118 Pages<<111112113114115>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#2801 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 5:24:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BaronTRB Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Jessa, spot ....

Jezza, I can't unsee it. From this point you are Jessica age 14 :P
#2802 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 10:17:55 AM(UTC)
nm

Edited by user Monday, October 19, 2020 10:20:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2803 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 11:26:55 PM(UTC)
let me rephrase that Jezza....
#2804 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 4:23:13 AM(UTC)
Just had two photo finishes in succession...

https://imgur.com/a/VwdKZbY

At Ashbrook Apex I had a decent lead but he really caught up fast. I turned into the final corner just before him and fully expected to win but he powered past me and just overtook me at the very end. I guess the Atomic Punk is quicker than I thought. Then the final race at Highland Charge I started behind him, caught up at the end but too late to pass.

Afterwards I realised he was on my blacklist but I hadn't noticed. I'd made the note that I'd beaten him at A class but only just (so I wouldn't want to take my chances again). Good call...

So this loss by the tightest of margins cost me 23 points.
#2805 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 7:30:53 AM(UTC)
Your Nova is so low! It is like the suspension has failed.
 1 user liked this post.
#2806 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 8:12:13 AM(UTC)
The tune is '59.285 Astmoor' by HLundh if you're interested, it's usually very competitive but I didn't get the best out of it on this occasion!

I've recouped 21 of the 23 points lost with four more wins anyway.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 20, 2020 8:15:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2807 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:35:11 AM(UTC)
Just had a weird bug in ranked FFA which I don't remember seeing before. I won an adventure against a league 7 (so winning some points would be guaranteed). The final points scoreboard came up, then the podium, but then it just went straight to the screen showing credits being awarded - it never showed the ranking points gained. The ranked page and leaderboard both showed the previous rank. Anyway I restarted the game and found I'd got +5. But I don't think this has ever happened before.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 20, 2020 11:56:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2808 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 11:08:30 AM(UTC)
Well... don't alt+tab when you wanna skip adventure. Apparently that counts as doing something :(
Was put in S1 dirt with Gauntlet at the end in stock Hoonigan Focus PI886. 9 people lobby - two 33s, two Mustang DD, but highest rank was 9.
First race finished 3rd. Freeroam rush finished 1st, don't know how I did it or maybe how they managed to not win it. So it was looking quite winable, but then I was disconnected :(
TBH i'm suprised with that DC. Was playing for like 2+ hours and there was no problem with it. Neither in freeroam, RTA or CA.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention. Stock Hoonigan Focus top speed is around 220km/h, so I really don't know how could I won that freeroam rush.

Also did another adventure. +6 points. Will do some more to see if there is delay in penalty.

EDIT2:
Did two more adventures.
First won easily for +5.
Second was A-class street scene with lobby full of Nova's. TZ2's, AP's and Daytona. Players rank 7-13. Very unlucky last straight in 2nd race - Nova on left, AP on right, me in the middle and oncoming traffic, with no place to escape. In 3rd was pushed into building - partially my fault.
Finished 2nd to rank 8. Got -20 points for this, so can't tell if there was penalty added fot that DC or not.

Worst part is that I was 2 points from 4500 :(

Edited by user Tuesday, October 20, 2020 12:13:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2809 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 11:53:56 PM(UTC)

This is what i am up against to. Last night adventure.

These guys are so fast that they miss their checkpoints and still catch up. Dont need to mention the freeroam rush disadvantage.
When they start ramming they all aim for the guy in green, so i guess the random start puts me last to protect me.
#2810 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 12:17:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
EDIT2:
Did two more adventures.
First won easily for +5.
Second was A-class street scene with lobby full of Nova's. TZ2's, AP's and Daytona. Players rank 7-13. Very unlucky last straight in 2nd race - Nova on left, AP on right, me in the middle and oncoming traffic, with no place to escape. In 3rd was pushed into building - partially my fault.
Finished 2nd to rank 8. Got -20 points for this, so can't tell if there was penalty added fot that DC or not.

Worst part is that I was 2 points from 4500 :(

I doubt the DC was included in the -20, that's the sort of loss which is normal for losing to a league 8.
 1 user liked this post.
#2811 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 12:20:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BaronTRB Go to Quoted Post

This is what i am up against to. Last night adventure.

These guys are so fast that they miss their checkpoints and still catch up. Dont need to mention the freeroam rush disadvantage.
When they start ramming they all aim for the guy in green, so i guess the random start puts me last to protect me.

Maybe you would be better to skip cross country and dirt lobbies, if you feel you can't compete with DLC cars you don't have access to.
#2812 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:28:31 AM(UTC)
Just had this win and was amazed to get +23 points for it. I see GOExxxxxx got +16.

Edited by user Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:31:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2813 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:36:15 AM(UTC)
I’ve flagged before that when there are all unranked players, it seems to give you disproportionate points (in my cases like +3 but still the equivalent of beating a League 2/3). I’ve not seen that scenario though, where you have a ranked player and both of you get big points for beating someone unranked.
#2814 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:40:27 AM(UTC)
I tried to find ChelvisLP on the leaderboard to see if he was a high ranker but he doesn't seem to be. At least if he was GM or league 1 it might have made some sort of sense. He was slow in the races too, 24 seconds off the pace in the first race, 9 seconds in the 2nd, 5 seconds in the 3rd.

#2815 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 1:21:04 PM(UTC)
Ouch - just did my qualifying race and lost to an extremely quick league 11. -16 points. Obviously started behind him in races 1 and 2. Won race 3 fairly easily. That will take a while to recover!

Tried a second one and ran into a speed hacker. Funny stuff. How do I report him? Not that it will do anything of course.

Edited by user Thursday, October 22, 2020 1:43:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2816 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 1:45:13 PM(UTC)
You can report people here Jezza, for what it's worth (debatable):

https://support.forzamot...et/hc/en-us/requests/new

Did the game give you your GM hat and stuff this time?!
#2817 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:04:56 PM(UTC)
He’ll get reported anyway as he’s top of the monthly rivals with an obvious speed hacked time. Won’t get me my points back but fortunately it was only 5. 21 points lost in total in two adventures though. That’s a lot of wins 😅.

I’m not checking until the season sorts itself out in a day or so and the rankings get updated properly. I doubt it though!
#2818 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 2:17:37 AM(UTC)
Even ignoring the well known problem with points in TA I found out first hand why a lot of people wouldn't bother.

Changed to doing it for the monthly playlist completion with it having the potential to only be 2 races, so S1 Winter Road in the '92 NSX, me + a League 5 posted 1-2's in all 3 races (Derwent Reservoir and Ambleside Sprints + Wind Farm Circuit) but we only just won 2-1 with 150pts difference in the last race, had a league 10 in our team who wasn't great but at least scored ok in every race, the other half of our team though all in 900PI cars somehow managed to all lose twice to an 881 Trailcat.

I can see why so many chose to play with a select group only when it was the best option pre FFA, playing with randoms makes it exactly like the trial where you can end up with nothing through no fault of your own.
#2819 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 3:35:57 AM(UTC)
I have got the GM hat etc this time, so that’s good news. Given that, I won’t worry too much that my third attempt at an adventure this month resulted in a disconnect, in race 3 when I’d already won. That’s one defeat to a GM pace League 11, one loss to a speed hacker and one disconnect. Going well this month! Won my 4th race but lost circa 50 points for the disconnect. 70 points lost in 3 adventures.

Edited by user Saturday, October 24, 2020 3:37:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2820 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 3:56:43 AM(UTC)
Congrats on getting GM properly recognised and rewarded by the game, unlucky on the misfortune!

Does seem like the disconnection gremlins are back, I was cut off while the first race was loading yesterday, but thankfully wasn't deducted any points - big relief. Will try and get one of my accounts over the 4750 line at least this month, if I can.
#2821 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 4:26:22 AM(UTC)
Just lost 19 points to a league 6. First race my lap times are streets ahead so it seems there's no problem. (These are all spring times in the wet.)

Then suddenly for the second race he is fast.

Third race was Horizon sprint in heavy rain, he started ahead of me and won.

He's up to league 5 now, 31-6. It's just a bit unusual to see someone so much off the pace in the first race suddenly improve so much for the next two. He was 2nd behind me in the whole first race so it isn't like he was held up by traffic.

Edited by user Saturday, October 24, 2020 6:11:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2822 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 12:28:10 PM(UTC)
Yeah, I think I’m done with FFA. Recovered 20 or so points but then just lost to a League 2 who was probably equal pace to me but nudged me into a breakable wall when I had the speed to pass him on race 2 and rear-ended me to get past me on race 3. Only cost me -5 but it just isn’t worth the time.
#2823 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 5:56:47 AM(UTC)
Another disconnection... won the first two races then cut off a second after the scoreboard appeared. Doesn't seem to have affected my score or stats (4-1). Was a weak lobby with best of league 10s so would have only got +0 for winning anyway probably.

But how about sorting out the servers or netcode... I bet a trillion dollar company could find the money for this if they wanted to, you know.

Edited by user Sunday, October 25, 2020 5:57:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2824 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 9:42:19 AM(UTC)
Well, I’ve now covered the points I lost in races (including those for losing to the speed hacker). Just the 50 disconnection points still to go...

Edited by user Sunday, October 25, 2020 9:59:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2825 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 11:01:29 AM(UTC)
Had a few wins for meagre points as usual, and then this happened... met some of the worst collection of rammers you've ever seen. And some fast under-ranked players too. Add in low starting positions and this was the result.

118 Pages<<111112113114115>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error