This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<34567PrevNext
#101 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:28:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OKC Radar Bob Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Big red 293 Go to Quoted Post
Just want to say I've enjoyed a lot of your designs; you make some of the highest quality designs I have seen in FM7. I was wondering since you did some of the throwback designs from the Rolex 24 at Daytona this year are you planning on making the throwback Porsche design they ran at Daytona and Sebring?

Thank you for the kind words Big red. Just like many of the artists here, we try hard to get it right. Now it's interesting you asked about the throwback designs from the Rolex 24 at Daytona & Sebring this year - a little explanation on why I haven't done them (yet).

I generally look through the available liveries (in an attempt to NOT duplicate designs) before I start a project. In this case, PTG MFU82 did an excellent example of the Porsche 911 #9 in the new Castrol livery (featured in Liverycomp56) and SuperSanttu94 has an outstanding example of the #911 Porsche GT Team (Livercomp55)... and both as they appeared at this years 24 Hours of Dayton. So, I decided to put it off for awhile so as to not diminish the returns of or compete with other's liveries.

Now this year seems to be pretty lean on new livery designs for GT3 & GT4, so I decided last week I will do them (along with the often-duplicated BioCircle Lambo & Wynn's AMG) - but not enter in the livery contests or anything - just to have them as part of my collection of GT3 liveries. I was contemplating doing the P2 liveries since I was really struggling to find new stuff to do, but in the end decided to continue to concentrate on the GT3's.

So in a word, yes - will be doing them and others in the weeks/months ahead. Don't forget to check-out PTG MFU82's and SuperSanttu94's stuff... I doubt I'd be able to improve much over what they've done ;-) (very nice work!)

RB

Alright, thanks for the info; I will look forward to your designs and also look at designs from the other painters as well.
#102 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 6:56:56 AM(UTC)
very nice paints. so much talent in those.
member of 2O4F #8

I race ALMS, NASCAR, IMSA, and most other full blown racecars. I do some daily tuners as well. Very little drifting.

#103 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:01:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sarverious1 Go to Quoted Post
very nice paints. so much talent in those.

Thank you most kindly sir... knowing that a few out there are enjoying these as much as I do makes it all the better :-)

RB
#104 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:03:34 PM(UTC)
So here it is - the Grove Motorsport Porsche 991 GT3 Cup as she appeared this year at the 2019 Liqui Moly 12hrs of Bathurst. I tried my best to grab a clear picture of the front graphic on the bumper (looks like a dragon or something like that) but could not find a picture of that to save my soul... so we just had to leave that one out. If anyone can direct me to a clear photo of that or know what it is so I can search for one - I'd be most greatful :-) . All the other main graphic elements were easily obtained - just can't find that darned bumper dragon thingie. Oh well, it was a nice challenge - I wanted to get out and stretch the artsy part of the paint a bit beyond my comfort zone. Between the kangaroo, flag, and the coat-of-arms - this livery did just that (and we came in at just shy of 3000 layers on each side as a result). And one other thing.... NO S's ( yeah baby - LOL - that alone made me happy as pie).

Car: 2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR
File Name: #4grove2019
Description: #4b Grove Motorsport @ 2019 Liqui Moly 12hrs of Bathurst 2/3/19

Source:

Replica:

RB

Edited by user Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:14:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#105 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:38:00 AM(UTC)
https://www.cams.com.au/...dy-for-hometown-assault

The above links to an article with picture from the front, looks like an iguana, there is a yellow/green livery with a shot from above, next link

https://www.groveracing....-grove-racing-for-b12hr

Nice paint

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:45:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#106 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:28:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTP Titan Go to Quoted Post
https://www.cams.com.au/media/news/2019/01/16/confident-groves-ready-for-hometown-assault

The above links to an article with picture from the front, looks like an iguana, there is a yellow/green livery with a shot from above, next link

https://www.groveracing....-grove-racing-for-b12hr

Nice paint

Thanks buddy - just what I needed. So from that I was able to gather it was a lizard... and knowing from previous articles I've read it said that the car had "iconic Australian graphics"... so did a web search on Australian lizards, and found out this was a picture of a frilled neck lizard. A little more searching and I hit pay dirt. The image below is a blow up of the car I'm duplicating along with what I think was the graphic made to create it. Seems like they added eyes and a shaddow - but that's the image I was looking for.

I'll certainly have to get this done soon (looks like a great weekend project). And thanks again GTP Titan - the green car images (2018 livery) and your description made it happen!

RB
#107 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 12:00:56 PM(UTC)
Got done with adding the frill-necked lizard - thanks again GTP Titan - thus completing the livery on the Grove Motorsport Porsche.
The original file had been update and shared (under the same file name as before)

Car: 2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR
*UPDATED* File Name: #4grove2019
Description: #4b Grove Motorsport @ 2019 Liqui Moly 12hrs of Bathurst 2/3/19

RB
#108 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 7:38:07 AM(UTC)
Hi Bob,

I found a car that the livery is different from the Red Bull, and Rock Star ones. its the, 2016 BMW M4 GTS/GT4, the Livery would be of the No.28 ST Racing/Samantha Tan Racing BMW GT4 of Miller and Gottsacker, That won the second race last weekend at the Laguna Seca in the Pirelli GT4 America race. with the limited use of my left hand, its a little tough to do detailed work.

Hope your weekend was great.

John

#109 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 5:22:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JohnQ364 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Bob,
I found a car that the livery is different from the Red Bull, and Rock Star ones. its the, 2016 BMW M4 GTS/GT4, the Livery would be of the No.28 ST Racing/Samantha Tan Racing BMW GT4 of Miller and Gottsacker, That won the second race last weekend at the Laguna Seca in the Pirelli GT4 America race. with the limited use of my left hand, its a little tough to do detailed work. Hope your weekend was great.
John

Perfect timing - right in the finishing stages of my current project so I'll be able to get started on this within a couple of days. Looks like a fun livery - layout work mostly. I looked briefly for pictures... seems like enough of them are out there - that's gonna be the main issue (as always). I saw a video available on the Laguna Seca event so I probably will be able to get needed views of the racer that I can't get from the available photos on the net.

Weekend was great as always - better since I took this week off work (time to start whipping that yard into shape now that it's getting warmer).

RB
PS: will message you on the xBox when I start :-)
hope you had a good weekend yourself - been kinda crazy out there and all (playing forza means I'm not watching the news... so i try to keep playing).

Edited by user Monday, April 1, 2019 5:23:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#110 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 3:05:46 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,
I earlier noted, that I generally look through the available liveries (in an attempt to NOT duplicate designs) before I start a project. PTG MFU82 did an excellent example of #9 Pfaff Motorsports in the new Castrol livery (featured in Liverycomp56) - but I noticed this livery no longer appears in the catalog (or any other of this particular livery).

I wanted to do this livery as she appeared at the Sebring race - a few decals changed, and with only 3 drivers, but basically the same as Daytona. Sebring's a race the team dominated until a mechanical - and the livery grew on me as I watched the race unfold on TV ;-) So, since I won't be competing with anyone - here she is :-)

Car: 2017 Porsche #92 Porsche GT Team 911 RSR
File Name: #9pfaff2019
Description: #9 Pfaff Motorsports @ 12hrs of Sebring 03/15/2019

Source:

Replica:

As always - thanks for visiting!

RB
#111 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 2:51:12 AM(UTC)
Good looking replica RB!!

[AB]

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
 1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 10:22:11 AM(UTC)
Well, you knew I had to do these two... it was only a matter of time ;-)

Car: 2018 McLaren Senna
File Name: #12senna2018yelo
Description: #12 McLaren Senna GTR 2018 concept livery

Source:

Replica:

RB
 1 user liked this post.
#113 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 10:22:53 AM(UTC)
Of the two, this one is my favorite... always liked the blue & chrome :-)

Car: 2018 McLaren Senna
File Name: #12senna2018blue
Description: #12 McLaren Senna GTR 2018 concept livery

Source:

Replica:

RB
#114 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 10:32:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ABGRAPHICS Go to Quoted Post
Good looking replica RB!!
[AB]

Thanks Alex - means a lot coming from someone like yourself.
Nice to see you here my friend :-) - we don't see a lot of the old guard anymore since H4.

RB
#115 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 8:39:33 PM(UTC)
I think I'm gonna buy two Senna for this. :)
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#116 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 4:31:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
I think I'm gonna buy two Senna for this. :)

Very happy you like 'em boss... you made me smile really, really big :-)

RB
 1 user liked this post.
#117 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 6:45:05 AM(UTC)
As requested: the, 2016 BMW M4 GTS/GT4, the Livery would be of the No.28 ST Racing/Samantha Tan Racing BMW GT4 of Miller and Gottsacker, That won the second race last weekend at the Laguna Seca in the Pirelli GT4 America race.
Very challenging livery this two-week project was... being my 1st GT4 so most every graphic was from scratch, even re-did the VP sticker to more closely resemble the original. I'm definitely going to be using both the Mad Scientist VP & Purple Monkey Garage graphic in the future ;-) I think John has another project lined out for me so we'll have to wait and see what it is - should be a good one, I certainly enjoyed doing the ST Racing livery.... and I hope you do too :-)

Car: 2016 BMW M4 GTS
File Name: #28str2019
Description: #28 ST Racing - Gottsacker/Miller @ IMSA Laguna Seca 3/30/2019

Source:

Replica:

Thanks for visiting :-)

RB
#118 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:37:07 AM(UTC)
RB,

Once again totally awesome job my friend, the car even drives better. LOL. the other I suggested for you is a toughie, well for me. I race slot cars and its one of the Paul Newman cars FLY cars did years ago. if Turn 10 ever decides to put out the Porsche 917/10 and the McLaren M8D or M20, there's plenty of racing liveries of those. again amazing work my friend

JQ
#119 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 1:28:16 AM(UTC)
RB,
Once again totally awesome job my friend, the car even drives better. LOL. the other I suggested for you is a toughie, well for me. I race slot cars and its one of the Paul Newman cars FLY cars did years ago. if Turn 10 ever decides to put out the Porsche 917/10 and the McLaren M8D or M20, there's plenty of racing liveries of those. again amazing work my friend
JQ

Thanks buddy - we try hard to make 'em look good :-)
Your other suggestion - well, that's gonna be hard for me too, but it's exactly the type of liveries I enjoy doing. I was able to find enough detailed picture of the car that it can be replicated... with some of those being pictures of the slot car. But it's the detailed photos of the minichamps version were the best (even though they're not 100% accurate) - so between that and the 1/2 dozen or so picture of the original it's something I'll be able to accomplish. I do have to say there are more than the usual amount of one-off graphics that will need to be done from scratch - so this will be more like a three week project then two weeks as I indicated earlier. I'll see what I can get knocked out and message you closer to the time it'll be made public.

This one's gonna be fun!

RB
#120 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 7:07:56 PM(UTC)
So many different outlined fonts, you gluten for punishment you.
SlowMotionFire

#121 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 8:15:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SlowMotionFire Go to Quoted Post
So many different outlined fonts, you gluten for punishment you.

Awe... it's not so bad, just takes awhile longer. It's coming along nicely though - decided to just start at the front & work my way back.
I'm now about to start on what I think will be the funnest part of the paint - the Painted Turtle (although it's been pretty darn fun so far) :-)

BTW: Now the front two rims were blue, the rear passenger-side rim green, & rear driver-side rim yellow. Went with the green rims since they fit the color scheme better. Blue ones all around don't look quite right.

RB
#122 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 4:05:03 PM(UTC)
Bob,

That is amazing, I hope you enter it in the racing livery contest when your finished my friend. Your very talented. I'll think of another if you want? LOL.

take care
John
#123 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:54:34 PM(UTC)
Bob,

That is amazing, I hope you enter it in the racing livery contest when your finished my friend. Your very talented. I'll think of another if you want? LOL.

take care
John

Glad you are happy with it John... looks like one more week from now and I should be done (I can only work on this stuff during the weekends now so it's a little slower then it used to be). Thought you'd like to see it after today's progress. BTW: I already have a couple of paints to do after this one, but that doesn't mean you can't get in line for the next ;-) We share similar tastes so I'm actually looking forward to seeing what you'll have lined up. Heck, saves me the time looking and I really like the last two you chose. Thanks for the help!

All the best,
RB
 1 user liked this post.
#124 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:06:07 AM(UTC)
Here ya go JohnQ.... it took a little longer then anticipated, but certainly one of the most rewarding paints I've done. I am finding out more and more with these elaborate liveries - it's more about keeping the layer count LOW then it is about always duplicating the graphic precisely. Compromises have to be made - hopefully you can make them where they go unnoticed for the most part. While knee-deep into this paint... it was hard not to think of all the camping trips I took in my younger years (was in the boy-scouts). Great times - like on the 50 mile canoe trip, summer camp, ect. - just like I'm sure these guys & gals at the hole in the wall camps must be having.

So here's hoping that good memories make for a good paint!

Car: 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion
File Name: #6gunnar2003
Description: #6 Gunnar/Newman/Petty @ Watkins Glen Grand Am 250 8/7-8/2003

Source:

Replica:

As always - thanks for visiting!

RB
#125 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2019 9:12:14 AM(UTC)
By request, this "tribute livery" poses some unique difficulties. The 2014 GT3 Benz used here has a much different body style then the current version used in racing today. Even though it looks similar a lot of modifications to the original layout were required, especially around the front of the car and canopy behind the driver. Also, the 3D model doesn't lend itself to any paint scheme as the front splitter picks-up the hood graphics... making it impossible to reproduce this layout using any other color then semi-gloss white for the body (otherwise you get a 1/2 white front-splitter, a no-go for me). And to top it off you can't even paint the rear wing at all... so this is my best shot at making the paint all it can be given the restrictions. Still, it went pretty quick since I had done both Black Falcon & Craft Bamboo liveries in the past - so I had many of the graphics done already. A fun paint regardless... always like the Black Falcon stuff ;-)

So..... we're back to Bathurst again (having done the Earl Bamber 911 and Grove Motorsport Porsche from that event) - Team Craft-Bamboo Black Falcon one-off collaboration had them leading at the end of the first 4 hours of the race. However, an unfortunate technical problem ended the team’s challenge just a few hours from the finish.

Car: 2014 Mercedes-Benz #84 HTP Motorsport SLS AMG GT3
File Name: #77a_craftbb2019
Description: #77a Craft Bamboo/Black Falcon @ 12hrs of Bathurst 2/2/2019

Source:

Replica:

Thanks for visiting :-)

RB
(more from Bathurst 2019 coming soon - the request included multiple liveries from that event)
Quick Reply
7 Pages<<34567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error