This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
46 Pages<<43444546PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#1101 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 8:03:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oogravyoo72 Go to Quoted Post
With all these updates has there been any changes to normal vs simulation steering?

It's still the same as it always has been (was never broken), some like sim some don't, use what your comfortable with
 1 user liked this post.
#1102 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:39:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kurosaki Dan Go to Quoted Post
I have a Driving Force GT connected via Drive Hub and I'm experiencing an issue driving in the brickyard with the newest indycars, the 17' ones and the new Ford Brawner Hawk.

When I turn to the first degrees it's okay, maybe 20-30° just for doing the driving lines but it seems that the circuit has bumps or something and the wheel turns a little bit more sometimes and then starts rumbling and doing a lot of force and clipping around on the real-time feedback screen... I have tested other cars and Open wheels and I only have this problem with ovals and the cars mentioned up. They tweaked the feedback on indycars or something? In road circuits the problem dissappears.

Maybe my settings are wrong too, the solution is to reduce the force scale to 40 on each car and then it dissapears, it's like the fine tuning per car has preference on the overall settings and uses the 100 of scale force. Also I'm a full time G25 user on PC and I only had experienced something similar in Project cars with stopped cars.

VS 10
FFS 40-70
ATS 140
MTS 165
PTS 177
RFS 100
LS 70
WDS 100
CSS 100
DDB 100
WRA 900
SL 55

Suggestions are welcomed if someone have a better tunning in the wheel G25/G27 and newers are pretty similar to the DFGT in terms of feedback, I like softer feedback in the first degrees and harder when turning more if that helps.

Turn off the vibration scale, it's pretty useless. Turning down road feel will make the bumps a lot smoother as well. Center Spring Scale is WAY too high, so is the Wheel Damper Scale. I'd also not run that high Steering Linearity honestly. Never go above the recommended 50, I always run 47.
 1 user liked this post.
#1103 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 6:50:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alter Ego Trip Go to Quoted Post

My first question is; I was told never to run over 100 due to introducing clipping. I see you have 200 as a global setting with under 100 used as an in car setting. Should we stick to 100 in game on Fanatec wheels? Since Fanatec updated software, is it safe to move global to 200? I'm just really lost here as there is no way my DD1 should be as weak as it is (or my 2.5 for that matter since the update). I'm not expecting Iracing, AC, etc feedback on Forza; but this is ridiculous. I have a lot of friends that like F7 though so I spend a lot of time on it and would like to improve the driving experience.

Edit: I tried Fanatecs recommended DD1 settings and hated them. Very lifeless feel and still no strength in overall FFB.

It is perfectly safe to go above 100 in the game, it is almost necessary to have that over 100 or ATS MTS PTS above 100 to maximise the ffb range. You can check to see if your clipping the game signal output by opening the telemetry when driving on the track and scrolling to the last page.

These where my previous settings that I made on my modded fanatec wheel and should translate quite well to the podium wheel (you will probably want to turn up the natural Damper and natural friction on the wheel settings,), I will be updating these soon though as the ffb scale issue has been fixed.

These settings ingame will cause clipping in faster cars with gripier tyres, but since your wheel has so much torque you could probably drop the global ffb scale down a bit to avoid the clipping on the game side then just use FF on your wheel to adjust it to your liking

Thank you. I was under the impression that setting the global FFB above 100 would introduce clipping so I have never gone above 100 on any global setting. Like I said; at 100 global, 100 on wheel the FFB strength is very weak. Before Fanatec updated the firmware; at 100 in wheel setting, I could barely get to 70 globally before it was just too much (and this was on the csw). This was able to replicate a lot of the cars closer to IRL (older cars I've had the opportunity to track). Problem was there was so much clipping the wheels were working overtime. Since the update the overall FFB is non existent.

I'm assuming this applies to the Xbox 1x, not pc. Sounds like a pc has different settings. I'm running the 1x.

Originally Posted by: spankenmonkey Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alter Ego Trip Go to Quoted Post
I could use some input as things aren't lining up with what I am seeing on the forums. I purchased a csw2.5 in December and running Fanatecs current software at that time; I was running 100% global feedback in game and about 70 on the wheel. It provided some very strong FFB. I couldn't see going over that and a lot of cars I ran much less. Well as we all know, Forza (on Xbox) was severely clipping the output with Fanatec wheels and you were actually getting 4x's the FFB then stated. To counteract this Fanatec updated the firmware in the wheels. Since that time, my 2.5 lost almost all FFB; and that was even running at 100 both in wheel and in game. I have since updated to a DD1 (anticipation of finally adding a pc to the mix) and I still have very weak feedback. I can run at 100 and 100 still, on every car in the game, and easily turn into any corner with one hand. What the heck am I missing?

My first question is; I was told never to run over 100 due to introducing clipping. I see you have 200 as a global setting with under 100 used as an in car setting. Should we stick to 100 in game on Fanatec wheels? Since Fanatec updated software, is it safe to move global to 200? I'm just really lost here as there is no way my DD1 should be as weak as it is (or my 2.5 for that matter since the update). I'm not expecting Iracing, AC, etc feedback on Forza; but this is ridiculous. I have a lot of friends that like F7 though so I spend a lot of time on it and would like to improve the driving experience.

Edit: I tried Fanatecs recommended DD1 settings and hated them. Very lifeless feel and still no strength in overall FFB.

hello

i have the DD1. with mine i have to turn the FFB down. its not week by any means.
have you set it 2,5 comp mode?
have you got the toque key in?
with the setting Dom said to do. did you setup the DD1 base like he said?

if i set the FFB in the game to 100 i need to set the base at 35 and force effect to 60. any high than that is just too much

Are you running on pc or xbox? I didn't think 2.5comp mode would work when using xbox. And yes; I have torque key in. :)

#1104 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 10:43:28 PM(UTC)
yea im on PC. i keep forgetting about xbox
#1105 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 8:27:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: spankenmonkey Go to Quoted Post
yea im on PC. i keep forgetting about xbox

May be as good a reason as ever to finally break down and go pc lol.
#1106 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 10:58:15 PM(UTC)
Came back after 9 months and found out this is a new game on many sides. Good things happened like ghosted backmarkers (finally) and this totally new adjustable wheel support. I left the game as a top 40 level endurance gt driver. I have done my best even with help of other wheel users to find settings that equals what it used to feel, but I`m 1-3 secs behind with laptimes. I think it feels ok, but not quite. Of course tunes have improve and I`m running with the olds and long absence is not yet catched up. Things are well explained here https://support.forzamot...-Wheel-Setup-and-Tuning but I would appreciate if other TX users would like to share their wheel gt car settings to beeing tried out. Love the game!
#1107 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 1:36:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rontikainen Go to Quoted Post
Came back after 9 months and found out this is a new game on many sides. Good things happened like ghosted backmarkers (finally) and this totally new adjustable wheel support. I left the game as a top 40 level endurance gt driver. I have done my best even with help of other wheel users to find settings that equals what it used to feel, but I`m 1-3 secs behind with laptimes. I think it feels ok, but not quite. Of course tunes have improve and I`m running with the olds and long absence is not yet catched up. Things are well explained here https://support.forzamot...-Wheel-Setup-and-Tuning but I would appreciate if other TX users would like to share their wheel gt car settings to beeing tried out. Love the game!

PM me mate I'll give you my current settings for the TX, or read back through 40 odd pages as there are some good settings in there.

#1108 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 4:20:40 PM(UTC)
This might not be the place to ask this but I don't know where else. And it does have to do with FFB and For a 7, but also Horizon. I have an original TX bought just after getting my first OneX. With all the updates that both games keep getting I am not sure if my problem is actually hardware related or not. I am starting to get some "notchiness" while turning the wheel which is especially noticeable at lower speeds. I don't know if I am explaining it correctly but it has little hickups while turning the wheel going light/heavy really quickly. It is really noticeable when trying to drift with it as I found out doing this weeks Forzathon Challenges. Other than that it works like it should. Just wondering if it is time to invest in a new Servo base. It is my understanding that there is now real difference between the newer Servo base and the one on my TX so don't want to spend the money if that is not the problem and it is something else like not keeping up with the updates with my settings.

I already have the Leather GT wheel and the T3pa-Pros so the base would be all I need to get.

Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by user Thursday, June 6, 2019 4:22:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1109 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 7:16:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
This might not be the place to ask this but I don't know where else. And it does have to do with FFB and For a 7, but also Horizon. I have an original TX bought just after getting my first OneX. With all the updates that both games keep getting I am not sure if my problem is actually hardware related or not. I am starting to get some "notchiness" while turning the wheel which is especially noticeable at lower speeds. I don't know if I am explaining it correctly but it has little hickups while turning the wheel going light/heavy really quickly. It is really noticeable when trying to drift with it as I found out doing this weeks Forzathon Challenges. Other than that it works like it should. Just wondering if it is time to invest in a new Servo base. It is my understanding that there is now real difference between the newer Servo base and the one on my TX so don't want to spend the money if that is not the problem and it is something else like not keeping up with the updates with my settings.

I already have the Leather GT wheel and the T3pa-Pros so the base would be all I need to get.

I'd recommend updating the Firmware as step 1. Then try turning all the settings down and slowly introduce them one by one until you get the problem recur as step 2. Could just be overloading. Mine I've had 18 months and I've not had that problem, but after about an hour or so of play I lose a lot of the feel and it get's all floaty - overheating I'm guessing.

#1110 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 9:12:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FACR Mechanical Go to Quoted Post

I'd recommend updating the Firmware as step 1. Then try turning all the settings down and slowly introduce them one by one until you get the problem recur as step 2. Could just be overloading. Mine I've had 18 months and I've not had that problem, but after about an hour or so of play I lose a lot of the feel and it get's all floaty - overheating I'm guessing.

Do you have the TX as well? If so you can force the fan to be always on.
#1111 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 3:35:00 PM(UTC)

I am running the latest firmware and the fan is set to "always on". I have tried changing some of the settings like turning the FFB strength down and it is currently around 50 in both games. I have also tried going back to Default settings but that doesn't help either. I have not tried turning it all off before though and will give that a shot Sunday when I gets some time to play with it. I will let you know what I find. Thanks

Edited by user Friday, June 7, 2019 3:35:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1112 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 9:39:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

Yes, I do. Thanks. I looked up how to do this but I'm not sure if it's worked - didn't see the two flashes and can't hear the fan. Held mode and pressed Menu - is that the right way?

#1113 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 9:39:36 PM(UTC)

Yes, I do - and thanks. Looked up how to do this (hold mode and press Menu button) but didn't see the two flashes and it just changed mode from Green to Red - don't think it worked!

Edited by user Friday, June 7, 2019 9:41:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1114 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 11:52:22 PM(UTC)
I recently realized Assetto Corsa uses the tires for it's force-feedback exclusively. No mechanical trail effect whatsoever.

LiveForSpeed, iRacing, and now Forza are the only games I know of that use mechanical trail for FFB (which is the only relevant centering force anyway, with or without a steering column).
#1115 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 11:55:01 PM(UTC)
You don't hold mode, you just press it while you simultaneously flick up the rotary. I'll make a very short video on my phone tonight if you haven't got it. You'll be able to audibly here the fan turning on or off when you do it.
 1 user liked this post.
#1116 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2019 12:27:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rontikainen Go to Quoted Post

PM me mate I'll give you my current settings for the TX, or read back through 40 odd pages as there are some good settings in there.

Thx mate, just put you PM!
#1117 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2019 12:43:05 PM(UTC)

If firmvare update doesn`t help I would try put all settings to default and if that doesn`t help I`m afraid you have to buy new servo. I`m running third servobase after 3,5 year use. It`s a shame that the cooling is insufficient and the next level wheel TS-XW, which has better cooling, is like 2,5 times of the price of TX. It would be good if you could by the alternator only somewhere.
#1118 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2019 8:52:33 PM(UTC)
You don't hold mode, you just press it while you simultaneously flick up the rotary. I'll make a very short video on my phone tonight if you haven't got it. You'll be able to audibly here the fan turning on or off when you do it.

Great, got it. I fear my servo base is on the way out. Just did 10 laps and had that weird floaty feeling kick in on the 8th lap - it is preceded by a sudden resistance and then release of the wheel, like it just got overloaded - really ruins the experience.

#1119 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2019 10:12:51 PM(UTC)
I know the TS-XW is a bit expansive but after I bought more than a year ago I can say it's a great piece of hardware
#1120 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 1:49:42 AM(UTC)

Great, got it. I fear my servo base is on the way out. Just did 10 laps and had that weird floaty feeling kick in on the 8th lap - it is preceded by a sudden resistance and then release of the wheel, like it just got overloaded - really ruins the experience.

If that's the case then your servo base might be on the way out. Have you tried cleaning it with some compressed air? Could be dust & dirt causing overheating.

If the manual force fan on & the clean doesn't work, you'll probably have to turn your Force Feedback down until you get a new base. Make sure your firmware is up to date too.
#1121 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:46:48 AM(UTC)
I think mine just might be a settings issue combined with the updates throwing things off. Did as you said and backed things off and started over. I think what I am feeling is caused by the setting you use to feel the build up to understeer (can't remember what one that is). Combined with NO CS or Damper and that too high causes a back and forth like bouncing of the walls down a hall. Must be the occilation they talk about but I have never had that before. And I expected that to be much stronger than what I am feeling. I can feel it but it is not strong enough to force the wheel to turn. I will keep playing with the settings and see what I come up with. Thanks again
#1122 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:55:34 PM(UTC)
I think mine just might be a settings issue combined with the updates throwing things off. Did as you said and backed things off and started over. I think what I am feeling is caused by the setting you use to feel the build up to understeer (can't remember what one that is). Combined with NO CS or Damper and that too high causes a back and forth like bouncing of the walls down a hall. Must be the occilation they talk about but I have never had that before. And I expected that to be much stronger than what I am feeling. I can feel it but it is not strong enough to force the wheel to turn. I will keep playing with the settings and see what I come up with. Thanks again

Glad you got it sorted.
#1123 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:22:41 PM(UTC)
Sort of off topic and I searched for previous discussion...has anyone brought up the odd behavior of the throttle and brake? It happens both on xbox triggers and wheel pedals. The game takes a while to respond and it's not really lag but when you stomp on the throttle or gas it takes a considerable amount of time, 2.5 seconds, to build up to 100% input. Also noticed that if you apply the brake below 78% the car will slow to about 4mph and then coast until you go over 78%.

What would be the point of all of this?

#1124 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:52:43 PM(UTC)
I have no behavior at all with throttle and brake..
 1 user liked this post.
#1125 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 12:31:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Russtic Go to Quoted Post
Sort of off topic and I searched for previous discussion...has anyone brought up the odd behavior of the throttle and brake? It happens both on xbox triggers and wheel pedals. The game takes a while to respond and it's not really lag but when you stomp on the throttle or gas it takes a considerable amount of time, 2.5 seconds, to build up to 100% input.

It's only lagging in telemetry. There's a smoothing factor to every live readout. If you want useful telemetry, use data out.

Edit:
Originally Posted by: Russtic Go to Quoted Post
Also noticed that if you apply the brake below 78% the car will slow to about 4mph and then coast until you go over 78%.

The tire simulation approach Forza uses is based on real-world data plots from different weights, speeds, camber angles, slip angles, etc.. It is fundamentally incapable of simulating a tire "at rest", and has a tendency to "skitter" left to right without apparent cause, at low speeds (<4mph).. What you're seeing is an attempt to hide any such behaviors from the player. The insta-stop from low speeds is when tire physics disable completely, until the car moves again. I think this relates to the speed glitches in FH4, too..

Edited by user Friday, June 21, 2019 12:38:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

46 Pages<<43444546PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error