5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#76 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 3:38:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Dazzar Go to Quoted Post
After abandoning the online aspect FH4 I am now abandoning the Forzathons too. I used to love both aspects of FH3. But after the frankly silly massive skill accumulation aspects of love the car rubbish, followed by this, I'm out. I had to first grind to level 6 of the speed traps even to be able to attempt it, then find that without an 812 it was ggogling and youtube vids to try and help. Even then after 20 odd attempts I can only get to 229mph. Whilst some find this fun, frankly I think its absurd, and most importantly, NOT FUN. I'm going to stick to single player standard races.

This will be the last pre order Ultimate Forza I buy. There is just sooo much wrong with the last 2 Forza's on release. Its been a while since a game has frustrated me so much. Well done PG. I can only assume that was your intent with these Forzathons and the online direction. It certainly hasnt been designed for fun/enjoyment. Who in their right mind thought making players without a special car, spend 100k's on a car and turkey shoot tune. Well perhaps if you're into S&M.

TL:DR Forzathon is badly conceived and executed in FH4.

[Mod redacted - D]. If you had to "grind" to level 6 of the speed traps then you either just are not cut out for driving games or hardly play the game.
It's no loss if you dont play the game. There are thousands of other keen players that will carry on having great racing games made for them, and enjoying the challenges.

Personally I have loved it being a proper challenge for a change. Most people do it because it is there to be conquered not because of a few Forzathons points. You can amass hundreds and hundreds of points just by doing Forzathon Live anyway.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:34:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 3:58:42 PM(UTC)
No need for insults. You don't like my opinion fine. But calling people names is uncalled for.

The point of my critique of level 6 requirement, is that in FH3 you could play a Forzathon at anytime with no need to level a particular race criteria.

Also, I never said I would stop playing the game. I said I wouldn't be doing another Forzathon in FH4.
#78 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 4:28:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheJackal GN Go to Quoted Post
After abandoning the online aspect FH4 I am now abandoning the Forzathons too. I used to love both aspects of FH3. But after the frankly silly massive skill accumulation aspects of love the car rubbish, followed by this, I'm out. I had to first grind to level 6 of the speed traps even to be able to attempt it, then find that without an 812 it was ggogling and youtube vids to try and help. Even then after 20 odd attempts I can only get to 229mph. Whilst some find this fun, frankly I think its absurd, and most importantly, NOT FUN. I'm going to stick to single player standard races.

This will be the last pre order Ultimate Forza I buy. There is just sooo much wrong with the last 2 Forza's on release. Its been a while since a game has frustrated me so much. Well done PG. I can only assume that was your intent with these Forzathons and the online direction. It certainly hasnt been designed for fun/enjoyment. Who in their right mind thought making players without a special car, spend 100k's on a car and turkey shoot tune. Well perhaps if you're into S&M.

[Mod redacted - D]. If you had to "grind" to level 6 of the speed traps then you either just are not cut out for driving games or hardly play the game.
It's no loss if you dont play the game. There are thousands of other keen players that will carry on having great racing games made for them, and enjoying the challenges.

Personally I have loved it being a proper challenge for a change. Most people do it because it is there to be conquered not because of a few Forzathons points. You can amass hundreds and hundreds of points just by doing Forzathon Live anyway.

No need to insult another player. If you want to make it "Hard" then try doing it with a less than ideal tune or car. That is what I do, however, the achievements shouldn't be too hard for everyone. There should be consistency with all the Achievements and there is not and no they shouldn't cater to the most skilled or smallest percentage of players.

You have the choice to make the Achievement harder using another car or tune.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:34:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
 2 users liked this post.
#79 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 5:08:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WritesCode4Food Go to Quoted Post

No need to insult another player. If you want to make it "Hard" then try doing it with a less than ideal tune or car. That is what I do, however, the achievements shouldn't be too hard for everyone. There should be consistency with all the Achievements and there is not and no they shouldn't cater to the most skilled or smallest percentage of players.

I agree with no need for insults.

No I should not have to make the game hard by handicapping myself. The game should cater for all skill levels.

Achievements should not need to be consistent. There should be the odd achievement here and there that requires some level of skill or effort, after all they are called "achieve"ments. In other games I have unfulfilled achievements because I found them too hard. Its not the end of the world.

For Forzathon a solution I think that may work is set the weekly challenges at a reasonable difficulty level but have a bonus hard challenge for a small level of bonus points.

Sorry but forcing the skilled players to make the game hard by handicapping themselves is not fun. And sure if you want to cater for the masses and turn the skilled players away go for it - I understand the business maths behind that.

I blame the ants.
#80 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 6:29:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheJackal GN Go to Quoted Post

Where is the "achievement" though
Its just a challenge which seriously is NOT that hard and should be able to be done with any of the super GT cars
You dont need 1 particular car with 1 specific tune
It's just easier using certain cars

As has been stated several times in this thread already people have suggested numerous cars and even given tunes to help those that are having trouble

There were similar threads in fh3 as well

People talk about grinding to get to certain levels so they can compete the events
This was the same in fh3 as well but at least there you could join online freeroam to beat speedtraps that you hadnt opened yet in single player

Edited by user Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:33:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 10:05:25 PM(UTC)
Also it isn't as impossible as it is made out to be. The issue is most people promote and share how they did it from west towards the east. From East towards the west is a much easier direction thanks to the longer straight and the slight downhill bit at start of straight. You just gotta enter a line so you can hard accelerate through the turn and voila. You are hitting the limit with cars that are on the market and probably already won through a spin.

It was why when an answer is given and the next comment is somebody saying it is impossible can lead to frustration. Turn down the aerodynamics, minimize weight and fiddle the gearing and suspension a little bit. It doesnt need a precise tune, just a strong pull out of the corner.
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 11:31:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dabre101 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post
Well, that's what we get, when some [Mod Edit - D] kids cry for games to be more and more difficult because they didn't achieve anything in real life so they can at least brag in video games.

...THAT is really uncalled for! it almost makes u sound as if u are just that same person u'r talking about, coz u relate/describe it so well.

Anyhow.., i used the 2017 Merc GT R tuned by STEVEtheP1r4te

Thank you so much! I’ve tried at least 4 different recommendations/tunes and couldn’t quite hit 370km. Just managed to now using the Merc GT R with stevethepirate’s tune. You’re awesome! Cheers!
 2 users liked this post.
#83 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 11:48:23 PM(UTC)
OK, I didn't realize that if you used rewind after hitting something that it would disappear and you could pass through the same spot again without hitting it. That was a massive game changer, pardon the pun. Although it doesn't seem right, that's the way it works.

I just got the achievement 3 times in a row coming from 3 different directions by using the rewind trick with a tune I just shared for the 2012 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. I had tried a bunch of other people's tunes but they didn't suit me. To recap:

1) I joined a Horizon Session because opponents are in Ghost mode and you don't have to dodge avatars
2) I carefully crafted a tune with no rear spoiler and minimal front aero
3) I set the gearing to put 4th gear at 235 MPH to minimize shifting

Try #1: Starting at the south end of the City Suburb Drift Zone I took the first right as fast and smooth as I could, through the intersection and oddly (for me) I cleanly went around the right onto the straight and broke 231 MPH. I only used one rewind on the straight because of traffic

Try #2: Starting from the east and heading west I took the first right, then left as smooth and fast as I could, then stayed on the right side of the long straight. I broke 234 MPH on that try with only two rewinds onto the long straight.

Try #3: Starting near the traffic circle I stay far right of the train station, then once again went as smooth and fast as I could to then break 232 MPH. I had to use about 5 rewinds on that attempt.

I'm definitely not a top driver. In FM7 I've only managed to get out the lowest tier in the leagues once. So if I can do it, I'm sure a lot of you can.

Edited by user Monday, November 26, 2018 11:51:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:35:23 AM(UTC)
Tried so many times with ferrari Berlinetta and always was 7 miles short.
Then i bought 2013 Aston martin vintage s with TOPSPEED440KPH tune and passed it on first time with 231 MPH. Finally :)
#85 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:55:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kexere Go to Quoted Post
Then i bought 2013 Aston martin vintage s with TOPSPEED440KPH tune and passed it on first time with 231 MPH. Finally :)

This was by far the hardest one to reach. All the other weekly ones are pretty easy. I tune my own cars and I dont download or share other tunes but damn this one actually had me getting frustrated LOL. It took 10 or 15 tries. The F12 was what I started with but the 599 GTO got it for me. It has better handling, it allowed me to hit that turn at a higher speed
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#86 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 11:47:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

This was by far the hardest one to reach. All the other weekly ones are pretty easy. I tune my own cars and I dont download or share other tunes but damn this one actually had me getting frustrated LOL. It took 10 or 15 tries. The F12 was what I started with but the 599 GTO got it for me. It has better handling, it allowed me to hit that turn at a higher speed

I have no doubt you have to pick a car that suits your driving style. I'm going to try it again tonight (although I have the achievement) with some other cars for the fun of it. With the 2018 Aston Martin Vantage I once got 229.90 mph but now that I know you can rewind and clear obstacles I want to try again.
 1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:11:11 PM(UTC)
I too had significant difficulty completing the challenge, particularly compared to many of the other challenges, which are more like checklist items than genuine challenges (and often the daily challenges just complete naturally from driving around for a bit). While I do think this one was just to the rough side of "genuinely challenging," it did make completing it all the more satisfying (especially after multiple runs of 229.54, 229.41, 229.... argggh)

FWIW: I used the Merc AMG with the Pirate tune mentioned on this thread - and a fair bit of rewind. It would be nice however if the ideal car for the challenge were made available in the Forzathon shop on the week of the challenge. I have learned my lesson though - just buy any car anytime it shows up in the Forzathon shop - you never know when you might want it!

I do think the more difficult challenges will be appreciated as people get through 3-starring all the PR stunts and want to do something other than just running a race.
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:13:08 PM(UTC)
This speed trap challenge took me more time than I'd like to admit. Between the randomly spawning traffic, trains, and the lamp/tram line posts all over the place I kept breaking the rewind. I eventually got it with the AMG SLS using a borrowed tune I found in a YouTube video. I also discovered from the same video that if you knock down all the posts in your path you can rewind and although the posts are back, they are not there physically so you can ghost through them and not lose speed. I appreciate the idea of a good challenge but this one was a bit on the frustrating side.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:15:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BusierDonkey Go to Quoted Post
This speed trap challenge took me more time than I'd like to admit. Between the randomly spawning traffic, trains, and the lamp/tram line posts all over the place I kept breaking the rewind. I eventually got it with the AMG SLS using a borrowed tune I found in a YouTube video. I also discovered from the same video that if you knock down all the posts in your path you can rewind and although the posts are back, they are not there physically so you can ghost through them and not lose speed. I appreciate the idea of a good challenge but this one was a bit on the frustrating side.

Sorry to hear that man, if you had approached from the east with a maxed out ferrari f12 or 812 and drag tires it would have gone alot quicker (took only 2 tries). I gave up approaching from the west after about 10-15 tries :(

Edited by user Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:16:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:44:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BusierDonkey Go to Quoted Post

Sorry to hear that man, if you had approached from the east with a maxed out ferrari f12 or 812 and drag tires it would have gone alot quicker (took only 2 tries). I gave up approaching from the west after about 10-15 tries :(

I actually had started with the F12 and a borrowed tune but only managed 228.3 after several attempts. I switched to the 599 and tried from the west with a best of 227.8. I got it the first shot with the AMG SLS from the east after figuring out the posts don't fully respawn.

1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:42:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

I have no doubt you have to pick a car that suits your driving style. I'm going to try it again tonight (although I have the achievement) with some other cars for the fun of it. With the 2018 Aston Martin Vantage I once got 229.90 mph but now that I know you can rewind and clear obstacles I want to try again.

I probably added difficulty to that challenge by not going to the right of the train station. Would have made for an easier apex but hey I got there eventually. Also car selection is of HUGE importance to my driving style. I'll just say weight distribution factors into choosing which cars are use regularly. Alot of the cars I havent even touched, just sitting around the garage, the only time I do use them is if a car specific challenge arises. IE: 3 wheeler for next week

1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:47:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
FYI: I built a tune for the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta call "Princes Street Speed Trap"... The car can do a top speed of 270MPH... I started from the "Drift Zone" at the south-west of the Speed Trap.

Got high 220+ until I finally hit 231 plus change...

Dude you Are my hero! I’ve been tried 4 cars, and finally saw the F12 Berlinetta available for a reasonable price st auction, bought it searched the forum and saw your comment, tried your tune and got it 2nd try! You are the man!
#93 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:32:10 AM(UTC)
Wow, finished it yesterday just because of the little Horizon Life spawn protection exploit after you use the rewind function.

This doesn't work in single player, so you will have a hard time doing it.

Not really fair PG/T10, tbh.
#94 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 11:53:58 AM(UTC)
Wow, finished it yesterday just because of the little Horizon Life spawn protection exploit after you use the rewind function.

I agree that the if this is the only way to get the achievement, it's not fair. Personally I think every achievement should be possible without resorting to a "trick" like a short cut through a forest or a design feature. Just show us the route and measure the time it takes to drive over, through or past it.
#95 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:28:49 PM(UTC)

I agree that the if this is the only way to get the achievement, it's not fair. Personally I think every achievement should be possible without resorting to a "trick" like a short cut through a forest or a design feature. Just show us the route and measure the time it takes to drive over, through or past it.

But it's not the only way to 3 star the speed trap
You can do it easily by driving fast without any cutting corners or glitch or even rewinding

Also what achievement are you talking about..thereis no achievement
 1 user liked this post.
#96 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:41:02 PM(UTC)

It is not the only way.
I blame the ants.
 2 users liked this post.
#97 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:56:47 PM(UTC)

Obviously this isn’t the only way. A little skill is another way...

I sure hope PGG isn’t reading this and thinking they have to dumb down the game to cater to unskilled drivers. These Forzathon’s should be hard, they should take some effort. These challenges are the only fun aspect of the game at this point. It’s the only reason I get on anymore.

I would like to see the weekly Forzathons tweaked a bit though to act a little more like FH3’s system. I don’t lile the system of just getting points for completing. That really takes the urge to complete these away. I’m not doing them for the points, but for the challenge aspect of it (which is hardly any). You get enough points by doing live events or daily challenges. I think they should keep the daily challenges as points, but the weekly challenge should give a unique FE car, or even a new unique car like FH3 did. I’d even be ok with it giving a large amount of credits are super rare/unique clothing items. These cars/items would ONLY be available to those who complete the weekly forzathons. And keep the weekly challenges difficult like this speed trap. If people aren’t skilled enough, tough luck, you don’t get the special car. Grind out the credits and buy it on the AH if you miss out.

The above process I think would feel more like a true challenge, and it would be something to actually work for. Right now the challenges feel like you’re just doing them to have something more to complete in the game, not for any particular reward.
 1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:19:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post

I sure hope PGG isn’t reading this and thinking they have to dumb down the game to cater to unskilled drivers. These Forzathon’s should be hard, they should take some effort. These challenges are the only fun aspect of the game at this point. It’s the only reason I get on anymore.

I would like to see the weekly Forzathons tweaked a bit though to act a little more like FH3’s system. I don’t lile the system of just getting points for completing. That really takes the urge to complete these away. I’m not doing them for the points, but for the challenge aspect of it (which is hardly any). You get enough points by doing live events or daily challenges. I think they should keep the daily challenges as points, but the weekly challenge should give a unique FE car, or even a new unique car like FH3 did. I’d even be ok with it giving a large amount of credits are super rare/unique clothing items. These cars/items would ONLY be available to those who complete the weekly forzathons. And keep the weekly challenges difficult like this speed trap. If people aren’t skilled enough, tough luck, you don’t get the special car. Grind out the credits and buy it on the AH if you miss out.

The above process I think would feel more like a true challenge, and it would be something to actually work for. Right now the challenges feel like you’re just doing them to have something more to complete in the game, not for any particular reward.

Skill is absolutely right. I'd say i'm fairly skilled, I get through the challenges usually in less than 20 minutes and stayed at the top of Pinnacle league in FM7. I dont feel like this game is dumbed down yet but like you said I hope it doesnt go that way. I wish there was some way to gauge if the constant complainers are the 25+ or under 20. Some kind of consensus to figure out who and what the complaints are about. I'm 33, I love the game as is. We dont live in a perfect world but obviously some things can be fixed such as online team play. I think can assume the younger crowd are more into the clothes and dances. I just wanna drive, I dont even waste my time custom painting cars either. Tune them and jump on the road. Its that simple to me

#99 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 5:17:44 PM(UTC)
Vantage worked for me eventually. The s bend momentum is key coming from west. Very satisfying once you get it but expensive as a Forzathon weekly challenge; I spent over 100k+ on each tune for 3 different cars.

Used the tuned Vantage later for many 3* danger signs & high up bonus boards too.
#100 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 9:45:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post

You do realize that the top 1% of the drivers are only 1% of the income of Turn 10? By saying 'dumbed down' about the bulk of their income isn't fair. If you want it harder, make it harder yourself. Appeasing a minority who want's the company to make it "challenging" for the few while taking the fun out of the game for the majority is not good business.
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error