4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:17:49 AM(UTC)
i wish bmw m8 , the same as forza 7 please
#77 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 10:32:03 AM(UTC)
Frustrated with the "Holidays are Coming" Co-op championship? Try this build and tips:

So I have sent a suggestion about this already, so preamble first. This event was more suited to April Fools than it was for a holiday special event. Of all the classes and tracks, this event has the worst combination of weather, vehicle restriction, road surface, and track layout possible.

A: Restricted to trucks meaning Unimog or the two racing semi.
B: Tracks have dirt. Racing Semis have road surface racing slicks.
C: Wet tracks with second event being heavy rain means that it is even worse with the racing semi tractors.
D: The tracks have really long straights on pavement though, meaning any unimog advantage with being able to drive on the dirt is gone as the fast AI zips past.
E: sharp bend and narrow turns means the trucks just dont have the radius to turn whereas the Drivertars can slotcar turns. So gotta bounce the wall or come to a near stop
F: The Drivertars are the problem. In the Co-op, they rubberband heavily and slot rail. So the Drivertars now have excellent traction in dirt along with their speed in their racing semi's

So that is where the frustration starts for the event. You have a selection of vehicles only suited for half the track while the Drivertars (especially the lead truck) can perform fine on all. You will never be able to match pace a drivertar Iron Giant in your own, no matter the tune. They just plow in the mud.

So how to solve this? There are two ways.
1. Iron giant for full speed, and wall ride every track. -Now this is the only way I have seen to be able to win. You need to get up to the lead AI off the start and then just play dirty for the entire race series. Wall ride so you can turn as fast as they can in the dirt. But this isn't how I enjoy racing and am sure many others.

2. Go Unimog.

First part of the Unimog tune. Convert to Rear wheel drive and install the 2400bhp 12.8L. The RWD gives you some flick in the tight hairpin turns, which is very helpful as well as dropping the PI in it. It still does just fine since no hills to climb. The RWD also converts it to a 6 speed making it much more manageable vs always bouncing off rev limiter. Do not adjust the body. The rear cover keeps the weight reasonable. Drive train can all be upgraded. Chassis and suspension? Can upgrade and go with the sport weight reduction. Lastly swap on whatever wheels to flavor that don't put you over the 800.

With exception of wall riding, this has been the fastest lap time build I could get with the ability to still perform and take the tight turns in the mud. Adjust the suspension and gearing to how you drive as required. The 800 PS is required because without that engine swap, it is just too slow and the drivertars walk away from you easily.

3. Tip Three, Just dont do the event.

You spend a lot of money to get this build since it was the wallrider Iron Giant that was offered in the Forzathon shop. They gifted us the Santa outfit so potentially aware of the concerns on this event. So unless you are a completionist, just don't do this event. There are more fun ones out there.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Monday, December 24, 2018 12:15:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#78 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 12:08:34 PM(UTC)
I did it with awd unimog and only slightly problem with ai i have on last track but watching back and blocking passing lane solve this. And i even didint wallride even tho that thing is really bad cornering and could have mutch better tune for cornering but im not that instersted spending lots of time to get unimog cornering better. And i actually find this kinda fun event, first event was terrible tho and show pretty mutch everything that is wrong in team racing but second try was nice and could even take more harder ai.

But i give tip for everyone who choose unimog, make sure set riding height lowest possible, in first try i have more higher setup and that's roll over in second track in one corner really easily but in second try i didint have any problems with that corner.
#79 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 4:26:01 PM(UTC)
So I'm doing the Boiling Point event and I'm wondering what it means by PI 100 - 700? The other championships before this all used the regular D, C, B, A, S1, S2, X system and I'm not sure why it's different for this one and what that means for tuning a car for the event.
#80 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 4:51:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Motorfreak5 Go to Quoted Post
So I'm doing the Boiling Point event and I'm wondering what it means by PI 100 - 700? The other championships before this all used the regular D, C, B, A, S1, S2, X system and I'm not sure why it's different for this one and what that means for tuning a car for the event.

It means it'll scale to the highest PI car within that range that a player brings along, I imagine. Which means that if you could get a group of players to all bring maxed D100 Peel P50s (like herding cats!) the event should be easily beaten even on Unbeatable.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#81 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 5:47:18 AM(UTC)
I am clearly winning races in Hopped up but it still racks me as second. My last attempt I won all four races but was racked second for the first three and finally 1st for the last race which meant I lost the championship. What else can you do apart from win every race?
 2 users liked this post.
#82 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 6:06:36 AM(UTC)
are you checking the times after each race and making sure you actually won?where people are on your screen isn't where they are in actuality.There is some big time lag,esp on pc,I was consistently 1-2 car lengths ahead of people and still coming up 2nd like you,its a little better on xbox,just gotta keep trying
''I should get paid for my hobbies' --millennial logic
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 6:18:12 AM(UTC)
I'm guessing that what it must be Thanks, I have a fast connection here but am playing on PC. I did manage to win my next attempt so now have the Rip Rod ;0)
#84 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 3:10:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripcom Go to Quoted Post
I am clearly winning races in Hopped up but it still racks me as second. My last attempt I won all four races but was racked second for the first three and finally 1st for the last race which meant I lost the championship. What else can you do apart from win every race?

If you're playing against AI Drivatars, the game sometimes loads in two drivatars for the same account name, and one of those drivatars gets the total of points that both of the drivatars earn while the other gets zero.

https://forums.forzamoto...totals.aspx#post_1026722
#85 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 3:48:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripcom Go to Quoted Post
I'm guessing that what it must be Thanks, I have a fast connection here but am playing on PC. I did manage to win my next attempt so now have the Rip Rod ;0)

What Rip Rod? I got a super wheelspin o.o

Oh nvm it's PvP. guess I'll have to upgrade something for it.

Edited by user Saturday, January 19, 2019 3:53:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 1:50:23 PM(UTC)
Same problem here! I've been trying to win the Rip Rod for the past 30 attempts and this last one I came in at 4th, 1st, 1st, and 2nd and all I got was a Wheelspin. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. To top it off, every time I finish the Seasonal Championship I get bugged from when my character is walking to the vehicle and half of it is the white room with the hologram billboard in the back and half of entering the Juggernaut menu.

Edited by user Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:32:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#87 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 1:48:40 PM(UTC)
You can't really base things on what you think you see happening in "real time" on your individual screen due to the latency/lag between players. However, you can try to get as fast a tune as possible and utilize manual gear shift to help reduce your frustration of never winning the drag race championship series and missing out on your Hotwheel Rip Rod.

Seeing as everyone was using a 1932 Ford Coupe, I wanted to be different...

Step 1: Get a Ford Coupe 1940 (No you don't need to get a 1932)
Step 2: Download my Tune under gamertag Jadigafer7 for the 1940 Ford Coupe
Step 3: Use Manual transmission (doesn't need clutch, I don't use traction or stability control either)
Step 4: Enter Seasonal Hopped Up event under PVP mode
Step 5: Follow this Shift Timing: First shift at 30-35mph (48-56kmh) for on tarmac and 25-30mph (40-48kmh) on the beach, All following shifts at 7,000RPM (or a split second before @ 6,900rpm so your revs don't start hopping). I shift a little sooner on the beach drag (6500rpm for 2nd and 3rd gear, 7000rpm for 4th, 5th and 6th). See times below to see if you are reaching optimal gear shifts.
Step 6: Congratulations you won a Rip Rod.

Hopped Up PVP Results

Edited by user Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:02:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error