This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 5:12:00 PM(UTC)
First, BIG THANKS to turn10, in this state, the game is very very good, the best racing game ever made. I regret the physics were not like this at the release of the game.
I have all the racing games (iRacing, rF2, R3e, F12018, DR, Dirt4, AMS and FH4 of course) and now i have uninstalled most of them and I play only Forza 7.
I admit that the physics update is for wheel users, and i will be happy to share the settings.

What is very good in Forza 7 and needs to be in Forza 8:
-graphics : it's the best racing game, awesome graphics, i laugh about rF2 or all other poor graphics. at 4K with rain or night, the framerate is very smooth, Shame on rF2, AMS or all outdated 3D ISI games .
-physics : with the update, the physics are awesome (200 with "road feel" setting is so good), it needs to be improved, but Oh my god, just go on this way.
-cars list and track list : all major tracks/cars are presents. Maybe add both right/left side wheel, it's frustrating that our favorite car has not the good side.
-H shift with all cars, it's nice to use our H shift, most of the games don't allow this, we buy H shift to not use it.

What part of the game needs an improvement :
Sim settings:
-Qualify
-Full pit stop animation
-Better fuel/tyre wear
-Grid position choice (Random is not enough at all), it's a shame in this state!
-More AI, if we have a decent PC we can race with 100 AI on the Nordschleife, others major games have the feature.
-Liveries for all cars, some of the best cars, like the Formula Ford has only 1 livery, and AI can't use custom liveries.
-Day time choice ! It's a shame that we can't choose.
-Random weather, we can only choose a scenario, a real random weather could be epic !
-night and rain for all tracks.
-FOV and seat settings, it's one of the biggest missing features.
-Replay save for ALL the race, and not only 15 min !
-360° wheel rotation animation !!! since many years, it's 90°, all other games have 360° or more ! come on, it's a shame in this state.

I understand there won't be Forza 8 for 2019, Forza 7 in this state it's just the best racing game ! For Forza 8, Turn10 needs to work hard about Simulation features, cause it's the worst part of the game.
So delete rF2, AMS, iRacing or all others outdated sims, Forza 7 is the next generation !
Turn 10, listen to the usres, and all could be awesome, if you want the sim racing crown. But please just listen, you make the game, but we use it. It's like the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, only available for the racers of an obscure tournament. So you have created the free 2019 version to make happy all the massive complainers ! The users win, cause Turn10, you have stopped to make so much Forza very fast and you undesrtand that games like rF2, Raceroom or Assetto have more than 5 years of life (GTA is the best example how Rockstars make the most copy sold game, they create a project that needs time, and with a Forza every two years like Project cars, you are become the "arcade, not serious, only for kids" game.

The time is come to take the crown !

Edited by user Wednesday, December 26, 2018 5:33:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 4:24:39 PM(UTC)
1. Motorcycles
2. Engine torque steer (not as much as PCars2 though)
3. Less shiny more realistic look
4. "Simulation Steering" Leaderboard,Time Attacks and Races.
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 9:09:06 PM(UTC)
I have posted this previously on another thread, but I’ll edit and add a few goods point others have made and re-post here.

Generally, I think Motorsports as a series has missed the opportunity (since release of horizon games) to become a more serious sim racer as a point of differentiation. Eg. Horizon = Bit Silly in Good Fun / Arcade Racer / Caters for new and younger player base. Motorsport = Serious but rewarding / Sim Racer / Caters for existing and older player base.

Here's 10 point list of things I would like to see in Motorsport 8;

1. Expand League Racing for Multiplayer; Driver Level System that rewards clean racing and finishing position, Group players according to Level, Ghost lapped cars, Add endurance races to Leagues.

2. Strategy in Endurance Racing; Animated Pit stops, Simple Tyre strategy (Hard, Soft, Wet), Fuel consumption, 1 Lap Qualifying, Mechanical issues (see point 5), Lap Delta. F1 2018 does this well.

3. Custom Championships; Let us choose Circuits, no of laps, Qualifying, etc. Horizon 3 did this well with Blueprints.

4. Zero to Hero Career; Start in Karts or “reasonably priced car” (e.g. Spec Maita), progress to touring cars and eventually F1. Minimum difficulty and prize money should increase each tier to encourage players to improve. Only after you complete successful Pro Racing career should you afford to have a 50 Supercar garage like Lewis Hamilton.

5. Realistic Upgrades; No 6.2ltr twin turbo Willies Jeep, a 1960's Datsun road car has chassis rigidity of a wet noodle is near uncontrollable with 600hp, an 1100hp 3ltr should have awful powerband, should heat soak and have horrible fuel and tyre consumption over race distance. Extremes should compromise durability and drive-ability, reward smart balanced tuning and development.

6. R&D Parts; Access to one-off Special Parts for each car (Forza Edition Parts?) that doesn’t increase PI (eg. 911 Exhaust with +2hp & -1kg weight) for hard earnt achievements (eg. complete 200 laps in a 911 ) for players to be more competitive with their favorite cars. Current Forza Edition cars with silly wings and CR bonus are very disappointing. Let us build our own “special” cars.

7. Paintable Race Helmets and Suits; Sorry but GT Sports Helmet and Suit system is just miles better than the gimmick we got in FM7.

8. Race Car Preparation; Weight Reduction, Chassis Prep and Function Aero that has corresponding visual upgrade. Remove back seats and audio, install race buckets, Lexan windows, Steering wheel, Exhausts, Wings, splitters, canards, diffusers, rear view mirrors, remove road accessories (ariels, indicators, etc). GT6 did this well.

9. Delete Unpopular Cars; SUV's, Wagons, Vans are waste of space, Eg. Ford transit or Willies Jeep. (put it in Horizon not Motorsport). Add cars like those in FM4, Mines R34 GTR, HKS Time attack Evo, DTM and Super GT Touring cars….. Oh and Ferrari F2004. :)

10. New Real World Tracks; Tsukuba (Japan), Fuji Raceway (Japan), Imola (Italy), Classic Spa (Belgium), Monaco GP (Monaco), Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Canada), Phillip Island (Australia), Pikes Peak (USA)…

As long term and loyal Forza player I'd much prefer to wait another year or two longer for Motorsport to return as a legitimate sim-racer. Leave the costumes, SUV's and general Arcade stuff to the Horizon Games. Anyway, That's my 2 cents... Hope Turn 10 is listening.
#4 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 7:32:14 PM(UTC)
Here is my list of recommendations for Forza 8, taking into consideration Forza 7 as the starting point.

GRAPHICS:
1. 4K and 60fps should be definitely the target at least on XsX.
2. Improve the overall ambient lighting, and how it affects the environment. Now Forza 7 has most of the races to be overbright or too dark.
3. Improve and introduce the particle effects (sand, dust, etc etc), improve the rain effects (especially the rain marks on track) and in general the textures of the environment (tarmac, marks on the road, kerbs, grass, sand, etc etc).
4. Introduce the FOV settings (even if in a basic form like GTS).

SOUND:
1. Short and sweet. Just refer to how the sound is implemented in Assetto Corsa or Assetto Corsa Competizione. The difference with the dull sound of Forza is evident. This should be their target benchmark.

GAMEPLAY
1. Deliver less cars and less categories (who cares about trucks, come on) but with much more sophisticated physics for each of them. Every car should matter, should have its clear identity.
2. Improve the physics, introducing tyre heating, tyre pressure, tyre wear and tyre compound.
3. Improve the suspension physics.
4. Introduce the setting for having all electronic assists (ABS, TCS, etc etc) set to 'Factory', to experience the real handling condition of the actual real counterpart.

MISCELLANEOUS
1. Improve the UI , the latest Forza 7 has menus designed by an intern after a 24-hour non stop trip in La La La Land movie.
2. Improve the Free Play, introduce proper Time Trial mode, with ghosts of other players.
3. Improve the Free Play, introducing Custom Offline Championships, giving the opportunity to setup our own desired league with all parameters (number of races, tracks, number of opponents, category, qualifying, practice, length of races, dynamic weather and time, etc etc).
4. Allow replays at any time of the race.

#5 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 7:32:26 PM(UTC)
Here is my list of recommendations for Forza 8, taking into consideration Forza 7 as the starting point.

GRAPHICS:
2. Improve the overall ambient lighting, and how it affects the environment. Now Forza 7 has most of the races to be overbright or too dark.
3. Improve and introduce the particle effects (sand, dust, etc etc), improve the rain effects (especially the rain marks on track) and in general the textures of the environment (tarmac, marks on the road, kerbs, grass, sand, etc etc).

SOUND:
1. Short and sweet. Just refer to how the sound is implemented in Assetto Corsa or Assetto Corsa Competizione. The difference with the dull sound of Forza is evident. This should be their target benchmark.

GAMEPLAY
1. Deliver less cars and less categories (who cares about trucks, come on) but with much more sophisticated physics for each of them. Every car should matter, should have its clear identity.
2. Improve the physics, introducing tyre heating, tyre pressure, tyre wear and tyre compound.
4. Introduce the setting for having all electronic assists (ABS, TCS, etc etc) set to 'Factory', to experience the real handling condition of the actual real counterpart.

MISCELLANEOUS
1. Improve the UI , the latest Forza 7 has menus designed by an intern after a 24-hour non stop trip in La La La Land movie.
2. Improve the Free Play, introduce proper Time Trial mode, with ghosts of other players.
3. Improve the Free Play, introducing Custom Offline Championships, giving the opportunity to setup our own desired league with all parameters (number of races, tracks, number of opponents, category, qualifying, practice, length of races, dynamic weather and time, etc etc).

#6 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 9:07:37 PM(UTC)

GRAPHICS:

SOUND:

GAMEPLAY

MISCELLANEOUS

#7 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:09:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zotoss Go to Quoted Post

GRAPHICS:

SOUND:

GAMEPLAY

MISCELLANEOUS

ACC has terrible chasecam sounds, no. forza should still have production cars mainly. keep forza forza, not assetto forza edition
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2020 1:29:07 PM(UTC)
Here's what I want to see in FM8:

1. Improved driving physics and vehicle simulation. Especially with hybrid/electric drivetrains, heat soak, RL advanced ABS, TCS/STM, torque vectoring and active aero.

2. Improved driver aids. Both to retain simcade accessibility for less experienced players while not compromising the simulation, and to also improve realism. Driver aids should be dependent on what the vehicle actually has installed. Aids can always be used to ease the simulation, but not make it more difficult (i.e. can't drive a manual with clutch in a car with an automatic transmission, or turn off ABS/TCS in a car that doesn't allow the systems to be disabled). Upgrade parts would allow this to be changed (transmission/gearbox swaps, brake upgrades, etc). Basic beginner assists for classic vehicles with no driving aids would still be available (i.e. the drivatar shifts for the player, pumps the brakes, helps keep the car stable, etc). Assists would be able to be set per-vehicle. Vehicles with modern gear select and double clutch automatics could be driven as manual without clutch or fully automatic. More difficult settings (i.e. manual with clutch) should NOT provide an arbitrary, unrealistic cheat speed boost. If you're racing an older car with a clutch against a modern double clutch system, you will be at a disadvantage in shift speed and may want to consider upgrading the transmission.

3. More interactive vehicle systems. Like in GT Sport, blinkers should be functional, and there should be a quick and easy way to switch assists on and off during a race for cars with the ability to do so (without having to use the pause menu).

4. Overhauled upgrade, tuning and PI system. Add more detailed and realistic upgrades with ability to tune both up and down like in GT Sport.

5. More realistic damage model. Multiple difficulties ranging from roughly what we have now to very realistic, where one hard hit can take a car out of the race. Also include part reliability and ability to repair during pit stops.

6. New homologation system based around race rulesets (year, make, model, power, weight, PI, drive type, etc and also forbid/require specific upgrade parts) rather than arbitrary car groups. Most cars would be able to qualify for multiple divisions.

7. Improved livery editor with ability to paint race gear as well. Allow for higher resolution liveries instead of the blurry mess we have now.

8. Overhauled UI. The UI in more recent Forza games has been pretty bad. Scrap the mess and focus on building a usable UI this time.

9. Updated car sounds, models and animation. A lot of cars have low quality models and reused/remixed sounds and animations. This part of the game needs a major polish pass.

10. Improved AI. Scrap the drivatar system and start over. AI racers should follow race rules, not teach players to break them. Remove AI cheat handicaps on higher difficulties and make them follow the same laws of physics as the players.

11. More fantasy tracks and a route creator. The lack of new places to drive cars is one of the bigger weaknesses of the franchise right now given the insane number of cars in the game, and given the difficulty of licensing tracks the gap could be filled by some fantasy tracks. A route creator would allow the community to create even more tracks.

12. Add dirt racing. Mixed surface rallycross, dirt and tarmac rallies, and stadium events to give buggies and trucks a place to shine. This would be the biggest addition I would like to see in FM8.

13. Racing school. Add a robust racing school to the game, similar to what GT has but better and optional so it doesn't difficulty gate players from the majority of the game. The school should show the player how to control a vehicle (including drifting), how to learn tracks and learn to recognize braking points, and the rules and techniques of good racing.

14. Improved penalty system. Racing school would be great, but needs to be backed up a penalty system that discourages dirty driving. AI racers should be able to receive penalties as well, and the system should be active in career/campaign races. Should be able to be customized or turned off entirely in custom races.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 1, 2020 4:55:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:00:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
Here's what I want to see in FM8:

1. Improved driving physics and vehicle simulation. Especially with hybrid/electric drivetrains, heat soak, RL advanced ABS, TCS/STM, torque vectoring and active aero.

2. Improved driver aids. Both to retain simcade accessibility for less experienced players while not compromising the simulation, and to also improve realism. Driver aids should be dependent on what the vehicle actually has installed. Aids can always be used to ease the simulation, but not make it more difficult (i.e. can't drive a manual with clutch in a car with an automatic transmission, or turn off ABS/TCS in a car that doesn't allow the systems to be disabled). Upgrade parts would allow this to be changed (transmission/gearbox swaps, brake upgrades, etc). Basic beginner assists for classic vehicles with no driving aids would still be available (i.e. the drivatar shifts for the player, pumps the brakes, helps keep the car stable, etc). Assists would be able to be set per-vehicle. Vehicles with modern gear select and double clutch automatics could be driven as manual without clutch or fully automatic. More difficult settings (i.e. manual with clutch) should NOT provide an arbitrary, unrealistic cheat speed boost. If you're racing an older car with a clutch against a modern double clutch system, you will be at a disadvantage in shift speed and may want to consider upgrading the transmission.

3. More interactive vehicle systems. Like in GT Sport, blinkers should be functional, and there should be a quick and easy way to switch assists on and off during a race for cars with the ability to do so (without having to use the pause menu).

4. Overhauled upgrade, tuning and PI system. Add more detailed and realistic upgrades with ability to tune both up and down like in GT Sport.

5. More realistic damage model. Multiple difficulties ranging from roughly what we have now to very realistic, where one hard hit can take a car out of the race. Also include part reliability and ability to repair during pit stops.

6. New homologation system based around race rulesets (year, make, model, power, weight, PI, drive type, etc and also forbid/require specific upgrade parts) rather than arbitrary car groups. Most cars would be able to qualify for multiple divisions.

7. Improved livery editor with ability to paint race gear as well. Allow for higher resolution liveries instead of the blurry mess we have now.

8. Overhauled UI. The UI in more recent Forza games has been pretty bad. Scrap the mess and focus on building a usable UI this time.

9. Updated car sounds, models and animation. A lot of cars have low quality models and reused/remixed sounds and animations. This part of the game needs a major polish pass.

10. Improved AI. Scrap the drivatar system and start over. AI racers should follow race rules, not teach players to break them. Remove AI cheat handicaps on higher difficulties and make them follow the same laws of physics as the players.

11. More fantasy tracks and a route creator. The lack of new places to drive cars is one of the bigger weaknesses of the franchise right now given the insane number of cars in the game, and given the difficulty of licensing tracks the gap could be filled by some fantasy tracks. A route creator would allow the community to create even more tracks.

12. Add dirt racing. Mixed surface rallycross, dirt and tarmac rallies, and stadium events to give buggies and trucks a place to shine. This would be the biggest addition I would like to see in FM8.

13. Racing school. Add a robust racing school to the game, similar to what GT has but better and optional so it doesn't difficulty gate players from the majority of the game. The school should show the player how to control a vehicle (including drifting), how to learn tracks and learn to recognize braking points, and the rules and techniques of good racing.

14. Improved penalty system. Racing school would be great, but needs to be backed up a penalty system that discourages dirty driving. AI racers should be able to receive penalties as well, and the system should be active in career/campaign races. Should be able to be customized or turned off entirely in custom races.

completely new neural AI was confirmed, with artificial boosting, its based off of forzaRC players, fantasy tracks were confirmed coming back enlarge too,
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:01:26 AM(UTC)
have 2 states: "wrecked" and "driving" in the first one when a player crashes and completely wrecks himself (no more moving/racing on that race) and they leave, the wreck stays on the track. However when a person leaves in a driveable car in the lobby the car will be "possesed" by a bot and finish the race

Notification

Icon
Error