118 Pages<<112113114115116>>PrevNext
Rank: Driver's Permit
#2826 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 12:03:57 PM(UTC)
Please, for the love of god or whatever deity you pray to, Fix ranked and unranked racing IN FH4. Create lobbies where you can choose the class of car you want to drive and the type of racing event ( street, dirt, road, etc.). Take Out Free roam rush from the events and make that its own game type, so people get to choose if they want to play that. Simple

Look no one that I know, really wants to take a car tuned for a street and be forced to offraod with it.. Why is this a thing? Is this a troll? Im forced to believe that some dev or devs find this highly amusing and thus here we are. Please change this, youve had your laugh, this is ruining the multiplayer experience for most.

I understand that if you do this change your player base of Forza 7 may be reduced more,... but so what,. youve put forza 7 on the game pass now so ?? And lets keep it 100% real, Forza 7 feels boxy, youre confined to menu screens which after forza horizon 4 is nearly intolerable.

Look just blend the 2 games. Yeah you lose the ability to push 2 seperate products to the masses, but you save on the overhead of producing 2 seperate products AND you build a more complete and complex gaming experience.

Now, back to that last point, I get it, you blending the 2 games to make 1 will never happen, one is arcade the other is sim. I Get it. but, if you just simply implemented a few changes to both titles, i.e. game type lobbies for fh4 ranked and unranked, Free roam movement of some type for fh7....

Overall I would believe this change would make your community happier and grows it in the end. Just a thought. Hopefully not a pipe dream. :)
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2827 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 3:57:15 PM(UTC)
Just had a great win against some high ranks and got +17... then in the very next A class adventure I lost to a league 5 in what might as well have been an S2 speed Atomic Punk (I assume it was drag tyres or something) and got exactly -17... easy come (or not), easy go.

Edited by user Sunday, October 25, 2020 3:57:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2828 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 12:52:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: G3MSapphir3 Go to Quoted Post
Please, for the love of god or whatever deity you pray to, Fix ranked and unranked racing IN FH4. Create lobbies where you can choose the class of car you want to drive and the type of racing event ( street, dirt, road, etc.). Take Out Free roam rush from the events and make that its own game type, so people get to choose if they want to play that. Simple

Look no one that I know, really wants to take a car tuned for a street and be forced to offraod with it.. Why is this a thing? Is this a troll? Im forced to believe that some dev or devs find this highly amusing and thus here we are. Please change this, youve had your laugh, this is ruining the multiplayer experience for most.


They took free roam rush out of road and street adventures a long time ago, after widespread complaints.

The biggest troll now is that apparently some dev or devs is upset that they had to do that, so they trolled us by making sure that the vast majority of ranked adventures are cross country or dirt, the race types most people don't want to play.

Actually come to think of it, the really biggest troll is the way the points system works. As I've just lost a vast number of points again for losing to extremely fast players (apparently this makes me a bad man and I must be punished).

The trouble is that the ranking system was developed at 4.55pm on a Friday afternoon and took five minutes before they knocked off and went to the pub. (Whether literally or figuratively.)

Edited by user Monday, October 26, 2020 5:17:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#2829 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 4:33:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: G3MSapphir3 Go to Quoted Post
Please, for the love of god or whatever deity you pray to, Fix ranked and unranked racing IN FH4. Create lobbies where you can choose the class of car you want to drive and the type of racing event ( street, dirt, road, etc.). Take Out Free roam rush from the events and make that its own game type, so people get to choose if they want to play that. Simple

Look no one that I know, really wants to take a car tuned for a street and be forced to offraod with it.. Why is this a thing? Is this a troll? Im forced to believe that some dev or devs find this highly amusing and thus here we are. Please change this, youve had your laugh, this is ruining the multiplayer experience for most.

I understand that if you do this change your player base of Forza 7 may be reduced more,... but so what,. youve put forza 7 on the game pass now so ?? And lets keep it 100% real, Forza 7 feels boxy, youre confined to menu screens which after forza horizon 4 is nearly intolerable.

Look just blend the 2 games. Yeah you lose the ability to push 2 seperate products to the masses, but you save on the overhead of producing 2 seperate products AND you build a more complete and complex gaming experience.

Now, back to that last point, I get it, you blending the 2 games to make 1 will never happen, one is arcade the other is sim. I Get it. but, if you just simply implemented a few changes to both titles, i.e. game type lobbies for fh4 ranked and unranked, Free roam movement of some type for fh7....

Overall I would believe this change would make your community happier and grows it in the end. Just a thought. Hopefully not a pipe dream. :)


But why would you want lobbies? Aimlessly driving around in the world while you wait + having no idea who you're being put against is way more fun!

Lobbies are simple and effective, that's why FH4 will never get them.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2830 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 8:45:22 AM(UTC)
Just encountered a weird glitch, has anyone seen this before? At Rail Yard Express, it looked like one driver took a detour across country to jump forward and cut out a large part of the course. Did this actually happen or is it just some weird network issue which makes it appear like it did? Anyway I was stressing that I was going to lose because the lobby was very weak and it would have demolished my score, but later it returned to normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nXSJtrzeLo

Watch the scoreboard from 28 seconds and again at 40 seconds.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 27, 2020 8:48:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2831 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 4:29:55 AM(UTC)
FFA really is like a game of snakes & ladders where you can only ever roll one on your dice. Id crawled back up to 4812 at a rate of about 1 point per win. I then lost one yesterday to a League 3 in frustrating fashion. We split the first two races in identical cars - I was faster on Greendale and he was faster on Bamburgh. The last race was Lake District. Obviously he started first and I started last. Nevertheless, I’d caught and overtaken him by the end of the fast section before the village. He then (entirely accidentally in fairness) nudged me slightly on the slow right corner which was sufficient to just send me around a CP and no chance of recovering against someone good from there. -8 points and down that snake I go again.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#2832 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 4:36:35 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged to keep discussion together - MM]

Forza ranked team adventure has become a joke

Every race I play there are people quitting as early as the first race rendering the points system useless. Many times these are higher ranked players that don't want to lose their status. Without fixing this system and punishing players for quitting, its going to be impossible for lower ranked players to gain rank.

Pretty upsetting because Forza Horizon 4 is still relevant and a lot of fun. Really ashamed the developers have given up on fixing this glaring bug.

Edited by user Friday, October 30, 2020 8:52:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2833 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 4:08:37 AM(UTC)
Nine wins and I have recouped the 39 points I lost yesterday to rammers. Just had a very challenging S2 street adventure where a league 7 and 10 were quick, and I had some bad luck with traffic placement. It's a miracle I didn't lose. I won the adventure with only one race win which rarely happens. The other two shared a win apiece. I got +6 to put me back to 4682 but if I'd lost, well... another -39 probably.

Edited by user Saturday, October 31, 2020 4:42:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#2834 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 5:38:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
The tune is '59.285 Astmoor' by HLundh if you're interested.


Followed your advice and i confirm that this tune is excellent. I really enjoy the mild oversteering of the setup. It comes with stock brakes so you have to brake early. I managed to go under 1 minute at astmoor (not a clean lap) where i was always over 1 min with my setups.

I have noticed some strange results (a bug maybe?) on some tuning options.
When upgrading the transmission of the merc x-class the acceleration stats decrease, and so does the overall lapping performance. Any ideas why is that?

Edited by user Sunday, November 1, 2020 5:44:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2835 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 6:37:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BaronTRB Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
The tune is '59.285 Astmoor' by HLundh if you're interested.


Followed your advice and i confirm that this tune is excellent. I really enjoy the mild oversteering of the setup. It comes with stock brakes so you have to brake early. I managed to go under 1 minute at astmoor (not a clean lap) where i was always over 1 min with my setups.

I have noticed some strange results (a bug maybe?) on some tuning options.
When upgrading the transmission of the merc x-class the acceleration stats decrease, and so does the overall lapping performance. Any ideas why is that?


Nice, I just tried a few laps and just slightly beat your clean time, 1:00.615 in 313th place (as PeachBiscuit759). I don't think I could ever get it under a minute clean, I couldn't even do it in the Roadster (though that car can certainly do it).

I find the understeer of the Nova frustrating at times but it's the price you pay for something which is relatively easy to drive and fast enough to be competitive most of the time, it's a good 'one size fits all' car for all A class tracks and conditions. (I find it best to avoid some tracks though like festival circuit or Ambleside village circuit.)

No idea about the Merc tuning but hopefully Rayne or one of the other tuning experts will see your post!

Edited by user Sunday, November 1, 2020 6:39:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2836 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 9:31:57 AM(UTC)
I think I am jinxed in this game... whenever I get within touching distance of 4750 this sort of thing happens... he was way too fast for me. But the game punishes me like I lost to a novice or something.





Funnily enough his stats aren't even that impressive, 41-31. But he was very fast here at S2 autumn road (three sprints) and made no mistakes. I guess on another day I could beat him but today isn't that day.

edit - hmm I did beat him the other day in fact. I guess he just upped his game today.

Edited by user Sunday, November 1, 2020 9:57:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2837 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 11:15:30 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure if I just encountered a speed cheater, at S1 road he was in a Nissan GTR '17 and he seemed to have huge bursts of acceleration, I don't know if there is a legit tune like that. He was league 10, in the first race I won but he finished ahead of a very quick league 7 in a Honda NSX '92 like me. Second race he came second as he had acceleration which left me for dead at times (I was 3rd). Third sprint race I won, looked like he made a mistake somewhere.

He only did a 59 second lap at Lakehurst Copse which isn't suspicious per se but that was driving erratically and hitting things, and I'm not aware that car is any good competitively. (The other NSX and I did best laps of just over a minute.)

Edited by user Sunday, November 1, 2020 12:11:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2838 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 1:38:17 PM(UTC)
I beat that League 4 for 0 points earlier, which was nice. Also just got -1 for beating a League 6. Scoring in this game really is hilarious.

Also had an adventure earlier when I was last going into the last race and won - only four players but still first time I can recall that! Got 7 points for beating a League 3 and two League 4s!

Edited by user Sunday, November 1, 2020 3:41:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2839 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 2:01:46 AM(UTC)
I just got +0 for beating a league 6, I can't remember getting such a low return before. He wasn't very fast though, was beaten into 3rd by a league 12 who wasn't very fast either.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2840 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 6:25:12 AM(UTC)
Great success... 😅

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#2841 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 6:47:21 AM(UTC)
Great work FN 👍.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#2842 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 4:54:14 PM(UTC)
First post in any Forza forum - hi! Nice to see some active people in FFA discussion. For all the flaws, I find the these races are very fun regardless of rank scoring outcomes, keeps me coming back anyway.

Speaking of scoring though... I had to post something - I just got BURNT for -60 (MINUS SIXTY!) because of a disconnect. Had to get out a calculator. Thought they had fixed this kind of thing when they made some other good tweaks recently, where it could now detect a disconnect vs quit. I did honestly have a couple previous disconnects result in no points lost.

Has anyone else been burnt that bad? lol
Has anyone also not lost points from a disconnect?


Long version:
I had 80 championship points after freeroam #2 in B class against some closely ranked players. Made it extra painful!

Longer version:
Had a good Series 27, finally getting up to Rank 5 the first time, using my own tunes (since rank 7/8ish anyway). Spent a lot of time in rivals before Series 28, working on some non-meta tunes, then got blown to bits when I made some poor car choices (weather related). I had already lost 62 before I lost these additional 60. Back down to rank 6 for me! Green ranks have less pressure... I've now made up 33 of those points since starting to write this post in between races.

If anyone wants to hitch up a convoy in Unranked to prove some tunes against weather + competition, hit me up. Some good drivers in there sometimes.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2843 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 3:52:08 AM(UTC)
Yep, 60 points lost for a disconnection is fairly standard. Very irritating. I think you usually only get away with no points loss if everyone in the lobby gets disconnected but it’s not entirely clear.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2844 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 10:49:59 AM(UTC)
Got a disconnect but have survived the next race after without losing points. Fingers crossed it’s ok. Not going to risk any more FFA for a while though, as that was very soon after this new update.

If you haven’t already, suggest adding Cularis (probably some numbers after his name but unusual enough) to your blacklist FN. Annoying League 9 rammer, just fast enough to be irritating if he starts ahead of you. Fortunately I was in a Nova so his attempts to ram me it’s stop me overtaking weren’t overly successful and I lost patience and put him into a wall in the end.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2845 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 11:03:59 AM(UTC)
Will add! I have a few like that on my list. I sometimes write notes for those who I am faster than, but who are rammers - ie. I might elect to play them if it's a small lobby of six if I feel I can outrun them, so their shenanigans are irrelevant.

(Might seem sad having a dossier of players but seriously... anything that gives you an edge goes a long way.)
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2846 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 11:34:38 AM(UTC)
btw, I uploaded a video of someone I suspected of cheating but I don't know if they are or not. I'll be avoiding them anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bkxc8-talg

I also compiled some of my elite pro driving skills... very impressive stuff here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akirRIlG9SA

(it's some of my comedy unforced errors)
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#2847 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 1:30:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
btw, I uploaded a video of someone I suspected of cheating but I don't know if they are or not. I'll be avoiding them anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bkxc8-talg



Looks like the speed hack for PC to me - most evident in final lap when the chips are down, from 2:30 on. Quote from the hack forum says it all: "While I understand your point of view, this is a hacking forum so critism isn't really suited for here." Along with the ramming or any other cheat for that matte, I'll never understand why that is considered fun. Is it so hard to improve at actual racing?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2848 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:10:05 PM(UTC)
Just got my main account to 4750 as well with a very fortunate win over a very fast league 4, which gave me +9 points. I've had a ton of good luck this series and am 83-7 overall. Now it would be nice if I could extend my luck to get up to 4775 on one or both...
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#2849 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 11:38:15 PM(UTC)
Is it me or the points are more generous lately?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2850 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 2:28:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Is it me or the points are more generous lately?


I don't think so, but there was one result which was generous. Here are a few of my recent results. Bear in mind it can vary a fair bit how many points you get for beating a particular rank.

Best league of player beaten and points earned:

4, +9
10, +0
6, +3
6 (and 7, 7, 7), +9 <------ this one did make me wonder. Does it give more points for beating more players?
9, +0
10, +0
7 (and 8), +6
10, +0
6 (and 8), +4
7 (and 8, 8, 9), +5

So..... seems the same I think.

Edited by user Thursday, November 5, 2020 2:29:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

118 Pages<<112113114115116>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error