This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:38:56 PM(UTC)
The crashes I use to get are gone, I been playing quite a bit the last few days and I have not had a single crash since the last update to the game or an Update to Nvidia drivers, not entirely sure what fixed it for me, had to of been 1 of them 2 things.
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 7:02:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: eastman753 Go to Quoted Post
After being unable to play the game for a while, I decided to check these forums for a fix and/or status update on the issues. But it seems like none of the known problems are related to the problems I've been having. I have multiple desktop PCs, and on neither does FH4 run properly:
PC 1 specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Asus Strix B350-F Gaming
32GB DDR4 2933MHz
2TB Seagate Firecuda 5400rpm SSHD (game install)
500GB Samsung 860 EVO (C: drive)
Asus Strix 1070
PC 1 issue - Every time I open the game, it crashes on the initial startup screen; I can't even get to the main menu. PC restart, game update, graphics driver update yield no results.

PC 2 specs:
Core i5-4670k
Asus Q87M-E/CSM
32GB DDR3
1TB WD Blue 7200rpm (game install)
1TB WD Blue SSD (C: drive)
Asus GTX 960 Turbo 4GB
PC 2 issue - The game opens and runs great; but after approximately 5-10 minutes the PC hard crashes. Before the last game update and Nvidia drivers the PC would freeze and have a buzz come from the headphones or speakers and would be unresponsive until unplugged/power supply switch was flipped. After the last game update and Nvidia drivers, the PC now just straight turns off; if left to its own devices it will continuously begin to boot and then immediately shut off again (rinse repeat, endlessly).

PC 1 can run FM7 perfectly, along with any given game in my library. But FH4 will not run at all.
PC 2 can run most games in my library (restriction is GPU spec), but the games it can run, run well.
I have not had the time, or patience, to test FH4 on my gaming laptop, or reinstall the game on my desktops. I have also not tried FH3 on any of my PCs (recently), nor have I tried FM7 on my 960 PC. FM7 has run on my laptop in the past, but it is not currently installed.

The hard crashing REALLY **** es me off. I've spent too much money on my desktops for them to just up and totally crash like that, I know for a fact that it's only this game that causes any issues. And to be honest, every Forza game past the FM6:Apex thing has had some type of significant issue.
FM7 caused my laptop to BSOD on numerous occasions. FM7 used to always crash when the screen transitioned to all black. FH3 used to cause horrific screen artifacting, and it also caused some hard crashes and it corrupted graphics drivers on a few occasions. FH3 also used to have the same issue that my Ryzen PC has, except it would crash even earlier.
I won't be submitting a ticket for issues that shouldn't exist in the first place.

This describes my problem word for word. Every other game works perfectly fine, except this @^#@^% game that I invest most of my free time in. It has now, I'm assuming, corrupted my save because I can't even play it on Xbox now. This is so infuriating, because it's a game I enjoy (when it actually works), and spent hours searching, racing, collecting, and tuning all the extremely rare cars (Ford PO, Porsche PO, GTR PO, Merc PO, Mclaren PO, ZL1 PO...Ford Capri FE) and now this stupid game doesn't even boot up. I've recorded what happens https://youtu.be/MuKF0vw4Tfk this just ticks me off thinking about it again. This needs to be rectified. $100 and ridiculous amount of hours invested in something that is unplayable. I have a ticket number, but it doesn't matter because it looks like it's not getting fixed. I guess I'll go back to the Crew 2.
 1 user liked this post.
#78 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 2:18:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Red R0tor Go to Quoted Post

This describes my problem word for word. Every other game works perfectly fine, except this @^#@^% game that I invest most of my free time in. It has now, I'm assuming, corrupted my save because I can't even play it on Xbox now. This is so infuriating, because it's a game I enjoy (when it actually works), and spent hours searching, racing, collecting, and tuning all the extremely rare cars (Ford PO, Porsche PO, GTR PO, Merc PO, Mclaren PO, ZL1 PO...Ford Capri FE) and now this stupid game doesn't even boot up. I've recorded what happens https://youtu.be/MuKF0vw4Tfk this just ticks me off thinking about it again. This needs to be rectified. $100 and ridiculous amount of hours invested in something that is unplayable. I have a ticket number, but it doesn't matter because it looks like it's not getting fixed. I guess I'll go back to the Crew 2.

My game doesn't even get that far on my Ryzen PC. I don't even have an Xbox to test the game on (the whole reason I have two desktops is for one of them to stand in for an Xbox).
If I were to upload a video of my i5 machine, I'd need to get out a video camera so I could actually get a video of what happens
If there's a cosmic alignment, I'll be there to see Teredo work.
#79 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 5:40:55 PM(UTC)
I was just casually cruising on a public free-roam session and having some highway quick races with other people when suddenly it just crashed out of nowhere. It's a shame it hasn't been fixed by now. It sucks to play while having the feeling that the game can crash at any moment. Smh.

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c38df32
Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c38df32
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000029440dc
Faulting process ID: 0x7b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4af8d2b857f74
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.239.620.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.239.620.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report ID: a659eb55-32e5-417f-b321-da7aa43d1ab8
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.239.620.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

Edited by user Friday, January 18, 2019 5:43:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 3:15:02 PM(UTC)
Another crash. Came to a forzathon area (about 7 minutes until the start) and stepped away for 2 minutes. After coming back, the game wasn't running (so it crashed to desktop again). Ok, I launch the game, and then a window pops up:

Syncing data...

We should be done soon!

I almost had a heart attack, because some people have said they lost all progress (don't know if this was the cause).

After about 10 minutes (the progress bar didn't work,it showed 0% all the time), the game started and everything seems to be fine.

This is crazy and completely unacceptable for a game that costs more than 80€.

#81 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 11:18:45 AM(UTC)
Has anything been done?

I am up to 480 forzathon points lost because of this, and that's just in the last 3 days. Yes, I am keeping count. You should be able to switch cars without it crashing almost EVERY TIME.

I was using the Ram TRX for the off-road danger sign over by Ambleside and the next round was a switchback speed zone, so naturally I was going to switch to my FXX-K for higher speeds and sorry, BLACK SCREEN. It seems to happen if you switch cars starting the 3rd round. The last update hasn't helped AT ALL. The game is very quickly losing it's fun since you can't do basic things without a crash at random times.

I play on Xbox.
#82 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:12:48 AM(UTC)
Game just crashed again for me during a Forzathon event. Last stage Xbox 1X @ Skildat Watch in #1 T100 Baja Truck ? This is a weekly event just now. First time reported as it’s **** me off now !
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 5:40:20 AM(UTC)
Well, its been a week now and my game has officially erased my 4 months of progress. It started me back to the very beginning with no money and worst of all, none of the rare cars I worked extremely hard for (Level 2 prestige sublevel 395). This is infuriating and I'm at the point where I want this rectified or I want a refund.

Edited by user Thursday, January 24, 2019 5:41:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 1:21:36 AM(UTC)
Please make sure that you submit a ticket alongside attaching any screenshot or video capture if you can alongside a dxdiag (PC) if you can.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
#85 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 6:22:37 PM(UTC)
Ticket filed.
#86 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 1:29:38 AM(UTC)
hallo, i have a problem, i can not play online he say, my DNS is mabye not good. but i dont no wwhat i must do.

Please help me what is the problem and what i must do.!!!!!
#87 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 9:23:53 AM(UTC)
I finally got fed up with the crashes during forzathon live and submitted a ticket. Now up to 540 forzathon points lost in the past two weeks (still keeping count). It has begun freezing and kicking me back to the Xbox home menu when I am waiting for the forzathon live to start, usually when the countdown timer gets to between 9-7 seconds, causing me to restart the game and completely miss the forzathon live.

Play on Xbox
Ticket #22387
#88 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 6:40:19 PM(UTC)
You'll never get this game right, crashes still to this day, 5 times today, 6 times yesterday, that's normal now, Its expected. Time to wrap this embarrassing mess in trash bags, chain some cinder-blocks to it, fire up the boat, head out to sea and straight "Dexter" this corpse....then you can focus on more important things like making a Fortnite clone, just make sure you outsource every single aspect of development and programming! LOL.....actually its boo-hoo cause this is indeed sad times....
#89 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2019 5:16:40 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Sunday, February 3, 2019 7:46:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2019 5:50:37 AM(UTC)
This, (FH 4) absolutely has to be the most horrendous game to get working on a modern day pc that I have ever come across.

Purchased last week, I have tryed for a full week now going through the different "solutions, fixes, workarounds", but still no further forward.
Disable this, disable that, change this , change that, increase this, decrease that, what a load of BULL.
Dont even ask me to start a ticket or ask me for my specs, im running on recommended requirements.
Im DONE with all this crashing cráp.

P.S

To be totally honest here, Im not even bothered about waiting for the monitors decision to post my message, the exact same post is going
on other customer review sites, and message boards.

DONE

#91 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 6:06:30 AM(UTC)

I have exactly the same problem as your video. I've tried every solution I could think of or find and it's still the same. Last resort was to delete FH4 and reinstall but now every time I try to download it from Microsoft store I get an error message saying it couldn't download. The same happens when I try to download anything from Microsoft store now too.

#92 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 7:08:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PricySoap343663 Go to Quoted Post
This, (FH 4) absolutely has to be the most horrendous game to get working on a modern day pc that I have ever come across.

Purchased last week, I have tryed for a full week now going through the different "solutions, fixes, workarounds", but still no further forward.
Disable this, disable that, change this , change that, increase this, decrease that, what a load of BULL.
Dont even ask me to start a ticket or ask me for my specs, im running on recommended requirements.
Im DONE with all this crashing cráp.

P.S

To be totally honest here, Im not even bothered about waiting for the monitors decision to post my message, the exact same post is going
on other customer review sites, and message boards.

DONE

Tell me about it. I got it on launch and have had continuous issues. Every time I finally solved an issue (manually) another one popped up. Plus, I paid full price for the ultimate edition, so jokes on me I guess.
#93 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:33:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: H1LLIER26 Go to Quoted Post

I have exactly the same problem as your video. I've tried every solution I could think of or find and it's still the same. Last resort was to delete FH4 and reinstall but now every time I try to download it from Microsoft store I get an error message saying it couldn't download. The same happens when I try to download anything from Microsoft store now too.

Temporarily change your DNS.

Do step 2 only. Change the settings, save and then try again. Should take you 1 minute.

https://www.thewindowscl...server-might-unavailable

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 12:34:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#94 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:13:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Temporarily change your DNS.

Do step 2 only. Change the settings, save and then try again. Should take you 1 minute.

https://www.thewindowscl...server-might-unavailable

Thanks for the tip. I managed to get it working before I saw your reply. I've re-downloaded FH4 and it's not crashing any more.

To get Microsoft store working again I disabled startup programs and disabled non windows services using msconfig then rebooted. Found that MS Store was working again so I enabled startup programs and non windows services again using msconfig and rebooted again. I planned to disable services one by one until I found which one was causing the issue but after rebooting with everything enabled, bizarrely it was still working. I re-downloaded FH4 and that worked too. I'm guessing some game file(s) were corrupted as it seems unlikely that me fiddling around with msconfig would have fixed my FH4 problem. Either way everything is back to normal for me now
#95 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 4:19:38 PM(UTC)
Platform: PC
Specs: Gtx 960
amd fx-8500
16 gb ddr4 ram

Same thing happens for me, basically Forza Horizon 4 starts up, then plays the music for a bit bringing up 10 studios or whatever, then crashes. Bringing me that splash screen. I'm starting to regret my $60 purchase considering $30 games have better support than this.
#96 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 8:12:55 AM(UTC)
Lost my progress
#97 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 6:26:35 AM(UTC)
the game is unplayable after the new update, i start up the game and after 2-3 minutes it just crashes, i have never had anyproplem with crashing, i have tried to reset the game and download it again

this is getting realy anoying

Sincere Spacialbobcat
 1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 11:54:53 PM(UTC)
Is there anyone here occur a crash while playing endurance race?

I was not online or anything, so it happened offline.

I love playing long races like 10 mins per lap (with the circuit i made of course) for 5 laps (about an hour)

Last week, the crash just happened after 4 laps or the final laps (yes it sucked to crashed after an hour race)

after a while, i reduce the race to 3 laps only, i survived once... but now? Nope, crashed again in the middle of second laps.

Before the race, i was free roaming, customizing cars for 3 hours, and nothing happened.

I update every single driver and windows correctly, and didn't run any other programs other than Horizon 4 while playing.
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 4:29:10 AM(UTC)
Is there anyone, ANYONE, around the globe who can fix this piece of horse dung of a game?

Tryed EVERYTHING there is for ages now to get it running more than 5-10 minutes without crashing to desktop.

Has to be this horse dung of a game, or Microsoft Store, because, if you google the two,, there is a plethora of articles about
the incompetence that exists.

How is it, I can play, and this is on STEAM, either Project Cars, Dirt 4, even Dirt Rally, for hours, and Days, WITHOUT one interruption?

Whole lot Stinks

Roll on 26th February

#100 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 2:44:31 AM(UTC)
Since the new update (6), the game is constantly freezing. Time after 1 minute, sometimes after 20 minutes.
Is there a fix for that?

I have tryed an older GeForce-Driver (388...) and now the newest. But the game crashes constantly.

SOLVED:
I resettet the game in the windows options. "reset app".
Now I could play for half an hour without any problems. I then test even longer at the evening.
But it seems to work.

EDIT:
Yes, it works properly. Also the onlinemode has no interruptions or blackouts. Very cool. :)

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:22:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error