5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#76 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 7:13:55 PM(UTC)
I love playing in winter - I go snowman hunting!
Or grab a 4WD and plough through the snow.
Or drift on the lake.

Or just drive around with the traffic looking at the snow glistening...
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 8:27:22 AM(UTC)
Love winter (and cross country). Its a challenge. Learn to adapt, you'll be all the better driver for it.

That said, I personally prefer the Blizzard Mtn winter/game mechanics.
Every train needs a caboose, right?
 3 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 8:49:02 AM(UTC)
Ahahah this thread. Can't handle the wintery conditions ? Then ye cannae drive pal. Winter is the best season ; everything looks so pritsine, pure joy to blast those snowy roads in ma Speed 12.
Don't scrap winter nor alter it lads, just get better perhaps ?
 2 users liked this post.
#79 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:10:01 AM(UTC)
I think we need a winter season on fortune island with a white out blizzard!
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2018 5:38:21 PM(UTC)
Yes, I basically don't play during winter.

I still play the game, but you won't see me at any Horizon Live events, I have to make summer blueprints with clear weather because the two things I really enjoy are fast tight corners, and drifting. I know you can drift really easily in winter, but it's boring, you're just sliding around, I like to hear the tires, see the smoke, etc. What I don't really enjoy is plowing through fields in an AWD supercar, I've grown tired of that after the last three Horizons.

Honestly the most irritating part about winter is I have to use blueprints to tune cars, would it be so hard to just give us an option to set the season in offline mode?

I think what really sours me on seasons though is that, after six days of snowy roads, we get spring, which is six days of constant rain, and honestly in a racing game, it just gets old. In the first hour I spent playing Fortune Island, I had 3 minutes of no rain, and 57 minutes of slippery drenched roads, which was soooo much fun with that huge drift zone...

I wouldn't mind rain, it's supposed to rain in spring, but not constantly, but it does in this game and I'm just over it.

And I'm only really posting this so OP knows that, yes, there are players that don't play during winter, you are in fact correct.

Now someone who's bored or just absolutely loves winter can come and quote this post and say that "winter is the best, everything is so pretty" or that I'm just bad at the game during winter and I need to "git gud" because that pretty much sums up most of the responses to this thread.

Edited by user Sunday, December 16, 2018 5:44:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#81 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2018 6:20:37 PM(UTC)
I’m one of those quitters. I live in the Rockies, and like he said, i get more than my fill of winter driving. it’s not that i’m bad at sliding around, i just don’t want the hassle (i’m not saying get rid of winter tho. i just play another game that week like a snowbird)

another thing though is that the main thing i do in this game is photography, and winter photos are not my thing at all, i really don’t like winter or cold weather and it puts a big damper on my creativity when i think everything looks awful and cold. i’ll leave it for others

i do wish i could set the season in offline mode though. i have to play offline most of he time now because i want to actually hear my car, they might as well let me have full rein of my neutered experience

Edited by user Sunday, December 16, 2018 6:22:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: autocorrect needed a lot of help

FH2 - - FM6
#82 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 1:27:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aumanil Go to Quoted Post
I love winter! It's my second fav after spring.

I just recently started to play this game and my first season after the quick year that shows you all the season was a day of Autumn then winter, I am finding it extremely difficult to do speed zones in the winter and have simply decided to put the game down until the next season rolls along. Not sure how long I will play this game, just knowing that winter will be back and an entire week in it makes me think that maybe I won't play at all. Winter is bleak and the entire screen is white and it just gets depressing after a while, so yeah.

My 2 Cents
 2 users liked this post.
#83 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 3:10:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CyberKnightUSA Go to Quoted Post

I just recently started to play this game and my first season after the quick year that shows you all the season was a day of Autumn then winter, I am finding it extremely difficult to do speed zones in the winter and have simply decided to put the game down until the next season rolls along. Not sure how long I will play this game, just knowing that winter will be back and an entire week in it makes me think that maybe I won't play at all. Winter is bleak and the entire screen is white and it just gets depressing after a while, so yeah.

My 2 Cents

Or, you could practice and learn how to drive in the snow/Winter - everyone here was new at some point, we all had to learn.

Different seasons bring different aspects, bring different skills - you should at least give it a go, try a couple of Winter seasons, try some different cars and tunes. That - to me - is a part of the game, learning new skills and overcoming some parts you may not initially like.
#84 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 3:16:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CyberKnightUSA Go to Quoted Post

My 2 Cents

You can still play custom races, or online multiplayer and then you will get all four seasons all the time.

You are right that the speed zones are best left until winter is over.
#85 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 4:41:08 AM(UTC)

No, everyone wasn`t "new" to winter (rolleyes)

Not only winter but no attractive cars to win., Me I reinstaller Horizon 1
Gt: fairlane305
 2 users liked this post.
#86 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 6:25:32 AM(UTC)
I jus get my winter toys out.
#87 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 6:30:48 AM(UTC)
It's the only season where there's a worthwhile difference.

That drivel we got told before release that 'seasons change everything' in the game only holds any weight during winter.

I'd say make the most of it, whether you like it or not it's certainly the only season with a proper identity and feel of it's own.
#88 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 7:08:09 AM(UTC)
eliminator iz fun you can see all the trees to drive inbetween thru
#89 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 10:13:18 AM(UTC)
I hate winter as well. Its like driving on skates most of the times. Worst part is when, you have a daily forzathon bonus that says "make three stars on any drift zone". In winter. Im a terrible drifter, i basically cant drift at all and most i achieved is two stars on any drift zone. Plus do it on winter... yeah, right. Devs, seriously, really?. I will not say winter needs to be nerfed but at least, the events and other stuff should be selected in consideration.

People who "likes" winter, basically, they dont like to drive. At all.
 1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 11:09:19 AM(UTC)
When I first started playing FH4 (August 2019 I think), I found Winter to be extremely hard going, and very frustrating. Now though, Winter gives me the opportunity to give my cars a good workout with offroad tyres in road races. With a decent build and a good tune, Winter is sublime! Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
 2 users liked this post.
#91 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 11:23:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post
I hate winter as well. Its like driving on skates most of the times. Worst part is when, you have a daily forzathon bonus that says "make three stars on any drift zone". In winter. Im a terrible drifter, i basically cant drift at all and most i achieved is two stars on any drift zone. Plus do it on winter... yeah, right. Devs, seriously, really?. I will not say winter needs to be nerfed but at least, the events and other stuff should be selected in consideration.

Some of the drift zones have no snow in winter, so they're not much different to wet roads during the other seasons. The bar is pretty low on a lot of them for 3 stars. Watch some YouTube videos to see how people do it.
 2 users liked this post.
#92 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 12:11:32 PM(UTC)
As I already said somewhere else, I like to drive in winter and rain (IRL and game), so this is great opportunity to have fun all the year :)
Maybe I should be put off, as my first RWD winter experience ended with me facing wrong way and just inches short of landing in the ditch, but no, since then I much more prefer to drive RWD (20 years) then FWD (last 3 years) in winter time. Not to mention enjoying driving on nice snowy roads.
Back to the game, as just yesterday I was doing the business again with my friend and we also had loads of fun. About races and PR stunts, maybe you can't get top positions on snow, but its fun trying and tuning :)

Anyway, I hope FH5 keeps the seasons.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 1 user liked this post.
#93 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 12:35:17 PM(UTC)
Took me 20 - 25 to get a drift zone 3 stars. Finally on Lego I got one. lol There are longer drift zones on the expansions it seems like. Less points to get on longer zones. Makes it easier. Frustrating, car always either spins in a circle or flings itself out of the zone. It's maddening. I don't know and I think others too how to hold the drift. It just stops drifting eventually. Can't wait for the 3 drift taps on Wed... Drifters should be happy this week, you have a few things to do.

Edited by user Monday, September 14, 2020 12:39:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#94 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 12:57:59 PM(UTC)
You've intrigued me to try it now (I don't usually bother with the daily things unless I get them just by playing).

edit - did it first try in a Formula Drift Viper at the Horizon festival drift zone.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FHFHEt-H6Q

Edited by user Monday, September 14, 2020 1:13:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#95 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 1:13:04 PM(UTC)
the only time i wuz **** ed off in winter wuz one time

i just got the game i had learn winter a few times....

the 2nd or 3rd time in winter i had to do a speed zone and i could not do it one near the city....

that really **** ed me off then after winter i learned you could do it in the summer other seazons e z....

3 users liked this post.
#96 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 2:17:45 PM(UTC)
Firstly, it's very rare to get a daily or otherwise that says "Earn 3 stars in a..." And even rarer to say drift zone...and for it to be in Winter. It can happen but it's not like it is a regular thing. Usually it is "Earn 9 stars total in ..." So even if you have to run a thing 9 times, you'll eventually get it. And if not, well skip it. It's literally the question of 1%.

Winter driving is a separate type of challenge. Speed zones and traps are a little tougher. I have done some drift zones in Winter but admittedly it is more difficult. But in its entirety, it is not insurmountable. They have even had S2 challenges in Winter and we have proven that a decently set up car can handle it quite well. And there are still quite a few roads that are not snow-covered so you can always run events there. And as FN said, if you are ever stuck on having to do a 3-star Drift Zone, go hit the Horizon Festival. It is the easiest of the drift zones, you only need to navigate one turn. And it is never snow-covered. Never.

Quote:
People who "likes" winter, basically, they don't like to drive. At all.

Wow, pretty bold statement. I enjoy winter. I like spring, I dig summer, but I think my favorite season to drive is fall. Wet leaves can kill you though, lol. I have driven on every continent except Antarctica. I have driven on both sides of the street (intentionally and legally, lol) I have driven anything from 5hp go-carts to 500hp muscle cars. Sorry, no 1000hp supercars or dragsters...yet.

Now my collection of experiences may be somewhat unique to me, but I guarantee you, I am not the only driving enthusiast who just happens to enjoy winter driving as well.

1 user liked this post.
#97 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 3:00:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post

If you learn how to master drifting or even get half decent at it then seasons do not matter.

I personally couldn't care what season it is. I look at the challenges and choose the right car with the right setup and tune.

I can drive (and like driving) quite well for someone who doesn't mind winter.
 1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 3:14:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Firstly, it's very rare to get a daily or otherwise that says "Earn 3 stars in a..." And even rarer to say drift zone...and for it to be in Winter. It can happen but it's not like it is a regular thing. Usually it is "Earn 9 stars total in ..." So even if you have to run a thing 9 times, you'll eventually get it. And if not, well skip it. It's literally the question of 1%.

Winter driving is a separate type of challenge. Speed zones and traps are a little tougher. I have done some drift zones in Winter but admittedly it is more difficult. But in its entirety, it is not insurmountable. They have even had S2 challenges in Winter and we have proven that a decently set up car can handle it quite well. And there are still quite a few roads that are not snow-covered so you can always run events there. And as FN said, if you are ever stuck on having to do a 3-star Drift Zone, go hit the Horizon Festival. It is the easiest of the drift zones, you only need to navigate one turn. And it is never snow-covered. Never.

Quote:
People who "likes" winter, basically, they don't like to drive. At all.

Wow, pretty bold statement. I enjoy winter. I like spring, I dig summer, but I think my favorite season to drive is fall. Wet leaves can kill you though, lol. I have driven on every continent except Antarctica. I have driven on both sides of the street (intentionally and legally, lol) I have driven anything from 5hp go-carts to 500hp muscle cars. Sorry, no 1000hp supercars or dragsters...yet.

Now my collection of experiences may be somewhat unique to me, but I guarantee you, I am not the only driving enthusiast who just happens to enjoy winter driving as well.

Nice, i tried out for Nascar racing when i was a young fella, didn't have the money back then to continue.

Still have very fond memories of it and haven't really experienced anywhere near that adrenaline rush like i did the first time i took off :)
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 5:36:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

Nice, i tried out for Nascar racing when i was a young fella, didn't have the money back then to continue.

Still have very fond memories of it and haven't really experienced anywhere near that adrenaline rush like i did the first time i took off :)

Nice, I never had a shot at anything that level, but I will always burn a desire to hop in a Formula 1 type car. That would be the ultimate.

The most fun was doing autocross with a '66 Austin-Healey. Man alive, I loved that car. It's amazing what you can get out of something when you pull all the emissions off of it. lol

#100 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 6:13:52 PM(UTC)
The map looks nice in winter, but not the best for actual driving. If you live in a place with bad winters and have had any accidents or faced death during a close call due to snow it's a bit of a trigger. lol
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error