4 Pages1234PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:21:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kashu 420 Go to Quoted Post
Great the Capri FE a reason to do ranked adventures, too bad even if you come in first every race you can still lose ranking if you team loses. I mean what more are you supposed to do, wreck the other team so yours wins? That what it feels like at this point...

Don't know what to tell you, it should have been painfully obvious from the initial idea that it would never work. It is really hard to fathom what on Earth they were thinking. They should not be putting hard to get stuff as rewards to reward wreckers and cheaters but hey that's Forza. Get out in front, defend yourself or be stomped on and pushed out of check points. I'm clean as can be but it is literally impossible to do in this game.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:42:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:29:44 AM(UTC)
Christmas is Coming!
Is it just me or is anybody else having an issue with this season trial? i have played it 2 times and made sure i came first and the whole team wins but still no santa outfit? am i doing something wrong?

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 2:49:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#28 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:56:42 AM(UTC)
Anybody managed the target on the Mam Tor danger sign yet? Tried multiple cars and I'm still about 40m short, it's infuriating.
 6 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:58:27 AM(UTC)
Great the Capri FE a reason to do ranked adventures, too bad even if you come in first every race you can still lose ranking if you team loses. I mean what more are you supposed to do, wreck the other team so yours wins? That what it feels like at this point...

Your best chances to become a grandmaster in this game would be to join a good team. That is how most people get up on top of the ranking boards. Winning a match against a team of 6 organized skilled players is almost impossible in this game, because even if you manage to beat them all, chances are big your team members are less fortunate.

I feel sad to see how games these days become to focus so much about playing the games with a team of friends. Sadly many games decide to go this direction, perhaps due of youtubers and twitch streamers that make this kind of game design look great.
This reminds me of sea of thieves all over again, where solo players also were pushed away due the primairy focus on team play. More and more games are like this :(

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 12:00:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 12:32:07 PM(UTC)
The Mam Tor danger sign is tough... after over an hour of trying, my best is 1,151 ft so far.
#31 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 12:56:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
The Mam Tor danger sign is tough... after over an hour of trying, my best is 1,151 ft so far.

I got 1222 ft in S1 toyota baja truck in first try but once again seasonal pr stunt dont work.
#32 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 1:42:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

I got 1222 ft in S1 toyota baja truck in first try but once again seasonal pr stunt dont work.

I was just about to say, I haven't seen a seasonal PR event on my map (PC) in at least two full cycles. In fact, I don't think I've seen one since the first 2-3 seasons after launch.
 2 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 2:08:17 PM(UTC)
The game told me I'd be getting a VW pickup truck. I was fired up, then I logged in and instead I got a boring Corvette and Camaro. Mildly disappointed, but mostly bemused by the ongoing minor issue with that pop-up notification.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#34 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 2:25:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post

Don't know what to tell you, it should have been painfully obvious form the initial idea that it would never work. It is really hard to fathom what on Earth they were thinking. They should not be putting hard to get stuff as rewards to reward wreckers and cheaters but hey that's Forza. Get out in front, defend yourself or be stomped on and pushed out of check points. I'm clean as can be but it is literally impossible to do in this game.

Fortunately FFA adventure coming season 5
#35 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 2:36:14 PM(UTC)
With Fortune Island included in the mix, this is the best set of seasonal content so far - simply because there's so much more of it than ever before.

It's still a little rough around the edges. The PR stunts don't always show up, but more reliably than before I guess. Sometimes the map shows ALL PR stunts when you click "show on map" from the season screen. And I believe there should've been four seasonal events PLUS the trial, not including the trial as it is now, right?

In the grand tradition of trial events, the truck thing is a horror show, but kind of hilarious. I wonder who thought it's a good idea to put these more or less undriveable cars up against unbeatable drivatars. It also took forever just to get through the three races once.

The danger sign was relatively easy with an offroad-capable Agera RS. I think I used Jonk's tune.
#36 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 2:39:07 PM(UTC)
Having an issue with it being one of the stupidest events I've encountered in a racing game since bowling pins on the Top Gear test track. I can't speak to not receiving the reward for winning, since I can't get into a winning co-op.

GG, Playground. G. G.
#37 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:07:30 PM(UTC)
Here is me doing the Mam Tor danger sign in case it should help anyone to see how it can be done. I used a TVR Sagaris FE tuned to offroad spec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFfTBoUtH7o
#38 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:37:41 PM(UTC)
I have never had any problems with weekly forzathons, except, every time it requires me to drive 10 miles, it simply does not work. A few weeks ago this happened with the Ford Capri, and now it is the same problem with the new weekly challenge. It really doesn't matter where i drive in free roam or for how long. I've even completed the seasonal championship on Fortune Island, where you have to drive a buggy.

I don't know why but i am still stuck at 0.00 km.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:39:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:47:47 PM(UTC)
Which buggy are you using? I did it with the Exocet.
#40 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:56:11 PM(UTC)
First i tried it with Alumi Craft Class 10 FE. I have completed 3/4 of the weekly challenge with this buggy and i used in the championship.
I also tried to make progress by driving the Exocet. Still doesn't work.

I'll try a different buggy and will also switch to singleplayer.

#41 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 4:10:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
The game told me I'd be getting a VW pickup truck. I was fired up, then I logged in and instead I got a boring Corvette and Camaro. Mildly disappointed, but mostly bemused by the ongoing minor issue with that pop-up notification.

Boring ??!! Those are the best cars so far out of the pass. I'm looking forward to the vw truck too but these cars are awesome!
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 5:42:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BUTTRE5S Go to Quoted Post
Christmas is Coming!
Is it just me or is anybody else having an issue with this season trial? i have played it 2 times and made sure i came first and the whole team wins but still no santa outfit? am i doing something wrong?

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]
Did not get the Santa suit either. My team won all 3 events. I defeated either 3 or 4 of the AI in each of the events. The suit is still locked. I submitted a support ticket.

I am not looking forward to redoing this event. (lol)

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 5:43:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:01:29 PM(UTC)
Yep, Turn 10 is trolling with the ranked adventure prizes this series. One of the rarest cars as a grandmaster prize, and three of the cars up for grabs you can just get at the Autoshow.
#44 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:19:06 PM(UTC)
Also did the trial on unbeatable and won 2 out of 3. Did not get the suit.

EDIT: I just realized I did it on a rental. That’s probably why, huh?

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:08:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:32:04 PM(UTC)
It's unfortunate that it took until the 2nd race for my entire team to rage quit the co-op event. Because once they stopped ramming me into walls, I was actually almost able to catch up to the AI.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:55:49 PM(UTC)
I tried the Iron Knight but it loses too much traction on the dirt sections. Bought the Unimog and got a tune for A Class. Won the second race despite the griefers on my team. Seriously!

I now have the Santa suit to go with the Santa hat & Tash.

Everything else has unlocked as expected.
HSV
I just want one!
 2 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:45:37 PM(UTC)
This week's Trial Co-Op Championship highlights all the problems with the AI in this game. Nothing better than driving a bunch of slow trucks with bad steering to show how the AI cars during team trial co-ops still aren't affected by the environment, still handle like they are driving on rails, and rubberband so bad you can literally see them get a 20-30mph boost out of no where and go flying by you. The more time that goes on with this game, the more I get turned off by the team co-op races. Good luck trying to actually place first against unbeatable avatars when the AI cars perform like they are using hacks.
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:18:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: saturnsl1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

Boring ??!! Those are the best cars so far out of the pass. I'm looking forward to the vw truck too but these cars are awesome!

I've never been a fan of Camaro (for the longest time I thought they were just ugly versions of Trans Am), and the last style of Corvette I really liked was '63ish (not counting the customized stingray in Corvette Summer).
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#49 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 2:35:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
First i tried it with Alumi Craft Class 10 FE. I have completed 3/4 of the weekly challenge with this buggy and i used in the championship.
I also tried to make progress by driving the Exocet. Still doesn't work.

I'll try a different buggy and will also switch to singleplayer.

Having the same issue myself. Ariel Nomad, Alumi FE, VW Baja Bug both on mainland and Fortune Island. Driven for miles and miles but progress is stuck at 0.0/10 miles. I'll try the Exocet but not holding out much hope at this point....
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 3:39:50 AM(UTC)
Here is me doing the Mam Tor danger sign in case it should help anyone to see how it can be done. I used a TVR Sagaris FE tuned to offroad spec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFfTBoUtH7o

That was a massive help thank you, managed to get 377m, not sure what that is in feet ! Tried so many other cars but they all seemed to lose traction or a bit of speed over the bump just before the jump.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error