5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:48:19 PM(UTC)
That race was great to watch, but I am sad the bmw didn't win
GT: MigslayerX
FM4 Unicorn: 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
#52 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:25:27 PM(UTC)
As much as I love racing I don't have everything that I want on Forza Motorsport 4.If u can get me the 2002 Mazes RX-7 Spirit R Type-A that would be much appreciated.I have been looking for this car for a while now and just cant seem to find it.It is one of my favorite vehicles on just about any game that has it.So if you could get this for me like I said before it would be much appreciated.

My Xbox Live GT is: Kriptic Falcon
FM4 Unicorn Car:2002 Mazes RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
Or the Mimes R-34

If you could get me all of these it would be great.However,if you cant get them all for me I would like the Mazda RX-7.Thanks

Loved the race.It was amazing even though the BMW didn't win.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:00:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:45:11 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the nice little read! I learn more about racing than I knew before every time I read these. :] I grew up in a family of dragracers, but have a lot to learn about other forms of racing.

GT: NinjaPenguin55
FH Unicorn: Lotus Elan Sprint

Your car is your story, don't let someone else write the book.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:57:05 PM(UTC)
I wish I had gotten to watch the racing this weekend. I saw a highlight and a nasty crash. One day the Army won't consume my entire life and I will have a chance to watch events such as these. It is great to see all this real racing taking off in the states. I am not a fan of nascar, so seeing events like this makes me happy. Hope everybody got to enjoy it. Any FM5 gift is awesome.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:59:59 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the coverage, I forgot all about watching it!

GT: machXZ
FM4: 2002 Toyota Top Secret 0-300 Supra
#56 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:08:59 PM(UTC)
Kool looking cars =D. what channel was this on anyway?? I really love the way that SRT Viper looks, it looks like a more menacing corvette ZR1. That crash though, what was the Ferrari driver doing? I think more American sport cars should enter, id be cool seeing more vipers and corvettes and Ford should bring back the Ford GT to beat them again XD.
GT: A55A551N VLAD
Unicorn: FM4 1993 Nissan MINE'S R32 Skyline GT-R
#57 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:18:17 PM(UTC)
Excellent RVM. I saw pics somewhere else (Facebook perhaps) and I saw the picture of a car, unrecognizable, on the flatbed tow truck. I cringed when I read what car it was.

GT: Hyperbolic22

Forza 4: 2002 RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
#58 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:51:39 PM(UTC)
I like the pictures FirebirdPilot. :p

Again, thanks for the read John!

GT: NotoriousIy
FM4 Uni: Honda NSX-R GT
#59 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:58:46 PM(UTC)
I was reading this post today and I thought to myself, "Could I REALLY stand to watch an endurance race?" It's something I've been very interested in since I got into auto racing. I honestly didn't really know they raced for 24+ hours straight. Definitely have to tip my hat to the folks that sit behind the wheels of these beasts for that long. Oh yeah and that controversial pass? Man that was sick! I was, like, bracing for impact as I watched xD

GT - HideosPlayhouse

FM4 Checy Camaro SS Coupe
#60 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:01:06 AM(UTC)
Last June brought me my first opportunity to watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans in its entirety. This past weekend afforded me the same for the Rolex 24.

Needless to say, I wasn't out doing much. Or sleeping much.

It began for me Friday. My buddy, TJ, is the tire guy for Skullcandy Team Nissan in the CTSCC ST class. I had to catch that one, especially with them coming off a win last year. All previous plans were postponed, I was off to find a pub that broadcast Fox Sports 2.

Their race didn't go so hot, but it wet my palate for the 24 hour joy that lay ahead.

I don't need to tell anyone how the race went, or what happened. I will tell you it seeded a rivalry between my pal, Aleks and I. He's a Porsche fan. I'm a Viper fan. From the early goings, it looked good for us. The Vipers were outrageously fast. A lot happens in a day though. And soon the #91 was ten laps behind.

I don't know if anyone else watched the SRT's through the night, but what a come back they made! I'm already giddy for Sebring, and more epic GTLM battles. Here's to hoping Risi gets back in the game and keeps Ferrari in the mix.

On that note, I'm glad to hear Matteo and Memo are both alive and, considering the severity of the crash, relatively well.

That's about all I have to contribute. If anyone on FM4 still has the GT bug and wants to race; feel free to add me on XBL. I'm hooked.

Thanks for the concise, yet thorough recap of the race!

Best,
Leland

GT: OrdainedBasher

Hunting for an HKS Time Attack EVO (FM4, please.)

Edited by user Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:09:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

(GT:) Ordained Basher. Here to help newcomers to FM4 and people who, like me, lost their game saves.
#61 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:08:07 AM(UTC)
With impressive field throughout the race, the # 5 Corvette DP number, the Action Express, won the 24 Hours of Daytona.
Arriving on Sunday (27), the team formed by the Brazilian Christian Fittipaldi, by Frenchman Sébastien Bourdais and the Portuguese Joao Barbosa crossed the line in first position.
This was the second victory of his nephew Emerson in Daytona, the first was in 2004.

Finally, the Daytona GT, much controversy.
After almost touch during a dispute at the end of the race, Ferrari # 555 which was guided by Alessandro Pier Guidi was punished, thus ensuring victory for the # 45 car, the quartet formed by Nelson Canache, Spencer Pumpelly, Tim Pappas and former F1 driver, Markus Winkelhock.
However, the direction of proof reversed the decision and gave the triumph to Pier Guidi, who had taken the lead after the incident with Winkelhock.

#62 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:16:32 AM(UTC)
Hello john, the 24 Hours of Daytona is very beautiful and challenging. Bad accident, probably none showed yellow flags?
I'm Italian so great happiness for the first Ferrari victory, and good overtaking on r8 Lizards.
For the 2014 edition hope in fewer accidents and more competition among the pilots.

GT: Carl1toBr1gante
FM4 unicorn: Mitsubishi HKS Time Attack Evo
#63 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:29:30 AM(UTC)
great photos, its a shame about that crash though, I liked that Ferrari.

gt; xWAS1NGT0Nx
uni; bmw m3 gtr "street version"
#64 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:18:19 AM(UTC)
Gran carrera como siempre pero la gente que corre suciamente deberia tener mas cuidado,sobre todo por accidentes asi es una locura.GT:CloserPlayer.FM4 Unicornio Ferrari Challenge Stradale
#65 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:17:11 AM(UTC)
Hi John!

Great coverage! Even though I live in the UK, I am still pretty interested in this and those cars looks really nice. I like the Viper a lot. I believe it is something like the #93 SRT Motorsport GTS-R off FM4.

I remember visiting Thruxton a few years ago and seeing quite a bad crash on one of the first corners!

Anyway, I would also like to request a unicorn car:

GT: Infractation
Unicorn: Lambo Gallardo Superleggera

Cheers!
#66 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:36:00 AM(UTC)
man I missed it im gonna go cry too thanks for the pics and video great stuff
onelapmagic BIGTIME MUSCLE tuner straights are for fast speeds corners are for fast times race hard race clean have fun
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:38:35 AM(UTC)
Wow, a very informative article, very nice to read. Thank you very much John (you just got yourself a new follower on FB)!

It's a real shame such races are not that popular where I come from (mostly nothing beside Formula 1), I don't even have the chance to see these races, so I have to stick with articles and youtube videos...

GT: Guitar LInc0ln
Unicorn: BMW M3-GTR
#68 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:08:04 PM(UTC)
great article, must have been one heck of a race, I don't have TV service so i don't get to see it first hand..amazing the toll it takes on the drivers and their vehicles...I'd have to set up a vehicle w/all wheel drive, hardened suspension/under carriage...I like the idea of the rigs but..they seem like they'd get a bit top heavy and bogged down in some places...

xbox live name: Ka1ani
Forza Horizon Unicorn if you would like to pass one out: 1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
Thank you.

#69 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:33:53 PM(UTC)
can someone elaborate what happened with Porsche... even Flying Lizard jumped ship from them?
#70 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:37:57 PM(UTC)
Great cover of the race! I can't see this type of races here in my country and it's good to be able to read such a good article about them.

I would like to request the BMW M3 GTR unicorn for forza 4, my gt is: ferransio

thanks in advance!
#71 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:54:56 PM(UTC)
I thought the race was really good. To have two classes (including the overall win) come right down to the end was pretty awesome. I am excited about the new unified series and looking forward to Sebring.

The different car classes are a bit confusing, but the mix of different cars is there. Between that and competitive racing, you couldn't ask for anything more!

GT: UvilleBill

FM4 Unicorn Request: 2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
#72 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:56:33 PM(UTC)
Hello John,

Thats a good article with beautiful Pictures.
The Crash from Memo gidley was horrible. We can in Europa not see Live coverage on Television the American Motorsport.
I am See the American Motorsport on Internet, but the Quality is not good.

GT: silviomaus
Uniform: i have no one
#73 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:32:48 PM(UTC)
Its good with this news, kinda a sad to hear about the crash. I belive the drivers have pretty high press on em in this kind of races

And about the unicorns would be nice with one dosent have one yet

Gt: markusr93
FM4 Unicorn: Mitsubishi HKS Time Attack Evo
 2 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:24:50 PM(UTC)
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Went up to the track on Friday am and stayed through Sunday pm. Got wrapped up in volunteer work the last two days.

The only thing that the Rolex24 has going for it is History. Otherwise, it is the absolute worst venue for sports car racing. The 3+ mile track is made up of over two miles of basically flat-out straight away since the high banks provide for full throttle racing. This is only broken up by the "bus stop" and the quick excursion through the infield horseshoes. Even the road course in the Indianapolis speedway has more road course and less oval - but that is only a slight step up from Daytona. Nevertheless, I go every year and won't miss it.

I think the Series did a good job with level competitiveness throughout the GTD and GTLM Classes. Obviously, the PC CLASS remains level by common chassis, powertrain and specification.

There have been some comments above about the competitive state of the series in the P Class. I don't think it is time to panic yet. Wait and see how the race at Sebring goes. Even though Sebring has those two long straights and another high speed run down to the hairpin. I think you will see a possible complete reversal of fortune between the DPs and the P1/P2 ALMS derivatives. HANDLING will be just as important or more important than TOP SPEED - Advantage Prototypes.

A couple of observations.

First is the use of Yellow Flags. There was not much change in the way the race was executed. It was run like the previous races under Grand-AM. One of the noticeable differences between Grand-AM and ALMS has always been the use of Full-Course Yellow vs Local Yellow. When was the last time you saw a Local Yellow in NASCAR? Oh yeah - NEVER. So it is not surprising that almost EVERY incident that occurred during this race brought out lap after lap of Full-Course Yellow. This is consistent with previous Rolex24s sanctioned by NASCAR's Grand-AM. It remains to be seen is how the the new Race Management team will run the race in Sebring in March. I certainly hope that every little off and break-down will NOT bring out a Full-Course instead of actually exercising the Local Yellow that has always been part of sports car road racing.

Second is the absence - save the Factory SkyActive Mazdas - of the closed cockpit prototypes that had been emerging in ALMS over the last couple of years. Some of these might be your favorite R1 cars in FM4. Like the Honda Level 5 Motorsports Lola, and the Dyson Racing Mazdas. There were 6 or more of these configured P2 cars in ALMS last year - GONE? I hope not.

One last note - Why the change of the Flying Lizards from Porsche to Audi. The existence of Factory Porsche Team (#911 and #912 GT3 RSRs) is a big part of that answer.
I'll Never Grow Up
'15 C7 Full on Frontal
Forza is for the days I'm not on Track
PM to find out how to join me
 2 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:30:49 PM(UTC)
A REALLY GOOD THING ABOUT THE NEW SERIES
Each car displays two numbers. The car number and the POSITION IN CLASS which is LED. What a pleasure to be able to know exactly where your favorite car is in Class. Both the car number board and the position number LEDs are color coded by class. When you are actually at the track for an endurance race it is nice to have that kind of information. Of course the TUDOR Smartphone app is very helpful but who wants to be looking at your phone constantly. A quick look to see how far back in terms of time or laps is nice to have periodically - but real time position indicators on the cars GREAT.

Downside - some of the teams were not too happy because it eliminated sponsor acreage on the cars.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:31:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I'll Never Grow Up
'15 C7 Full on Frontal
Forza is for the days I'm not on Track
PM to find out how to join me
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error