This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 6:25:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkSideDaMoon Go to Quoted Post
...if it's anything like FH3 won't be fixed for months.

This hits the nail on the head.

#52 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 2:18:33 AM(UTC)
I think the problem is in my Xbox, i tested this game on a shopping center for 30 minutes, and the game runs really fine, (the game was running on a Xbox One Fat) i think i'm gonna sell my Xbox and buy another (obvious, this is gonna take a while, but this may be the solution)
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 3:07:36 PM(UTC)
Support Xbox One
The game crash in Race Batham Gate, i cant progress in game...3 day for install and i can't play, i' m very happy...
#54 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 12:57:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Felipegames7645 Go to Quoted Post
I think the problem is in my Xbox, i tested this game on a shopping center for 30 minutes, and the game runs really fine, (the game was running on a Xbox One Fat) i think i'm gonna sell my Xbox and buy another (obvious, this is gonna take a while, but this may be the solution)

The problem is not in our hardware. [Mod redacted - D]. And getting the problem fixed for Forza Horizon 4 is taking too long; people are losing interest in the game.

I've turned my computer upside down trying to solve this issue for weeks. None of the community fixes have resolved it, not even a clean installation of Windows. I even went as far as putting in two extra RAM-sticks to make it 32 GB after hearing it had something to do with memory but that didn't do jack.

Playground, at least you could provide us with some updates on if you have identified the issue, or ae close on doing so...

Edited by user Tuesday, January 8, 2019 10:20:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#55 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 7:36:19 AM(UTC)
@Vikingdude2121, @MurderousPandaz, @Sorokin31, @SirNoobsterio, @RamazanKacan, @Felipegames7645, @Jam1ja -- Have you submitted a ticket relating to you issue? If you haven't please could you submit a ticket here to help us pin point the cause.

@Crash Test Wolf -- Please could you let me know the ticket number in relation to your request?

@Bounty44 -- Please can you submit a ticket using the above link and attach the Dump Summary.

@NaydeShifter -- I'd always submit a ticket despite whether we have an identical ticket or not as every ticket helps.

Thanks for all the information.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
#56 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 3:44:41 PM(UTC)
PC or Xbox: PC
Moment in which the crash occured: Random - Freeroam, forzathon, main menu, racing
Description: The game just freezes at random times (some times "unfreezes" for a fraction of a second) and then just closes to desktop
One time only or multiple times: Multiple times
Ticket submitted #: 18957

Totally disappointed, i literally upgraded my pc (new GPU, RAM and PSU) just so i can play this game, i bought the game a week ago and not waited for other "ways" to play it and now this issue makes it completely useless!

It worked for the first couple days great and i played for hours, but then suddenly it started to crash 1 or 2 times a day and yesterday it was impossible to play because it was constantly crashing. Now, i have to keep my pc running for another 18 hours for the game to download again (because apparently in 2019 there is no physical medium to sell the game in) and reinstall, since reseting the app throught the windows settings doesn't keep the original files!

Again, TOTALLY disappointed and the worst gaming experience until now! Seriously thinking to request a refund, maybe if everyone that have this issue asks for refund will push the studio to make the game playable.
#57 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:31:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: koobiii Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post

Currently aware of:
- Crashes relating to the moment of "Pressing A to start"
- The player 'crashing' back to the main island > Not a crash, may be due to the player not setting the festival as the home base on Fortune Island

Oh, that's awesome. Are you also aware of that the game simply shuts down with no error message whatsoever while doing something literally random? Waiting for Forzathon Live to begin? Crash. Playing Forzathon Live? Crash. Driving around in free roam? Crash. Racing? Crash. BROWSING A MAP? CRASH. It looks like simply someone else pressed the close button during my playtime. XD

Also, it keeps disconnecting from Horizon Life sessions. :)

Thanks for ruining the game just in time for Christmas holidays. Gotta make these $$$ from broken expansions!

This is my experience almost word for word. Except for it disconnecting from the online sessions. The crashes never happened to me before the update, but now it is totally random. There isn't one particular thing that causes a crash for me. It just happens at random....in the menu, in the garage, in a race, in Forzathon live, etc... The crashes have gotten more numerous over the past week. Now, I sometimes have 6-7 crashes per day. I haven't submitted a ticket because there are no error codes, no warning, no nothing. That and the fact that I would have had to have submitted a butt load of tickets by now. It's getting ridiculous.

Edit: I play on Xbox.

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:35:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 12:10:37 AM(UTC)
Sooo you chose to not share if you're close on resolving the problem?
#59 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 1:29:18 PM(UTC)
Moment in which the crash occured: Random - Freeroam, main menu, racing
Description: Game freezes for a few seconds then quits to desktop (no prompt or error message)
Ticket submitted #: 19497

I've been playing the game for hours the last 2 days without any problems. Then today the crashes started.

I did not change any settings (game or windows). Just started up the game and as soon as my car and my house appeared on screen, it crashed. Second attempt crashed somewhere in the upgrade menu a few minutes after starting up the game. Now it just crashes randomly a few minutes after start or sometimes immediately after loading into game world. The game is now basically unplayable for me.

Specs:
Geforce GTX 970 4GB
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
16GB DDR4 RAM

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2019 2:50:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 8:40:24 PM(UTC)
I have noticed last two days that when I start the game up with my wheel connected, the game freezes and shut down with no error message and go back to windows as soon as I get in to the game.
When I do not have the wheel connected, the game starts fine and runs for a long random time even if the wheel is connected after log in.
But game still freezes and shut down randomly after some time with no error message and go back to windows
#61 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 2:29:41 PM(UTC)
The issues persist, not as many people complaining about the issues because nothing has been done, its been over a month and alot of people have given up and moved onto other games, I will be doing so as well after I finish up the achievements.
Forza Horizon has been the pinnacle of the racing genre since the inception of the 1st Horizon but has allowed Need for Speed to take over due to lack of support, communication and updates.
Here are some of the issues that still continue to this day:

Crash to dashboard during Forzathon Live(usually during round 3 but can happen at any time including moments prior to the start)
Sound lag/freeze usually when joining a session or returning from a race
Have won "Wah wah wah wah" horn 5 times in wheelspins yet still locked
When switching cars in freeroam, thumbnail pictures of the cars are mixed up and incorrect anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes or more

And we are supposed to be excited that there is another expansion coming after the current expansion has ruined the game.........
#62 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 3:05:00 PM(UTC)
I've opened a support ticket about 2 hours ago (so the devs has as much data as possible). From what I've been reading today on these forums, I can consider myself extremely lucky (I didn't know that crashing was such a big problem for many people).

I bought the game on December 23 (also purchased the VIP and season pass after a few days) and I've been playing a lot (and I mean A LOT) with only 2 or 3 crashes (altogether, not per day) up until today. But today, the game crashed twice after 10-15 minutes. No error message, nothing, just crash to desktop. I won't be playing the game until the crashing is fixed, I simply can't enjoy it while waiting for another crash.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but a few days ago, I bought Gears of War 4 (also playing on PC). That game also crashes every 10-20 minutes. I was barely able to finish the campaign and just deleted the game shortly afterwards. Their solution is to install an old Geforce driver (I'm not going to do that). I can guarantee you that it's not my PC (the hardware), it's either the game, Nvidia drivers, or Windows.

Horizon 3 had a similar issue about a year ago, took them months to fix it. While waiting for the fix, I completely lost interest in playing FH3 (never went back), and I'm afraid it's going to happen again with the FH4.

I'm really hoping the new patch is the solution to these problems, otherwise I'll just delete the game and play something else.

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2019 3:06:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 8:55:11 AM(UTC)
I cant play the game since last 2 week.
Game freezing after 2-3 minute
I cant see any error messaging
Last year Horizon 3 had a similar issue about a year ago, took them year almost

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2019 11:45:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#64 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 1:27:29 PM(UTC)
Description: when I change/leave a menu who need to "load" something, I get some crashes. Most of the time, it's happen at the end of a race, after the rewards. It already happens when I left the garage of Horizon Festival on main island, but also when I was in in this same garage and switching between idk ... Garage and Auctions for exemple. It's pretty random imo...
One time only or multiple times: multiple times (maybe like 5 or 6 times just today in 3h of gameplay) since this season only. I really insist on this point cause before this season (spring), I had crashes only when my GPU driver wasn't updated or really occasionnaly, not enough anyway, to notice something wrong. It's not the case anymore...
Ticket submitted #: Nope

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2019 1:28:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 2:00:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gantiix Go to Quoted Post
Moment in which the crash occured: Random - Freeroam, forzathon, main menu, racing
Description: The game just freezes at random times (some times "unfreezes" for a fraction of a second) and then just closes to desktop
Ticket submitted #: 18957

Totally disappointed, i literally upgraded my pc (new GPU, RAM and PSU) just so i can play this game, i bought the game a week ago and not waited for other "ways" to play it and now this issue makes it completely useless!

It worked for the first couple days great and i played for hours, but then suddenly it started to crash 1 or 2 times a day and yesterday it was impossible to play because it was constantly crashing. Now, i have to keep my pc running for another 18 hours for the game to download again (because apparently in 2019 there is no physical medium to sell the game in) and reinstall, since reseting the app throught the windows settings doesn't keep the original files!

Again, TOTALLY disappointed and the worst gaming experience until now! Seriously thinking to request a refund, maybe if everyone that have this issue asks for refund will push the studio to make the game playable.

UPDATE: I have reinstalled the game and it seems to work better, i'm playing the few last days a lot and had only two crashes, but i haven't travelled to fortune island this time because i saw that there is an issue with this expansion and maybe this was my problem too! I can't say for sure but maybe this is what happen in the first place, because i think that the first couple days i played i hadn't gone to the island and i didn't encounter any crash.
#66 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:23:42 AM(UTC)
Moment in which the crash occurred: Before Update 5: On the load screen between the start menu and the house or after 5 mins of playing. After Update 5: On the load screen between the start menu and the house every time.
Description: Crashes with a grey screen for a second and then back to desktop, no error code or anything. Haven't even been able to play at all. Still happening after update 5 today.
One time only or multiple times: Multiple Times
Ticket submitted #: 19759

I personally think that it is utterly ridiculous how I've payed £80 for a game that doesn't even work properly. I think that instead of focusing on content updates, that underlying problems that are preventing people from playing the game should be attended to before content updates so people can actually play them!!! mini rant over...
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 7:08:58 AM(UTC)
Moment in which the crash occurred: Complete random. Last on Freeroam Rush, Class A summer
Description: Game freezes, after a few second closes to desktop
One time only or multiple times: Multiple Times, complete ramdom
Ticket submitted #: 20323

This piece of s* is more unstable than FO76. Good job guys...
#68 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 10:14:20 AM(UTC)
PLEASE.... Do something about these crashes! I have lost over 200 forzathon points the past two days because of it. It will never happen in round 1....noooo, it always waits until the end of round 2 or into round 3 and then whaddya know... totally froze again. This is getting extremely old. I pre-ordered the ultimate edition before it came out, so it's kinda hard to swallow paying $100 for a game that might work well, and might not.

Edit: The player that posted right before me describes exactly what's going on with my game.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2019 10:16:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added Information

#69 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:24:41 PM(UTC)
PC or Xbox:PC
Moment inwhich the crash occured: I buy this game ago a month and still from last update and now, the game crashes after about ~10/15 and rare after ~30 of free-roam/after a race.
Description: Drop spike, no crash report pop-out, just 1/2 seconds of black screen and the game shutdown.
One time only or multiple times: Multiple times, one month and still not fixed.
Ticket submitted #: 19733
#70 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 2:01:56 AM(UTC)
I don't know it the latest update was supposed to fix crashing (stability improvements in the change log), but the game crashed two times yesterday (free roam, thankfully after a forzathon, about 15 minutes apart). It's so infuriating, because you have to wait and watch those long useless unskippable intro logos. Maybe make them skippable in the next game? Dealing with crashes would be much easier.
#71 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 11:59:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MSY Go to Quoted Post
I cant play the game since last 2 week.
Game freezing after 2-3 minute
I cant see any error messaging
Last year Horizon 3 had a similar issue about a year ago, took them year almost

I tested game and I think game have memory issue
When the game start do not select any car and enter the cocpit and wait least 2 minute dont play game
After 2 minute when the game play game not freezing or crashing
#72 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 12:23:35 PM(UTC)
Some people say resetting the game in the windows settings or uninstalling and reinstalling the game helps. I would just like to confirm whether this resets in-game progress or not as I don't want that to happen.
#73 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 1:39:44 PM(UTC)
I've heard that on pc resetting the game through the windows settings or uninstalling and reinstalling can fix some of the issues. I just wanted to be sure that resetting the game doesn't delete my progress before I did it. Does anybody know?
 1 user liked this post.
#74 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:24:52 PM(UTC)
After being unable to play the game for a while, I decided to check these forums for a fix and/or status update on the issues. But it seems like none of the known problems are related to the problems I've been having. I have multiple desktop PCs, and on neither does FH4 run properly:
PC 1 specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Asus Strix B350-F Gaming
32GB DDR4 2933MHz
2TB Seagate Firecuda 5400rpm SSHD (game install)
500GB Samsung 860 EVO (C: drive)
Asus Strix 1070
PC 1 issue - Every time I open the game, it crashes on the initial startup screen; I can't even get to the main menu. PC restart, game update, graphics driver update yield no results.

PC 2 specs:
Core i5-4670k
Asus Q87M-E/CSM
32GB DDR3
1TB WD Blue 7200rpm (game install)
1TB WD Blue SSD (C: drive)
Asus GTX 960 Turbo 4GB
PC 2 issue - The game opens and runs great; but after approximately 5-10 minutes the PC hard crashes. Before the last game update and Nvidia drivers the PC would freeze and have a buzz come from the headphones or speakers and would be unresponsive until unplugged/power supply switch was flipped. After the last game update and Nvidia drivers, the PC now just straight turns off; if left to its own devices it will continuously begin to boot and then immediately shut off again (rinse repeat, endlessly).

PC 1 can run FM7 perfectly, along with any given game in my library. But FH4 will not run at all.
PC 2 can run most games in my library (restriction is GPU spec), but the games it can run, run well.
I have not had the time, or patience, to test FH4 on my gaming laptop, or reinstall the game on my desktops. I have also not tried FH3 on any of my PCs (recently), nor have I tried FM7 on my 960 PC. FM7 has run on my laptop in the past, but it is not currently installed.

The hard crashing REALLY **** es me off. I've spent too much money on my desktops for them to just up and totally crash like that, I know for a fact that it's only this game that causes any issues. And to be honest, every Forza game past the FM6:Apex thing has had some type of significant issue.
FM7 caused my laptop to BSOD on numerous occasions. FM7 used to always crash when the screen transitioned to all black. FH3 used to cause horrific screen artifacting, and it also caused some hard crashes and it corrupted graphics drivers on a few occasions. FH3 also used to have the same issue that my Ryzen PC has, except it would crash even earlier.
I won't be submitting a ticket for issues that shouldn't exist in the first place.
If there's a cosmic alignment, I'll be there to see Teredo work.
#75 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:31:27 PM(UTC)
I'm getting crash on xbox one there are multiple. they don't have any sort of pattern. one time when I was doing a wheel spin other when doing a forzaton or championship when just driving but another thing is I always had this smillar issue since launch but all other games are fine I never have played more than 2 hour of this game. I love this game but its just unplayable.
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error