This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
43 Pages<<2425262728>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#626 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:21:28 PM(UTC)
As I said before, quite a few pages ago - there are no right or wrong settings. This is a generalised comment and is not directed at anyone in particular - I just felt like saying it. Again.
#627 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:26:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FACR Mechanical Go to Quoted Post
generally [x%] on LB's, if that means anything.

Sadly, most of the bottom leader-board scores in Forza games are spoofed, making friends placement and numerical distance from the top the only good metrics of performance. I'd rather the LB's were sparsely populated with real runs than flooded with fakes.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:27:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#628 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:59:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GreatFlea815883 Go to Quoted Post
generally [x%] on LB's, if that means anything.

Sadly, most of the bottom leader-board scores in Forza games are spoofed, making friends placement and numerical distance from the top the only good metrics of performance. I'd rather the LB's were sparsely populated with real runs than flooded with fakes.

Smurfs are a thing in Forza? Interesting.

Or do you refer to the very bottom where there's plenty of dirty times?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 6, 2019 7:00:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#629 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 7:24:30 PM(UTC)
I mean the bottom, dirty entries.

Edit: at least in FH4, it's not as bad as I thought.. silly..

Edited by user Wednesday, February 6, 2019 7:27:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#630 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 7:59:14 PM(UTC)
PC User here running Fanatec CSL, leagues are firing up on other sims so I haven't had much Forza time but fired it up tonight.

Initial impressions of the FFB update are good, I can push the cars a bit harder without fear of uncontrollable oversteer.
Depending on car and class, there still is some exaggerated understeer lightness in the wheel. I imagine some of this can be tuned out and will put the time in this weekend.

All in all, coming back to FM7 after a few months away has me smiling, great job guys thank you.
#631 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 8:38:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Corsa Go to Quoted Post

Depending on car and class, there still is some exaggerated understeer lightness in the wheel.

I think it would be interesting to see what could be done if the mechanical trail forces could be scaled up a bit when pneumatic forces disappear--if this "alignment torque force compression" was implemented, and adjustable, as an "Understeer Effect" slider.

0 would be maximum combined alignment torque (mechanical+pneumatic) compression. During severe understeer, mechanical trail alignment effect would scale up so the total FFB force during severe understeer would be equal to the total FFB force currently seen just under optimal slip, when pneumatic and mechanical are sending their strongest alignment forces.

25 strong compression, just enough total FFB reduction to notice understeer. Good for drifting.

50 (default setting) moderate compression, enough to catch oversteer much more easily than current, moderate peak force loss during understeer.

75, minimal compression, significant force loss during understeer. Good for grip racing only.

100, no compression, significant drop in total alignment torque at the wheel during understeer/outside of optimal slipangle (current behavior).

Edit: No takers? Sounds pretty good to me..

Edited by user Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:14:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#632 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 10:13:47 PM(UTC)
After last update the wheel feel more natural, I like the way it is now.
 1 user liked this post.
#633 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 11:14:23 PM(UTC)
An hours tweaking and I’m getting back near the feel I had before. Hit 2.13s around Suzuka in the M3 but of course the half hour I spent lapping and tweaking had nothing to do with the close to a second I knocked off my previous best tuning the wheel from the last update it was just the feel ; ) Well now it feels ... faster! Actually it is starting to feel really great. More work and new numbers up over the weekend. Happy racing.

Edited by user Thursday, February 7, 2019 1:51:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#634 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 1:41:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GreatFlea815883 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Corsa Go to Quoted Post

Depending on car and class, there still is some exaggerated understeer lightness in the wheel.

I think it would be interesting to see what could be done if the mechanical trail forces could be scaled up a bit when pneumatic forces disappear--if this "alignment torque force compression" was implemented, and adjustable, as an "Understeer Effect" slider.

0 would be maximum combined alignment torque (mechanical+pneumatic) compression. During severe understeer, mechanical trail alignment effect would scale up so the total FFB force during severe understeer would be equal to the total FFB force currently seen just under optimal slip, when pneumatic and mechanical are sending their strongest alignment forces.

25 strong compression, just enough total FFB reduction to notice understeer. Good for drifting.

50 (default setting) moderate compression, enough to catch oversteer much more easily than current, moderate peak force loss during understeer.

75, minimal compression, significant force loss during understeer. Good for grip racing only.

100, no compression, significant drop in total alignment torque at the wheel during understeer/outside of optimal slipangle (current behavior).

Edit: No takers? Sounds pretty good to me..

You don't need an extra setting as you can do this already, if you want no understeer drop off just don't use any pneumatic trail, if you want massive drop off use only pneumatic trail. Adjust the balance of mechanical and pneumatic to get the feel you want, so if someone is saying they have exaggerated loss of FFB with understeer, they should increase machanical trail and lower pneumatic to keep the overal peak force very close, but past the peak slip angle FFB won't deminish as much.
#635 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 1:59:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
That's still there Evan. First thing I tested tonight.

Blue, I am so close to you in that lotus rival on Road Atlanta. Have a 1.28.436 atm.

Make that 1:28.129

Nice it's a tricky little thing that lotus, still heaps of time to be had there I'm just not that fond of driving that car TBH. Did you sign up for the FACR HLC?
#636 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:48:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post

Blue, I am so close to you in that lotus rival on Road Atlanta. Have a 1.28.436 atm.

Nice it's a tricky little thing that lotus, still heaps of time to be had there I'm just not that fond of driving that car TBH. Did you sign up for the FACR HLC?

Sorry to butt in but Blue I can see you qualifying straight into Elite division with your pace. I missed promotion to Elite by a few spots last season. I’m just under a second behind and I doubt I’ll close the gap. Good to have you onboard on the HLC.
#637 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:01:34 AM(UTC)

Sorry to butt in but Blue I can see you qualifying straight into Elite division with your pace. I missed promotion to Elite by a few spots last season. I’m just under a second behind and I doubt I’ll close the gap. Good to have you onboard on the HLC.

There's divisions? I have no idea, I've never participated in something like this before, I mainly wanted to see how I stack up and try improve my skills. Good to be onboard
#638 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:45:53 AM(UTC)

I probably should sign up for a racing series, but real life has decided to be rather unforgiving the past 2 months. It's why I still haven't been able to do a proper wheel setup video for fm7s new ffb yet.

When things calm down, and I can get back into the swing of things. I will have to look at joining something like that.

#639 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:18:05 AM(UTC)

I probably should sign up for a racing series, but real life has decided to be rather unforgiving the past 2 months. It's why I still haven't been able to do a proper wheel setup video for fm7s new ffb yet.

When things calm down, and I can get back into the swing of things. I will have to look at joining something like that.

I'm in the same boat, I don't get to jump on my rig as often or as regularly as I'd like to, which is why I havnt tried to run any racing series myself but the HLC suits me better as you have a week (I think) to post a time on each car/track combo
#640 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:15:09 AM(UTC)

I'm in the same boat, I don't get to jump on my rig as often or as regularly as I'd like to, which is why I havnt tried to run any racing series myself but the HLC suits me better as you have a week (I think) to post a time on each car/track combo

Same reason i initially became a hotlapper apposed to a racer. The organized league racing was often at times not suitable for me and when i did get on it may have only been for like 15-20 min so i would find/build a tune and try to do the best i could at that track for the day. If i had more time and thought i did about the best i could, i would go on to another one or if i didnt have any more time i would pick another track the next day. Usually try to be one in the same car so i didnt have to keep learning cars or building and could just start hot lapping quickly.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 1 user liked this post.
#641 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:47:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sentenza1591 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mark Races Go to Quoted Post
This is why I think the latest update of the FFB on the TX458 wheel is superb. I made a video of the Renault Megane RS250 (upgraded to RS265 specification, using the real suspension settings etc but also keeping the car within Forza C Class and Modern Hot Hatch homologation) vs the real life RS265 Nordschleife record lap set by Larent Hurgon in 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx29RSzIkCo

For me this is as close as it can be. The track surface feel is transmitted through the wheel well, the corner and peak speeds are almost identical. The hand movements on the TX458 wheel to rotate the car mirror the real driver almost perfectly for 99% of the lap. I've been lucky enough to drive this Megane and a few others similar (eg R26.R and Trophy R) with Renault at the Ring and the wheel feel feels as close as a game possibly could to me.

These are cars I can actually drive on a track often open to the public/trackdays so I don't have to listen to some race driver or other commentator tell me how real or not the game is, I can make my mind up for myself. It's truly close now. I'm not sure what else people would want from wheel feedback, truthfully I think this is about as much detail as any hot hatch type car can give through the wheel. The other forces people are looking for are most likely sensations through the seat, chassis and brake pedal in a real car.

Thank you Turn 10 developers for continuing to listen to your loyal wheel users and improving the feedback. I hope you are working with Fanatec on those fancy new Direct Drive wheels.

Could you share your wheel settings?
Thanks!

Sure, the most important settings are as below. This is for the TX458 Wheel on the Xbox One X, no assists, normal or sim steering seem to work fine.

Usual 0-100 deadzones

Vibration 35
FFB 60 (I vary this a little depending on the car, sometimes with the TX458 wheel car FFB is just to heavy)
Aligning: 80 (again can be raise or lowered slightly if too light/heavy)
Mechanical: 120 (lower if there is too much kick back through the wheels when the brakes being to lock up)
Pneumatic: 100
Road feel: 75 (I prefer the cars with some road feel, I'm looking for immersion as much as fast times)
Damper 0
Spring 0
Rotation: 900 (lower for specific faster cars like the race cars/F1 etc)
Linearity: 50

For me this gives a wheel that has a realistic weight and feel, it's easy to turn the wheel through corners and there is enough road feel and weight to tell me what is going on. I know quite a few other Forza players who prefer more wheel weight (higher aligning, mech, pneu & FFB) but I don't like to fight the wheel.

Also I've tried other peoples setups with lower vibration and road feel and yes it is smoother and sometimes a few 10ths faster but for me this lacks the tactility and imperfections of real track driving. I like to be quick but I want the game to feel lifelike too. I fully respect others will disagree and say faster is better, that's fine FFB is about as subjective as it gets.

I haven't tried the latest update on the PC yet but will post the settings up if significantly different.

4 users liked this post.
#642 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:18:52 AM(UTC)
An hours tweaking and I’m getting back near the feel I had before. Hit 2.13s around Suzuka in the M3 but of course the half hour I spent lapping and tweaking had nothing to do with the close to a second I knocked off my previous best tuning the wheel from the last update it was just the feel ; ) Well now it feels ... faster! Actually it is starting to feel really great. More work and new numbers up over the weekend. Happy racing.

I am looking forward to see what you come up with for settings. There are many people who helped me with the FFB settings but 5 main ones are you and Dave Lacy who is also from FACR, Blue028, Ialyrn, and Dust. Without the info and the research you all put into the FFB settings I would not enjoy it as much as I do.
Thank you very much for all you folks do to make the game better for many!
#643 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:40:59 AM(UTC)
1. I'm really happy with the progress of the FFB. The December update was a badly needed punch in the arm, and this latest update refined that improvement further. It's clear that Turn 10 are working diligently, and given how frustrated I was before, I have to admit they've brought me back in a big way.
2. I need to add some of you folks to my list, so I have other wheel users to race with, compare, etc.
#644 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:31:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Colin Girth Go to Quoted Post

2. I need to add some of you folks to my list, so I have other wheel users to race with, compare, etc.

You're welcome to add me and I'm sure others many other wheel user will feel the same way. This is exactly how I met many of the people in this thread far too many years ago.

I'll only remove you from my friends list if you're faster than me ;) - just kidding, it's always good to have some friendly wheel user competition.
 1 user liked this post.
#645 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:49:35 AM(UTC)

You're welcome to add me and I'm sure others many other wheel user will feel the same way. This is exactly how I met many of the people in this thread far too many years ago.

I'll only remove you from my friends list if you're faster than me ;) - just kidding, it's always good to have some friendly wheel user competition.

Mark you are usually a bit faster than but on some tracks.....
anyway you may add me if you would like. I am a wheel user but not very fast on normal tracks. I do pretty good on Ovals for rivals though. I don't race online much and if I do it's usually ghost league. I am not the best racer and the last thing I want to do is wreck someone else who is having a great race until he met me....ghost I don't have to worry about that.
#646 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:05:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post

Mark you are usually a bit faster than but on some tracks.....

Dan it's always good to race your times and as you say it's very much car and track dependent. Sometimes I am left thing just how are they doing those times!! The way I look at it is when someone is quicker there is more for me to learn, maybe a different approach or technique or just more time in that combination.

Others including Ialyrn and Im2fast4u711 have provided some great ghost competition over the years, we're rarely far apart on the leaderboards. All in all many years of great racing fun and with the FFB improving too it's all good.
 1 user liked this post.
#647 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:07:34 AM(UTC)

Hey bud I'm looking forward on your final "in game settings" with this new update.
Even tho I'm using a CSW 2.5 I'm finding your settings on your YouTube video and ZR1TOM
to be the best... I like having lots of sensation from the road and feeling the car loosing grip through the wheel.

Keep us posted 👍👍👍

Edited by user Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:18:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#648 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:08:48 AM(UTC)
Well, FWIW at this point, I've been really pleased with the change. I've been playing a LOT more FM7 since the December update, because for the first time since getting a wheel, I feel able to attack the course as confidently as I once did using a controller. Thank you!
#649 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:38:24 PM(UTC)

There's divisions? I have no idea, I've never participated in something like this before, I mainly wanted to see how I stack up and try improve my skills. Good to be onboard

I'd probably suggest spending a couple of minutes and reading the rules ; )

You will find a lot of guys running similar and faster times, so it's sure to improve you.

#650 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:40:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: American Boy 07 Go to Quoted Post

Hey bud I'm looking forward on your final "in game settings" with this new update.
Even tho I'm using a CSW 2.5 I'm finding your settings on your YouTube video and ZR1TOM
to be the best... I like having lots of sensation from the road and feeling the car loosing grip through the wheel.

Keep us posted 👍👍👍

I don't have a YouTube video mate, I think you are confusing me with the Almighty himself, Dave Lacey.

43 Pages<<2425262728>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error