8 Pages12345>>PrevNext
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 10:50:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fuzzy Belvedere Go to Quoted Post

I think they have a LOOOONG way before reaching EA territory.

While it's frustrating, but to believe the devs don't care is unrealistic considering we (the consumer) are their livelihood.
Not a gaming programmer but I have dabbled with website and backend programing and have seen how patching one thing breaks two others.

I am biting my tongue 'til it bleeds because at the end of the day, FH4 is just one of many games I own... while one of my favorites ...and I paid for the Ultimate Edition, but games are meant to be fun. I refuse to let myself get stressed out by a hobby I enjoy.

If possible, do like I'm doing, catch-up on your gaming backlog.


But we are talking about a company with a lot of people working on this project at all time. You don't think they should be able to fix things like an audio issue or implement a search function for the match making within 3 months? They either don't care or are unable (incompetent) to do so.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 10:50:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IIcrosstigerII Go to Quoted Post

Is there some price to win in the competition for being the worst company?


If there is, they've got an extraordinarily long way to go before they catch EA, Bethesda, or Activision-Blizzard. They're not even on par with a Tecmo Koei or Konami... or CAPCOM on a bad day.


In what world is EA, Activision or Blizzard a bad company?? I would put each of those in an entirely different league than Turn 10 or Playground Games.


Have you been living under a rock? EA is more rocked with controversy than T10/PG is, Blizzard is on a downhill slope as well.


I’m not concerned with whatever controversies are surrounding a company. I’m concerned if they can make a good game, which both of those companies do.


So does T10/PG.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 9, 2019 6:49:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:14:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Don't forget that all suggestions and feedback can be submitted here.


RK - we 100% appreciate your activity here on these forums and the feedback you’re able to give us. But all suggestions and feedback given here have already been given, countless times. These aren’t new issues or suggestions, so what good is submitting them again going to do? The developers just need to focus on matters that actually matter to the community.


Each suggestion does make an impact.

Yes, you may feel your submitting the same issue as another player or it's appearing over and over again. But each ticket submitted is another indication to what the community is looking for. So if numerous players are submitting a similar response, then it becomes more noticeable.
On the other hand, please do not submit the same ticket over and over again just to be noticed as I track gamertags alongside each ticket.

You may feel that duplicate subjected tickets won't do anything, when infact it's the opposite and they're bringing an issue more alight.

Hope that makes sense.


A lot of the discussion in this thread has been about garage size increase not being in the next update notes. A garage size increase has already been teased and there's a 10 page thread about it on page 1. If me submitting a ticket about this same issue moves the needle at all, then we (PG and I) have a whole new problem that's very similar to the one that led me to boycot FM7, the only Forza title I never bought. It feels like when you're standing next to someone and talking, then finish and they go, "What did you say?" ... so you repeat yourself and when you're finished, they go, "What did you say?"

The suggestions in this forum should be looked at as a resource of long term game testers trying to make the game better and filling a role obviously not filled by staff at PG. And we do this for free. It's quite a favor we're doing, but, yes, sometimes we get off topic. But if all this is secondary to submitting tickets and then making decisions based on number of tickets submitted instead of what's common sense (a hallmark of trying to as little as possible), then I'm wasting my time here.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:18:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#54 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:25:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IIcrosstigerII Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fuzzy Belvedere Go to Quoted Post

I think they have a LOOOONG way before reaching EA territory.

While it's frustrating, but to believe the devs don't care is unrealistic considering we (the consumer) are their livelihood.
Not a gaming programmer but I have dabbled with website and backend programing and have seen how patching one thing breaks two others.

I am biting my tongue 'til it bleeds because at the end of the day, FH4 is just one of many games I own... while one of my favorites ...and I paid for the Ultimate Edition, but games are meant to be fun. I refuse to let myself get stressed out by a hobby I enjoy.

If possible, do like I'm doing, catch-up on your gaming backlog.


But we are talking about a company with a lot of people working on this project at all time. You don't think they should be able to fix things like an audio issue or implement a search function for the match making within 3 months? They either don't care or are unable (incompetent) to do so.


I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the every 2 year turnaround cycle is starting to catch up to them with persistent issues that are fixed in one title only to return in another.

Let's not forget the amount of people PG has are likely broken up into several teams... DLC focus, Bug Fixes/Glitch assessment, New or returning IP team all the while there are T10 teams split up between FM7 content, FM7 fixes (engine/UI/etc.), FM8 (2020?)

I wish I stuck with game modding so I could apply and help out, but I have to patiently wait while things are being worked on... no sense in flying off the handle (trust me, I've been that guy ...especially when it came to DriveClub, and we all know what happened to that developer).

All we can do is submit a ticket with as much detail as possible and hope it is rolled into the next update. anything else is wasted energy at this point.
#PS5 & #XboxSeriesX #gamer
#Forza & #GranTurismo #photographer
#TheShopPodcast member
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 1:55:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post

I’m not concerned with whatever controversies are surrounding a company. I’m concerned if they can make a good game, which both of those companies do.


Then you really don't have anything to say about a hypothetical competition for *worst company*, do you?
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 10 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:31:35 PM(UTC)
For me the following items are more concerning than any current problems in the game be they real or perceived.

1. The fact that ALL relevant information about the game, its updates, contests, etc are not always relayed to us on these forums. I find it totally unacceptable to have to go to Facebook, Twitter, etc etc to find out information that can easily be posted here via cut/paste. There does not seem to be one source for all information. Some is posted here, other things are posted on Facebook or Twitter.

NB: I would like to give a huge shout out to MateoMax for all he contributes here on a regular basis.

2. While the idea of submitting tickets can make it easier for T10/PG to find out issues, we should still have the opportunity to discuss issues in a civil manner without threads being locked with a final comment of Submit a Ticket. Believe it or not, it is nice to know that others are having the same or similar issues and often players help other players out by suggesting solution that have worked for them. You know, the whole idea of a forum.

3. Threads being marked as solved when the issue really isn't solved. Sure, a solution which is often a terrible workaround (and often has already been posted by another user) may have been posted but this really doesn't solve the issue.

Now, all this being said, I will grant you that there is a difference between a real bug (ie, the game not working as intended by the developers) and the game not working the way that each and every one of us wanted it to work (but is working like the developers intended), but come on...... Honest discussion among players about issues should be encouraged in a forum setting.

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2019 7:33:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: On the Podium
 3 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:31:55 PM(UTC)
This thread seems to have veered off-track quicker than you can say #FORZATHON LIVE BEGINS IN FIVE!, FOUR!, THREE!.... 😆



Getting back to the one thing in this update I care about: (Ranked) Free For All Adventure.

I'll certainly be spending the majority of my racing time in here. Despite the numerous issues with Team Adventure I still tried to brave it out in Ranked.

While I could only pick one one race in the hundred or so I did that was good enough to justify sharing footage of, I was pleased with my performances. I got to Rank 10 despite having no true teammates (my club abandoned Ranked Team Adventure a long time ago) so I feel like I can push hard to get Grandmaster status once the burden of carrying 5 drivers is lifted.

Wallriding has to be the next thing on my "please change the way this works" list. Ramming will never be resolved but if wallriding is addressed then at least those with tendencies to ram can't also grind their way to the front and affect more drivers.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#58 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:40:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post

I’m not concerned with whatever controversies are surrounding a company. I’m concerned if they can make a good game, which both of those companies do.


Then you really don't have anything to say about a hypothetical competition for *worst company*, do you?


What does this even mean?

How good a company to me is determined by the quality of a game that company produces. Not if it has controversies or anything. (I don’t even know what convroversies EA is involved with?). Both EA and Blizzard create game content that surpasses Horizon 4. Someone stated that EA and Blizzard are worse companies, and I was just wanting to know how someone could say that when they both create excellent games.

Anyways, this is far off topic and the discussion is now over.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:40:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

Wallriding has to be the next thing on my "please change the way this works" list. Ramming will never be resolved but if wallriding is addressed then at least those with tendencies to ram can't also grind their way to the front and affect more drivers.
Sorry PJ. I agree with most of what you say most of the time, but I really do not see wall riding as an issue. (and to those who are quick to jump on comments.... No, I am not a wall rider). It can be beneficial to some, some of the time, but can also be a detriment as well. For me it is just part of the game, like mud puddles, snowy icy roads rocks, rivers, etc. Not a big deal, really, but maybe I don't take the racing serious enough in this game. (shrugs)

Edited by user Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:42:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:26:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
This thread seems to have veered off-track quicker than you can say #FORZATHON LIVE BEGINS IN FIVE!, FOUR!, THREE!.... 😆



Getting back to the one thing in this update I care about: (Ranked) Free For All Adventure.

I'll certainly be spending the majority of my racing time in here. Despite the numerous issues with Team Adventure I still tried to brave it out in Ranked.

While I could only pick one one race in the hundred or so I did that was good enough to justify sharing footage of, I was pleased with my performances. I got to Rank 10 despite having no true teammates (my club abandoned Ranked Team Adventure a long time ago) so I feel like I can push hard to get Grandmaster status once the burden of carrying 5 drivers is lifted.

Wallriding has to be the next thing on my "please change the way this works" list. Ramming will never be resolved but if wallriding is addressed then at least those with tendencies to ram can't also grind their way to the front and affect more drivers.



Wallriding can easily be fixed by making each event essentially street race or free roam. There are no walls in those events and those are my favorites. Some THINK wallriding isnt an issue but its a top 3 issue. Maybe its because they dont play enough to notice it but I play everyday and I ALWAYS see it. People who have mastered it can pass 4 or 5 people in one single turn if they slide along the wall "properly." That point swing can lose the race for your team and its simply NOT fair. PERIOD.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
Rank: On the Podium
 5 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:28:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

Wallriding has to be the next thing on my "please change the way this works" list. Ramming will never be resolved but if wallriding is addressed then at least those with tendencies to ram can't also grind their way to the front and affect more drivers.
Sorry PJ. I agree with most of what you say most of the time, but I really do not see wall riding as an issue. (and to those who are quick to jump on comments.... No, I am not a wall rider). It can be beneficial to some, some of the time, but can also be a detriment as well. For me it is just part of the game, like mud puddles, snowy icy roads rocks, rivers, etc. Not a big deal, really, but maybe I don't take the racing serious enough in this game. (shrugs)


It depends on where you look I feel. Once you get close to and beyond Rank 10 in Racing Team Adventure, it becomes far more frequent.

One could make the argument that Horizon has no “rules” (other than Checkpoints) so it’s not illegal, but I still think that in a competitive environment it’s unsporting.

I love me some casual racing (I even made a club with that name) and Horizon is great for that, but Ranked by definition is competitive and “serious” which is why in that environment I see wallriding as an issue. The optimal way to succeed should be the most sporting in my opinion, and in a number of scenarios that is simply not the case right now.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:50:17 PM(UTC)
Thank you for that additional explanation, PJ. I now fully understand where you are coming from. Due to all the shenanigans that go on in Racing Team Adventure, I gave up on that quite awhile ago. In that scenario, I can now understand why it is an issue for you. I find it a shame that, as you described, it gets worse as the levels get higher. I remember something similar back in the FM7 league events where it was stated that the higher you got, the more unsportsman-like things got, while those of us (for the most part) down in grass roots were very considerate of others, to the end that I often saw that if someone smashed into another racer and knocked them off the track, the offender would stop and wait for the other person to get back on the track an regain their rightful position. But I digress....

I'm trying to imagine how they could penalize wall riding in truly competitive events such as Racing Team Adventure, yet not implemented for the casual events. Perhaps if it were for only on line events???

I am a programmer, but have never done any game programming. I definitely can see this being a huge issue trying to code after the fact.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain your situation. I don't often see a response that is so well articulated with the "whys" as opposed to just the "I want" being expressed. I do very much appreciate it.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:57:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 4:10:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

Wallriding can easily be fixed by making each event essentially street race or free roam. There are no walls in those events and those are my favorites. Some THINK wallriding isnt an issue but its a top 3 issue. Maybe its because they dont play enough to notice it but I play everyday and I ALWAYS see it. People who have mastered it can pass 4 or 5 people in one single turn if they slide along the wall "properly." That point swing can lose the race for your team and its simply NOT fair. PERIOD.


I dunno if I'd say it's not fair... Anyone can wall ride. I think it becomes a sort of "if you can't beat them, join them" thing for a lot of people. Personally, I do it for the first turn when I know that the adventure I'm in is full of rammers, because slowing down for turn 1 will just get you hammered.

It's silly because they already have a system in FM7 that prevents it where dragging your car against a wall for more than 3 or 4 car lengths slows it down drastically. All they had to do was steal that... Which may be a bit of an over-simplification, but surely they can learn from it and it shows that some people involved are aware it is a problem.

Since they are aware it is a problem and have found a solution in their other game that they share a lot of data/assets for, the fact that nothing has been done about it can only lead us to believe that they don't care.

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#64 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 4:30:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IXx Morbid xXI Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

Wallriding can easily be fixed by making each event essentially street race or free roam. There are no walls in those events and those are my favorites. Some THINK wallriding isnt an issue but its a top 3 issue. Maybe its because they dont play enough to notice it but I play everyday and I ALWAYS see it. People who have mastered it can pass 4 or 5 people in one single turn if they slide along the wall "properly." That point swing can lose the race for your team and its simply NOT fair. PERIOD.


I dunno if I'd say it's not fair... Anyone can wall ride. I think it becomes a sort of "if you can't beat them, join them" thing for a lot of people.



It was for me. Done properly it makes a massive difference, and the tracks are clearly designed to allow you to do it. If you do it against a team who isn't doing it (or not aggressively enough), you can wipe the floor with them. It's a competitive game mode and it's within the rules so... I see it as embrace it or play something else. I doubt they will implement any serious measures to penalise something which is in the game by design at this point.

I can't wait for solo adventure. I've played so many team games where my team has let me down, or people have started in cars which aren't upgraded, or are a bad choice for the event type (okay the latter comes from experience, but anyone who is ranked has played 20 adventures so should know by now). I would like the game to prevent people picking cars which aren't near enough to the PI limit. It doesn't matter as much in S2 but in the lower classes it can be a major handicap.

Forza 7 warns you and offers the choice of auto upgrade (or even to download someone else's tune) if you pick an underpowered uncompetitive car. FH4 just lets you pick anything and that isn't good when it affects your team mates, especially when THEY get punished for YOUR bad choice.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 9, 2019 4:37:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 4:42:23 PM(UTC)
I'm not surprised by the lack luster update. I am however very disappointed with it.

-Team/solo adventure.
This was such a small part of my dislike for the online, that I wouldnt care if it stayed. I want CHOICE in my race type and class. I want to pick a car, tune it, paint it, and go online with THAT CAR. As it stands I'd have to do that with 3 cars(A,S1,S2) and they'll all be awd, trucks/suvs etc because I'll still spend half my races going cross country.

This update has nothing in it to convince me to play the game more. The adventure mode is still a grab bag of race types peppered with free roam rush, the wall riders will still ride walls, and itll still dump me into half finished adventures.

Fm7 was a solid step back from fm6 when it launched, and fh4 tripped over fh3 and smashed its face into a sidewalk so hard it needs reconstructive surgery to look anything like fh3. Hopefully they fix it before we forget about it.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 5:50:42 PM(UTC)
Pasted below are the overviews for both Forza titles.

Forza Motorsport 7 immerses players in the exhilarating thrill of competitive racing. From mastering the new motorsport-inspired campaign to collecting a wide range of cars to experiencing the excitement of driving at the limit, this is Forza reimagined.

Get Forza Horizon 4
Live the Horizon Life when you play Forza Horizon 4. Experience a shared world with dynamic seasons. Explore beautiful scenery, collect over 450 cars and become a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain.

In all seriousness Motorsport is for serious racing, Horizon is for everything else, they say that in the overview where it is for sale. Basically you are told what it is then you buy it if you like it.
Why do motorsport fans keep buying this game and trying to change every aspect of racing to be serious?
Lighten up, put your crash helmet away, wear a chicken suit and go nuts. Otherwise wait 2 years for the next release.

When I first bought FH3 I asked why wouldn't we have Bathurst being an Australian racing game. I was promptly shot down by so many people in here telling me Horizon will never have proper race tracks as it is NOT a serious racing game and would take away from the other title. I would assume any aspect of serious racing such as control of wall riders etc would also be absent from Horizon for the same reasons.

This wall riding complaint in Horizon is ridiculous, what do you do when your faced with an unrealistic jump in the same race ? Do you drive around it for realism or just turn a blind eye and jump?
Try turning a blind eye with the corners if your competition rides the wall and goes faster than you, join the fun and ride the wall better and faster if your good enough.

I just hope the future updates give us something to last 2 years in Horizon because I don't buy motorsport, it would be unfair to spend the whole release changing things to suit serious racers so they can have a new release every year and leave the fun loving casual rocket pilots and kids nowhere to play.




Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:10:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post

This wall riding complaint in Horizon is ridiculous, what do you do when your faced with an unrealistic jump in the same race ? Do you drive around it for realism or just turn a blind eye and jump?
Try turning a blind eye with the corners if your competition rides the wall and goes faster than you, join the fun and ride the wall better and faster if your good enough.




I would've agreed with this post if this game was called Forza Wall Riding or Forza Kart 8 Deluxe.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:53:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post


This wall riding complaint in Horizon is ridiculous, what do you do when your faced with an unrealistic jump in the same race ? Do you drive around it for realism or just turn a blind eye and jump?
Try turning a blind eye with the corners if your competition rides the wall and goes faster than you, join the fun and ride the wall better and faster if your good enough.

I just hope the future updates give us something to last 2 years in Horizon because I don't buy motorsport, it would be unfair to spend the whole release changing things to suit serious racers so they can have a new release every year and leave the fun loving casual rocket pilots and kids nowhere to play.





Well last I checked this game is for the casual rocket pilots and kids. It’s definitely less hardcore simulation than Motorsport, and I personally use it to relax and drive cars as I would in real life most of the time. I have only seen wall riding a few times, but even so I can tell you it has no place in a competitive racing game that simulates real world cars. This is entirely unfair to good drivers who just want a fair race on the racing line intended by the developers.

There is a new game coming out that looks allot like the old Burnouts with unrealistic cars, physics , and crashes. Sounds like the perfect place to go for that true arcade feel you’re looking for.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:58:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:36:01 AM(UTC)
Happy we're getting updates & very happy with the patch notes. I am however still frustrated about the McLaren 650s Spider. How that car hasn't been fixed yet I don't know & it dumbfounds me more that it even passed as a paid DLC. Utterly disgraceful. Aside from that I can't really complain at the good job that's been going post launch.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#70 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:38:15 AM(UTC)
I'll refrain from making comments until the 14th January stream.

Which I can watch on Mixer but not comment since it seems I got randomly banned. :(
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:43:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Pasted below are the overviews for both Forza titles.

Forza Motorsport 7 immerses players in the exhilarating thrill of competitive racing. From mastering the new motorsport-inspired campaign to collecting a wide range of cars to experiencing the excitement of driving at the limit, this is Forza reimagined.

Get Forza Horizon 4
Live the Horizon Life when you play Forza Horizon 4. Experience a shared world with dynamic seasons. Explore beautiful scenery, collect over 450 cars and become a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain.

In all seriousness Motorsport is for serious racing, Horizon is for everything else, they say that in the overview where it is for sale. Basically you are told what it is then you buy it if you like it.
Why do motorsport fans keep buying this game and trying to change every aspect of racing to be serious?
Lighten up, put your crash helmet away, wear a chicken suit and go nuts. Otherwise wait 2 years for the next release.

When I first bought FH3 I asked why wouldn't we have Bathurst being an Australian racing game. I was promptly shot down by so many people in here telling me Horizon will never have proper race tracks as it is NOT a serious racing game and would take away from the other title. I would assume any aspect of serious racing such as control of wall riders etc would also be absent from Horizon for the same reasons.

This wall riding complaint in Horizon is ridiculous, what do you do when your faced with an unrealistic jump in the same race ? Do you drive around it for realism or just turn a blind eye and jump?
Try turning a blind eye with the corners if your competition rides the wall and goes faster than you, join the fun and ride the wall better and faster if your good enough.

I just hope the future updates give us something to last 2 years in Horizon because I don't buy motorsport, it would be unfair to spend the whole release changing things to suit serious racers so they can have a new release every year and leave the fun loving casual rocket pilots and kids nowhere to play.






Brilliant post. The people trying to turn the game into FM 7.5 won't like it, but sums up what most horizon fans think perfectly.

Rank: Racing Permit
User is suspended until 2/17/2047 3:19:07 AM(UTC)
#72 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:50:13 AM(UTC)
@ Evil Brain.., 1st of all, some of us are Not Interested in Forza Motorsport Games.., but (2nd of all) when u have a "Ranked Adventure" feature of the game, people like us are going to EXPECT people to at least have SOME DECENCY towards others when they're "Racing" in that Feature... Then there's the "Grandmaster" Title.., Grandmaster of WHAT?? i ask u.
What's the point of having a Competitive aspect in the game, when there are No Rules or No Penalties? Take the Competitive Feature out then. Why should Motorsport even have Rules or Penalties -When u Forget that IT too is Only A GAME (Not Reality).
I don't recall seeing "Demolition Derby" in the title of this game, or in the Overview of it.., BUT when u (as a company that produces a game like this) see that that's what the kids (& unfair teenagers/grownups) end up doing, why not add a Section for the Reckless Racers OR add Options for the Decent Racers to ensure that Reckless Racers cannot affect the experience they're looking for.
My Forza Timeline:
•FH3-Start my Forza Career
•FH2-My hunger for more Horizon
•FM5-Free with XB Live Gold
•FH4-End my Forza Career
•FM6-Free with XB Live Gold
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:00:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Briisace Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Pasted below are the overviews for both Forza titles.

Forza Motorsport 7 immerses players in the exhilarating thrill of competitive racing. From mastering the new motorsport-inspired campaign to collecting a wide range of cars to experiencing the excitement of driving at the limit, this is Forza reimagined.

Get Forza Horizon 4
Live the Horizon Life when you play Forza Horizon 4. Experience a shared world with dynamic seasons. Explore beautiful scenery, collect over 450 cars and become a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain.

In all seriousness Motorsport is for serious racing, Horizon is for everything else, they say that in the overview where it is for sale. Basically you are told what it is then you buy it if you like it.
Why do motorsport fans keep buying this game and trying to change every aspect of racing to be serious?
Lighten up, put your crash helmet away, wear a chicken suit and go nuts. Otherwise wait 2 years for the next release.

When I first bought FH3 I asked why wouldn't we have Bathurst being an Australian racing game. I was promptly shot down by so many people in here telling me Horizon will never have proper race tracks as it is NOT a serious racing game and would take away from the other title. I would assume any aspect of serious racing such as control of wall riders etc would also be absent from Horizon for the same reasons.

This wall riding complaint in Horizon is ridiculous, what do you do when your faced with an unrealistic jump in the same race ? Do you drive around it for realism or just turn a blind eye and jump?
Try turning a blind eye with the corners if your competition rides the wall and goes faster than you, join the fun and ride the wall better and faster if your good enough.

I just hope the future updates give us something to last 2 years in Horizon because I don't buy motorsport, it would be unfair to spend the whole release changing things to suit serious racers so they can have a new release every year and leave the fun loving casual rocket pilots and kids nowhere to play.






Brilliant post. The people trying to turn the game into FM 7.5 won't like it, but sums up what most horizon fans think perfectly.



I don't agree 100%, since people frown upon wall-riding even in NFS and there's stuff in the game to suggest Playground took measures against corner-cutting (an abundance of destructible fences on the track's edges, for example), which implies they acknowledge wall-riding as an issue, but I agree with the general tone of Evil Brain's post. This line of thought that Horizon should mirror the competitive environment of Motorsport originates from people who think of each Forza installment as a successor to the last one, regardless if it's Horizon or Motorsport. T10 made the mistake of catering to this part of the fanbase in FM7 and it backfired greatly, as FM veterans got burnt by the relaxed approach of FM7 while FH fans stayed on FH3 and didn't see the need to move on.

These games need to be fundamentally different down to their core, because there's no justification for two titles if one is a mirror image of the other but on open roads. In fact, doing so would kill Forza Motorsport in a very short time, since Horizon has much more sales potential as a casual game these days. That's why T10 is doing the right thing with regards to moving the Motorsport game towards simulation and competitive play while Playground seems to have done the opposite with FH4. It remains to be seen, however, if FM veterans are ready to sacrifice gamey elements such as unrealistic builds and short sprint races in favor of more simulation, and if FH veterans (they're a thing now) are ready to accept their game has zero relevance on e-sports competitive environments.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#74 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:06:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IXx Morbid xXI Go to Quoted Post

I dunno if I'd say it's not fair... Anyone can wall ride.


It's nearly always proved to be slower than properly taking a turn for me. Perhaps that's due in part to my preference to race in B-D class, rarely going above A for events. On the other hand, strategically bouncing off drivatars in a corner is frequently cathartic and beneficial.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:10:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Briisace Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Pasted below are the overviews for both Forza titles.

Forza Motorsport 7 immerses players in the exhilarating thrill of competitive racing. From mastering the new motorsport-inspired campaign to collecting a wide range of cars to experiencing the excitement of driving at the limit, this is Forza reimagined.

Get Forza Horizon 4
Live the Horizon Life when you play Forza Horizon 4. Experience a shared world with dynamic seasons. Explore beautiful scenery, collect over 450 cars and become a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain.

In all seriousness Motorsport is for serious racing, Horizon is for everything else, they say that in the overview where it is for sale. Basically you are told what it is then you buy it if you like it.
Why do motorsport fans keep buying this game and trying to change every aspect of racing to be serious?
Lighten up, put your crash helmet away, wear a chicken suit and go nuts. Otherwise wait 2 years for the next release.

When I first bought FH3 I asked why wouldn't we have Bathurst being an Australian racing game. I was promptly shot down by so many people in here telling me Horizon will never have proper race tracks as it is NOT a serious racing game and would take away from the other title. I would assume any aspect of serious racing such as control of wall riders etc would also be absent from Horizon for the same reasons.

This wall riding complaint in Horizon is ridiculous, what do you do when your faced with an unrealistic jump in the same race ? Do you drive around it for realism or just turn a blind eye and jump?
Try turning a blind eye with the corners if your competition rides the wall and goes faster than you, join the fun and ride the wall better and faster if your good enough.

I just hope the future updates give us something to last 2 years in Horizon because I don't buy motorsport, it would be unfair to spend the whole release changing things to suit serious racers so they can have a new release every year and leave the fun loving casual rocket pilots and kids nowhere to play.






Brilliant post. The people trying to turn the game into FM 7.5 won't like it, but sums up what most horizon fans think perfectly.



I don't agree 100%, since people frown upon wall-riding even in NFS and there's stuff in the game to suggest Playground took measures against corner-cutting (an abundance of destructible fences on the track's edges, for example), which implies they acknowledge wall-riding as an issue, but I agree with the general tone of Evil Brain's post. This line of thought that Horizon should mirror the competitive environment of Motorsport originates from people who think of each Forza installment as a successor to the last one, regardless if it's Horizon or Motorsport. T10 made the mistake of catering to this part of the fanbase in FM7 and it backfired greatly, as FM veterans got burnt by the relaxed approach of FM7 while FH fans stayed on FH3 and didn't see the need to move on.

These games need to be fundamentally different down to their core, because there's no justification for two titles if one is a mirror image of the other but on open roads. In fact, doing so would kill Forza Motorsport in a very short time, since Horizon has much more sales potential as a casual game these days. That's why T10 is doing the right thing with regards to moving the Motorsport game towards simulation and competitive play while Playground seems to have done the opposite with FH4. It remains to be seen, however, if FM veterans are ready to sacrifice gamey elements such as unrealistic builds and short sprint races in favor of more simulation, and if FH veterans (they're a thing now) are ready to accept their game has zero relevance on e-sports competitive environments.


Another well thought out post. It's almost restoring my faith in this forum.
8 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error