118 Pages<<107108109110111>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#2701 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 4:08:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VR46 Rider Go to Quoted Post
I don't know, but i have the same ranking points, 3976.
I play a lot of time, i gain 16, lost 2, gain 3, lost 20, etc etc...and the day after, i have 3976 points again.

This will be in Team Adventure not FFA. Points are broken in Team so that points only record if no one leaves. If someone leaves, it will look as though your points change but, in fact, they don’t and will be reset as soon as you leave the lobby.

#2702 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 6:51:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
...so that points only record if no one leaves.

Omg...it is so disgusting...in all the match there is someone that quit the session...so i am just wasting my time!!!
Emmett Doc Brown about FM bugs: I invented the Time Machine to gain perhaps even an answer to that universal question, "Why"?
#2703 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 7:42:08 AM(UTC)
My winning streak is over.... just had the misfortune of meeting a dirty league 3 player who was on my avoid list but the stupid Xbox app gave me the wrong names. The 'under a minute ago' name list didn't include the latest lobby, probably because it found two lobbies in quick succession. Such a bad sluggish and unreliable app. He wasn't even that fast. But he is a dirty player and got lucky with the starting positions in race 2. So that was -14.

#2704 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 10:09:08 AM(UTC)
Four straight wins for 0 points. Lose twice to the same League 3 for -13. Second loss was entirely my fault as well as I had him beaten and hit a wall - although the slowdown I got was ridiculous 😅.
#2705 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 10:44:36 AM(UTC)
Just had a league 7 player quit because I was winning, now I will lose points for winning the current adventure I'm doing.

Actually got +0 fortunately. Another timewaster for the block list.

My results today anyway FWIW...

1st, +6. Beat league 6.
1st, +10. Beat league 4.
1st, +6. Beat under-ranked very fast league 9 WartyRhombus2.
1st, +2. Beat league 9.
2nd, -14. Lost to league 3 HuYaWanPiShu who was on my avoid list but the app showed the wrong names so it tripped me up. Beat league 8.
1st, +0. Beat league 9.
1st, -1. Beat league 9.
1st, +0. Beat league 10.
1st, +9. Beat league 5.
1st, +0. Beat league 10. (A very fast league 7 left in middle of 2nd race when I was leading. I just won the first race at Edinburgh West End by overtaking him in final stretch.)

For the day: +18

Edited by user Monday, September 14, 2020 12:51:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2706 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 1:27:26 PM(UTC)
-9 for the day for me. Lost three times (twice to League 3, once to GM and League 5) which cost me a total of 23 points. Got 14 back - mainly in the last two adventures when I got +3 (beat League 4 and League 6) and +6 (beat 2 x League 4, 2 x League 5 and League 6). Didn’t drive very well until the last one and made two wrong car choices (must remember Edinburgh West End is a power course not a tricky city street course).
 1 user liked this post.
#2707 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 11:44:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Did you include video clips?

Always
 1 user liked this post.
#2708 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 4:39:04 AM(UTC)
Is it safe to play this today? I heard about the server problems and disconnections so am a bit wary... I definitely think Jezza should test it out for everyone first and report back. Good luck Jezza.

😅
 1 user liked this post.
#2709 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 5:02:28 AM(UTC)
I won’t be on until much later FN. I await hearing how it goes with interest!
#2710 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 11:25:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

This will be in Team Adventure not FFA. Points are broken in Team so that points only record if no one leaves. If someone leaves, it will look as though your points change but, in fact, they don’t and will be reset as soon as you leave the lobby.

...Ah! That explains it. I've been wondering why some winning scores are added and others not added. Does the same apply to losses as it appears every loss is always deducted, but I haven't been aware of the "players leaving" reason, but I'll check it out this evening.

#2711 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 11:50:51 PM(UTC)
Yes, same applies to losses. You don’t loss any points if someone leaves.

#2712 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 2:46:58 AM(UTC)
Back to my favourite topic of starting grids. I had a race yesterday against a League 4. 9 players at the start but dropped to 7 by race 2. Starting positions were 2/9, 1/7 and 3/6, not in my favour. That’s a massive gap to make up. Fortunately I was able to turn it around and win 2-1. However, last time I raced him I also started behind him in all three races and couldn’t get past him that time.

My view is that the grids should simply be reversed between Races 1 and 2 - if you start 1st in race 1, you start last in Race 2, and vice versus. The third race could then be in reverse position order. That would be much fairer than the random (possibly weighted to give “better” races) current approach to grid positions.

In better news, I am back to 4844 points. Third time in the last 5 days that I’ve been a good sessions worth of results away from 4850. Fingers crossed I can do better this time.
#2713 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 4:10:45 AM(UTC)
Hmm, I just beat someone ranked in the top 1.7% of everyone who has played this month and got +0. These last 6 points are going to be tough work!
#2714 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 4:52:25 AM(UTC)
Sounds like finding people high enough rank to win points off will almost be harder than actually beating them, I mean I rarely see high ranks at all.

I didn't get the chance to play ranked yesterday or today so far but will hopefully do so later.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2020 4:53:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2715 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 6:10:28 AM(UTC)
1.7% is League 6 but very top of it - about 600 in the ranks. Pretty sure it’s the highest ranked player I’ve ever got nothing for beating - League 5 and 6 are usually +1. Does just emphasis why there are so many 0 point lobbies though, when you are relying on one or more of the top 1-2% being in the same adventure.

Had a quick run at lunch and encountered a League 3 for a hard fought +4 points. Back to 4848 again and within one win territory.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2020 6:12:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2716 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 10:21:41 AM(UTC)
Congrats on 4850 Jezza 👏

Now does the game recognise you are GM or will it insist you get 4870 or something?
 1 user liked this post.
#2717 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 10:32:46 AM(UTC)
Didn’t immediately but did after a restart. As the LB showed me as GM anyway, I think the 4875 mark is redundant! Putting down FFA for a while now. That was a lot of races over the last few days.

Had to deal with a ramming cheating League 4 to get the last win but fortunately he was quite a bit slower than me, so didn’t cause too many problems.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2020 10:34:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2718 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 11:38:46 AM(UTC)
Congrats Jezza
#2719 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 1:41:36 AM(UTC)
Thanks Spatz - just the 240 or so adventures this month, at about a 10-1 win ratio to make it 😄 (started on 4773 so 77 points gained).
 3 users liked this post.
#2720 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 8:59:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GentlestSum522 Go to Quoted Post
I hope there is no link but since I posted what I consider some very positive feedback about support, my tickets are no longer processed. One is 5 days old, could be as well support guy is on holidays or too much support activity, any tickets processed recently on your side guys ?

I reported a rammer 11 days ago and the ticket is still open.

10 days for me. I just wonder the reason, is it related to stop managing player reports and other tickets are still processed, any clue ? May be it is just the person in charge being temporarily away for some reason. I just wish she/he took some holidays and will be back in a few days and restore the situation.
No backup on support is not good as tickets are pilling up but from the forum issues, budget regarding FH community/support looks pretty low.
I asked our community team guy a few days ago but no feedback yet.

~20mn ago, 5 tickets closed in the very same minutes ... transferred to the appropriate team
I do some efforts but after more than a year, that team still have no name, never presented during a stream, never ever heard about someone having been ban for ramming, absolutely no trace. I guess some secret agents would like to be ghosts that level.

Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Ah yes, my ticket was closed (sorry, 'solved' lol) with the same message.

Somehow I don't think there are many employees working in support. (Or maybe they all have their holidays at the same time.)

3 days later, the YouTube link I sent them with the clip of the rammer has not increased in view count at all, so they haven't looked at it.

So we're up to about 14 days now.

It is starting to look like their promise to crack down on rammers was not something we can rely on. (I think that's probably the most diplomatic way I can phrase it, but there are other ways available.)
#2721 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 1:44:48 AM(UTC)
First adventure in a few days.

-29 points.

Lost to a very fast unranked player who started ahead of me in all three (street) races. He won the first because I started near the back, which I would have won otherwise. I won the 2nd despite him trying to ram me. I lost the 3rd when he successfully rammed me.

Is it worth reporting it? No I don't suppose it is worth the effort. My previous clip sent now 17 days ago still hasn't been watched.

By the way, it will take around 15 adventure wins to recoup those 29 points.

edit - it was actually 17 days, I just checked and I have just now reported the latest player.

Edited by user Friday, September 18, 2020 2:03:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2722 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 3:46:03 AM(UTC)
Next race I was disconnected before the 2nd race started. It doesn't seem to have affected my points yet, just restarted the game and they're the same. The lobby had 3 players, leagues 13, 17 and 18. So if it affects my points it will be a massive loss.

Won next adventure and got +0 so seem to have got away with it.

Edited by user Friday, September 18, 2020 4:01:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2723 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 2:00:59 PM(UTC)
I've beaten some very good players today such as BrokenSoph just now who was very fast and won the 2nd S2 street race even though I started in the lead, that's the second time I've encountered someone in the new F50 WP who is very fast, is that car considered meta? Anyway I made back most of the points I lost earlier.

2nd, -29. Lost to unranked rammer. Beat league 10.
1st, +0. Beat league 9.
1st, +0. Beat league 9.
1st, +5. Beat league 5.
1st, +9. Beat league 4.
1st, +0. Beat league 9.
1st, +0. Beat league 8.
1st, +3. Beat league 8.
1st, +9. Beat league 5.

For the day: -3

Today two more wins and I got the remaining points back. Then this happened. Sigh.

1st, +1. Beat league 9.
1st, +3. Beat league 6.
2nd, -36. Lost to league 10, beat league 6. A class street race, won 1st, 2nd was a disaster because of traffic, finished 5th. Won 3rd. Lost by 2 points.

This is how you lose a day's worth of wins in 30 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqDS9TLVHw0

edit - after 9 more adventure wins today I've regained all the lost points and am at 4730.

Edited by user Saturday, September 19, 2020 10:07:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2724 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 11:07:33 AM(UTC)
the only thing i want to tweak in all online adventures iz

the question mark on a course i want removed....

it doez not hide any thing it makes it a little eazier to race for rain winter....

i dont like the mischief in some thing so serious

and it doez show
 1 user liked this post.
#2725 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 4:39:01 AM(UTC)
Lost 75 points in one adventure today because I quit... decided I would rather take a bigger points loss than the likely -50 or so I was going to get for finishing 2nd to a rammer with only very low ranked players beneath me. At least this way he doesn't benefit by getting a big windfall of points from undeservedly beating me. I won't bother reporting this rammer because Turn 10/PG are failing to take action like they promised.

Next adventure I met another ringer, league 8 but as fast as me basically. Beat him and got +1.

I should probably forget about rank and just play... what does it prove anyway. I have at least proven to myself (the only person in the world who cares) that I am legitimately good enough to reach league 1 on merit and would have done so long ago if it wasn't for disconnections or rammers. I got to 4733 yesterday and that will probably remain my personal best.

I met another expletive in the next adventure so I quit again... if you can only win by ramming then you don't deserve the points from me. Actually -90 points for this one... that's for 'losing' to a league 3 and an otherwise weak lobby.

I think DRC was right to give up on this trash. It's so heavily stacked against you it's not even funny.

Edited by user Monday, September 21, 2020 6:14:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

118 Pages<<107108109110111>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error