This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
8 Pages123>>Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:14:10 AM(UTC)
Update 3 Preview livestream: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRjAoXwpiLo

Forza Horizon 4 Series 3 Update
Brian Ekberg
Monday, November 19, 2018
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/fh4_series3_update

Quote:
The Series 3 update for Forza Horizon 4 arrives this week! From new wheels to new racing events in the Horizon Racing Cup, as well as new painting and upgrade options, Series 3 is full of great new features for players, as well as improvements to the overall gaming experiences on both PC and Xbox One. Here’s an overview of the great features coming into the game with this update:

PAINTING & UPGRADE OPTIONS
New Advanced Car Painting options have been added to a number of cars – including the 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport -- allowing you to more easily paint sub-groups. This includes the ability to paint subsections of wheel rims.

NEW WHEEL RIMS
Series 3 also includes 41 wheel rims across 22 wheel brands, all of which will be found in the upgrade garage. This gives players the opportunity to further customize their favorite vehicles, as well as the chance to import tunes from previous Forza Horizon or Forza Motorsport games that they previously weren’t able to because a particular wheel type was missing.

HORIZON RACING CUP
The Horizon Festival challenges you to win 12 seasonal championships with a prize pool worth millions of credits. For each event you must carefully choose and upgrade your car and compete against Drivatars or other players to win.

NEW SEASONS & QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
In addition to new features coming along with the update, players can look forward to new seasonal new events, new cars, and new content in the game. Four new exclusive cars are on their way, along with eight brand new cars coming to the game for Car Pass owners.

The Series 3 update also includes quality of life optimizations designed to make players’ lives easier in the game. This includes the ability to bulk add DLC cars to the player garage – no need to individual purchase DLC cars to add them to your collection. Players can also now skip the post-race reward sequence, letting them get back to the action that much quicker. In addition, this update includes numerous fixes and improvements to game features like Route Blueprint, Team Adventure, and more. For more on the improvements coming to Forza Horizon 4 with the Series 3 update, see the Forza Horizon 4 Release Notes page on the Forza Horizon 4 Support section.

FH4 Release Notes: November 20th, 2018
Nitro Glitter
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/sections/360000354527-Release-Notes-and-Known-Issues

Quote:
We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 4. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this Content Update.

Version Number
PC: 1.216.279.2
Xbox: 1.216.279.0

New Features
  • Implemented multi-material color selection for a number of cars and rims, as well as adding in a number of new to Horizon rims.
  • Added the ability to bulk add DLC cars to the player garage.

Cross Platform Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where Xbox Game Pass holders were not entitled to the Formula Drift pack.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive rewards for completing a seasonal PR stunt they already completed.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were not receiving double #Forzathon points after re-purchasing Lake Lodge.
  • Improved UI to make it clearer when players are earning double #Forzathon points.
  • Fixed an issue to keep players grouped together after finishing a #Forzathon Live Event.
  • Fixed an issue with Route Blueprint where the player was placed at the incorrect finish point after completing a custom route.
  • Fixed the camera issues caused by rewinding immediately after placing a checkpoint in Route Blueprint.
  • Fixed an issue in Route Blueprint where players could run out of checkpoints preventing them from being able to finish route creation.
  • Added information to the Route Blueprint UI to show how many checkpoints have been placed, and how many are left to be placed.
  • Fixed an exploit in Route Blueprint for farming Pass Skills from AI cars.
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to enter Rivals events in cars which did not match the restrictions.
  • Fixed an issue where players in Private Adventures were able to select cars which did not meet the restrictions.
  • Fixed an issue where players would sometimes be unable to navigate up and down on the vinyl select screen in the Livery Editor.
  • Reduced the cost of some engine swap upgrades.
  • Fixed an exploit to extend the length of Skill Songs.
  • Fixed an issue where Car Pass 'New Cars' game alert would appear too early.
  • Fixed an issue where only one player on a team would receive the award from the Trial and Seasonal Championships.
  • Fixed an issue in co-op Showcases where pausing the game would prevent opponents from moving.
  • Added the ability to skip forward during post-race sequences.
  • Added notifications to show when the players is connecting to Horizon Life post event.
  • Fixed an issue with civilian traffic not appearing in Horizon Live.
  • Various stability fixes.

Wheel Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing players from being able to delete custom wheel settings.

Xbox Fixes
  • No Xbox-specific fixes.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 19, 2018 10:14:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:16:12 AM(UTC)
Announced during the Playground Games preview stream today, this update will be released tomorrow, Tuesday November 20th. The typical ETA for content updates is 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern / 6pm BST one hour earlier due to the time change in early November.

At that time the Car Pass Calendar will be updated with the next four weeks of DLC cars.

Preview stream replay links:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/338027786
https://mixer.com/Forza?vod=66874008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRjAoXwpiLo

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:32:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:42:59 AM(UTC)
Good fixes overall.

I don't like to bulk add DLC, because I like to pick colors in the Autoshow. I hope I can still do that.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:55:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Good fixes overall.

I don't like to bulk add DLC, because I like to pick colors in the Autoshow. I hope I can still do that.

When you bulk add DLC cars by pressing the REDEEM FREE CARS button (list button in the Car Pass DLC menu), it will use the manufacturer default color. You can always visit DESIGNS & PAINTS in the garage to pick another color or livery design.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:56:22 AM(UTC)
I like the look of Horizon racing cup.
 4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 12:54:55 PM(UTC)
Maybe that's not the goal of this post but I would like to say that today stream was disappointing.
New racing cup series were not shown. Will they all come at the same time or will they released on a season basis.
No new footage of fortune island. I liked what I heard but I would have appreciated to see ingame footage

At least, the senior level designer segment was interesting for custom routes tips
 12 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 1:41:15 PM(UTC)
Fantastic.

Instead of fixing the terrible illogical game-ruining multiplayer, they've come up with this.

Slow-clap. Last time I ever trust this company with my preorders.
 18 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 2:04:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nemesis464 Go to Quoted Post
Fantastic.

Instead of fixing the terrible illogical game-ruining multiplayer, they've come up with this.

Slow-clap. Last time I ever trust this company with my preorders.

The multiplayer is an issue, sure. But a large amount of what they have fixed are things that have been requested in these forums and I'm surprised that they've taken so much of the feedback on board, especially for relatively inconsequential things like skipping the race result sequences.

Don't be so locked in tunnel vision that you feel betrayed just because your issue wasn't resolved.
 6 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 2:17:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

Don't be so locked in tunnel vision that you feel betrayed just because your issue wasn't resolved.

....uh, what?

It's not just my issue. The multiplayer is the single most widespread piece of criticism I have seen people have with the game right now.

You said it yourself, they're fixing fairly inconsequential issues. All while the glaring gameplay issues remain.

Edited by user Monday, November 19, 2018 2:18:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 2:28:39 PM(UTC)
Jesus. Somebody said - they fixed a lot of issues already. THEY RELEASED GLITCHED GAME!
 5 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 3:21:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Good fixes overall.

When you bulk add DLC cars by pressing the REDEEM FREE CARS button (list button in the Car Pass DLC menu), it will use the manufacturer default color. You can always visit DESIGNS & PAINTS in the garage to pick another color or livery design.

Yeah, but that requires me to save a new livery, and takes up a slot I'd rather use for other purposes, like, uh, actual liveries. That being said, I hope I will be able to still get them for free from the Autoshow, instead of redeeming them in bulk from the Car Pass DLC menu?

6 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 3:27:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nemesis464 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

....uh, what?

It's not just my issue. The multiplayer is the single most widespread piece of criticism I have seen people have with the game right now.

You said it yourself, they're fixing fairly inconsequential issues. All while the glaring gameplay issues remain.

And they’re in the process of working on multiplayer. But in the meantime, they’re not just going to sit around and not get anything else done. Be patient.
#13 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 3:34:38 PM(UTC)
Any word on exhaust notes or are we still stuck with the recycled sounds for every car?
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 4:23:48 PM(UTC)
There have been a number of users who've accused PG of releasing this game too early. Now, it seems many of the same voices are crying out for an immediate fix for the (complex) issues of rivals & multiplayer. I'm frustrated as well, but we can't have it both ways; recall the old saw: there's fast, cheap, and good, but you can only pick two. I am personally hoping for some remediation in the pre-Christmas December release, but I'm also not holding my breath. Do as thou wilt.
#15 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 5:12:33 PM(UTC)
Any photos of new wheel options?
#16 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 5:14:40 PM(UTC)
Some good fixes there. Are the random crashes and sound glitch included in "various stability fixes?"
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 6:57:41 PM(UTC)
The biggest issues are for me the sound bugs, inaccurate engine noises and that when changing the cars colour it saves it in your designs. No idea why it does that surely if I want to save it I should be able to decide if I do or don't want to.
 4 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 7:11:01 PM(UTC)
I heard a lot of people complaining about the lack of traffic while playing in horizon life. I personally enjoyed not smashing into random traffic cars at the worst moment possible. If I wanted more traffic I would just go to horizon solo and get my fix of mayhem. It was kind of like a way to turn off traffic cars which was a huge request during horizon 3's run on these forums.
#19 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 7:13:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XxESCxXLUKE1333 Go to Quoted Post
Any photos of new wheel options?

New rims (from FM7)
https://i.imgur.com/kkzHaQZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uXFPG6v.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/t21h12z.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Mklu4jw.jpg

Paint options
https://i.imgur.com/6w6mBTN.png
https://i.imgur.com/2zddWLq.png
https://i.imgur.com/tRn7BJ5.png
https://i.imgur.com/6GHpzsU.png
https://i.imgur.com/p5wDvn0.jpg
#20 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 7:33:08 PM(UTC)
That's more paint options than I expected for rims. Looking forward to tinkering with all the new painting options.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#21 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 10:26:47 PM(UTC)
Nice so no new wheels?
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:50:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BretCahill Go to Quoted Post
I heard a lot of people complaining about the lack of traffic while playing in horizon life. I personally enjoyed not smashing into random traffic cars at the worst moment possible. If I wanted more traffic I would just go to horizon solo and get my fix of mayhem. It was kind of like a way to turn off traffic cars which was a huge request during horizon 3's run on these forums.

Options. Why do they keep missing out on the principle that we should have the option?

Instead of just knee jerk reactions to meet the demands of the vocal, give us options if we like or don't like the way things are.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:56:19 AM(UTC)
Could someone tell me more about Horicon Racing Cup ? How it works ? Where i can find it?
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 1:59:46 AM(UTC)
I am still waiting for nitro upgrades. And yes... I know this is not nfs but I really like it this in fh2f&f so what the hell not add this in horizon 4. We have so many not needed items like boots and over **** .
T10 and This :)
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 2:07:32 AM(UTC)
So did they even mention anything about the multiplayer disaster? I was not going to watch the stream for them to possibly utter half a sentence about it, and this thread mentioned nothing about it in the notes
8 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error