111 Pages<<105106107108109>>PrevNext
#2651 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 6:22:46 AM(UTC)
The League 5 guy was very good. I recorded that just to check I hadn’t accidentally pushed him at the end but, fortunately for me, he had just forgotten to brake early enough so I got the win. The League 10 winning just emphasised why I don’t like doing circuits. He was 10 seconds slower at the first sprint but then able to lap within 0.5 seconds of me there (obviously id started last).
#2652 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 7:24:36 AM(UTC)
Think I had 7 wins in a row for a total gain of 6 points (got -1 and -2 for two of them). Then got punted off the bridge near the start of Coastal Charge in the first race of the next one and couldn’t recover to win that adventure so -17 for one loss. 7 wins 1 loss = -11 points. Seems fair 👍.
#2653 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 7:46:59 AM(UTC)
Ouch 😔 I've had bad things happen on Coastal Charge a few times. I usually win there, but it's always a nervy race because it's unforgiving of mishaps (whether self-inflicted or caused by others).
#2654 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 9:32:49 AM(UTC)
Now 10-1 for the day and still -8. I’m also on exactly the same points I started the month on, after 102 adventures- 92 wins.

Now 11-1 for the day and -9. Third minus score for a “win” of the day. Worth noting that if there was a minimum result of +1 for a win, I would be level.

Edited by user Sunday, September 6, 2020 9:51:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2655 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 11:17:13 AM(UTC)
FN, you dodged a bullet there at that Dirt S1 event - 3 good players, all of them dirty AF. I quitted in 3rd event.
-reallife car mechanic @Mitsubishi/Mazda/Suzuki and owner of a '00 Mitsubishi Galant V6 2.5 and '96 Colt 1.8T -
#2656 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 11:24:37 AM(UTC)
Well, here are options for you:
1. keep on going
2. become a charity and give points to everyone, after a week when you will be lower rank start playing normal
3. make new account
4. give up and play unranked

Which one you likes most?
#2657 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 11:56:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Faulieh Go to Quoted Post
FN, you dodged a bullet there at that Dirt S1 event - 3 good players, all of them dirty AF. I quitted in 3rd event.

I accepted a lobby with you in earlier, based on the players, but when I saw it was dirt, yeah, nope :p (I know my limitations)

#2658 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 12:19:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Well, here are options for you:
1. keep on going
2. become a charity and give points to everyone, after a week when you will be lower rank start playing normal
3. make new account
4. give up and play unranked

Which one you likes most?

Oh I’ll keep going for the rest of this month at least (well unless I get d/ced again) but obviously will keep complaining about it as well ;-). I am going to stick absolutely rigidly to meta though. My two experiments this weekend both resulted in me being in a position to get rammed round a checkpoint and losing 30 points for those two adventures (even though I had the pace to win both).

Edit - this game does just hate me though. I won my next adventure for +6. Next one should have been an easy win as it was an adventure where the 340R is king and I got two League 3s driving APs which just aren’t quick enough to match the 340R on handling courses.. However, first race someone knocks a traffic light down in front of me which causes my car to go sideways into a house and second race one of them hits a traffic car (which I’d seen and avoided) causing it to hit me and knock me into a tree. -12 for an event where the winning times were 5 seconds off what I can do with ease without the comedy bad luck.

Edited by user Sunday, September 6, 2020 1:56:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2659 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2020 9:48:29 AM(UTC)
I've been having a lot of good luck lately and it's continued today. A few times I've come up against very fast under-ranked players or rammers and I've been fortunate to win. The main problem today has just been relentless cross country or dirt coming up, it's almost funny how it's like 90% of the time or something.

edit - tried to find a match this evening. I'm up to about 15 now, all dirt and CC except two, one was S2 street winter (yeah no) and the other was S1 street ending at the marathon, nope.

edit 2 - tried for another hour, finally got a match after another half dozen dirt and CC. I won and ... +0. Okay I think that's enough Forza for today... I can only dream of the devs fixing the algorithm that makes road races so rare.

Seven wins today and no losses for +28 anyway.

Edited by user Monday, September 7, 2020 2:16:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2660 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 3:33:51 AM(UTC)
It’s odd how you get in cycles like that. I had no problem getting road/street races yesterday. I don’t think I even saw a cross country lobby and only skipped one S1 winter dirt one that looked a guaranteed 0 pointer. Also got a healthy number of high ranked players so made quite good progress points-wise.
#2661 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 4:05:50 AM(UTC)
Yeah it was the worst I can remember it being.

I just had an absolute disaster of a race today, made some terrible unforced errors due to being rusty I think. The car just didn't respond the way I expected it to, a couple of times in an S1 street race. Just wouldn't turn properly. So I finished 2nd and got -33. Didn't help that in the final street race I started last and needed to win. If I hadn't messed up the first race, I could have finished the final race 2nd.

Ugh...

Edited by user Tuesday, September 8, 2020 7:44:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2662 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 5:40:56 AM(UTC)
How's this for a close finish... vastly under-ranked league 7 player, I had to win the race and just held on. He was GM skill level.

(I got +4 for winning this adventure.)

Edited by user Tuesday, September 8, 2020 5:41:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2663 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 11:48:31 AM(UTC)
I hope there is no link but since I posted what I consider some very positive feedback about support, my tickets are no longer processed. One is 5 days old, could be as well support guy is on holidays or too much support activity, any tickets processed recently on your side guys ?
 1 user liked this post.
#2664 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 11:57:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
How's this for a close finish... vastly under-ranked league 7 player, I had to win the race and just held on. He was GM skill level.

(I got +4 for winning this adventure.)

No doubt your effort made you one of the best players of the game regardless any rank thing!
#2665 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 1:03:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
I hope there is no link but since I posted what I consider some very positive feedback about support, my tickets are no longer processed. One is 5 days old, could be as well support guy is on holidays or too much support activity, any tickets processed recently on your side guys ?

I was wondering this too. I reported a rammer 7 days ago and it's still 'open'.

As for trying to recoup the 33 points I threw away this morning... this is the results from today, and just had my 100th win. Basically the first rule of ranked club is never lose... :p

2nd, -33. Lost to league 8, beat some blue ranks. Made some terrible unforced errors.
1st, +2. Beat league 9.
1st, +4. Beat crazy fast under-ranked league 7 player Davidulka3736 by skin of my teeth (less than a tenth of a second on Colossus, S2 spring).
1st, +12. Beat very fast unranked player hunter9532.
1st, +0. Beat league 12.
1st, -1. Beat league 11.
1st, +0. Beat league 13.
1st, +1. Beat league 9.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 8, 2020 1:04:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2666 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 1:49:44 PM(UTC)
Hunter is a league 3, so a good win 👍.
#2667 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 5:55:36 PM(UTC)
I’ve seen it discussed here before, so figured I’d ask. Is anyone willing to tell me how to see who’s going to be in your lobby prior to choosing your car/the race beginning. Thanks.
#2668 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 10:52:23 PM(UTC)
Quick question on the new setup for free-for-all lobbies with sometimes only 6 starting the race and usually falling away to maybe 3-4 by the end of the series which is really boring. I 'm struggling find competitive lobbies with most of the racers being unranked or 11-12 and worse. I've seen references here to checking the lobbies before committing and I can see how you check who xbox has matched you with in the lobby (through recent players) but how do you see what their ranking is quick enough to determine whether to enter the race? I can only see their name and it takes too long to click through the profile to see their free-for-alI ranking. I don't care about entering races with racers much higher than me or anyone likely to beat me (and lose points) if it means a good challenge but racing with a lobby full of beginners is a waste of time.

Thanks
#2669 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 1:06:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lilj3wboi Go to Quoted Post
I’ve seen it discussed here before, so figured I’d ask. Is anyone willing to tell me how to see who’s going to be in your lobby prior to choosing your car/the race beginning. Thanks.

On PC I use the Xbox app to look at the 'recent players' list. When the game finds a lobby and the 30 second countdown starts, switch back to the app and refresh it. Sometimes it doesn't work, or not fast enough, but usually it does. Sometimes refreshing it a few times is necessary.

What I've found sometimes is that it gets stuck showing the entire free roam lobby list of ~50 players or whatever, in which case switching back to Horizon solo and then finding another ranked match usually fixes it.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 9, 2020 1:08:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2670 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 10:07:05 AM(UTC)
Just came 2nd to a league 1 and lost points. What I don't quite follow the logic of, is if I had come 1st, and beaten the exact same players who finished below me, I would have gained points, or at least not lost any (best beaten was a league 7). I'm just not quite sure how that makes sense.
#2671 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 9:56:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JETCAAAT Go to Quoted Post
Quick question on the new setup for free-for-all lobbies with sometimes only 6 starting the race and usually falling away to maybe 3-4 by the end of the series which is really boring. I 'm struggling find competitive lobbies with most of the racers being unranked or 11-12 and worse. I've seen references here to checking the lobbies before committing and I can see how you check who xbox has matched you with in the lobby (through recent players) but how do you see what their ranking is quick enough to determine whether to enter the race? I can only see their name and it takes too long to click through the profile to see their free-for-alI ranking. I don't care about entering races with racers much higher than me or anyone likely to beat me (and lose points) if it means a good challenge but racing with a lobby full of beginners is a waste of time.

Thanks

There is no way to check their ranks (at least not quick enough to be workable, as you point out). I do it to avoid problem players or ones who I will have trouble beating, and I do it by having a list I quickly check it against, and from remembering regular or well-known names. If you actually want to play faster players and don't mind losing then there isn't much point in checking the lobby first.

As for avoiding weak lobbies, there is no way to do that, unless you do similar to me, have a list of good players and then you could choose to only join lobbies when you do see a good player or two. But the other players will usually still be much lower ranks.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 9, 2020 9:58:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2672 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 11:26:11 PM(UTC)
I skip any cross country or dirt lobbies now unless I recognise one or two of the names, as there is too much risk of being stuck in a 5 race event with no challenge. For road/street, I enter everything but those at least are shorter.

The only other way to try and get really good competition is by sniping the stream of someone like Exquisitt (who streams on Twitch). If you watch the stream and start searching when they are searching, you can usually get in the same lobby. There will often be quite a few people doing that, so the lobbies are high quality.
 1 user liked this post.
#2673 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 3:29:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Thanks

There is no way to check their ranks (at least not quick enough to be workable, as you point out). I do it to avoid problem players or ones who I will have trouble beating, and I do it by having a list I quickly check it against, and from remembering regular or well-known names. If you actually want to play faster players and don't mind losing then there isn't much point in checking the lobby first.

As for avoiding weak lobbies, there is no way to do that, unless you do similar to me, have a list of good players and then you could choose to only join lobbies when you do see a good player or two. But the other players will usually still be much lower ranks.

Yep, this seems like the only way to approach it, cheers for the advice.

I'd much prefer to wait a few minutes longer and have a lobby of 12 racers if Forza could go back to that system but I'm not holding my breath...
#2674 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 8:14:13 AM(UTC)
After losing 33 points the other day, I've finally made them back after another 18 adventures...

17 wins, 1 loss (-5 for 2nd). Five of those wins being zero or minus points. +36 (average +2.1 points per win)

I must just about be due another loss so I can slip right back again 😅

Yep, this seems like the only way to approach it, cheers for the advice.

I'd much prefer to wait a few minutes longer and have a lobby of 12 racers if Forza could go back to that system but I'm not holding my breath...

For me the new system is much better overall, vastly shorter waits and far less chance of losing because of bad RNG starting positions due to the usually smaller fields.

Edited by user Thursday, September 10, 2020 8:16:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2675 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 3:48:56 AM(UTC)
Have been on a significant win streak with something like one loss in my last 30 (which I actually got + points for as it was high quality) despite having a lot of reasonably strong opponents. Got lucky last night as I was essentially in a one v one versus GreetedDust (there was one other very outmatched League 12 in the lobby from midway through race 1 onwards) but he was trying a new tune so I picked up the win for +6. Up to 4831 points which is a new PB. I feel a disconnection or a disaster race is probably coming soon!
111 Pages<<105106107108109>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error