny!

Next one, very fast league 5, just beat him, +4.

Edited by user Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:34:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2906 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 12:10:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
From my previous testing, Rocklxd’s tunes are the best for the CCGT.

If the courses have quite a high degree of snow then the Diablo GTR or Elise GT1 should significantly outperform the CCGT.

@Jezza Followed your advice and have to say RockIxd ccgt tunes are quite twitchy and super fast.
Tried the Diablo GTR on snow, much much better compared to the ccgt and the bac.

@FN Had the honor to race against FN yesterday, we were both in Novas A800, he was so much faster and won easily all three events. I was second overall (+10 for me).
At Ambleside Ascent he met with some traffic but even so i was unable to get close.

@tuners Most of the tuning setups are good for one hot lap and the cars are so difficult to drive consistently. Many times i have to come up with my tunes that fit my driving style and can give consistent results. It is that or maybe i should try learn to drive smoother and faster.
#2907 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 1:51:03 PM(UTC)
No worries Baron. Glad the tunes are helping. What are you using for the Nova? I raced you earlier on my alt account (I was using an NSX in A class winter - quite an aggressive lobby).
#2908 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 1:57:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Jezza - what tune for GTR?
I'm currently using Panda, but sometimes I get massive understeer. I remember I was testing other tunes, but I didn't like any of them.

Sorry, missed this. I use Rocklxd’s. Basically, I use Rock for pretty much all S2 wet or winter tunes!

1 user liked this post.
#2909 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 2:03:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BaronTRB Go to Quoted Post
@FN Had the honor to race against FN yesterday, we were both in Novas A800, he was so much faster and won easily all three events. I was second overall (+10 for me).
At Ambleside Ascent he met with some traffic but even so i was unable to get close.

It was good to race you too and I'm glad you got some points! Maybe the tune I had is better, because those times you've put up in S2 rivals lately are quicker than me, and I had a serious try at beating them (I know I just inched past you at Horizon festival sprint but then you took it back again).
#2910 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 2:26:03 PM(UTC)
Hlundh’s astmoor tune for the nova.
The lobby was aggressive indeed.
The alfa tz2 gave me a hard time when i was near it.
 1 user liked this post.
#2911 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:39:59 PM(UTC)
Same one I use (and FN as well I think). Yeah, the TZ2 guy is funny. Happily rams other people but gets very annoyed if anyone rams him back.
#2912 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 12:41:47 PM(UTC)
Anyone else tried playing over the last few hours? Although Xbox live is working, I can't get a single lobby to work, not even unranked. This has happened after a forced Windows update so I hope it's not at my end. My Xbox live network status check passes with flying colours, and NAT is open etc.
#2913 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 1:03:55 PM(UTC)
Same(?)
I can join horizon life, even join a convoy, but it is hard to join online race. No matter if it is trial/CA/TA/FFA. I was able to do one trial and few races in CA, but game crashed several times today (on loading screen, during race, in freeroam, in garage), so not in one game start.
#2914 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 1:13:23 PM(UTC)
Sounds like there are some gremlins at their end then, probably best to avoid ranked for a while even if it does work this evening.

I tried again and it seems to be working normally now, finding lobbies quickly, must have had an outage of some kind earlier. I was hoping to just get another eight points to reach my 4775 target.

It's hard to get those last few points. On 4768 now, just had a win against some greens, leagues 7, 9, 10 beaten but only +0. Would have hoped for at least +1.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 17, 2020 3:41:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2915 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 8:06:11 AM(UTC)
Got to 4769 then just had a loss. Pretty sickening as I should have won it. S1 street, I won the first race with a league 5 in 3rd. Next was Otleydale Dash in heavy rain, I started 11th and last, the league 5 started 3rd. He won, I finished 2nd. Last race I needed to finish ahead of him. Derwent Valley Dash, he starts ahead again, I can't catch up quick enough because some idiot blocks and rams, I end up 2nd, two seconds behind him. -13 (ahead of three league 8s and others.)

I am wary of taking 'big' lobbies but chanced my arm on this one because it takes so damn long to get a match. Well that's what happens I guess.

2 users liked this post.
#2916 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 8:45:28 AM(UTC)
I had an S1 lobby yesterday where I had a close battle with two other highly ranked players on my alt account. We had two really close races where the three of us were more or less neck and neck and some really fair driving. Great fun. Going into race 3, standings were:

1. Me - 36 points
2. 34 points
3. 32 points

I started last (which was relatively fair as I’d had a slight advantage in the first two races). Unfortunately, whilst they both cleared everyone else before ghosting ended, I unghosted just as I would have got up to 3rd. The guy in 3rd then proceeded to block me, ram me into walls and use every dirty trick in the book to stop me getting past and successfully managed to stop me doing so. Outcome was therefore:

1. 50 points
2. 50 points
3 Me 48 points

Had I finished 3rd in the race I’d have “won” overall (we’d all have been on 50 points but Forza rules would have placed me 1st) and gained probably 30 points. Instead I finished 3rd and lost 35, so a 60 plus points swing caused by some cheat who wasn’t even involved in the actual fight.

Fortunately, that was on my alt and I’m not overly bothered about my ranking. However, the fact the game allows such cheats to thrive still annoys me. I should just be able to send a clip of that race off and know that he’ll get some penalty that discourages that driving going forwards but we all know that I’d just get a generic message and nothing would happen.
#2917 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 9:12:53 AM(UTC)
Yep. If it wasn't for me being blocked in the last race I would have had a good chance of winning, and as it was a relatively strong lobby (as I only lost 13 points for losing), I probably would have got the +6 I wanted to reach my goal. Once I reach that goal, I will no longer care about my rank but until I do, I still care.
#2918 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 9:23:44 AM(UTC)
For all people nagging for the point system in Free For all Adventure here is a video of me losing 775 points on one event.

Here you go
 1 user liked this post.
#2919 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 9:30:55 AM(UTC)
Seen that a number of times since the game came out, it is just a scoreboard display bug rather than actually deducting points from your rank though.
 1 user liked this post.
#2920 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 10:09:14 AM(UTC)
I was happy to get tier five (5) for a while!
 1 user liked this post.
#2921 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:16:29 PM(UTC)
Nice driving FN 😉. I would have let you win anyway but you beat me fair and square so a fine way to get to 4775 👏.
 1 user liked this post.
#2922 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:24:39 PM(UTC)
Oh that was you Jezza! Thanks, great racing, I feared the worst when I started the first race last against a league 2 😅
#2923 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:16:32 AM(UTC)
Well here's an interesting thing... is this new? I just qualified for the new series on my main account, won the adventure, went up to 4763 and it came up and said qualified, league 1. If it had been a normal adventure during a series, it would still show me as league 2 at the end of an adventure, for anything up to 4774. I looked in my stats and it now says highest league reached is 1, and the same for the new series rewards. I wonder what it will show on the leaderboard when it updates tomorrow. I won't be playing ranked again until it does, so I can see.

Edited by user Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:17:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2924 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 6:39:41 AM(UTC)
Further to above, looks like the game has credited me with reaching league 1 without needing to get to 4775 then. Maybe it was always like this if you did it on the first adventure of a new series, I don't know.

(I know I am not GM, but that's what the leaderboard says when you get to 4775, for those who may not know that. During a race it will still correctly say league 1 though.)
#2925 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 11:46:22 AM(UTC)
Just tried some ranked team adventure with my secondary, qualified at league 11 previously, then won with nobody quitting on either side but unlike the early stages of FFA when I was getting huge points tallies, I only got +27. So I don't think I'll bother with a quest to level this up to league 1 somehow. It is a nice change from FFA though.

Edited by user Saturday, November 21, 2020 2:37:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

118 Pages<<115116117118PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error