5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 1:49:08 PM(UTC)
I love winter! It's my second fav after spring.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 3:53:02 PM(UTC)
I also don't have an issue with winter, car performance hardly seem affected unless you are on a road that's properly white over... which to be fair, I'd expect. Most of the roads that aren't white over look wintry but drive almost the same as the other seasons and seasonal tyres help beyond that. The only downside is that a number of the scripted events and challenges such as worlds fastest or speed traps are far easier in summer, with some near impossible to 3 start in winter or spring so you have to pick when to do them. I think they missed an opportunity to have seasonal targets for these or at least make the events seasonal so you have to complete them at different times.

Other issue is that the default races are so short, I play mostly blue prints anyway so I can choose what weather I like.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 5:33:52 PM(UTC)
I can't stand winter.. I essentially leave the game for the entire week when it comes round. But then I suppose I strongly dislike any rally/offroad racing so that's probably why.
 3 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 6:30:34 PM(UTC)
Winter only affects single player, the multiplayer has random seasons so that makes no sense at all OP
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 6:35:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
The only thing I really dislike is how the snow tires are managed. If I download a tune from someone else, it is hard to control if they wear snow or summer tires.

2 things should generally be handled outside of locked tunes:
1. Tire choice (snow or not)
2. how the brakes behave when you pull down the trigger

When I share tunes, I make sure to specify if it is for snow or not. Also what engine it has at times. The rest is my secret.

2 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:14:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Winter only affects single player, the multiplayer has random seasons so that makes no sense at all OP

And even in SP you can Blueprint races to be any season you want.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 11:29:13 PM(UTC)
[quote=This is dissapointing that lake is in that condition that in real life wouldnt want to drive there and they could have done so mutch more with that lake, now it's just one big open area what is bad to drive and one drag strip. It would really nice to have ice circuit there i have so mutch fun when i was teenager to drive in winter on ice circuit and even now when im over 30years old it's really fun to take old volvo and power slide around those corners. Would be so mutch fun if could that in fh4 also.[/quote]

Circuits on the frozen lake might be included soon. I, along with a couple of others, submitted custom route events [for the recent contest] that take place on the ice. Hopefully one or two of these will be added to the 'blueprint' menu as 'Editor's Picks'
#58 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:47:25 AM(UTC)
A circuit that takes place entirely on the lake would actually be pretty awesome.
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 2:23:27 AM(UTC)
I have to admit I do prefer playing the game in Summer, Spring and Autumn with Winter less so, maybe it's just the blanket covering of everything in snow as to be honest in the part of the UK I am from we only really get snow when the Winters are extremely bad.
#SORRY SIGNATURE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER!#
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 3:28:16 AM(UTC)
Winter is great. Personally I get bored of driving hypercars or supercars constantly so I’m finding it great. Scenery is probably the best I’ve seen on a Forzagame. The detail is spot on. The only thing I’m not fan of is the speed zone/traps etc. They need to have a separate leaderboard for Winter to spice gameplay up.
#61 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 3:50:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sxix Go to Quoted Post
Lets be honest, this isn't even an exaggeration. Almost nobody likes the game in the winter

You are wrong. It's the best season and not that hard. Moreover you don't have to race in winter. You can choose whatever season you like.

Originally Posted by: MR SPRULES Go to Quoted Post
The detail is spot on. The only thing I’m not fan of is the speed zone/traps etc. They need to have a separate leaderboard for Winter to spice gameplay up.

At least drift zones are much easier. You can complete them on 3 stars in (almost?) every car even with assists :)

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2018 3:55:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 5:40:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GreatFlea815883 Go to Quoted Post
I was disappointed with how grippy winter is. Dirt drift zones seem to have more grip. Snowy roads are ok. "Icy roads" are hardly different from wet roads. And personally, the watery/icy road thing is disgusting. Horizon winter looks like early spring/late fall more than actual winter, which, living in Alaska, everyone knows driving in those times is almost always worse than the middle of winter (plus your car gets covered in dirt immediately, which is reflected in Horizon).

If it was true to life the winter would be just rain and winds with about 2 minutes of snow (which would bring the hold map to a grinding halt). This is the UK, we don't really do proper winters.
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 5:59:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CurriedCat Go to Quoted Post
This is the UK, we don't really do proper winters.

Exactly, either just an extended autumn but a bit colder and everyone moans or
1ft of snow and MASS PANIC!!!, no bread or milk in supermarkets and forecasts of the apocalypse....

But; I like winter and driving on snow, ice etc. Great fun last night sliding a Beetle Rally Monster around off-road scoring multiple ultimate drifts......

*wanders off singing "Let it go!"*

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:00:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#64 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:28:23 AM(UTC)
I was actually thinking earlier this week, "Dang, only two days and I have to wait three more weeks for winter."

I play way more the winter weeks.

Oh well. It's part of the game mechanic and it got us talking about it which is way better than apathy for any product.
#65 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:51:31 AM(UTC)
Nope, please don't remove snow from roads.
It's part of the variety of gameplay.
If the only thing you want is a different scenery but same gameplay, let's be honest it'll be pretty boring.

Absolutely don't do that.

I like optimising my car for winter.

To make it more fair however, i'd like winter to have it's own leaderboards for every single stuff (drift, speed trap, speed zones etc.....)

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:53:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:52:15 AM(UTC)
i don't think the seasons have much to do with it. there are fewer players in general because there isn't much replay content in the game.
sure with the release of the new game map will bring people back for a short period on that map but that doesn't help the original at all.
we shouldn't end up with 3 different games, expansions should be an expansion of the current map.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#67 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 11:15:13 AM(UTC)
I don't like winter in real life, because i prefer hot weather. That said, winter is amazing in forza horizon 4 and my playtime was mostly in this season so far.
#68 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 11:34:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
If you are going to get rid of winter features, then you might as well just throw away the whole concept of seasons. It is a fact of life that winter (in many places) means slippery roads and generally poor driving conditions. I wonder how many people complaining about it have actually done it in real life...I know I have, and I can tell you that if they truly wanted to be realistic about it, it would be much worse. I haven't found winter that difficult to drive in, as long as you know how to set up a car for winter conditions. From what I have seen, cars with snow tyres actually handle better on showy roads than street tyres do on wet roads in the other seasons.

As far as the claim that hardly anyone plays winter season, i will say that's not true. Almost every lobby I go into has the same number of players as in any other season, and I don't see any kind of big drop off in the number of people online.

99.9% of the roads in the UK in winter are not covered in snow like they are in this game. Most roads for most people, most of the time are either dry or wet, but not icy or snow covered.

They could easily keep the snow 'theme' but keep the major roads completely clear and with normal grip levels, which would be like real life.

Aesthetically the season are fine. Gameplay wise, the novelty wears off after two minutes and it becomes a tedious chore to play.

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2018 11:34:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#69 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 10:02:22 AM(UTC)
I do and don't like it, for me it really depends on my mood. In FM7, I always reload went I get an overcast skybox when its overcast IRL, since games of for escape and I don't want to have depressing weather. In the height of August, yeah bring on snow covered Mud Kickers or gloomy Nordschelife, October to April, not so much.

Winter would be awesome of it was different each to, like they said it would be. Some almost completely clear, others, full on Blizzard Mountain style, I love driving Blizzard Mountain without snow tyres and that experience just isn't quite in FM4.

A proper ice track ala PCARS 2 would be mega, always thought the lake and Motorsports Airfield were undercooked, should of had cone layouts (slalom, autocross, gymkhana, skid pan, ultra bumpy road). A mini Millbrook/Hyundai-Kia proving grounds basically.
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 10:04:31 AM(UTC)
Winter has a time and a place and being forced to drive in the snow when I don’t want to is intolerable
 2 users liked this post.
#71 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 10:31:59 AM(UTC)
I love winter and it's a lie that people stop playing in winter. I always have a enough people in forzathon. I should know it I'm level 311 with 2 stars.
I hated when people say or write things they have no ground base. Or did they monitoring all other fh4 players.
For me is winter more interesting than summer. But that doesn't mean that I want no summer.
I think after six months Playground should leave decision by the player in SINGLEPLAYER. Same for rivals.
#72 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 10:35:53 AM(UTC)
I love winter and snowy roads..

And I still drive rwd.
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 10:39:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Psychomantyx Go to Quoted Post
I love winter and it's a lie that people stop playing in winter. I always have a enough people in forzathon. I should know it I'm level 311 with 2 stars.
I hated when people say or write things they have no ground base. Or did they monitoring all other fh4 players.
For me is winter more interesting than summer. But that doesn't mean that I want no summer.
I think after six months Playground should leave decision by the player in SINGLEPLAYER. Same for rivals.

I didnt like winter at first but its clearly my favorite. Visually its amazing to look at and race through. I'm working on my 5th star and I can assure you people dont stop playing in winter
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#74 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 1:40:54 PM(UTC)
Eh, I live in Canada! Having all seasons are what I'm used to. I love winter driving in the game. I play it like real life. I have winter beaters!
#75 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 2:48:04 PM(UTC)
I love winter, the only problem with the seasons is anything bar summer makes the speed traps and zones useless to play in if you want to go well. They should be seasonal too.
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error