118 Pages<<113114115116117>>PrevNext
#2851 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 3:51:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Is it me or the points are more generous lately?

Maybe yes? I recently moved up from 9 to 8. My recent set of points have been a bit more generous than I had expected, eg getting +3 when I expected a negative number for the top one here.

Key: Race specification, car, <finish position> of <finishers> of <race #1 starters> (and the resulting ranking is the line above this one, so I'm always adding to the top)

S1 Dirt Spring, A33S, 3 of 5 of 8
A800 Street Autumn, Nova, 1 of 3 of 7
A800 Road Autumn, Nova, 3 of 5 of 6
A800 Road Summer, Nova, 2 of 6 of 6
A800 CC Autumn, ZR2, 2 of 6 of 7
A800 CC Autumn, ZR2, 2 of 6 of 6
A800 Street Spring (wet 2 of 3), Z06, 2 of 9 of 11
A800 CC Spring, 2 of 9 of 10 (beat 6 and 7)
S1 Dirt Spring, A33S, 3 of 8 of 9
A800 CC Spring, ZR2, 1 (100!) of 4 of 5
S1 Street Winter, GT '05, 4 of 10 of 11

In other news I was excited to finish 2nd 3 times in a row to @Jezza14 in his A800 Daytona recently. It wasn't close :-) But I got +12 for my effort so I'm not complaining.
#2852 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 10:54:42 AM(UTC)
I think points do seem to be a bit better. There’s definitely some sort of boost when you get unranked players in the race. I think genuinely new players must be overrated in some way. However, I’ve also been getting +0 when I’m expecting -1 quite frequently recently even when it’s all low ranks.

That said, I won 6 adventures in a row yesterday for 2 points and then lost to a very fast League 7 as the game started me last in two of the three races and then someone fired a traffic car into me for good measure in the decider. Lost -13 for that one loss, so 15-20 wins needed to get that back unless I get lucky with a couple of lobbies.

Good to race you by the way Russ! I don’t usually use the Daytona but thought I’d take it for a spin. Were you in a Nova?
#2853 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:32:01 AM(UTC)
Just got +3 for beating a couple of not very fast league 9s. I wouldn't have been surprised to get +0 or even -1. So who knows, the workings of the scoring system remain a bit of a mystery.

Edited by user Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:42:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2854 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 1:27:32 PM(UTC)
You still lose points hand over fist though... just got beaten by a league 7 who was significantly quicker than me, either a new player or smurf, -34.

Found him on the leaderboard, he went up +228 points.

I see he's not new to the game but I'm guessing he is pretty new to ranked.

Next adventure, very easy win and got +11 points... the sort of return you'd normally get for beating a high ranker. Leagues beaten were, in order, unranked, 16, 10, 11, unranked.

Edited by user Thursday, November 5, 2020 2:20:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2855 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 2:39:48 PM(UTC)
See, that’s just bizarre. He went up massively which suggests a new account but, usually, that means you don’t lose too many points as the game hasn’t decided what their “true” rank is. However, -33 points is a heavy loss for finishing 2nd to a League 7.

I started my evening well with a +4 for beating pretty good League 4 and 5 players. Since then i haven’t even seen a green player and have gone 0, 0 and -1 for three nothing wins. Just gave the opposition in the last one a 20 second lead at Marathon and caught the leader by 40%.

Found a League 6 for a couple of adventures so evening adventures now 4, 0, 0, -1, 2 and 1. Typical 1 point average.

Edited by user Thursday, November 5, 2020 3:27:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2856 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 1:59:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

Good to race you by the way Russ! I don’t usually use the Daytona but thought I’d take it for a spin. Were you in a Nova?

I was indeed on a Nova FE. Race 1 was Bamburth Coast Circuit and by lap 3 you were 7 or so seconds ahead and then suddenly for a short while I was leading. I guessed you missed a checkpoint, but you came past again to win (no barging, a sporting pass, like taking candy from a babyI imagine)

I've been using Rivals to test tunes, finding hlundh's 2 popular ones the best so far.

I'm also trying to find a Bubbletop tune that is as fast as the Nova on Road but so far no luck. Most tunes have dirt/snow tyres and don't corner well. OnlyNaps has a road tune that has road tyres but while that accelerates awesomely I'm still slower overall in it than I am in the Nova.

I appreciate tunes aren't the only factor, my driving smoothness etc could use some work. I've recently switched off TCS to encourage/force some improvement :-)
#2857 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 8:18:27 AM(UTC)
Had another big loss! -42 points to a league 3, another rodent family member who rammed me out of a checkpoint so I finished 3rd overall, behind a league 7. (A league 5 was in 4th.)

Edited by user Friday, November 6, 2020 8:19:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2858 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 8:32:06 AM(UTC)
I wish I’d get matched regularly against people of that sort of level (obviously without the ramming - what was the gamertag?). The times I tend to play seem to be pretty bad for finding decent players.

Just so frustrating when you lose like that through no fault of your own.
#2859 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 8:55:05 AM(UTC)
BVB Suchtiii was the name of the gentleman... he was very liberal with the taunts as well, nice driving, LOL etc. afterwards because he knew what he was doing. Oh well.

Had a couple of wins afterwards which has recovered 17 points.

The last adventure was bad for ramming as well, I finished the first race 2nd because of it, then 3rd and had to win the final which I did, from last place. I won by two points, ahead of the rammer from the first race.

Edited by user Friday, November 6, 2020 8:58:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2860 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 1:22:39 PM(UTC)
BVB is always ok when I’ve raced him but I used to convoy in the same group so he may play nice with me. He is (or was) in PR though, and they have a reputation for being, shall we say, aggressive.

First race earlier I ran into a League 2. Sadly for me, he started on the front row and I started on the back row in races 1 and 2. Fun times. 6 points lost - exactly what i got for 6 wins yesterday. Won the next three for a total of 2 points and currently struggling to get a match.

Edit - oh boy, I’ve got 15, 17, 18 and 20 ranked players for opposition. Think those two points I gained back are about to go bye-byes!

Edit 2 - ended the evening just about beating a very fast unranked. Apparently he is actually League 2, so got 5 points for that one. Probably about 10 wins to 1 loss and +8 for the evening.

Edited by user Friday, November 6, 2020 4:55:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2861 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 5:07:11 PM(UTC)
@ Runruss - I’m pretty sure I didn’t miss a CP so not sure what would have happened there! I remember my one excursion with the Daytona this month being blissfully uneventful.

Try Rocklxd’s tune for the Bubbletop. It’s dirt tyres but I use it for wet circuits from time to time and find the handling pretty good. For Summer only, you could also try Breeminator’s drag tyres tune which is pretty fun to drive (and quick).

Definitely keep TCS off - you shouldn’t need it at all for AWD cars and it’s just going to slow you down.
 1 user liked this post.
#2862 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 1:24:35 PM(UTC)
This game utterly hates me. Got back to 4849 points. Three straight zero point wins. Fourth one, I have decent opposition but win the first race easily. Second race is Glenfinnan which I’d forgotten is wet even in Summer - not ideal for my drag tyres Roadster.

Still, I’m sitting in an easy 3rd, knowing I’ll win the last race back on the dry. A traffic car appears just as I get to a checkpoint at about 80% which I can’t avoid and hit it in such a way that it bounces me past the CP. I drop three places and finish 6th, meaning that I’m 4 points off the lead and can’t win if he finishes 2nd (as Forza’s stupid rules mean you lose if you finish level on points if you started the last race behind).

Needless to say, I win the last race. Despite the fact I drove deliberately slowly and continually slowed us both down every corner, no one catches us up and he finishes 2nd. Only -9 but still probably a days races, assuming I don’t get some more Forza luck or actually lose to someone quicker than me. .

Edited by user Saturday, November 7, 2020 1:35:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2863 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:06:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
BVB Suchtiii was the name of the gentleman... he was very liberal with the taunts as well, nice driving, LOL etc. afterwards because he knew what he was doing. Oh well.

The last adventure was bad for ramming as well, I finished the first race 2nd because of it, then 3rd and had to win the final which I did, from last place. I won by two points, ahead of the rammer from the first race.

You drive as Peach Biscuit759?

It was a pleasure to ride in the same race with you. unfortunately you were every time 20-30sec. faster than me. xD

Greetz from a League 12 Driver. :-)

Edited by user Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:29:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2864 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 12:58:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aardvark MS Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

You drive as Peach Biscuit759?

It was a pleasure to ride in the same race with you. unfortunately you were every time 20-30sec. faster than me. xD

Greetz from a League 12 Driver. :-)

Hi Aardvark, yes I remember you were in that ill-fated adventure! And in the next one too. Maybe we'll bump into each other again. I kept the final scoreboards, showing the points loss I took in the first one.

#2865 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 1:04:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
@ Runruss - I’m pretty sure I didn’t miss a CP so not sure what would have happened there! I remember my one excursion with the Daytona this month being blissfully uneventful.

Ah, you're right, I mis-remembered who it was - It was actually when I was starstruck in the same adventure as GreetedDust8 (he has some good tunes I've used). He was in the Nova, I was in Alfa TZ2

Thanks for the tuner tips, I'll give them a whirl.
#2866 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 7:47:49 AM(UTC)
This game.. Back up to 4848 - beat League 6 +0, beat another League 6 +0. I can see where this is going...

Edit - got a League 4 in the next one and +3, so just took me 160 adventures to recover from the disconnect at the start of the month 😅. Had to beat two speed hackers - one last night and one this morning as well, so has been tough work.

Edited by user Sunday, November 8, 2020 8:13:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2867 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 1:43:09 PM(UTC)
I've had trouble getting suitable matches. None yesterday and just one today in which I was unfortunate to meet a very fast unranked player who was also a rammer, which I lost and got -12. I'm back down at 4702 at the moment.

Edited by user Sunday, November 8, 2020 1:43:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2868 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 2:42:08 PM(UTC)
Just had two wins... one was very easy, won each race at a canter, best was a league 7 who finished last. +7

Next I came 3rd in the first race behind a league 6 and league 11 (!) who were both very fast, next two I won by the skin of my teeth, white knuckle stuff. +6

#2869 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2020 5:06:07 PM(UTC)
I was quiet lucky lately.
Finally managed to go past 4500. Currently around 4560.
Did won against cjdimes in Aclass road event. But I was using Typhoon and he was using MX5 NA, so it was almost like cheating?
Was very lucky in Aclass dirt lobby. There was rank 6 faster than me. We were both in APs. Fortunately for me he was making mistakes, so adventure ended up 3-2 in wins for me.
#2870 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 3:34:01 AM(UTC)
Won 3 adventures for +11 points this morning, strangely they were all street races with the same courses... Coastal Charge, Lakehurst Rush and Rail Yard Express.

Then just got disconnected in the middle of a race while leading another street adventure. It doesn't seem to have deducted any points though.
#2871 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 3:48:56 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I got dced yesterday without any points loss as well. Doesn’t feel the servers are that stable currently.

Coastal Charge is probably my least favourite street race. It’s quite hard to distance people before that left hander across the grass and i quite often get punted there (or slowed down and then punted by the bridge). More high risk than most courses if you are unlucky enough to get some bad drivers.
#2872 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 4:03:10 AM(UTC)
Well that was a rollercoaster of feelings.
S1 street scene with Marathon as last race. Weapon of choice: 95 Vette. Lobby: 6 players, highest rank 11, 2 unranked.
1st race: was lucky on first corner (or maybe skillled enough to avoid traffic?), easy win.
2nd race: easy win, 10 points lead, highway to adventiure win.
3rd race: GT40 overtook me at Festival and on exit from Festival I did bump into him, so he went off track. I waited for him to recover, 2 other cars catched up. Overtook GT40 at Broadway and was leading until windmills. Later there is that part in woods.
This is the place where things start to go bad.
Catched bit of grass on corner near checkpoint. Started braking heavily to get into CP. It looked like I was good so started accelerating and yep, I missed it. Tried to use rewind, but ended up in limbo where I'm on grass and going to miss it again. After 1st rewind GT40 already overtook me. Finally managed to get that CP after 3rd try, but at this point 2 other cars was in front of me. Was losing my mind at this point. Well ok, i'm exaggerating my state, but you get the idea. Fortunately for me I needed only 3rd to win adventure, so I started my chase. Managed to get into 2nd place after bridge, so overall finished 1st.
Well, what a relief. I'm sitting happy, points screen pops up. -1 point. LOL.
I'm not even mad at this point.

PS. I liked this 95 Vette. Can't tell how quick it is compared to good driver in good car. Was using Grandma tune, so more grippy one. Skajdrovski have tune with rally tires, but it was to sensitive for me.
PS2. I get a lot of street scene too. This is the new S1 CC :P
#2873 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 4:06:09 AM(UTC)
Yeah I don't like Coastal Charge either. I could have lost one race today, I was in the lead but a fast Huracan overtook me just before the bridge, but he was going too fast and hit it. (The NSX was faster but I always drive a bit circumspectly on Coastal Charge and play the percentages, better to be a bit slower than hit something.)

I used to always avoid it, but I do it now if there aren't more than say 6-8 people in the lobby. I don't usually do any worse there on average than most other street courses, where traffic particularly can rob you of a win, which is what happened to me in the last adventure on Lakehurst Rush, meaning I had to win the final race. I hit a car which popped into view over the brow of a hill and then a van was in precisely the wrong place when I recovered. I caught him up and finished on his tail but too late to win.

And then the fast player I needed to beat at Rail Yard Express, started 1st and I started last (only 6th though - the smaller lobbies helps so much). I got into the lead at the first right turn and despite a bit of argy-bargy ramming attempts later on, managed to win. Would have been an easy adventure win but for the traffic in the previous race.

Edited by user Monday, November 9, 2020 4:12:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2874 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 5:20:28 AM(UTC)
And now a 56-52 point loss to a fast league 4 for -33. Sigh.

Another street adventure where I needed to win the final race, started last again, this time I couldn't catch him as he made no mistakes and the traffic was favourable to him (very little of it at all).

Edited by user Monday, November 9, 2020 5:22:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2875 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 8:15:48 AM(UTC)
Yeah, agree Zip. A lot of street events seem to be coming up currently. I’ve been getting some hilariously bad luck with traffic. Seems currently that every time someone hits a car in front of me near the start, they manage to fire it into me. I was using the Bac yesterday and got brought to a complete standstill by a car flying across the road to end right in front of me, dropping me to last. Fortunately, my main competitor also encountered problems and I was able to scythe through the field and still win but the random luck element is not fun in short championships with heavy penalties for losses!
118 Pages<<113114115116117>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error