This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 1:30:18 PM(UTC)
December Update & Forza Monthly
Quote:
Heads up! Next week will see the launch of the December update for Forza Motorsport 7. Look for the details on what’s coming with the December update on Monday right here on FM.net.

The next episode of Forza Monthly will be broadcast live on Thursday, December 13. Yes, that’s the same day as the launch of the Fortune Island expansion for Forza Horizon 4 and, no, that’s not a coincidence. In addition to checking out Fortune Island with members of Playground Games, we’ll be diving deep into the upcoming Forza Race Regulations system in Forza Motorsport 7 with developers from Turn 10. We’ll also be looking at the December update for Forza Motorsport 7 as well and we’ll have a few surprises and special guests along the way. You can find the show on the Forza Mixer and Twitch channels, don’t miss it!

www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_11_30_18

Version1.150.9277.0
505 MB on Xbox One / S
795 MB on Xbox One / PC

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360013188353-FM7-Release-Notes-December-4-2018
Quote:
GENERAL
  • Driving shaking HUD effects are now set to off by default. Players can still enable these effects in the HUD menu.
  • Fixed unaligned text in Distance Ahead HUD leaderboard.
  • Fixed an issue where, in Split Screen races, timed races are missing the “Time Remaining” HUD element.
  • Fixed an issue in Split Screen where active controller indicator HUD element remained on screen after game was un-paused.
  • Fixed an issue in Split Screen where Total Distance HUD was not displayed.
  • Added a Target Score element to Drift Rivals events.
  • Target Time element will now update once you’ve beaten a Rival.
  • “Next Rival” HUD element will now update after first Rivals score/time was beat.
  • Fixed an issue in Rivals where Target Time would disappear when menu is brought up before last lap element goes away.
  • Fixed an issue where, when using the Conditional HUD setting, the race position HUD element does not appear when gaining or losing places.
  • Fixed an issue where on PC and X1X versions of the game, Forzavista Tunes and Upgrades help buttons are not visible in 4K.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were unable to save changes to Steering Angle from the Homespace/Forzavista tuning menus.
  • Fixed an issue where extreme damper setting was causing jittering and vibration in Thrustmaster wheels.
  • If an AI car and a player cross the finish line at the same time, the win will now go to the player.
  • In Free Play, attempting to homologate the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 to the Sport GT Division requires the player to go through the homologate sequence twice in order to successfully homologate the car.

MULTIPLAYER
  • Removed Current Lap HUD element from all Tag game types.
  • Total Distance HUD element in Timed Races will now count total distance over all laps, instead of resetting after each lap.
  • In Meetups, players in race and in the lobby now share the same voice chat session and can hear one another.
  • Fixed an issue where a player’s car disappeared if they toggle Simulation Damage to on in a Private MP match. This fix also applies to cars disappearing in public MP matches after contact or after pitting.
  • Fixed an issue where players were left unable to Ready up or Spectate in a Private MP lobby if all players quit out of the race before finishing.

AUDIO
  • Fixed an issue where game music would cut out after the initial Multiplayer experience video.

PC
  • Fixed an issue where, in Specialty Dealer, highlighting non-selected tiles with the mouse displays a red border instead of a blue one. In addition, when a driver is selected in Manual Grid Ordering, they are highlighted in red (instead of blue).
  • Fixed an issue where some players would encounter a black screen after selecting “Restart” in the post-race menu in Rivals.
  • Fixed an issue where, when the player hovered a mouse over any options in the “Sort/Filter” menu the option would flash and flicker.
  • Pressing the ForzaRC button when playing on PC will now display a warning to the player that they will be opening an external application.

In addition to the above, the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 and 1991 BMW M3 FE (Spotlight Rivals reward and random Milestone reward option) have been added as Exclusive cars and the 2000 BMW Z8 is now no longer a unicorn (it's available to buy). The 2018 BMW M8 GTE is a free addition for everyone.
https://twitter.com/Forz...tus/1069666088403648513

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_december_update
Forza Motorsport 7 December Update

[MM: bold emphasis added]

Quote:
Brian Ekberg
Monday, December 3, 2018
We’re sprucing things up with the December update for Forza Motorsport 7, which arrives on December 4 on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Over the past few months, while Turn 10 has been adding new features and functionality to the game based on community feedback, we’ve also been working on giving the Forza 7 menus a fresh coat of paint. The first result of all that hard work arrives this month for all players to enjoy. We’ve also introduced some upgrades and improvements throughout other areas of the game as well, including a much-improved force feedback system for wheel users, a new dynamic opponent labels system, a new Spotlight car coming free for all Forza 7 players, alongside lots of improvements and fixes across the game.

Here’s a deeper look at what’s included in the December update, starting with a look at this month’s Spotlight car:

2018 #1 BMW M Motorsport M8 GTE
After a seven-year hiatus, BMW has returned to the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Adding fanfare is the fact that the M8 GTE raced in both the FIA WEC endurance series and the IMSA series before the production model became available for sale. Call it reverse engineering of the best kind since this M8 GTE is the first BMW manufactured from the ground up as an LM GTE homologated car, instead of being built from an existing platform. Significant weight savings, obvious safety equipment, and extensive aero make this a custom-built racecar. What a production M8 will look like we don’t yet know. We do know is that the M8 GTE was able to keep pace at the Circuit de la Sarthe and in IMSA, BMW teams garnered two wins and finished fourth in the highly competitive GTLM class, proving it as a viable racing platform. Best of all, now you can find out for yourself how it performs.

Updated Force Feedback
The December update introduces some important changes to force feedback in Forza 7. The new force feedback is a full physically based system utilizing Forza Motorsport 7’s suspension kinematics and tire modeling to send tire loads to the steering wheel. It produces a more intuitive feel with more accurate align torque and a solid feeling of connection to the road.

Importantly for wheel users, this new wheel update completely replaces the old system, which means players’ tuning values from before December will be reset. Wheel users will need to tune from scratch to take advantage of this new and improved system. For a full rundown of the new force feedback system, check out the updated FM7 Wheel Guide on the Forza Support site.

A Fresh Coat of Paint
When you start up Forza Motorsport 7 after Tuesday’s update, straight away you’re going to notice some visual changes. In addition to a new splash screen, we’ve made some significant improvements to the main menu.The old slightly angled menu is replaced with a new flat layout. The car and driver have moved to the right-hand side of the screen. In addition, we’ve replaced the black and white image backgrounds for the menu tiles with beautiful new color images. Sharp-eyed players will also notice that we’ve changed the tile highlight color from red to blue, and we’ve changed the opacity of tiles that do not have artwork, to make those tiles feel more active. The team has also improved transition times for certain menu items; for example, it now takes less time to get to the Forza Driver’s Cup menu when selecting that tile from the main menu.

New Opponent Labels
The menus aren’t the only items getting a visual overhaul in December. This update also introduces a new opponent label system into the game. These labels are the information panels that you see in multiplayer lobbies, showing a player’s Gamertag, Forza driver level, and badge above the car. The new opponent label system brings a uniform, flattened look to these labels. Labels will also be dynamic, shifting between three “states” depending on an opponent’s proximity to the player.

The closest “full” state presents a player’s Gamertag, their position in the race, and some event-relevant information such as distance ahead (or behind, when looking backwards), total drift score, or “It” status when playing Tag games. At medium distance, opponent labels will be shown in condensed state, with just a player’s GT and position shown. A furthest distance, labels will appear in “far” state, showing just the player’s position in the race.

We’ve also made some design adjustments to in-race HUD information items with the December update. For example, the lap time HUD elements have been made more uniform and the lap counter has moved to the upper right corner of the screen.

The new menus and new opponent labels are part of an ongoing effort to offer players a great looking and informative Forza Motorsport 7 experience. Look for more updates to these aspects of the game in the coming months.

Other Updates
The December update is bringing more good stuff with it as well. Rivals players will now automatically get a new ghost car to challenge after they’ve beaten a Rival. In addition, Specialty Dealer will now display the original collector score alongside the updated collector score, as well as both original price and “sale” price, along with the discount percentage.

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Comparison between the very first menu at game launch in 2017, and the new version:

https://twitter.com/Forz...atus/1070037734822076416

Edited by user Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:37:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 7:09:57 PM(UTC)
Having both the Concept and the production model in the game triggers my OCD.

I hope T10 give us something special in December. It'd help set up a great 2019, when the Race Regulations finally do arrive.

Edited by user Friday, November 30, 2018 7:10:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#3 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 7:14:26 PM(UTC)
Wewhew great. It would be nice if I could actually play the game without Load failed - unknown error!!
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 12:11:37 AM(UTC)
car sounds will probably still be trash *sigh*
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 2:27:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MetalCurve22 Go to Quoted Post

Trash? In which game? Horizon 4 or Motorsport 7?

3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 5:17:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

Both?
 3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 5:41:13 AM(UTC)
Sucks they're not sticking with the traditional first Monday of the month for the monthly stream, we have to wait basically another 2 weeks smh. I just hope they finally give us the last car pack for Forza 7 already, been nearly 6 months since the last one.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 9:32:03 AM(UTC)
Here's hoping that Turn 10 and Playground Games finally put out some information regarding Forza Horizon 4's horrible multiplayer and how they intend to fix it. I've already mostly moved on to other games (Battlefield V, Fallout 76), and I expect Fortune Island will only occupy a bit of my time before it's played out as well.
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 10:45:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

I have Forza 7 for one s.

3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 2:48:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SadPandaOregon Go to Quoted Post
Here's hoping that Turn 10 and Playground Games finally put out some information regarding Forza Horizon 4's horrible multiplayer and how they intend to fix it. I've already mostly moved on to other games (Battlefield V, Fallout 76), and I expect Fortune Island will only occupy a bit of my time before it's played out as well.

You sir just mentioned two games which have so many bugs or are so politically correct that your whole opinion can not be taken seriously... Charlie. Come back to earth.
 3 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 2:54:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VanQuins Go to Quoted Post

You sir just mentioned two games which have so many bugs or are so politically correct that your whole opinion can not be taken seriously... Charlie. Come back to earth.

I was thinking the same thing. How can you call something else horrible when you bought FO76 and BF5?
 4 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 9:46:15 PM(UTC)

We need race regulations 1000 times more than having them go out and re-record sounds.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:39:54 AM(UTC)

Please, tell me you were joking. While the competitive MP is horrible in FH4 (and so is in FM7 until we finally get those race regulations), these 2 games are 107 times worse in every aspect.
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 1:53:08 AM(UTC)
So no race regs in Dec update? If not then this is just pathetic.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 4:32:39 AM(UTC)
Wow it blows my mind when people give snotty replies to posts they obviously didnt fully read or cant comprehend. He never said battlefield or fallout were better than horizon or that the problems they have arent as bad as horizons. All he said is that he has mostly moved on from horizon due to the horrible multiplayer which is probably the case for many other people.
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 7:17:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Wow it blows my mind when people give snotty replies to posts they obviously didnt fully read or cant comprehend. He never said battlefield or fallout were better than horizon or that the problems they have arent as bad as horizons. All he said is that he has mostly moved on from horizon due to the horrible multiplayer which is probably the case for many other people.

Everyone understood what he said. It's you who didn't understand the replies. Here's the thing, I won't take anyone seriously if they bought FO76, before or after the launch.
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 10:07:41 AM(UTC)

If he thinks BF5 is more to his liking, of course he finds BF5 better than Forza.

I have no idea if it's a bad game, IMO DICE shot themselves in the foot when trying to keep the campaign as opposed to what BO3 did but going PC with it by having a female agent as protagonist of the game at a time when this wasn't common (Wolfenstein, which features the occult and steampunk tech, was actually more accurate). But a game like BF5 must be judged on merit of its online mode.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:30:51 PM(UTC)

This.

FH3 is my favorite game of all time. FH4 is so terribly beneath it, I can't stand to play it for long periods.

Say what you will about BF5 and FO76, at least their respective developers are willing to respond to community complaints about their products and attempt to address them. PG is too busy trying to extract more money from fans with a new expansion to fix flaws in the base game that make it an unfun mess.

Insult me if you like; that doesn't change the fact that FH4's multiplayer is godawful and its single-player campaign is limited by the season system.

Edited by user Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:31:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 1:23:38 PM(UTC)
I can't wait to see the progress on the race regulation system and hopefully if there's a free car for the month, then it's a racecar that was made after 2016. Especially since something like the IR 18 or the Oreca 07 or even a whole car pack of currently used racecars would be a great way to kick off the introduction of the race regs.
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 1:45:22 PM(UTC)
It's probably going to be another retro/classic racecar, which I don't mind. I'm just wondering what they're going to be doing with this new update for FM7. As for FH4, aside from Fortune Island, I hope they fix MP. I don't know if this problem's restricted to only my XBOX, but I lag out too much to even have fun at all. Plus the experience in multiplayer isn't *horrible*, but it could be better
Still learning to tune. Probably will always be learning. If anyone wants a decent track tune, message me on Xbox.
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 2:19:49 PM(UTC)
Say what you will about BF5 and FO76, at least their respective developers are willing to respond to community complaints about their products and attempt to address them.

Omg, this is hilarious hahahahahaha.
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 6:03:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

If he thinks BF5 is more to his liking, of course he finds BF5 better than Forza.

I have no idea if it's a bad game, IMO DICE shot themselves in the foot when trying to keep the campaign as opposed to what BO3 did but going PC with it by having a female agent as protagonist of the game at a time when this wasn't common (Wolfenstein, which features the occult and steampunk tech, was actually more accurate). But a game like BF5 must be judged on merit of its online mode.

He never stated in his original post what game he liked better, only that he had mostly moved on to other games. I just think all these games have issues and it really shouldnt be a competition as to which game is the best of the worst.
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 7:43:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post

We need race regulations 1000 times more than having them go out and re-record sounds.

-k

We need both equally...

#24 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 7:27:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post

-k

They do not have to rerecord it. E.g. for the Horizon 4 Vipers they only had to take the sounds from Motorsport 7 instead of that trash they currently use.
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 7:42:33 AM(UTC)

Say what you will about BF5 and FO76, at least their respective developers are willing to respond to community complaints about their products and attempt to address them.

PG and T10 have done the exact same thing, so I'm not sure what your problem is here.

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error