This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2018 1:08:41 PM(UTC)
The autocross mode hasn't gotten any love since release, the same 4 events have been there since release. There is the air field and test track, why not provide a tool to create your own AutoX layouts on one of these open tracks? Maybe even a Gymkhana mode/creator?

Its cool to have it in the Rivals mode, and I have no complaints about that but FM1 had a "parking lot" type of AutoX that I miss dearly.

Turn10 whilst its not on your radar expanding this mode would be a nice touch and would require no additional licensing or anything, just open up the possibility of more car classes, if you can't add a custom editor for AutoX maybe a random generator of AutoX layouts on the air field? Tis the only game that even offers such a thing and its been kinda of hidden and forgotten :(
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2018 7:50:46 PM(UTC)
I've also been wanting Autocross in FM7 for quite a while now, but it seems like they most likely won't do anything with it. But it's understandable since drag and drift are a lot more popular than autocross in the Forza community, but I still wish there was an update dedicated to autocross just like the updates dedicated to drag and drift. Add a couple of variations of current tracks with autocross cones (Or even bring in previous autocross tracks from FM6), make it playable in free play and test drive, and add a rivals section. That would open up an entire other thing to do in FM7. Since I mainly only do circuit racing, I don't do Drag or Drift as often as others and I don't plan on getting super involved in either of them. Autocross, though, would be a blast. I would be in autocross a lot.

As for a tool for making autocross tracks, that might be tough to implement unless they did something similar to Forza Horizon 4's Route Creator, but I assume the coding for that wouldn't be compatible for Forza Motorsport 7.
Still learning to tune. Probably will always be learning. If anyone wants a decent track tune, message me on Xbox.
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 7:43:19 AM(UTC)
I would be happy if they just made it a free play option, make an autocross variant of each track and let you run any car you want.
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 6:50:00 AM(UTC)
An amazing feature would be an autocross builder so you could place cones on any map & then share that map to the community. Sort of like Horizon Blueprint. I think that would be fantastic.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:38:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:10:34 AM(UTC)
What was wrong with the perfectly good A-Class autocross from Forza 5 and 6, and will we ever see it return in Forza 7?
#6 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 4:10:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: thecargeek09 Go to Quoted Post
What was wrong with the perfectly good A-Class autocross from Forza 5 and 6, and will we ever see it return in Forza 7?

At the very least I wish we could have it in 7.

I hope the developers are at least thinking about autocross being a little more than a couple of showcase and rivals events.
Still learning to tune. Probably will always be learning. If anyone wants a decent track tune, message me on Xbox.
#7 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 9:48:24 PM(UTC)
I agree completely. It's inexcusable that the autoX mode in FM1 was great and has been watered down BS ever since. I started autocrossing as a teenager because of that game. Plop a dozen premade courses into the airport test track and make a new weekly event in a random parking lot / airstrip in FH4. If this game is supposed to a glimpse into the racing world for gamers, at least do justice to that first step a regular person can actually take.
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 12:32:04 AM(UTC)
Autocross should be an integral part of Forza Motorsport. Here's my opinions:

1. You should be forced to begin your career mode doing licenses akin to Granturismo and autocross should be an integral part of that. It should be one of the first challenges you need to complete before even starting your first race in either career mode, free play or multiplayer and make autocross a bigger part in career mode, especially during the rookie stages.

2. We need class based autocross for all tracks and ribbons with a few special events in Rivals such as spec autocross.

3. We need an autocross track creator, similar to Forza Horizon's blueprint system. Give us a maximum or 200 or 500 cones (depending on hardware limitations) and let us place them wherever we want on any track and allow us the ability to share the event to the public.

4. Allow us to race against friends (ghosted) in autocross in private multiplayer similar to how Trackmania implements their online system.

I think if Turn 10 implemented these 4 points, autocross would be so much fun and a really polished feature.
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 3:00:33 PM(UTC)
I enjoyed autocross in FM4.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 5:24:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
An amazing feature would be an autocross builder so you could place cones on any map & then share that map to the community. Sort of like Horizon Blueprint. I think that would be fantastic.

I like this idea.... please put in FM8.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:18:52 AM(UTC)
Seeing as Turn 10 didn’t include class-based autocross rivals at all like during the time they supported Forza 7 like they did in Forza Motorsport 5 and 6, what could a possible reason as to why they didn’t do the same for Forza 7 be?
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:27:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: thecargeek09 Go to Quoted Post
Seeing as Turn 10 didn’t include class-based autocross rivals at all like during the time they supported Forza 7 like they did in Forza Motorsport 5 and 6, what could a possible reason as to why they didn’t do the same for Forza 7 be?

The game wasn't designed around class based racing. Instead, T10 went full tilt to car divisional based racing which resulted in a lot of negative feedback.

Autocross has always been a niche game type and was likely forgotten when class based leaderboards finally came out.

Notification

Icon
Error