This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:49:46 AM(UTC)

Back once again with some retro love!

Paint contest with old(er) cartoons to use as source material. Like Transformers (G1), M.A.S.K. , GI Joe, Scooby Doo, Flintstones, the Smurfs, Jem and the Holograms, My Little Pony, Carebears, C.O.P.S., the Simpsons....

Select 1 cartoon to take on and create a cool livery with it! share your pick and 'work in progress' in this thread!
After a month orso i'll allow more then 1 entry per person!
End date for this contest will be end of januari 2019! So lots of time to get something done! [;)]

Sunday morning cartoons !

50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s cartoons !

Let's all enjoy the memories.... again....!!! [;)] :P]

Previous RCC contest threads:

RCC2018

RCC2017

RCC2016

You can also follow the RCC on Facebook :)
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:50:00 AM(UTC)
Painters and Picks

AMR the Hulk - ???
CAPITAL RADDA - orko from masters of the universe
Elefantenbot - Darkwing Duck, Megavolt
H1VP - Wangan Midnight
KiloCharlie85 - Family Guy
MN Koshiro - Sailor Moon
PTG F0X - The Real Ghostbusters
RallyzX360 - Calvin & Hobbes
SCS Skreamies - Gundam
SnakeEyes Friex - Thundercats
Tea and Tobacco - Pokemon
Thawan - Batman the animated series

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 8:46:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:50:10 AM(UTC)
entries

KiloCharlie85
Ford 1969 Mustang Boss 302
Family Guy (1999)

RallyzX360
Car: 2011 Ford Transit Supersportvan
File Name: Calvin & Hobbs

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 8:45:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:55:08 AM(UTC)
WIPs

Edited by user Friday, November 23, 2018 11:51:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 8:08:54 PM(UTC)
This sounds like fun. Got something for the contest.
Ford 1969 Mustang Boss 302
Family Guy (1999)

Before Re-Work:

After Re-Work:

Adding a bit more:
I couldn't capture the beauty of the two tone paint in the previous pics, but in these pics it shows up quite nicely and emphasizes it's importance to the design overall. I've also added back my three favorite characters in their glorious full size recreations. Dunno what else to add to a vehicle that I think already Screams 'Family Guy' lol.

Edited by user Friday, November 23, 2018 6:07:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Loading...

#6 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 11:29:36 PM(UTC)
[quote=KiloCharlie85;1010906]This sounds like fun. Got something for the contest.
Ford 1989 Mustang Boss 302
Family Guy (1999)

Looks good charlie, can you maybe add more to it? so it's made for the contest?
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 7:32:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnakeEyes Friex Go to Quoted Post
[quote=KiloCharlie85;1010906]This sounds like fun. Got something for the contest.
Family Guy (1999)

I added more pics to my original post SnakeEyes Friex, Unfortunately I couldn't add more even if I wanted to lol. I ran out of layers. I was lucky enough to add my water mark to the rear. I wanted to do a character mashup on the sides.

Edited by user Sunday, November 18, 2018 7:51:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 12:40:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KiloCharlie85 Go to Quoted Post
Family Guy (1999)

I added more pics to my original post SnakeEyes Friex, Unfortunately I couldn't add more even if I wanted to lol. I ran out of layers. I was lucky enough to add my water mark to the rear. I wanted to do a character mashup on the sides.

Sorry the wrong place to ask but is there another limit other than the 11k layers 1k/3k/3k/3k/1k shown in the paint booth? Just asking before I start such a large project. ..

#9 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 4:19:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Elefantenbot Go to Quoted Post
Family Guy (1999)

Sorry the wrong place to ask but is there another limit other than the 11k layers 1k/3k/3k/3k/1k shown in the paint booth? Just asking before I start such a large project. ..

Top hood: 2,255/3,000
Right side: 2,221/3,000
left side: 2,221/3,000
Rear: 8/1000

According to my calculations I have approximately 4,335 layers left to mess around with. I didn't touch the front bumper.
I know 11,000 layers is a lot and considering what I've used, I'm still an amateur painter. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do with what's available?

Edited by user Sunday, November 18, 2018 5:03:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 5:28:43 PM(UTC)

According to my calculations I have approximately 4,335 layers left to mess around with. I didn't touch the front bumper.
I know 11,000 layers is a lot and considering what I've used, I'm still an amateur painter. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do with what's available?

That wasn't meant as critique your paint, even when I think 2200 layers is a lot. If you would redo it, I'm sure you would end up with like half the layers easily.
I'm totally novice myself and I have seen all the amazing entries of the last three years, so I was just asking before I finish giant Vinyl groups which don't fit on the car after I finish them. That would be an apocalypse, so was just making sure. Efficiency is probably a part of the ride for a 10 weeks competition. Thanks for the answer.
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:43:50 PM(UTC)

Maybe add a base layout and/or an RCC logo?? πŸ™‚

Originally Posted by: Elefantenbot Go to Quoted Post

That wasn't meant as critique your paint, even when I think 2200 layers is a lot. If you would redo it, I'm sure you would end up with like half the layers easily.
I'm totally novice myself and I have seen all the amazing entries of the last three years, so I was just asking before I finish giant Vinyl groups which don't fit on the car after I finish them. That would be an apocalypse, so was just making sure. Efficiency is probably a part of the ride for a 10 weeks competition. Thanks for the answer.

Try to keep your character(s) around 1500 - 2000 layers (so you’ll have room for logo(s) and layout) and think about placement of the character beforen starting the image... as you might not need to do a full character as they tend to be taller rather then wider.. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ»
#12 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 4:11:13 PM(UTC)
SnakeEyes Friex wrote:

You know, that's not a bad idea actually. I may give that a shot. As for the RCC logo would you happen to have an example of one to work off of?
#13 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 8:40:36 PM(UTC)
SnakeEyes Friex wrote:

You know, that's not a bad idea actually. I may give that a shot. As for the RCC logo would you happen to have an example of one to work off of?

I can recreate te new logo for you to trace... or you can use this one...

I’ll put up a cleaner version when i can...
#14 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 10:31:01 PM(UTC)
I'll work off this one mate! thanks.
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 11:52:31 AM(UTC)
First wips posted πŸ˜€
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:58:09 PM(UTC)
Back to the first page post!

I finally decided what cartoon i’ll be doing πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰

Lets see some progress guys and girls!
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 7:20:51 AM(UTC)
This thread should be on a sticky!

This is my first time for doing RCC, are there any restrictions on when the livery should be shared?

On my first WIP attempt I'll try an institution ... Calvin and Hobbes ;)

For anyone familiar with my delivery liveries, there is a fast tune for this called "Deliverance".

Car: 2011 Ford Transit Supersportvan - File Name: Calvin & Hobbes

2018-12-07 15.02.47
by Rallyz, on Flickr

2018-12-07 15.02.40
by Rallyz, on Flickr
Twitter: @RallyzX360
#18 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 8:40:04 AM(UTC)
Ow nice work RallyZ! I’ll add it to the top when I get a chance!

You may release it when you want! Just know the judging will happen in february... so it’ll be a while... as of right know i’m thinking to let entrants pick another cartoon when they have finished their first design ... so If you want to take on another one πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 9:09:39 AM(UTC)
Sticky would be nice indeed.

Just adding a pic of the last state for my WIP for thread completeness.

Update soon, still trying out things to fit on cars before going into detailed shading.

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 9:10:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 2:16:53 PM(UTC)
Ow nice work RallyZ! I’ll add it to the top when I get a chance!

You may release it when you want! Just know the judging will happen in february... so it’ll be a while... as of right know i’m thinking to let entrants pick another cartoon when they have finished their first design ... so If you want to take on another one πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Thanks SnakeEyes :)
I'll have a think about another one.

Incidentally, if anyone wants to trace the new RCC logo, I can share the vinyl. Probably best shared tilted 15 degrees to the right so the text is horizontal to make it easier to trace.

Twitter: @RallyzX360
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 2:50:23 PM(UTC)
Well, well, well, what do we have here? :P
Quick Reply

Notification

Icon
Error