5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 1:47:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post
This is not obtainable by any normal human being.

I'm far the best tuner, first tried twice with my stock 812, didn't work think i got about 208 mph, so went and slapped on more power, put racing suspension on it, widen the tracking and tyres, 4wd....tried again...first time 234 mph...boom done.

2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/17/2047 3:19:07 AM(UTC)
#52 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 2:01:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
This challenge was very annoying for a weekly Forzathon challenge. If it had been a seasonal speedtrap it would have been fine since the reward would have been a super wheelspin and it wouldn't have blocked any other challenges, but to put something this difficult as part of the weekly challenge doesn't make sense and will likely prevent a lot of players from completing the Forzathon challenge this week.

It added quite a bit flavour - was Very Entertaining to see how everyone tried to champion that speed trap, trying it from different directions.., & more than welcome wherever it was placed in the Season Challenges... Will be remembered by many who couldn't easily beat it. Thank You Playground Games!!!
My Forza Timeline:
•FH3-Start my Forza Career
•FH2-My hunger for more Horizon
•FM5-Free with XB Live Gold
•FH4-End my Forza Career
•FM6-Free with XB Live Gold
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 3:10:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Baz828 Go to Quoted Post

I'm far the best tuner, first tried twice with my stock 812, didn't work think i got about 208 mph, so went and slapped on more power, put racing suspension on it, widen the tracking and tyres, 4wd....tried again...first time 234 mph...boom done.

Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Did this 1st attempt with a Ferrari 812 Superfast with a 998 tune at about 240mph as well.
Not sure why people are finding it so difficult.

It's quite simple. I, and others, are finding it difficult because we don't own a Ferrari 812 Superfast and don't have the opportunity to purchase one. This is totally unfair.

I have spent large amounts of time, effort and credits trying to do this challenge without success and refuse to spend any more time and money on it. In any event the rewards for completing the challenge are nonsensical.

I thought I could count on Playground Games making a good game but I was wrong. The unfairness of some of the challenges and the ridiculous wheelspins where, if we are unlucky, we get large amounts of worthless clothing and duplicate cars are fast steering me to the conclusion that I should never buy another Forza game as long as I live. Goodbye.

#54 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 3:36:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

Did this 1st attempt with a Ferrari 812 Superfast with a 998 tune at about 240mph as well.

It's quite simple. I, and others, are finding it difficult because we don't own a Ferrari 812 Superfast and don't have the opportunity to purchase one. This is totally unfair.

I have spent large amounts of time, effort and credits trying to do this challenge without success and refuse to spend any more time and money on it. In any event the rewards for completing the challenge are nonsensical.

I thought I could count on Playground Games making a good game but I was wrong. The unfairness of some of the challenges and the ridiculous wheelspins where, if we are unlucky, we get large amounts of worthless clothing and duplicate cars are fast steering me to the conclusion that I should never buy another Forza game as long as I live. Goodbye.

Are you saying it's not possible with any other supergt car???
 3 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 3:47:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

Really...over 10 Forzathon points???
Now I realize this will also affect your bonus for 7 daily and 1 week challenge but even if it took all of the bonus you still get the non bonus points and if you play some live Forzathon events you can make up the difference pretty quick I think.

I can't see this being a game breaker!

#56 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:25:12 PM(UTC)
This video was helpful: https://youtu.be/AvUHB4xXuVM

I think everyone is using the same approach. I felt the road below is easier for navigation. It has ‘City Suburbs’ drift zone. I used his car and tune but the easier road. (lots of rewinding too)

Start at the curve but you gotta hit it perfect. Use manual, only go up to gear 4 (which should top out at 230). You should hit the final turn at 200+, then just hold the gas hard and go straight, no wobbling. You should hit the trap at 230 and some change.

Edited by user Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:25:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#57 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:39:24 PM(UTC)
Well, that sucked. 3 days and millions of credits before finally figuring out / lucking out on a combination of car and tune and a light-traffic moment that allowed a 230.4 mph run. Not fun.

For those of us without the 812 and no option to buy one (yes, I checked the AH multiple times) this was a ridiculous event.

The implication of a "Sport GT" event is that it should be attainable with the Sport GT car of your choice - many or most of them - not just a couple of them, and certainly not only easily attainable with a car you can't even buy if you missed it weeks ago. The "don't complain - the answers are in this forum" response is inappropriate. I, and I suspect many others, want the fun of playing the game and succeeding on our own merits, not being required to scour forums for a secret formula.

Edited by user Monday, November 26, 2018 12:51:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:52:41 PM(UTC)
I don't see the 812 as an option to purchase. I got the F12 to 227 but can't get past that.
#59 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:24:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SBVWFANATIC Go to Quoted Post
I don't see the 812 as an option to purchase. I got the F12 to 227 but can't get past that.

It was available for a week in the forzathon shop back near release
Try another car..there must be a few that can do it as has been mentioned throughout this thread
#60 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:38:17 PM(UTC)
Another tip … AI does not honor the "rewind" time-warp. So if the AI traffic pattern is not favorable, hit rewind then sit and wait for the traffic to clear out. Then resume.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#61 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 8:56:37 PM(UTC)

I got it to 234, if I haven't shared the tune yet, I'll try to do it tomorrow, might search for grracer 912(that account didn't have a super fast so had to go about it another way)
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 10:57:21 PM(UTC)
I did it in the F12. I will share my build when I get home.
I blame the ants.
#63 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 12:22:15 AM(UTC)
I did it in f12. Its all about a good driving line. And i will say luck if u get that one corner right without loosing to much speed.
#64 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 3:00:23 AM(UTC)
For the F12 do the awd swap and turbo swap and then auto upgrade to max.

Awd swap strangely increases top speed.
I blame the ants.
#65 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 4:30:50 AM(UTC)

Try another car..there must be a few that can do it as has been mentioned throughout this thread

This challenge is way too difficult, this is pretty much putting me off the game that they are making it so stupid. A forzathon should only take 30-45 minutes.

If they are going to make it easy is a particular car you can't buy. At least make it available in the week the forzathon is on? A 10 yeast old could work that out.

If they want to put the players off the game they sure are going the right way about it.
 2 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 4:39:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lunala14 Go to Quoted Post

This challenge is way too difficult, this is pretty much putting me off the game that they are making it so stupid. A forzathon should only take 30-45 minutes.

If they are going to make it easy is a particular car you can't buy. At least make it available in the week the forzathon is on? A 10 yeast old could work that out.

If they want to put the players off the game they sure are going the right way about it.

Read. There are multiple people (myself included) that posted we did it with not only other cars, but told you what freely available tune we used.

I used the Vantage, you can buy it anytime, and the tune is one of hte top choices named earlier.

After that its just a matter of using rewind to nail a "perfect" corner heading to the trap. Took me maybe 10 tries with that tune and rewind.
 2 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 5:02:25 AM(UTC)
A forzathon should only take 30-45 minutes.

I do believe that we have a whole week to complete it.

& how boring would it be, if every challenge was always easy.., then they might as well just 'give' the rewards away
My Forza Timeline:
•FH4-End my Forza Career
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#68 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 9:22:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

I got it to 234, if I haven't shared the tune yet, I'll try to do it tomorrow, might search for grracer 912(that account didn't have a super fast so had to go about it another way)

I've shared the f12 tune under GT grracer 912. It's about as easy to hit the target speed at the prince trap as it was in the superfast. I think the tune for parts will set you back about 60k and iirc, the f12 is only 330k.
#69 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 11:06:15 AM(UTC)
After abandoning the online aspect FH4 I am now abandoning the Forzathons too. I used to love both aspects of FH3. But after the frankly silly massive skill accumulation aspects of love the car rubbish, followed by this, I'm out. I had to first grind to level 6 of the speed traps even to be able to attempt it, then find that without an 812 it was ggogling and youtube vids to try and help. Even then after 20 odd attempts I can only get to 229mph. Whilst some find this fun, frankly I think its absurd, and most importantly, NOT FUN. I'm going to stick to single player standard races.

This will be the last pre order Ultimate Forza I buy. There is just sooo much wrong with the last 2 Forza's on release. Its been a while since a game has frustrated me so much. Well done PG. I can only assume that was your intent with these Forzathons and the online direction. It certainly hasnt been designed for fun/enjoyment. Who in their right mind thought making players without a special car, spend 100k's on a car and turkey shoot tune. Well perhaps if you're into S&M.

TL:DR Forzathon is badly conceived and executed in FH4.
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 11:12:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: THE DAGZ Go to Quoted Post

Read. There are multiple people (myself included) that posted we did it with not only other cars, but told you what freely available tune we used.

I used the Vantage, you can buy it anytime, and the tune is one of hte top choices named earlier.

After that its just a matter of using rewind to nail a "perfect" corner heading to the trap. Took me maybe 10 tries with that tune and rewind.

Dont be rude to him. How about you read that hes frustrated as with I imagine many, many others, myself included. No-one should have to be reading forums to play a racing game that is arcade at its heart. I never once had to google solutions to a Forzathon event in FH3. If they're going to make it this niche, then perhaps they could offer a car for the vent already with an obtainable tune. Its badly conceived.

#71 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 12:02:46 PM(UTC)
A hint for anyone still struggling. Make sure that after all your performance improvements you also buy a sport or race transmission.

Then in tuning adjust final drive until top speed is about 235mph even if your car can hit a lot higher. This will make accelerating to 230 much faster, even though it will top out shortly after that. But you don't need top speed, you need 230
#72 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 12:34:41 PM(UTC)

Depends on the player. This week was the hardest i've had to complete but last week I completed it all in about 15-20 mins

Edited by user Monday, November 26, 2018 12:35:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 12:44:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Dazzar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: THE DAGZ Go to Quoted Post

Dont be rude to him. How about you read that hes frustrated as with I imagine many, many others, myself included. No-one should have to be reading forums to play a racing game that is arcade at its heart. I never once had to google solutions to a Forzathon event in FH3. If they're going to make it this niche, then perhaps they could offer a car for the vent already with an obtainable tune. Its badly conceived.

He isnt being rude at all
He's trying to help
Try reading it again when you arent so frustrated

There is at least 5 or 6 cars that it can be done with
At least 4 mentioned in this thread
There are plenty of tunes that you can get to do it too

This event isnt that difficult unless you make it that way..they never are
#74 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 1:37:39 PM(UTC)
No I get there is help in there. But at the same time "Read." isnt polite and it appeared that his points of frustration and difficulty compared to FH3 were being missed.

Regardless, I got it in the end. 3+ hours, 4 cars with expensive tunes, grinding to level 6 speed trap, numerous uses of rewind, isn't my idea of fun. To each his own. But like I say, even now having completed it, I wont be doing another one. I far preferred FH3's approach.
#75 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 2:02:22 PM(UTC)
...Embrace the Challenge & Thrive on Completing it
My Forza Timeline:
•FH4-End my Forza Career
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error