47 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#376 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 3:49:15 AM(UTC)
Its very time consuming with all the settings but i´m fine with that.
What i´m not fine with is that there is only one wheel settings profile meaning that i have to change all the settings every time i change car.
Please make it possible to create different wheel settings profiles.

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2018 8:01:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#377 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 6:04:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GREASEY WHEEL Go to Quoted Post
I used to play Forza 7 about 90% of my gaming time. Since the update its about 5%. Ruined the game for me with the ffb update, All the cars feel like driving a hovercraft. Going down the straights the wheel has a mind of its own violently tossing from side to side. lose all feeling in the car at corners, such a shame, All the enjoyment has gone, I have spent so many days trying differant settings and not any feel like it did, When are they going to patch it? anyone know?

That's been my experience also. I hope the patch comes soon.

2 users liked this post.
#378 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 7:36:00 AM(UTC)
the new FFB is the best update in Forza 7, now it can be taken serioulsy, it missed simulation settings (qualify, grid position, AI liveries....)
#379 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 7:49:05 AM(UTC)
If you have csw 2.5 on xbox then try beta driver 324.
I did and now ffb doesn't feel broken anymore, just a little damaged.

Fanatec beta driver 324
#380 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 8:16:47 PM(UTC)
Ok so I tried many different things. If I don't keep the total align torque pne magic and mechanical trail at 200 the wheel won't counter steer correctly. Even than I can't figure out how to get the wheel to counter steer like before. This is only in reference to drifting. I feel like the velocity of the wheel during a counter force situation like drifting should be dictated by anything else. But I know I am wrong. So I'm assuming this is the brutal trade off for drifting. I have tried many things. And yes my damper and center spring are at 0. Even tried lowering align torque and raising center spring nope. I tell you since this update has come out I have been trying to find a perfect balance setting for drifting and racing. But it doesn't exist I don't think.

I will say this. I love the update and this game is no longer a game it's a real driving simulator. The ffb during racing id's amazing. And for now I don't mind having two separate settings. I know you guys are going to improve it. It's only been out for a month.

Thank you t10 and pg studios!!

Logitech g920 open wheeler seat

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2018 8:17:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#381 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:12:44 AM(UTC)
I've come into a conclusion that it must be this game why ffb is not working for me. Only in-game ffb settings that really affect to my wheel are vibration, total ffb, ats, mts and pts. I don't notice any difference if in example css or wds is either 0 or 200. I went to the assetto and holy **** the difference is huge, no kick back or side to side knocking. I really hope devs are reading this thread and going to make update soon.

LG Driving Force GT, PC
#382 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 5:07:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BirdhouseD Go to Quoted Post
I've come into a conclusion that it must be this game why ffb is not working for me. Only in-game ffb settings that really affect to my wheel are vibration, total ffb, ats, mts and pts. I don't notice any difference if in example css or wds is either 0 or 200. I went to the assetto and holy **** the difference is huge, no kick back or side to side knocking. I really hope devs are reading this thread and going to make update soon.

LG Driving Force GT, PC

In regards to spring and damper not working, check you wheel driver settings and make sure those effects are not disabled.
#383 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 3:10:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LoneRangerRides Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GREASEY WHEEL Go to Quoted Post
I used to play Forza 7 about 90% of my gaming time. Since the update its about 5%. Ruined the game for me with the ffb update, All the cars feel like driving a hovercraft. Going down the straights the wheel has a mind of its own violently tossing from side to side. lose all feeling in the car at corners, such a shame, All the enjoyment has gone, I have spent so many days trying differant settings and not any feel like it did, When are they going to patch it? anyone know?

That's been my experience also. I hope the patch comes soon.

I have to agree. The new FFB takes the enjoyment out of racing. It feels like running on bicycle tyres. I've tried a lot of suggested setups with no luck (Fanatec CSW 2.0, Xbox One X). There's no feel of grip even at low speeds.
The sim twitch is shocking with sim steering and while this can be tuned out of the car, it shouldn't have to be though I don't think this is a FFB problem but a physics problem that the new FFB has highlighted. I did have some reprieve by switching to normal steering from sim, but it is still not enjoyable.

On the plus side, it has increased my enjoyment and drivability of AC and PCars2 - switching across, cars that felt slippery before now feel like they stick to the road like glue.
#384 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 3:48:26 PM(UTC)
Well, FACR Mechanical's breakthrough set-up has changed everything for me (Thrusty TX 458/T3PA/TH8A). It feels amazing, still get a tad of oscillation but the feeling on bumpy tracks is so much clearer than before, I finally get what Aaron Brooks and Turn 10 were talking about. As stated above, still very car-sensitive and my gamepad laptimes remain ahead but the enjoyment is on another level. Now. All we need is a little icon to show who's using what on the leaderboards and the ability to create public lobbies with name (if needed password) so all of us wheel nuts can duke it out.

Who's up for some time attack? 911 GT3 RS or 2018 Civic at the Nordschleife, yeah I'm brutal like that.

To all those still disatisfied, keep tinkering, you might be closer than you think.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 1, 2019 3:49:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#385 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 5:25:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X3R Monkey Go to Quoted Post
Well, FACR Mechanical's breakthrough set-up has changed everything for me (Thrusty TX 458/T3PA/TH8A). It feels amazing, still get a tad of oscillation but the feeling on bumpy tracks is so much clearer than before, I finally get what Aaron Brooks and Turn 10 were talking about. As stated above, still very car-sensitive and my gamepad laptimes remain ahead but the enjoyment is on another level. Now. All we need is a little icon to show who's using what on the leaderboards and the ability to create public lobbies with name (if needed password) so all of us wheel nuts can duke it out.

Who's up for some time attack? 911 GT3 RS or 2018 Civic at the Nordschleife, yeah I'm brutal like that.

To all those still disatisfied, keep tinkering, you might be closer than you think.

Thank you mate. I have improved the setup after a lot more tweaking - which I said I wouldn't do, but hey, I'm on holidays so why not!

This might just be personal preference, but I think I have better feel, more precise steering, and very realistic effects all around. The only difference is I ramped up Vibration scale to get the tyre effects on the limit and under heavy braking, reduced Road Feel which takes away all the over the top twitches from road bumps, and ramped up wheel damper scale - gives a heavier wheel feel but to me it now feels spot on.

So. Thrustmaster TX wheel :

DOR on control Panel 720

VS 90
FFS 85
ATS 110
MTS 165
PTS 110
RFS 25
WDS 60
CSS 25
WRA 540
SL 46-49

Hope you try and enjoy it - to me it's now pretty damn awesome.

1 user liked this post.
#386 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 4:39:55 AM(UTC)
Thanks, I'll be checking that out! Only thing I change compared to your set-up is the degrees of rotation (up to 900) since I mostly use road cars but I tried it with the Jaguar XJ-5 and it was super nice...
#387 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:38:19 AM(UTC)
Hey,

can anyone recommend any setup for Logitech G29? I am having a hard time making a good configuration for this wheel. Will appreciate your help!
 1 user liked this post.
#388 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:49:15 AM(UTC)
I was originally running settings based on the FACR Official video on YouTube. But, have just sampled the delights of FACR Mechanicals posted earlier (haven't tried the revised posted since). Superb is all I can say. Great feedback, great feel... I could go on.

All I can say is, thanks for posting your thoughts FACR Mechanical on wheel setup. Without hesitation the best I have used and, after a long PC2 session befirehand, allowed me to jump straight back in ot Forza without the usual adjustment time yo uneed to reserve between differing games.

Just to add, although the settings were for the better performing TX, I'm using a lowly TMX, and as I say the results are still top notch.

Edited by user Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:51:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: My wheel type added.

#389 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:35:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BirdhouseD Go to Quoted Post

LG Driving Force GT, PC

In regards to spring and damper not working, check you wheel driver settings and make sure those effects are not disabled.

Holy moly. And I thought that I already tried everything under LG Profiler. But yeah of course there is that tick box "Enable Centering Spring" and I had left it unchecked. I checked that and jesus everything changed. So for some reason this game need that to be checked/enabled. There hasn't been any problems in any other games. However THANK YOU! This changed everything :D
 1 user liked this post.
#390 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:20:55 PM(UTC)
Glad your wheel is feeling better for you with Blue's help..he is very good and very knowledgeable with FFB. I think most people having issues with thier wheels are missing a setting somewhere or trying to input part of a set up ( a posted set up at 540 DOR but they drive in 720 DOR so adjust all the settings exept 720 to 540 as an example ) and this is not going to give the same results in most cases. I know how good my wheel is now so there are settings that work out there. One thing that also makes it hard to please e everyone is many of the players have never actually driven an actual race car in race conditions so we have to imagine what that would feel like and try to make our wheels mimic this imagined feeling. ........ ( right or not ). What feels good for me may not feel good for you. Hard to tell how far apart we are with the feel of the wheel without trying both to compare. Then consider all the different makes and models, the add PC or console. A lot of variables but there are combinations that feel really good out there...just have to play around and find them.

As an example yesterday in freeplay at Daytona oval daytime car selection as any (unlimited) I just ran a lap that put me at #14 out of approx 50,000 people and at an oval once the tune is good it's all about the feel around the corners. If my wheel was as bad as what some are saying there should be no way I could do this. I really like the wheel now. I have found that some of my older tunes don't feel as good as before so just have to do a bit of tweaking. Also the base stock tunes on most cars is not very good either. Most will improve a bunch with a decent tune.

Edited by user Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:22:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#391 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:52:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
Also the base stock tunes on most cars is not very good either.

This one actually has a lot of variables in it in all honesty, such as driving style and environment. I use the cars in their stock form a lot, its actually my preferred method of practising driving in racing games. It allows me to see how the cars behave at their base level, and then I can change them from there. I find most road cars in their stock form, to be really good to drive. Some are more challenging than others, but then some cars are IRL. Hence why cars like the Mclaren P1 are designed to be driven with their traction control systems in place, and even cars from BMW and Mercedes have gone in that direction. In Forza, a fair portion of us are guilty of turning the in game TCS/STM off. Obviously the virtual counterparts dont work like the real life system on the cars, but thats obviously going to cause the cars to feel bad. All racing games are guilty of this though, even ones with robust TCS systems in place. I am a firm believer in learning the driving aspect, over the tuning aspect. Tuning is good for edging out at the higher end of the skill level band, but its useless if your driving is just off pace; or worse.

With regards to environment, take the BMW GT car that was added recently for instance. Drive that on the Nurburgring GP circuit in its stock form, and it feels rather nice and relatively smooth. Take it out on the Nordschleife in stock trim though, it has a whole different feel to it; due to the bumpier nature of the Ring. That feeling is conveyed in the new force feedback. It was hard to tell the difference with environment with the force feedback pre-update, as there was just no road feel at all; from any aspect of the old FFB system. With the new system, its very easy to tell if the cars suspension and dampers are too stiff. This, I can imagine, is where a lot of the "bumps and knocks" people are feeling in the force feedback, is actually coming from. From driving tuned and/or race cars.

Since the new FFB update, the tune and drive type of the car actually makes a noticeable difference in force feedback feel. Difference in cars on the same track are just as noticeable as the same car in a different environment. I have been tuning my force feedback using cars like the E30 M3, and the Honda NSX on multiple tracks. Getting a feeling I like, and then testing it with race cars and drift tuned cars, fine tuning in very small increments as needed. As it stands now, I have a very nice feeling with the force feedback, one I am really pleased with. I love how changes to the cars, or driving different drive trains and engine layouts feel.

Still, there are issues with the FFB. Soft locking really needs to be added, its a necessity in any simulation based racing game; and a feature that leaves the wheel support lacking when compared to competitors.

1 user liked this post.
#392 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 3:35:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
Also the base stock tunes on most cars is not very good either.

With regards to environment, take the BMW GT car that was added recently for instance. Drive that on the Nurburgring GP circuit in its stock form, and it feels rather nice and relatively smooth. Take it out on the Nordschleife in stock trim though, it has a whole different feel to it; due to the bumpier nature of the Ring. That feeling is conveyed in the new force feedback. It was hard to tell the difference with environment with the force feedback pre-update, as there was just no road feel at all; from any aspect of the old FFB system. With the new system, its very easy to tell if the cars suspension and dampers are too stiff. This, I can imagine, is where a lot of the "bumps and knocks" people are feeling in the force feedback, is actually coming from. From driving tuned and/or race cars.

Since the new FFB update, the tune and drive type of the car actually makes a noticeable difference in force feedback feel. Difference in cars on the same track are just as noticeable as the same car in a different environment. I have been tuning my force feedback using cars like the E30 M3, and the Honda NSX on multiple tracks. Getting a feeling I like, and then testing it with race cars and drift tuned cars, fine tuning in very small increments as needed. As it stands now, I have a very nice feeling with the force feedback, one I am really pleased with. I love how changes to the cars, or driving different drive trains and engine layouts feel.

Still, there are issues with the FFB. Soft locking really needs to be added, its a necessity in any simulation based racing game; and a feature that leaves the wheel support lacking when compared to competitors.

I'd have to agree with this, it really depends on the car and the tune also has an impact on the feel. Really useful note about springs and dampers. I just went back to my original posted settings and did a direct comparison to my latest on the same car, and guess what ... not a whole lot of difference. This is because - I now believe - that the tune is very good on that car - '05 M3 (I've been working on it a bit for an upcoming series). I was doing my more recent testing on the TVR - very unforgiving, and so the higher Damping and lower Road Feel felt right on that car. What to conclude from all of this? I think if you find something that feels right on a car you like to drive - stick with it. If you start feeling too many bumps and twitches on another car or track, you may be able to tune it out, but the track will also dictate. I really think I could tweak endlessly, and there is no perfect setup. As I've stated a few times now, very happy with the settings, and that goes for all variants I've published to date. I hope mt TM settings help some of you, and that you find the right balance.

1 user liked this post.
#393 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 3:37:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TinPeach Go to Quoted Post
I was originally running settings based on the FACR Official video on YouTube. But, have just sampled the delights of FACR Mechanicals posted earlier (haven't tried the revised posted since). Superb is all I can say. Great feedback, great feel... I could go on.

All I can say is, thanks for posting your thoughts FACR Mechanical on wheel setup. Without hesitation the best I have used and, after a long PC2 session befirehand, allowed me to jump straight back in ot Forza without the usual adjustment time yo uneed to reserve between differing games.

Just to add, although the settings were for the better performing TX, I'm using a lowly TMX, and as I say the results are still top notch.

No worries mate, glad they helped. Any of the variants I've posted seem to work well, it's all down to personal preference. If you like what you have, I'd say stick to it.

1 user liked this post.
#394 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 4:31:31 PM(UTC)
. a posted set up at 540 DOR but they drive in 720 DOR so adjust all the settings exept 720 to 540 as an example ) and this is not going to give the same results in most cases

Good point Dan. I've never even looked at DOR since I did my original wheel setup after launch - 540 just felt right at the time. This seemed like a great time to revisit that setting. I just adjusted to 720 DOR (which is what I have set on the control panel) and it actually felt a whole lot better again, much more progressive and responsive to smoother inputs - I love it! Thanks for drawing my attention to the one setting I never looked at.

So i guess I'll now republish a final set of figures for anyone on a Thrusty :

VS 65*
FFBS 85
ATS 110
MTS 165
PTS 110
RFS 55*
WDS 60*
CSS 25
WRA 720**
SL 50***

* Try scaling these up and down to find your sweet spot - I find if VS goes up then put RFS down and vice versa. WDS purely is personal preference.
** Personal preference but 720 is better than 540 - again - find your sweet spot
*** 50 feels most natural. I started at 46 but edged back to 50 as the other settings developed.

This is my last list of settings (promise)!

Good luck, and have fun out on the track - the new FFB is incredible, and makes what was already a great game, just unbelievable!
#395 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 4:38:29 PM(UTC)
I have the thrustmaster tx and i have never experienced this oscillation everyone keeps talking about. Is this a pc specific thing or what, because im on xbox and havent had this issue.
 1 user liked this post.
#396 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:55:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FACR Mechanical Go to Quoted Post
. a posted set up at 540 DOR but they drive in 720 DOR so adjust all the settings exept 720 to 540 as an example ) and this is not going to give the same results in most cases

Good point Dan. I've never even looked at DOR since I did my original wheel setup after launch - 540 just felt right at the time. This seemed like a great time to revisit that setting. I just adjusted to 720 DOR (which is what I have set on the control panel) and it actually felt a whole lot better again, much more progressive and responsive to smoother inputs - I love it! Thanks for drawing my attention to the one setting I never looked at.

VS 65*
FFBS 85
ATS 110
MTS 165
PTS 110
RFS 55*
WDS 60*
CSS 25
WRA 720**
SL 50***

* Try scaling these up and down to find your sweet spot - I find if VS goes up then put RFS down and vice versa. WDS purely is personal preference.
** Personal preference but 720 is better than 540 - again - find your sweet spot
*** 50 feels most natural. I started at 46 but edged back to 50 as the other settings developed.

Good luck, and have fun out on the track - the new FFB is incredible, and makes what was already a great game, just unbelievable!

Are you using Sim or Normal steering...this also can make a big difference......I use Sim as it allows you to feel more of the weight shifting on the cars, but is more challenging ( until you get used to it)

I was a 360DOR guy until about 2 years ago and moved up to 540. Now with the new FFB in game, and not finding the feel I was looking for I moved up to 720 and it really helped smooth out some of the clunky feel without adjusting the road feel out completely. I never used to like 720 but I now know I did not have the FFB adjusted correctly for it to feel good. The new FFB adjustments give so much more adjustments that 720 now feels really good. You have to work at the fine tuning but your set up and Ialyrn's set up were my set ups I used as a benchmark and ended up using some of both along with some of my minor adjustments yo find my feel. I like to feel the back end of the car stepping out in the wheels feel and I can feel that now. Love feeling the weight transferring in the corners and using that transfer to my advantage....amazing how much you can now feel in the wheel.

My bottom line is I would like to be fast and could set up my FFB to be really smooth and fast but I would rather be a bit slower and the wheel feeling as realistic as possible even if I loose a bit of speed by doing that...just what I like total immersion and with my 7.2 surround and the butt kicker feeding the seat vibration it is as close to the real thing that I will probably ever get...at least I think it feels that way...LOL I have never driven in an actual racing environment to know that feeling.

Edited by user Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:06:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#397 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:12:10 PM(UTC)
Yep, super improvement from the non-existent feedback of before. One of the better games for feedback now. I find my brake pedal just fine (using t3pa pro) but of course went and set all dead zones to 0.
#398 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:03:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FACR Mechanical Go to Quoted Post

VS 65*
FFBS 85
ATS 110
MTS 165
PTS 110
RFS 55*
WDS 60*
CSS 25
WRA 720**
SL 50***

Are you using Sim or Normal steering...this also can make a big difference......I use Sim as it allows you to feel more of the weight shifting on the cars, but is more challenging ( until you get used to it)

I was a 360DOR guy until about 2 years ago and moved up to 540. Now with the new FFB in game, and not finding the feel I was looking for I moved up to 720 and it really helped smooth out some of the clunky feel without adjusting the road feel out completely. I never used to like 720 but I now know I did not have the FFB adjusted correctly for it to feel good. The new FFB adjustments give so much more adjustments that 720 now feels really good. You have to work at the fine tuning but your set up and Ialyrn's set up were my set ups I used as a benchmark and ended up using some of both along with some of my minor adjustments yo find my feel. I like to feel the back end of the car stepping out in the wheels feel and I can feel that now. Love feeling the weight transferring in the corners and using that transfer to my advantage....amazing how much you can now feel in the wheel.

My bottom line is I would like to be fast and could set up my FFB to be really smooth and fast but I would rather be a bit slower and the wheel feeling as realistic as possible even if I loose a bit of speed by doing that...just what I like total immersion and with my 7.2 surround and the butt kicker feeding the seat vibration it is as close to the real thing that I will probably ever get...at least I think it feels that way...LOL I have never driven in an actual racing environment to know that feeling.

Well I am happy to make any adjustment where it feels more natural but I've never used Sim Steering as it I ever caught the dirt it would be a disaster. Might try it for a laugh. I agree the FFB is now excellent - personally it makes me faster to feel more feedback so I'm happy all round. To be honest it's the same as everything, takes a while to get used to, but then you can nail it.

1 user liked this post.
#399 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:20:22 PM(UTC)
With Sim steering you get used of being pro-active..meaning you kind of adjust wheel as it happens because you feel more of the car. You feel the weight transferring and adjust from the feel of the wheel. There is a lot more information being given from the wheel with Sim, you have to kind of learn what it's telling you though and you have to be up on the wheel too. I have friends that come and play once or twice a year and they do ok with it so it's not impossible but it will take a bit to get your lap times to where they are with Normal.
I compare it to Normal making Forza more like a Need for speed game but not as bad and Sim bringing even more Immersion from feeling the weight transfer a lot more.
#400 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:23:15 PM(UTC)
I think with Sim steering I steer a
Nearly as much with the accelerator pedal than the wheel as I can add or let up and turn without hardly moving the wheel, that's how I make my micro changes in a long corner but you have to be smoother with the wheel inputs.
47 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error