114 Pages<<109110111112113>>PrevNext
#2751 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 5:52:52 AM(UTC)
Well I did meet a very fast under-ranked player again just now, I started at the back in the first and third races and needed to win the final or I would have lost a ton of points. Thanks to a miracle, he made a minor error on one of the final corners and I got past (ghosted through) and squeaked a win for +39 (league 7).

So this is me today so far...

2nd, -72. Lost to league 10 Sajtmanu s who was extremely fast. Down to league 4. 4193
1st, +39. Beat league 6. 4232
1st, +12. Beat league 10. 4244
1st, +39. Beat very fast league 7 Nemanikovaki. Back to league 3. 4283
1st, +21. Beat league 6. 4304
1st, +32. Beat league 6. 4336
1st, +9. Beat league 11. 4345
1st, +3. Beat league 11. 4348
1st, +15. Beat league 8. 4363
1st, +10. Beat league 9. 4373
1st, +2. Beat unranked and league 12. 4375
1st, +18. Beat league 7. 4393
1st, +9. Beat very fast under-ranked league 9 LetsPaddl. 4402 (41-6) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaL2-KPS7ZI (was very fortunate to win this)

edit - looks like the easy points are drying up now. Back to the grind.

Edited by user Sunday, September 27, 2020 9:46:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2752 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 4:38:53 AM(UTC)
Today... it looks like progress has stalled to the point where I might just as well be using my main account?

1st, +3. Beat league 12. 4405
2nd, -27. Lost to league 3 [nüts] videoton49 (bad start positions didn't help here). 4378
1st, +1. Beat league 12. 4379 (43-7)

So that's after 50 adventures on a new account, it seems to be behaving much the same as my mature account with stats of 406-503.

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2020 4:44:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2753 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 4:48:43 AM(UTC)
You probably will still get more for beating decent players (not League 12) but, yeah, looks like it’s starting to become less volatile. Probably makes sense after 50 or so adventures.
#2754 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 5:22:40 AM(UTC)
There was a league 9 but he left at the end of the 2nd race. If I'm getting +1 for beating a 12 at league 3, it would probably be +0 at league 2 which is basically where my main account is at. I still get a fair number of points on that if I beat a decently ranked player after all. Well it was an interesting experiment and fun to try it.

edit - first adventure today on main account, beat leagues 4 and 5, +16. So that's a pretty generous points award for a mature account.

Just had a nice win on the secondary account against league 2 MadMaxPolska for +45 points, he wasn't using a meta car (Nissan Pulsar at A class road).

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2020 9:50:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2755 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 7:30:13 AM(UTC)
On a 15 winning streak on the secondary account and up to league 2 now after 57 wins total (and 7 losses).
 1 user liked this post.
#2756 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 9:41:19 AM(UTC)
Nice FN - good progress 👍
#2757 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 11:42:17 AM(UTC)
My report since start of this series:

RTA (played not in convoy) = 11/1
That one defeat is from rage quit/opponents not worthy my points :P One of them was pushing me off the road.
Gained +6 points from 3 races, so more then for last few months LOL
Most memorable was win against highly ranked convoy which started as 6vs3 and one person left immediately. In second race next person left, so it was 6vs1, so I needed to be only 3rd to win that. To be fair I only did won 1st race because they made mistakes.
@convoys - After "quick matchmaking update" almost every time I see 11 or 12 people up top there will be at least one convoy. So for person that is playing alone it is great experience :P

FFA = 7/0
I did have a small break from FFA, was hoping it will help with points, but I wouldn't say there was any difference. Maybe break was to short?
Gained some points, probably around 20. There was some +9 for beating rank 4 and some +6 in other.
I only remember last two races.
First was S1 dirt with Gauntlet as last race. 7 people starting, 4 finished. All of them max rank 10. Win for -2points
Second was A street scene. 9 players starting, 7 or 8 finished. One very fast Nova and TZ2. Can't remember rank or names. Win for 0 points.
Is NSX-R any good for A class? Nova and TZ2 was beating me on acceleration.

PS. There really should be some extra button to force reset of the car. Or maybe I am unlucky with my landing on roof of the car? It happened few times since the "reset update", but that one from yesterday....it felt as if I lay there forever. At first I thought that rewind wouldn't help me and then it was to late to use it.
PS2. I hate Highland Charge. Is this track hard? Somehow I almost always make mistakes on this track, no matter what class or weather.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2020 12:02:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2758 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 12:23:20 PM(UTC)
Cheers Jezza. Zip, the NSX-R is good for A class although I don't think it's as good as the Nova or probably the TZ2 either. Highland Charge is a track I'm comfortable with, one of the better and more forgiving street courses I'd say.

I see you haven't done any Highland Charge times in in rivals, maybe that would be a good way to get more happy with the course.

I'm on a 20 winning streak now, +102 from 13 wins for the day, approaching the same rank as my main account (albeit which is ~100 shy of its best).

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2020 2:06:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2759 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 10:58:41 AM(UTC)
i got to level 5 gold finally gold....lost it got it back lost it got it back lost it got it back so on for a week....

but for the past 4 days or so i have been 5 going up slowly in level 5

Edited by user Saturday, October 3, 2020 10:59:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2760 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 1:10:43 PM(UTC)
I've been on a 46 winning streak which has just been ended by a very quick league 7, but only because I made a bad mistake near the end of Meadows Sprint while leading which gifted him the lead.

For this transgression I was given -42 points which off the top of my head is my harshest points loss for 2nd place yet? It's pretty bad, suffice to say.

That's on my secondary account, I was approaching my main account personal best rank until this happened.

My overall stats for this secondary account now are 88-8.

Edited by user Saturday, October 3, 2020 2:23:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2761 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 11:36:52 PM(UTC)
forza team that made the game and or so on....

i want one thing

i want you to remove every ? from every online adventure race drift what not....it iz what iz hurting the system and or any system

i cant see

and i am driving <__<

i want to see every type of race i enter

and

in the future....if you could see who entered and or what they choze to race in and or there online rank and there prestige rank....

Edited by user Saturday, October 3, 2020 11:38:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2762 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 12:17:13 AM(UTC)
I agree with your first point Ritemare. It makes no sense to tell you the conditions for street races but not for road races when whether it’s going to be wet or not can significantly alter your choice of car.

The second point about seeing people’s ranks wouldn’t be a good thing. There is a way of doing it already but all that does, given the tough points system, particularly at the higher end of the rankings, is enable people to potentially skip races if they think the opposition is going to be too hard (and if they showed the ranks people would also skip if it was going to be too easy).

Well done for reaching League 5 by the way.
#2763 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 12:59:58 AM(UTC)
Had my final race on my secondary account I think. Just met a league 4 who wasn't faster than me but was skilled at ramming, which enabled him to win the first two races. The other players were blue ranks and given I lost 42 points yesterday for 2nd place and still beating a league 6, I was going to lose another ton of points no matter what.

So I thought I'd try the thing we spoke about before, disconnect my network during loading for the 3rd race. It didn't work, the game did come up with the disconnected message immediately during the loading screen, well before the final race loaded. But the really interesting thing here is that the rammer still gained +78 points from the adventure. I thought if someone left even DURING the final race, never mind before it had loaded, that you don't get points off them? Well according to the leaderboard, he did. I lost 130 but I probably would have lost most of that even if I'd stayed anyway. I thought at least the rammer won't be rewarded... but I was wrong!

I might as well stick with my main account now. Or take up another hobby :p
#2764 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 8:47:36 AM(UTC)
I think I said before that I thought points still counted if someone left the final race. It’s if someone quits earlier then they definitely don’t count. Bad luck though running into someone like that - I would say to report them but, sadly, that looks like a waste of time.

I might pick up FFA again next month. I didn’t get the prizes for being a Grandmaster at the start of this month. I’ll see if it does work this time. If not, I’ll have a go at getting to 4875 and see if that does the trick - I see Skajdrovski has done so - only took him 103 adventures to gain 25 or so points.

As it is, I’m mainly doing rivals and some Team Wars World Cup practice - just in case all the really quick GB players happen to be unavailable at once 😅. It’s very much worth watching if you want to see some good clean regulated racing:

https://twitch.tv/teamwarslive
#2765 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 9:17:33 AM(UTC)
I disconnected during the loading screen for the final race so definitely before it started, and the game put me back to free roam before it loaded. I'm assuming he couldn't possibly have got +78 for beating blue ranks anyway. I was leading the 2nd race right up until a corner or two before the end (Horizon festival circuit) having avoided a few of his ramming efforts to that point but then he did it successfully and that was that.

Sooner or later in this game you always run into 'that guy'...

I did do a few more adventures after all but points awarded are now either very similar or exactly the same as my main account. Looks like if you want to make easy progress you need to do it very quickly, and that is entirely down to the luck of who you face. When the game keeps serving up stupid very low ranked lobbies there's nothing you can do about it.

I don't think team wars is my cup of tea really, but it's an interesting idea.

Edited by user Monday, October 5, 2020 9:18:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2766 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 5:00:01 AM(UTC)
Just lost to another lower ranked player who was light years faster than me at S2 despite me driving close to my best. 2nd place, -28 points for me.

Out of curiosity I checked out his leaderboard stats, he has 39 wins and nearly as many losses, which doesn't stand up because he would be as good or better than almost anyone. So it implies he is deliberately losing some in order to keep his rank down. I hate it when people abuse the system like this. Bearing in mind it took me only 8 adventures to go from new player to league 5, it can't be explained simply by him being new either because his account has at least nearly 80 adventures under its belt.

So his stats were 39-37, I just looked again an hour later and it's 40-38 now. If you saw how fast this player was then you'd see they would be winning 95%+ of their adventures, not 50%. Why people do this I don't know. Maybe it tickles them to rob points off higher ranked players.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 7, 2020 7:09:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2767 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 4:54:11 AM(UTC)
Anyone here other than me still playing this? 🤔
#2768 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 6:44:37 AM(UTC)
Yeah, but nothing new.
Win 10 races, earn points. Finish once 2nd, lose your progress. Win 10 races, earn points. Finish once 2nd, losy your progress.....
I think you know the pattern :P

Only difference from this was very fast rank 11 guy in atomic punk (A-class street scene). Or maybe my 22B was just slow?
Name was unclebens or something similiar
#2769 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 7:07:49 AM(UTC)
Ah yes I know that pattern, sadly... since my rage quits a while ago I've recouped 84 of the 165 points I lost. 39 wins, 3 losses (going back to before this series began). The losses were -16, -21 and -25. One of those losses was entirely my own fault, I made a bad unforced error :/

Not sure about the 22B, but yeah there are some people who are too fast for their ranks. The name doesn't ring a bell. I met a very fast league 8 earlier who I was very lucky to beat, he was as fast or faster than me skill wise. I got just +3 for beating him :/ Would have lost loads if I'd come 2nd.

Edited by user Saturday, October 10, 2020 7:09:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2770 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 11:48:46 AM(UTC)
Just had a few games of unranked to practice and not sure if I just met a cheater. Was S2 autumn and I was only in a Merc CLK-GTR which isn't the fastest, but someone in an Aventador FE had acceleration which completely destroyed it. I would say it was probably a cheater but it's possible they were just in a power build and it was legitimately that fast, I don't know. They also used the 'I'm a grandmaster' chat. They weren't someone I've seen or heard of in FFA thankfully. Then in a later race one of their club mates joined them in a Diablo GTR and that was much the same.
#2771 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 9:39:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Just had a few games of unranked to practice and not sure if I just met a cheater. Was S2 autumn and I was only in a Merc CLK-GTR which isn't the fastest, but someone in an Aventador FE had acceleration which completely destroyed it. I would say it was probably a cheater but it's possible they were just in a power build and it was legitimately that fast, I don't know. They also used the 'I'm a grandmaster' chat. They weren't someone I've seen or heard of in FFA thankfully. Then in a later race one of their club mates joined them in a Diablo GTR and that was much the same.

Destroying a CLK on the wet is not usual thing to me but I remember I went against some super fast Diablo GTR with no chance to catch up, don't remember of any Aventador FE though. I guess the reason why they don't have so much wins is that those builds are only in S2 and S2 is not happening as much as the other classes, at least in FFA.
I am not sure I would go for that type of tune if I had it, I really enjoy the CLK turning way every single time I use it and it's so mistake forgiving but I would be curious to test it.
If it is cheating, I don't understand it doesn't spread more. I know of no cheating thing that is not deploying over a game after a few weeks, just like a disease. If it is, they are extremely clever at keeping it under control.

Just had a look at tunes and there is one from July from Nalak with 1130KW / 980kg / level 10 grip (winter tyres) ... that's could be the kind of tune we met.

Edited by user Saturday, October 10, 2020 9:50:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2772 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 1:24:13 AM(UTC)
I think it was probably legit and he was using a RWD drag tune, he was having trouble controlling it and sliding a lot. I just tried such a tune and even with being RWD it still launches very rapidly and goes like a bat out of hell so that's probably what it was. I won the first two races in the Merc (just) due to its easy handling trumping his speed, and came 3rd in the last race at Broadway circuit.
#2773 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 10:51:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Only difference from this was very fast rank 11 guy in atomic punk (A-class street scene). Or maybe my 22B was just slow?

Well, swapped my sport tire tune for codcaos astmoor tune. It is better.
Was in 11 people lobby A-class summer strete scene (I got a lot of these, anyone else?). Ranks from 8 to 12. Three APs, three TZ2s, one Nova, plus few other cars. Basically only rank 8 AP was a threat. Rest was finishing few seconds behind.
22B was able to fight with AP. Cornering and speed was ok, but was losing to him on acceleration from slower corners. This tune is on stock tires so I lost traction mid-corner few times.

#2774 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:53:20 AM(UTC)
Did anyone here ever play the old Xbox game Juiced? Ranked mode in FH4 reminds me a bit of the intensity of the pink slip races in Juiced, ie. you had to put your whole car on the line (against the AI, which was actually very good AI and corresponded with named characters in the story mode with their own dialogue and personality).

Some of the races were very tough and if you lost, you really lost, bye bye to your precious car which you took ages to save up for, so it really hurt. But to win you had to risk losing. FH4 ranked is the closest thing to that type of 'now you've started the race, you MUST win' pressure. (Also, the game saved just before the race so there was no cheesing the system by turning the console off when you knew you were going to lose - the devs wisely thought of that.)

Edited by user Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:54:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2775 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 2:52:01 AM(UTC)
My amazing progress over the last five adventures...

1st, -1. Beat league 11. 4681
1st, +1. Beat league 9. 4682
1st, +0. Beat league 12. 4682
1st, -1. Beat league 10. 4681
1st, +1. Beat league 7. 4682

114 Pages<<109110111112113>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error