This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
46 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 11:04:46 AM(UTC)
Great news for us wheel users!
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 11:29:23 AM(UTC)
Skeptical.....

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 12:27:53 PM(UTC)
But, can we adjust the FoV?
#4 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 2:34:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
Skeptical.....

Yeah, us Bounty Hunters better set our best lap time at Watkins Glen while we can.
#5 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 3:16:24 PM(UTC)
Why because we haven't had decent FFB since FM3... Let's see if Turn 10 gets this right
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 4:49:41 PM(UTC)
If its anything like FH4 then they just ruined FM7 too. Lord I hope it's not.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 10:52:20 AM(UTC)
Not good !

As suspected it's worse then before the update.

Been messing with the settings now for about an hour and just can't get it right.
The explanation next to the selected setting isn't really clear either.

I'll reset my console to see if that magically fixes it.

I can not believe that there is someone upstairs in the office sitting behind a wheel thinking, ' hey, this is really good. Let's release this to the public'

It's been a good, yet disappointing few years.
Ill ride this one out with some swearing and cussing until a pc is build.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:08:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

10 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:01:19 AM(UTC)
Play with the ffb scales! I am loving it!

A post i made on the content thread.

I am loving the ffb so far with my Fanatec csw v2 and v3 pedals! ffb feels more realistic! The old ffb just felt noise to me! One thing i am trying to get used to are the slides. On one hand the slides are way more easily saved(NICE!), but also seem more easily started. This is the most i have wanted to fire up fm7 and play than i have to date! Hopefully i am not alone in thinking that Turn 10 are more serious about the FM series now than ever! Thanks Turn 10!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:05:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:15:20 AM(UTC)
First impressions are very promising. Will post more but so far so good compared to the last iteration of FFB
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:37:56 AM(UTC)
If anyone is using a thrustmaster TX can you share your new settings please
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:45:54 AM(UTC)
It feels better yes, but my brakes are going 100% way too easily and because of that, locking up. I removed all dead zones and it's still like that.

Using a G29, that is not the case with other racing games, as I actually have to put a lot of pressure on the brakes in order to get 100% because of that rubber piece. So yea, something is wrong.
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:47:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MakeMeLaugh27 Go to Quoted Post
It feels better yes, but my brakes are going 100% way too easily and because of that, locking up. I removed all dead zones and it's still like that.

Using a G29, that is not the case with other racing games, as I actually have to put a lot of pressure on the brakes in order to get 100% because of that rubber piece. So yea, something is wrong.

Lower the brake pressure in tuning perhaps?
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:47:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PXM Twizt3d Go to Quoted Post

I will once I actually get the settings nailed in but sho far the only thing I've done is set vibration, centre spring & damping to 0
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:49:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

I will once I actually get the settings nailed in but sho far the only thing I've done is set vibration, centre spring & damping to 0

Great thanks. So far what are your first impressions?
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:55:07 AM(UTC)

Great thanks. So far what are your first impressions?

Looks promising but without dialing the settings in I'm not 100% sure. The road feel is the biggest improvement so far.
 3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:58:47 AM(UTC)
I like it! Now I've finally tested with sim steering and no assists, and the FFB is actually very communicative. I can catch slides much easier than before. FYI I set centering spring to 0, and damping to very low, like 20.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:01:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:01:42 PM(UTC)

Can't unless I install new brakes, but those will break the homolgation PI. Anyway, that's not a car problem, it's a FFB problem.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:02:54 PM(UTC)

Can't unless I install new brakes, but those will break the homolgation PI. Anyway, that's not a car problem, it's a FFB problem.

I haven't had that glitch yet.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:08:49 PM(UTC)
Feeling great for me so far.

I haven't had that glitch yet.

Yeah haven't had it either. It also can't really be a FFB problem as the FFB doesn't touch the brakes at all?

Maybe something doesn't like the specific wheel on his specific setup?
#20 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:10:31 PM(UTC)
Have you tried re-calibrating your wheel perhaps?
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:18:26 PM(UTC)

FFB has nothing to do with brake pedal, you have to calibrate pedals every time you plug the wheel/start the console. Press them as hard as possible once and then PC/console knows it's maximum value

#22 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:27:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: yoyoML Go to Quoted Post
I like it! Now I've finally tested with sim steering and no assists, and the FFB is actually very communicative. I can catch slides much easier than before. FYI I set centering spring to 0, and damping to very low, like 20.

What wheel you use?

#23 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:30:44 PM(UTC)
When I said FFB, I meant the pedals obviously, not the wheel. How much you press the brakes and how much the brake bar fills in game. With a small amount of pressure, the bar pretty much fills completely. I don't know if they decided to put some compensation since the rubber is a problem for a lot of people on the G29.

Again, other games are fine. In fact, I have to put a lot of pressure to get 100% in ACC for example. With the pressure necessary to get 100% here, I can probably only hit 60~70% in ACC.
 3 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:31:55 PM(UTC)
if anyone gets the g29 to feel have as good as it did before the update please post. it is very numb feeling now :( why did they have to change it.....
 5 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:32:24 PM(UTC)
[Mods - I posted this in the general discussion thread about the update before I saw this dedicated FFB thread, no intention to repeat so if you want/have to delete the other post that's fully understood]

Initial impressions of the new FFB are great, what a huge improvement, finally some decent road feel and feedback in Forza!

The initial default setting were way too strong - all wheel weight with no feel and some weird kick back sensations from the wheel - for my TX458 wheel I had to lower the FFB to 80, Wheel Damper to 75 and Centre Spring to 40. Other than that I've left the other settings as they are for now. Lowering the FFB below 80 lost too much weight and the cars seems to become floaty and difficult to recover in a slide. This is using 900 DOR, no assists and Sim steering setting.

Overall impression:

+++ Throttle control is now much more sensitive with great feedback through the wheel, push too hard and the sense of the rear wheels spinning and rear of the car starting to rotate is palpable.
+++ Road feel and feedback through the wheel even on straights, the wheels now feel like they are still connected to the track and moving realistically with the surface. The previous 'dead' feel in a straight line was one of the biggest flaws in Forza's feedback.
+++ Lift and traction loss can now be directly experienced through the wheel.

Here is what I've noticed most so far using two car I know and like (with the same tunes as for the previous FFB) Ferrari 360 CS and Aston Martin 2016 Vantage GT12:

A700 360 CS at Watkins Glen:

+ Much improved sense of turn in and how much grip the tyres have
+ Kerbs are deadly if accelerating too hard, can be recovered but it's certainly not easy. There is plenty of grip on the track so definitely a bigger reaction to the kerbs than before.
+ The feeling of being 'on the edge' of grip especially driving up the hill through the Esses onto the back straight is much more pronounced. The best description I can give is the car feeling like it is on tip toes.

S800 Aston Vantage GT12 at Brands Hatch GP

+++ The final turn, Clark Curve really demonstrates how lift can now be felt through the wheel, braking into Clark then waiting to see the exit and get back on the power, as the throttle is reapplied the front of the car lifts slightly, the wheel goes light as the front tyres lose traction and the sense the car is trying to rotate as the rear wheel struggle for grip is perfectly relayed.

+++ The road feel all around Brands Hatch is no so much better, the wheel feels talkative throughout the lap as it is for real.

So far so good with the 2 tuned cars I know well, we'll see as time goes on how the rest feel and if I find any improvements in the settings.

Bottom line - the improvements certainly got my heart racing, I felt really connected to the car in a way I haven't for a long time in Forza. That feeling of connection, realism and excitement is what I am looking for in a game so at first play this is a good improvement.
46 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error