8 Pages<<678Prev
Rank: Driver's License
#176 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 3:39:22 PM(UTC)
I was on the forza hub the other day and was reading the news for horizon 4 and it said the update that brought the new rims and the custom painting, but it had another thing I was very interested in. Which was a service check to keep your car running good. It said this update came November 20th? Is this true when the update came because I don’t remember updating my game so if it did come I must have missed it. But I don’t see a service check thing anywhere and I really wanna know what it is an what it does. Because I had notice that my damn brake rotors are rusty and I don’t like that with my nice cars so I figured the service check would fix that. If you know anything please help thank you.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#177 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 3:03:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
There was another thread this, and the complaining about this is ridiculous. It's just 3 regular events from the game put together into a championship, and each championship takes 15 minutes to complete. For your effort, you get all the rewards for doing 3 events, plus 100k.

The challenge doesn't call for a bigger reward, but people come in here complaining about having to play the game like they need 3 unicorn cars a week or the game isn't fun.

And, yes it's obviously about unicorns. When it was unique avatar stuff, people complained. When it's straight cash, people complain. People complain about cash? Yup. Like a possible 900k in extra money a week just for doing a selection of short events already in game is something to complain about? Yup, apparently.

So 3 unicorns a week, 52 weeks a year, for 2+ years ... they don't have that many unique cars being held back, and the ones they do have show up in forzathon. That's where they show up ... not in the piddily 15 minute championships we'll see hundreds of times, where such a big reward just isn't warranted.


In the internet, it is always the same. The person who has watched 300 movies in his life says about the person with 100.000 movies watched "I don't understand why you think that Jean Claude van Damme movies are so bad, they are action packed and fun to watch". Yeah, it is a matter of perspective: you need to walk in another persons shoes to know where they are coming from.

I don't want big rewards, unicorn cars or something to that extent, I want something interesting to log in. It was interesting when I got a super wheel spin, even new and rare cosmetic items, because it felt special.

I have race at least 50 laps on Goliath, I have every car that I ever wanted and more, I have done the content numerous times. Normally I would play multiplayer, but Team Ranked takes ages to get into a game and Team normal disgusts me because of Freeroam.
300k means nothing to me, the legendary cars that I did not get yet are at 10Mio. Even if I play the content with Coop and PVP (which rarely finds a game) and win 3 Mio per months, I need 4 months to get a 10 Mio car (which I am not even interested in, I do not like classic cars that much).

I know what you are going to say: you played a lot, you got your moneys worth, you are done with the game

This might be true, but is it so hard to have 3 persons create content? Here are some examples:
- Unique cosmetic items should not be that hard to make, if you have 3 persons, 3 items per week should be easily done
- Create a fun new race with the race creator or pick a track that has been created by a gamer and highlight it. Put some challenges on it, like beating a time better than person XYZ (like they do in FM7 bounties where they use more than 1 person of differing skill level to create a challenge for everyone).
- Do something bucket-list style... pick a car, give it a good or weird tuning and let people beat the time or challenge, whatever they put in

I could surely find more things that do not need a lot of manpower to create. At the moment they pick 3 races that already exist, bundle them, call it championship, let you race vs differing AI levels of difficulty and let you win generic credits. How can it get any more uninspiring? If you let a random fan of Horizon do it, he might do that in 1 hour tops.
I am not really disappointed, but baffled that they do not take the chance to make this a unique Horizon experience that no other game has.

While we are at it, here is one thing to make Forzathon events more fun: Display the guy who has earned the most progress for the team at the end and the guy with the highest scores on each of the 3 stages. Boom.... it feels competitive and not repetitive. It is not golden, but at least it is a bit silver now.



Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#178 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 1:59:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post


I don't want big rewards, unicorn cars or something to that extent, I want something interesting to log in. It was interesting when I got a super wheel spin, even new and rare cosmetic items, because it felt special.



The reason that it's straight cash right now and doesn't include rare cosmetic items is because as soon as The Trial was introduced, people complained incessantly about getting rare cosmetic items. And they complained about The Trials co-op nature. So, in direct response, The Trail was done away with and a co-op prize was added to all the seasonal events. Cause and effect. And, so, also in direct response, the rare cosmetic items were done away with. Again, cause and effect.

Now we get people asking for rare cosmetic items ... the community already lobbied HARD against that and won. Now we still get people asking for unique cars, and these events still don't warrant them, they still don't have that many unique cars being held back, and it's still not the place where that happens. That would be the #Forzathon shop.

We got Xmas coming up, so here's a Xmas example I'm likening to how the developers have responded to this issue:

I've had young relatives make elaborate Xmas present requests, and I jumped through every hoop doing exactly what was asked (like how the developers responded to requests to change the seasonal events). Then, afterword, I got the classic ... "I really didn't want that. Instead, I want this, this and this and this." So my response was to send them cash money.

That's what the developers did, probably while even more annoyed than I was at the kids. They gave us cash because, we, the community, whined like Ralphie in pink bunny suit at everything except unicorns, and we just aren't going to get unicorns unless the developers get so tired of Raphie in a pink bunny suit that they just cave in to nonsense.

And while you ask for them to put people to work full time to make prizes for these piddly extra events, both the Multiplayer and Rivals modes are shells of what they were in the previous Horizon title, and both need some major work. Priorities. Frankly, whining about rewards when there is 900,000 CR available every week is the enemy of progress in this game. There are much more important issues that need addressed than this one, WHICH WAS ALREADY ADDRESSED ... and people working on this issue, again, are people not able to work on major issues. You talk about perspective ... I suggest you take a step back and try to not miss the forest for the trees.


Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#179 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 2:14:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post

300k means nothing to me, the legendary cars that I did not get yet are at 10Mio. Even if I play the content with Coop and PVP (which rarely finds a game) and win 3 Mio per months, I need 4 months to get a 10 Mio car (which I am not even interested in, I do not like classic cars that much).


By the way, you don't need to do anything to get ALL the 10 million CR cars except spin the wheel. They are all in wheelspins and come out in regular intervals, and if you have played as much as you say you have, you should know that.

I have well more than half of the 10 million CR cars, with just a handful left to get, and every single one came out of wheelspins. Zero credits spent. Nada. Nothing. And, by the way, all those 10 million CR cars came out of regular wheelspins, not super wheelspins. Regular wheelspins are just as useful as super wheelspins (probably moreso over the long haul), and they are everywhere and don't need to be added as prizes. I've got wheelspins coming out of my ears, over 100 that I haven't even used yet.

The game not giving out great prizes is not a thing in FH4.

But even ignoring all that, let's say that for the sake of argument that somebody actually DOES want to collect the 10 million CR cars, and, for some reason, wants to pay for them. Scoffing at 900K CR a week that is extremely easy to attain seems like the opposite thing a person trying to buy something that costs 10 million CR should be doing.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#180 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 2:27:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post



And while you ask for them to put people to work full time to make prizes for these piddly extra events, both the Multiplayer and Rivals modes are shells of what they were in the previous Horizon title, and both need some major work. Priorities. Frankly, whining about rewards when there is 900,000 CR available every week is the enemy of progress in this game. There are much more important issues that need addressed than this one, WHICH WAS ALREADY ADDRESSED ... and people working on this issue, again, are people not able to work on major issues. You talk about perspective ... I suggest you take a step back and try to not miss the forest for the trees.




Chancing event rewards dont take big team, those are things that game companys do every week so it's not that hard that would effect fixing other things. And damn you are lucky that you are get half of 10m cr cars on wheelspins i have get 3 so far and 1 in last two month but i have get legendary cars like old fairlady and old 911 4 times.

My biggest problem with series 3 rewards is that there is zero varition every single event give you same boring 100k cr and when it can take 30 minutes to find pvp event 100k reward dont feel very good when in same time can get over 500k driving around goliath. But even more dissapointing is that they say "racing cup will be super challencing and you need to carefuly choose and tune your car and it may take many tries. Yeah ai drivers can beat easily with stock car so really damn challencing. And i would love to play pvp champions even without any rewards but when those championships are 1 vs 1 races it dont feel interstening or even in championship, matchmaking between all the horizon live sessions so could get 12 people in same champship and that would actually be interstening. And if i could choose i would take those super wheelspins back in rewards i can bet that in 9 super wheelspin you get mutch better price than 900k cr.

Edit: And i have all of those 10m cr cars and yes i have spent credits to buy them and using seasonal championships to get credits is pretty mutch worst possible way to get enough credits for them, lets say that every championship takes 20 minutes so one hour per event and 3 hours of all those what are in one week in same time you drive goliath around 25 times and get over 2,5m credits so seasonal rewards looks just bad.

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 2:44:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: X-Class Racing License
#181 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 5:18:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PUNISHER666911 Go to Quoted Post
I was on the forza hub the other day and was reading the news for horizon 4 and it said the update that brought the new rims and the custom painting, but it had another thing I was very interested in. Which was a service check to keep your car running good. It said this update came November 20th? Is this true when the update came because I don’t remember updating my game so if it did come I must have missed it. But I don’t see a service check thing anywhere and I really wanna know what it is an what it does. Because I had notice that my damn brake rotors are rusty and I don’t like that with my nice cars so I figured the service check would fix that. If you know anything please help thank you.


That is not even close to what the service check meant, go read the first few posts in this thread, which describes what is meant by service check.

Basically, its a service check for the GAME, not your CAR. It's a series of patches that make sure the game is running the way it should.

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 5:20:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#182 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 5:41:15 PM(UTC)
Is this the thread where I can post feedback on the new painting options? If so, here it goes.

Even though it should've been implemented in Forza a while ago, this is a significant update since it gets more use out of many wheels. Furthermore, many cars got different paint options, some of which in at least three parts. The Aston Martin DB11's options are really impressive and made the car very fresh.

However, there are some limitations stemming from how Forza handles paints. The system is only a material selector, so it can't paint over textures such as body stripes or center caps. I consider this fairly bothersome, because many cars and wheels suffer from these limits. There are wheels with white, gold, red center caps which don't blend well with different colors, and there are textures on wheels which don't change color with your choice, such as the Dymag writing on the Dymag 9 Spoke, which has a yellowish tone that does not match a polished black carbon paint.

Another problem is obviously that painting any part on certain cars will erase all of their decals. Most visible in the Gallardo Superleggera, in which painting the wing will remove the side stripes, but there are other cars like the latest Ferrari FXX which also suffer greatly from this.

In conclusion, I'm happy with the new options but the system still has much room for improvement.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#183 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 5:43:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post

300k means nothing to me, the legendary cars that I did not get yet are at 10Mio. Even if I play the content with Coop and PVP (which rarely finds a game) and win 3 Mio per months, I need 4 months to get a 10 Mio car (which I am not even interested in, I do not like classic cars that much).


By the way, you don't need to do anything to get ALL the 10 million CR cars except spin the wheel. They are all in wheelspins and come out in regular intervals, and if you have played as much as you say you have, you should know that.

I have well more than half of the 10 million CR cars, with just a handful left to get, and every single one came out of wheelspins. Zero credits spent. Nada. Nothing. And, by the way, all those 10 million CR cars came out of regular wheelspins, not super wheelspins. Regular wheelspins are just as useful as super wheelspins (probably moreso over the long haul), and they are everywhere and don't need to be added as prizes. I've got wheelspins coming out of my ears, over 100 that I haven't even used yet.

The game not giving out great prizes is not a thing in FH4.

But even ignoring all that, let's say that for the sake of argument that somebody actually DOES want to collect the 10 million CR cars, and, for some reason, wants to pay for them. Scoffing at 900K CR a week that is extremely easy to attain seems like the opposite thing a person trying to buy something that costs 10 million CR should be doing.



I have most of the locked cars but the only 10 million car I got from a wheelspin was the Ferrari 250 LM... So it's entirely dependent on luck.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
Rank: Racing Permit
#184 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 6:25:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
But even more dissapointing is that they say "racing cup will be super challencing and you need to carefuly choose and tune your car and it may take many tries. Yeah ai drivers can beat easily with stock car so really damn challencing.

I like the idea of these championships in that they give you not only a car type but also a specific class. However I assumed that having this class limit meant that, as opposed to the exhibition practice of AI cars being matched closely to your PI, the AI cars in these events would actually be upgraded to the top of that class, and there would at least be this nominal challenge of expecting you to likewise upgrade your car. Well, it looks like the AI doesn't really care about upgrading, since their PI is all over the place, so we don't need to either, stock is often just fine.

Of course, if drivatars cheat as much as they supposedly do, their actual PI numbers don't really matter too much do they. But still, I'd expect for the cars in an A800 event to perform more or less like A800, not A740 or something.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#185 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 12:21:13 AM(UTC)
Abell 370 makes some great points. That is all.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#186 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 12:54:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
But even more dissapointing is that they say "racing cup will be super challencing and you need to carefuly choose and tune your car and it may take many tries. Yeah ai drivers can beat easily with stock car so really damn challencing.

I like the idea of these championships in that they give you not only a car type but also a specific class. However I assumed that having this class limit meant that, as opposed to the exhibition practice of AI cars being matched closely to your PI, the AI cars in these events would actually be upgraded to the top of that class, and there would at least be this nominal challenge of expecting you to likewise upgrade your car. Well, it looks like the AI doesn't really care about upgrading, since their PI is all over the place, so we don't need to either, stock is often just fine.

Of course, if drivatars cheat as much as they supposedly do, their actual PI numbers don't really matter too much do they. But still, I'd expect for the cars in an A800 event to perform more or less like A800, not A740 or something.


Modern Rally, B700. You must run the Subarus almost stock. Homologation haters froth at their mouths in anger. :D

But the classes are picked somewhat arbitrarily. Extreme Offroad is S1 class. Why? Because the stupid RJ Anderson truck is the only one in its class that starts in S1 already, so everyone else must run at S1 even though A800 would've been a more sensible choice of class.

Offroad Buggies last week was the same, the buggies could run at B700 but, because the Ariel Nomad is the only one that starts in A class, the limit becomes A800. And going out of their way to include the Nomad isn't even advantageous to the car itself, because it's one of the lightest buggies, so it's very nervous to drive and loses too much speed to obstacles.

With Super Saloons it's the opposite, they were limited at A800, which severely handicaps the BMW M4, which must run limited upgrades in this class. And S1 class would have made other cars uncompetitive.

Honestly, it's about time other PI limits are implemented. 100 PI between classes is a [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] system, but, when T10/PG try something different, people complain. The gap from B to A class isn't large, but from A class to S1 class you must run a heavily modified car to reach 900, and from S1 to S2 the distance is completely absurd. Not everyone is fine with being required to use conversions to stay competitive at a higher class.

Since you've mentioned cheating, the AI is too fast in Offroad Buggies. It's helped by the fact you can bring cars like the Baja Bug to higher classes with engine and drivetrain swaps, which makes the B class buggies like the Penhall and the Alumicraft uncompetitive in their starting class and maybe even in A class. The Nomad is difficult either way, better suited to dirt than cross country.

Edited by user Saturday, December 8, 2018 10:10:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
Rank: Driver's License
#187 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 1:29:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post

I like the idea of these championships in that they give you not only a car type but also a specific class. However I assumed that having this class limit meant that, as opposed to the exhibition practice of AI cars being matched closely to your PI, the AI cars in these events would actually be upgraded to the top of that class, and there would at least be this nominal challenge of expecting you to likewise upgrade your car. Well, it looks like the AI doesn't really care about upgrading, since their PI is all over the place, so we don't need to either, stock is often just fine.


Oh. That's why 99% of the time I do those championships in PvP or Co-op, I get paired with people in stock cars that are no match for my tuned cars, so they rage quit after 1 lap and I finish the championship alone.
8 Pages<<678Prev

Notification

Icon
Error