2 Pages12Next
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/17/2047 3:19:07 AM(UTC)
#1 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 4:10:41 AM(UTC)
...as FH4 won Best "Racing" Game of the Year.
So what is the point of nitpicking on things u (the player) don't approve of, when u don't have the slightest pedigree of producing an Award Winning Title.
Here's a Tip: Maybe the Features/Suggestions Wishlist Sticky Thread is the only one that really needs to be used in the Forum...
Maybe there should be a Sticky Thread where u can address u'r "genuine" problems as well, instead of flooding the Forum with unnecessary Topics (like this one to many i suppose)
Congratulations on making a Beautiful looking Game! Who could ever resist Beauty, even if below the Exquisite Exterior there's a number of Flaws that (the players think) need to be addressed.
My Forza Timeline:
•FH3-Start my Forza Career
•FH2-My hunger for more Horizon
•FM5-Free with XB Live Gold
•FH4-End my Forza Career
•FM6-Free with XB Live Gold
 8 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 9:03:05 AM(UTC)
Obviously these game awards only look at single player.
 10 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 9:19:49 AM(UTC)
Time to get my sarcasm detector out of the basement.

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 9:20:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 9:44:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dabre101 Go to Quoted Post
u don't have the slightest pedigree of producing an Award Winning Title.

Well, at least I didn't transform a million dollar budget into one of the worst multiplayers ever in a racing game.

Just keep your subjective and fanboy-infested views to yourself and spare us with any more of your "opinions".
Thank you - sorry - Thank u

Kids nowadays...unbelievable...

9 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 9:56:01 AM(UTC)
It just shows that awards get can be bought by large companies!!
No way they won this award from the players!!

Absolute [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 12:31:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 10:04:43 AM(UTC)
And yet, you're the one complaining on the forum right now.
 5 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 10:06:41 AM(UTC)
Nothing wrong with complaints or constructive feedback. They could eventually affect positive changes to the game. Just don't start thinking you necessarily speak for the majority, that you deserve direct coddling by the devs, or that any changes to your favour should happen right now, now, now (stop stamping your feet, Veruca).
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 6 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 10:16:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post

Absolute [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Except the Video Games Awards allows people to vote on their website before the show goes live....

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 12:31:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 10:19:37 AM(UTC)

No way, huh? There's a combined total of over 100k ratings ostensibly submitted by players on the MS store, the overwhelming majority of which are 4-5 stars with far more 5s than 4s. Now refer to my previous post about thinking you necessarily speak for the majority.

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 12:32:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 10:32:29 AM(UTC)
So the game has a bit too much emphasis on costumes and dancing for my liking, but I would still give this game a 5 out of 5 rating when it comes to actual game play and design.

I still consider the game to be very good value for money.
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 10:36:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

No way, huh? There's a combined total of over 100k ratings ostensibly submitted by players on the MS store, the overwhelming majority of which are 4-5 stars with far more 5s than 4s. Now refer to my previous post about thinking you necessarily speak for the majority.

I can't find current sales figures, but it's well over 2 million. 100k reviews out of over 2 million players is not a majority no matter which way you fudge the numbers.

But of course reviews can be bought too, just look at the disgrace that is the "video game media".

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 12:32:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 10:47:41 AM(UTC)
The same several dozen people who constantly complain on these forums do not come close to being a majority, either. Just saying....

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 10:48:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 11:21:29 AM(UTC)
Many complaints about the game in this forum tend to locked, I've noticed.
And by the way, since there's no proven method to gauge whether those of us who dislike aspects of the game, it's a tad moot isn't it?
I'd like to know if PG are taking notice of our concerns, such as the rubbish wheelspin clothing prizes (yes, that one again) and the lack of new content.
RYZEN 2600X ASUS ROG RX580 8GB 32Gb RAM
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 12:34:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
The same several dozen people who constantly complain on these forums do not come close to being a majority, either. Just saying....

LONG LIVE FREEROAM RUSH

Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
So the game has a bit too much emphasis on costumes and dancing for my liking, but I would still give this game a 5 out of 5 rating when it comes to actual game play and design.

I still consider the game to be very good value for money.

Its still a 5/5 to me too. Prestige 4, I think thats level 1450, 55/55 on goals and I just finished collecting ALL the cars. We NEED at least 600 max not 550. You cant own every single car & have much room to do wheelspins. I've had my wheelspins locked until I deleted cars from the garage. How crazy is that?

I love the game but online play has been the most frustrating thing ive dealt with all year. As upset as it makes me, I cant stop playing. Solo play is golden

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 12:39:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 8 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 1:06:03 PM(UTC)
The same few dozen people I see complaining here are almost the equivalent of entitled middle aged women who demand to speak to my manager.
#16 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 1:13:45 PM(UTC)
I rather have an "official" forum and "official" support than not having it. I'm glad they implemented a support ticket system as well. I'm glad we have forums in place to voice our concerns and get things changed for the better. VIP changed because of those of us who spoke up, even with some folks saying it was futile.

On the flip side, when my garage got erased for no reason in GTS (thanks PD online servers!), they have zero support. No "official" GTS forums or support staff. PS forums and PS support were of course no help, so basically "too bad" if you run into game issues. I don't blame them, but I blame Polyphony Digital for not having such a support in place already considering its pedigree.

Thankfully MS games have this in place.

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 1:14:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 1:58:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xxJ0n4Th0Nxx Go to Quoted Post

I can't find current sales figures, but it's well over 2 million. 100k reviews out of over 2 million players is not a majority no matter which way you fudge the numbers.

I didn't say it was a majority. I did offer it as an indication - being a far more substantial sample size than the forum offers - that the negative opinions are potentially - *potentially*, mind - in the minority.
 3 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 2:28:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rufinoman1 Go to Quoted Post

I'd like to know if PG are taking notice of our concerns, such as the rubbish wheelspin clothing prizes (yes, that one again) and the lack of new content.

As has been pointed out many times, the fact you don't like the clothes doesn't mean it's some big issue that needs fixing. It's really not a problem that deserves the endless whinging we get on these forums.
All the gear, no idea.
#19 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 2:52:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dabre101 Go to Quoted Post
...as FH4 won Best "Racing" Game of the Year.
So what is the point of nitpicking on things u (the player) don't approve of, when u don't have the slightest pedigree of producing an Award Winning Title.
Here's a Tip: Maybe the Features/Suggestions Wishlist Sticky Thread is the only one that really needs to be used in the Forum...
Maybe there should be a Sticky Thread where u can address u'r "genuine" problems as well, instead of flooding the Forum with unnecessary Topics (like this one to many I suppose)
Congratulations on making a Beautiful looking Game! Who could ever resist Beauty, even if below the Exquisite Exterior there's a number of Flaws that (the players think) need to be addressed?

Hey it's a great arcade racer with many game modes.... besides what new game in the racing category really offer it any competition.

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 2:58:35 PM(UTC)
Complaining in general is futile. It offers nothing to the reader or developer outside of having an issue.

More constructive is to address the flaw, and then plausible and balanced solutions. Followed by your reasoning.

Proposing this way allows developers to consider advantages, balances and feasability of an idea they perhaps did not consider. The positive and non confrontational nature drawing the reader's interest and attention instead of immediately putting them on the defensive.

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 2:59:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 3:02:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rufinoman1 Go to Quoted Post
Many complaints about the game in this forum tend to locked, I've noticed.
And by the way, since there's no proven method to gauge whether those of us who dislike aspects of the game, it's a tad moot isn't it?

If youd spend a little time in the 50 page multiplayer gripe thread youd see several responses from retrokrystal who is in direct communication with PG. They have indeed been made aware of our many gripes, suggestions, and temper tantrums.
 5 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 3:27:32 PM(UTC)

I didn't say it was a majority. I did offer it as an indication - being a far more substantial sample size than the forum offers - that the negative opinions are potentially - *potentially*, mind - in the minority.

But you are still attempting to imply that people's criticism of the game is invalid, because for whatever reason you think there aren't enough people complaining.

Not to mention you're in every single complaint thread, trolling people. You think that helps? It's no wonder people here are so bitter.
 3 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 4:29:15 PM(UTC)

Lol, i saw those numbers as well. Kinda weird that almost every game on the marketplace usually only gets a couple of hundred reviews, a thousand if their lucky, yet forza 7 as well as horizon 4 both have well over 50k reviews for each edition of the game. Strange.....
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 5:09:08 PM(UTC)
Meaningless awards don't mean complaining is futile. They are doing something about the multiplayer, what we don't know. It is comments that helped that happen. It is a solid single player game, it is just the multiplayer that isn't that good.
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 7:17:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xxJ0n4Th0Nxx Go to Quoted Post

But you are still attempting to imply that people's criticism of the game is invalid, because for whatever reason you think there aren't enough people complaining.

Not to mention you're in every single complaint thread, trolling people. You think that helps? It's no wonder people here are so bitter.

I sincerely doubt that I'm in every single complaint thread, although given the merging madness of mods it's possible that many threads I haven't been in got mixed in with those I have. And much of the time in such threads I'm responding to disparaging remarks towards players who might happen to like the game, which if anything makes me the trolled.

And the only implication is that the critics might be in the minority. Which was made in response to someone implying that accolades the game received couldn't have merit. So I suppose I might have been invalidating an invalidation.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error