This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 12 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 11:32:43 AM(UTC)
TMT
Three Minute Tune

Build your car and write down weight of vehicle and weight distribution %.
Tires: 28/28 (after entering all tuning settings, run telemetry to set hot tire psi in the 32.0-33.0 range.)
Transmission: Set final drive to desired speed if it’s adjustable.
Camber: Stack default on top of -2.0/-2.0 (ex: -1.5/-.7 becomes -3.5/-2.7)
Toe: 0/0 0/0
Caster: 7.0
Roll Bars: Divide default in half
Springs: Divide car weight in half and multiply by weight distribution. Result is
Front spring setting. Subtract front spring setting from half weight of car.
Result is rear spring setting. (ex: 2000/2=1000. 1000x.46=460, this is front
spring setting. 1000-460=540, this is rear spring setting).
Ride Height: As low as possible without bottoming out.
Rebound: Stack .5 on top of default (ex: 8.9/9.4 becomes 9.4/9.9)
Bump: Multiply default by .3 (ex: 6.1/5.8 becomes 1.8/1.7)
Aero: Full down force, move front and rear all the way to the right
Brakes: 40/110
Differential: RWD 9/27 FWD 33/0 AWD 33/0 60/60 80

Edited by user Saturday, October 4, 2014 4:39:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 11:58:14 AM(UTC)
I've seen and tried everything befuddler, and that there looks like pretty sound advice. But where is the ARBs?
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 12:29:54 PM(UTC)
Pretty good job befuddler...just tried this on a couple of cars and ran a quick test. Very good as base tunes to then tweak away. This will help many of the newcomers. Thanks for sharing.

p.s. I assumed default ARBs for now.

Edited by user Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:09:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 12:53:41 PM(UTC)
Cut the default arb in half it says.
Been racing since Forza 1...2005... NOT 2007 like it say's above.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 12:59:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: joediesle Go to Quoted Post

Oh, I see now. Read right past it some how.

1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:05:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gtFOOTw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: joediesle Go to Quoted Post

Oh, I see now. Read right past it some how.

Nope..new edit by OP within mins.

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 7:56:05 PM(UTC)
Will definitely give this a go tonight!
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 8:26:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Goonies4Life013 Go to Quoted Post
Will definitely give this a go tonight!

Goonies, I know you were looking for some tuning info/help. This (thanks to befuddler) and several other (Universal Tuning System, and so on) threads should help you. I will PM you some links. Take care buddy!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2014 11:28:40 PM(UTC)
Just tested this out on a BMW M3 for A class @ Sebring Full. The car handled very well! Obviously not Leader board times here because of all the XBows, but made the car very easy to drive! Thanks Befuddler!
 3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:04:42 AM(UTC)
Befuddler, you're a genius. For someone who just wants to "play", this system is hard to beat. I've taken about a dozen cars I've never tuned before, applied the TMT and went to the no collision A class hopper and had excellent results.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:40:43 PM(UTC)
Hi Befuddler, it's people like you who keep these community's going. I know a couple of weeks ago you had a few who challenged the last one! But with help from other people in the community you keep your head up and came back with this latest version. I have tuned a few cars and think there great! Like you said it's about fun and this gives people like me who don't really know where to start a GREAT place to start so thanks and well done ! Top guy
#12 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 6:56:22 AM(UTC)
i use similar method however i reduce the maths final spring weight by 20-25 % and flip the roll bar settings for rwd so higher rear and lower fronts also i do this with awd and mid engined cars seems to work great for me great post again keep up the good work!!
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 5:20:52 AM(UTC)
I've settled on AWD & FWD differential settings. They're not great, but they'll do for a base tune. The changes are in the original post.

Edited by user Saturday, October 4, 2014 4:41:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:16:57 AM(UTC)
On AWD I usually go 0/33 20/60 60% and work from there…maybe 0.1 front toe or bring the rear aero down to 190-195.On FWD 5/75 and less rear aero because you're doing widest rear tire glitch and 0.1 on front toe also…Gets you in the ballpark
Thanks for the TMT!
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:28:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gtFOOTw Go to Quoted Post
Befuddler, you're a genius. For someone who just wants to "play", this system is hard to beat. I've taken about a dozen cars I've never tuned before, applied the TMT and went to the no collision A class hopper and had excellent results.

I agree with you 100 percent. This has changed my life thanks to befuddler. I have tried many systems this one is hard to beat.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:39:11 AM(UTC)
can someone explain in german?
sorry my english is not so good.
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 5:07:34 AM(UTC)
This thing works pretty good. I can't tune good, but I try. This is better than I can do and all of my times are improving.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 5:24:54 AM(UTC)
AWD diff setting
Accel 17%
Deccel 7%

Accel 43%
Deccel 27%

Balance 70%

Front diff setting
Accel 80%
Deccel 15%
#19 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 2:00:58 PM(UTC)
thanks

Edited by user Friday, September 26, 2014 7:45:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 5:03:35 AM(UTC)
Holy sh$&$t dude thx so much. This actually works very well with forza 6
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2015 7:48:25 AM(UTC)
Tried them all, this works best for me since I use assists!
I use 8/35 instead of 9/27, but that's just me.
Shneeb108 / Racing SIM Tools Member
Shneeb
#22 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 10:39:50 AM(UTC)
What exactly is meant by "build your car"? I did a quick upgrade from s750 to s800. Then I followed these instructions. Then when I went to race, there was a message about illegal car.

Is this the same thing that the tuning app does?

Edited by user Sunday, November 15, 2015 12:21:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 12:19:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CadillacCTS2004 Go to Quoted Post
What exactly is meant by "build your car"? I did a quick upgrade from s750 to s800. Then I followed these instructions. Then when I went to race, there was a message about illegal car.

Build your car is exactly that, you can build it to whatever you'd like up to the PI limit of the class you are interested in racing. So, it appears (assuming) you did go to S750 to S800, so now to your 2nd question....

You (probably) exceeded the PI limit for that class and/or event that you picked. So, if you are going into Rivals/S-class make sure you accidentally did not pick a lower class. Or, some Monthly and VIP events have PI restrictions outside of the normal class limits. For example, it could be limited to S770 and so forth.

DJ Saoco
#24 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 12:26:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Build your car is exactly that, you can build it to whatever you'd like up to the PI limit of the class you are interested in racing. So, it appears (assuming) you did go to S750 to S800, so now to your 2nd question....

You (probably) exceeded the PI limit for that class and/or event that you picked. So, if you are going into Rivals/S-class make sure you accidentally did not pick a lower class. Or, some Monthly and VIP events have PI restrictions outside of the normal class limits. For example, it could be limited to S770 and so forth.

What is PI?

How can I know what the limit is?

Why can't some tunings be changed?

Does doing a quick upgrade apply the same parts as in the Upgrade Shop?

There really needs to be an in-depth, detailed manual for this game.

Edited by user Sunday, November 15, 2015 1:02:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 2:46:15 PM(UTC)

What is PI?

How can I know what the limit is?

Why can't some tunings be changed?

Does doing a quick upgrade apply the same parts as in the Upgrade Shop?

There really needs to be an in-depth, detailed manual for this game.

PI = Performance Index of the car, each class goes up to a certain performance index per class.....D/C/B/A/.....for FM5. On FM6, these start on "E" class. So, on FM5, D-class goes up to 400 PI, 100 PI increase per class.

The tunes that have been shared are lock to protect the work the the tuners have done. Yet, there are many Open Source tunes on this site (search for gtFOOTw for example, and, many on YouTube, including MoneyMan300, StellaStig, Raceboy77 and so on.

The quick upgrade sold not apply the same parts. I'd recommend you do not perform quick upgrades. Learn and do these yourself would be best.

As far as a tuning manual, look at the top sticky on the Tuners section for Worm's tuning guide. In addition, many others have written threads regarding upgrades and tuning. Just search and you will find anything you'll need here.

Hope this helps! Seems you are just starting with Forza, correct? There are also numerous guides on the web...just google these. Good luck!

DJ Saoco
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error