5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 8:06:51 PM(UTC)
Contacted support about this:
Quote:
I miss the Groove music integration from Horizon 3. Was so easy to use. Just throw songs into a "Forza" one-drive playlist, nothing separate to switch on outside of game. Streaming in background is not the same at all.
When integrated streaming changed when you entered a festival site and such. It's only a small thing but it makes a difference. It working with the in-game voice and changing tracks at the start of the race. The way Horizon 3 adjusts volume and adds effects like reverb makes it really feel like the music is part of the world, rather than just something playing in the background. And again that is cool because it is your music. Was hoping streamer mode meant it would do the same thing with Spotify. Could this be a possibility? Or optional Groove integration despite MS not having their music pass for it anymore?

Answer:
Quote:
Moving forward, it seems there may be a lot of licensing issues such as making deals for the use of this between Mixer, Microsoft, and Spotify. My suggestion would be to communicate with the community and see how big this want is, the bigger it is, the more likely it is to gain traction.

So do others want something like this back with maybe Spotify in future releases? Or some way to use a media player/personal music files in-game?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2018 8:11:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 8:29:23 PM(UTC)
I would like the ability to stream my music in game. But then i would like that ability in most games!
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:17:55 PM(UTC)
Licensing issues? Spotify Premium users already pay a subscription and can stream on Xbox anyway. Obviously it needs to be muted when streaming/uploading, etc.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:18:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:42:22 PM(UTC)
Could they simply add music to the game in time to each station? Or maybe even use music from previous horizon games? I like the music, but I just want more variety after playing for so long and listening to the same songs over and over.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 8:12:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Licensing issues? Spotify Premium users already pay a subscription and can stream on Xbox anyway. Obviously it needs to be muted when streaming/uploading, etc.

Yeah I'm sure licensing with the streaming is huge even though there is a "streamer mode." Yeah I can stream but like I said streaming in the background is much different. Not part of the experience, you can miss in-game prompts, etc. Looks like I don't have much of a following for this movement though. Oh well.

Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
I would like the ability to stream my music in game. But then i would like that ability in most games!

Ha. Arcade Fire playing and adapting to Assassins Creed Odyssey game world would be interesting.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2018 8:14:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:13:18 PM(UTC)
I also wish we had some sort of support for Spotify and the like
 3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:45:24 PM(UTC)
I second that idea. I really miss my own radio station from FH3. After dozens of hours of listening to the same radio stations, I could really use a little change :)
Ultimately ultimate casual PC - gamer :)
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:24:48 PM(UTC)
Spotify integration would be amazing, doesn't sound like the easiest deal to make but I'm hopeful that it can happen.
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 12:08:18 AM(UTC)
Fortunately, we still have the Spotify application. When you manage the volume, you hardly notice the difference. But, as you had said, I will absolutely miss the dynamic volume that would change in festival locations, and as you gradually sped up.
#10 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:56:32 PM(UTC)
Alright I'm building a following :)

I know who the cool Forza players are now.
 3 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 8:33:51 PM(UTC)
This feature improved the quality of Forza 3 immeasurably. The game became a gem for me when I was able to drive/race to all my favorite songs that I could dynamically change with the simplicity of modern apps allowing you to create playlists. Groove is obviously not the program i would have chosen. But if this had Spotify integration it would be an instant buy for me, and I would play it a lot more.
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:56:35 AM(UTC)
Musconvtool moves playlists and songs across various services – Spotify, Apple Music, Google Music, Amazon Music, YouTube, iTunes, Deezer, Tidal, SoundCloud and others!
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2020 5:50:45 AM(UTC)
Exactly I got really tired of the same music over and over again. There isn't much to listen. It's just playing in the background.

Notification

Icon
Error