22 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#151 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:16:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Pretty sure most of those cars are recycled.

No, it's the opposite. The Aventador J and Saleen were last in FH1 and the Koenigsegg were last in FM4. The other 7 are new to Forza.

#152 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:21:15 PM(UTC)
Pretty sure most of those cars are recycled. And having both the Urus Concept and the production Urus makes me uneasy.

The only truly new cars are the M5, which makes any pack the best ever by its sole presence, and the Funco F9, though I appreciate the RAM Rebel among the refurbished stuff.

Having to buy the Expansion to own the M5, even though I own the UE, doesn't sit much right with me either.

Seems lately that not much does sit right with you
#153 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:21:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

No, it's the opposite. The Aventador J and Saleen were last in FH1 and the Koenigsegg were last in FM4. The other 7 are new to Forza.

thanks for the info max was wondering if the Saleen had been in my previous games. Looked familiar but couldn’t really recall where I had seen it.
 2 users liked this post.
#154 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:34:29 PM(UTC)
2019 Lamborghini Urus : I'm looking forward to this. My anxiety is one. Whether this car has an offroad wide body kit.
If this car does not have an offroad wide body, I will continue to drive with Urus Concept.
2018 BMW M5 : It is not a car for me, but not bad.
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept : More wild Ram. I like it. However, this car is a concept car.
2002 Koenigsegg CC8S : Swedish jewels more beautiful than Agera and Regera. I am excited that they chose the original CC8S, not CCX. Because this car is the most beautiful.
2018 Exomotive Exocet Off-Road : Variant of Exocet. I would have been more pleased if I don't had this car in FM7.
2012 Lamborghini Aventador J : Come back from FH1. I loved this car. However, the second remaster car in one expansion...
2010 Saleen S5S Raptor : The biggest surprise in this expansion. I thought Saleen lost the right of this car. But it is the third remaster ...
1953 Morris Minor Series II Traveler : A variant of Morris.
2018 Funco Motorsports F9 : Will this car run off-road safely? I'm already afraid of this car. I can't wait this monster.
2015 Hoonigan GYMKHANA 8 Ford Fiesta ST RX43 : More Fiesta. More Hoonigan.

Car list was not as great as what I expected.
Many variants and remaster cars. I'm glad that S2000, RX-7, and CC8S were added. But, "Completely new" car is more necessary for this game.
#155 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:44:25 PM(UTC)
Pretty sure most of those cars are recycled. And having both the Urus Concept and the production Urus makes me uneasy.

The only truly new cars are the M5, which makes any pack the best ever by its sole presence, and the Funco F9, though I appreciate the RAM Rebel among the refurbished stuff.

Having to buy the Expansion to own the M5, even though I own the UE, doesn't sit much right with me either.

If you have the Ultimate Edition that includes the Expansion Pass and by extension the Expansion and presumably its cars.

Personally, I'm most interested in that Morris woody.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#156 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 10:59:04 PM(UTC)
It just sucks that it's a dlc. for standard users, pretty boring in the main map.
Not making a wish but why not an Main Expansion?
 2 users liked this post.
#157 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:37:34 PM(UTC)
While I'm looking forward to the map, the car list leaves something to be desired, why all these slight variants? why do they go back on the reasons for cars not being in the game (like the C7 Stingray etc) for cars that are worse offenders of the ethos behind the car curation that T10/PG set themselves.

Urus - not my thing, when I think of SUVs I think of 80's Pajeros and Land Cruisers, not jumped up hatches.

BMW M5 - Finally a new model of a non niche car, something of a rarity in FH4.

Ram - Why? what does this do that the Power Wagon or the left behind Ram Runner doesn't? Doesn't Chevrolet have a rival that could have been used?

Buggy thing - Not my thing, but I'm surprised we haven't seen more, especially given the fuss in FH3.

Exocet - Poor mans Nomad, makes sense IRL, less so in a game where money is no object.

Morris Traveller - This is just the Volvo S60/V60 all over again, just more insulting as they could even give 2 years but 2 months.

Aventador J - Stopped myself buying it in H1 a few weeks back as a knew it would end up in FH4. Do we really need another Aventador version? 3 now, 5 if you count the other 2 in fat suits.

Keonigsegg - once again, not for me. People often complain about McLarens all looking the same, well Keonigsegg have been making the same super car for 15 years with slight tweaks and we've had nearly all of them. But having both older Manaros in FH4 would have been too much, or the Fiat Dino, well that's just too similar to ever car in game isn't it.

Fiesta RX - this is just a reskinned version of the Rahal car we already have, both are Rally X machines based on M-Sports WRC product, as opposed to the Olsberg MSE fiesta most others use (Builders of the Civic GRC).

Saleen - a forgotten concept car, odd choice, looks too much like a low detail generic traffic car.

It just seems interesting cars get eschewed for stuff that add nothing to the game, I'm honestly expecting more Horizon 1 base game/DLC cars as DLC. If this was FM8 with 900 cars, I'd love the variations, maybe as base came content and not DLC though, but not in a game with less cars than the last Horizon finished with. Its just sad we are more likely to see a 5 door 2014 Golf R over a Regular over a new edition, or another Koenigsegg over something interesting like a MG X-Power SV.

Wont be surprised if these cars are on there way:
8C Roadster
CCX R
Hummer Open Top
Viper ACR-X
458 Spider

I know people here forget we hand over money for this and I fully expect to get cars I'm not a fan of, but just chopping the roof, adding the estate version, slightly different trim package, previous game re-heat or livery swap is a bit disrespectful, especially when nearly half of the post release cars have been this.
 5 users liked this post.
#158 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:53:01 PM(UTC)
Decrying minor differences in added cars seems a bit disingenuous when you celebrate another addition to the BMW clone army...
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#159 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 12:28:31 AM(UTC)
Another cars from my wishlist, saleen s5s and old koenigsegg nice 👌with second expansion please add ssc ultimate aero from horizon 1
 2 users liked this post.
#160 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 2:40:13 AM(UTC)
I think I might be the only one who is not excited about the expansion. here are the reasons:

- Personally I don't value hairpins that much. They are a bit uninteresting to drive and to drift.
- After they changed the "horizon cup" to make us tune and choose our cares very carefully, with millions to win, I lost interest. Driving old content just to win 100.000 is not that interesting. Especially because "unbeatable" AI is not exactly unbeatable.
- Driving all roads only to struggle to find that last tiny, teeny bit of road undriven is not really an idea that fills my heart with joy.
- Same for the 1000 signs that we need to hit. Yeah, I know what you are going to say, but I NEED to have all signs down on the map :D
- I am more of a Forza Motorsport 7 type of guy... so roads are more compelling for me than dirt races or cross country (gasp). So why not play FM 7? Because I have all cars in FM7 and need my fix of buying cars.
- The lack of content in FH4 left me a bit burnt out.
- The absolute mediocre Forzathon shop items are not an incentive to play the game.

Other than that, even if I am a bit biased towards the negative side, I am looking forward to the 13th and I hope that it can re-light some of the fire that I lost.
#161 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 2:49:50 AM(UTC)
Wow! This is amazing. Very nice cars list. Love it.
#162 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 3:12:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
I think I might be the only one who is not excited about the expansion. here are the reasons:

No you are not only one, and after seing car list im even less excited, another urus, another aventador, another m5 another hoonigan fiesta, another ram so looks really boring. And when knowing how short main game was how short will expansion be (or maybe expansion have more content than main game to try to milk all the money game pass users) Online is allready terrible and how terrible it will be when other peoples will ram you off the cliff and how bad rivals mode is i dont see any reason to get expansion in this point.
 1 user liked this post.
#163 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 3:23:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Decrying minor differences in added cars seems a bit disingenuous when you celebrate another addition to the BMW clone army...

BMW Clone army, yeah, you're not biased at all. We all have opinions and you have to accept that, you don't have to attack everyone who doesn't agree with you. Next time you post, think is this adding to the discussion and not lets call this person out because I disagree. Can you tell me why you find the M5 to be a clone and why you find that a problem and why the Exocet and Minor don't warrant this criticism? You know why not open a discussion instead of high and mighty act.

While I agree most modern cars have that similar corporate face across the range, you can say that about any brand or era. 70s supercars, 80s American sedans, every Jeep, the 80s Trans Am, Camaro, RX-7, 944, Supra, etc

While you can tell the new M5 is from the same lineage as the last car, its is different in many ways and looks nothing like the other 5 series, let alone a 90s 850, Isetta, 2002, E30, I8, CSL, I personally don't see the V12 LMR's lines in this one. So isit not disingenuous to say the BMW is a clone, when its isn't, while looking forward to an actual clone? don't get me wrong I like the Traveller, I loved my Hot Wheels Taveller gasser as a kid, I just don't care for the way its added and how the developerss pick and choose when to apply what was discussed in the "why are cars left out" thread, with cars that are worse offenders than cars that have been booted from the series.

While I like the new M5, there are 50 odd cars I could think of that I'd swap it with in an instant, but at least it uses new assets unlike the other cars on the list. I'd have no problem them being added through or if the game had 8-900 cars, but its not and is paid DLC. Since you cant buy car packs separately they know they can get away with using variants that maybe cheaper to licence and quicker to make (changing 30% of a model or updating textures and adding opening doors to 360 Models is quicker than a new one from scratch). You either but the car pass or you buy separately at an inflated price, you can buy 7-8 cars before you spend more than the car pass value, so as long as they have 8 desirable cars, the rest can be budget saving filler.
#164 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 4:17:45 AM(UTC)
I am absolutely biased against BMWs - though there are a couple that I like, even some modern ones that manage to standout while having some brand characteristics. The M5 doesn't stand out. If I got it in a Wheelspin I'd have to look in my garage to see if it was a duplicate. It could entirely be an existing model with modified greebling as far as I'm concerned. But I am also not expressing disappointment that yet another one is being added. Given how much past disappointment I've had with car packs, I'm happy if there's one car I can like. Though this seems to be more of a bonus that just happens to come with the expansion than a paid-for car pack...
 1 user liked this post.
#165 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 4:35:06 AM(UTC)
I'm a little worried about the perceived focus on drifting. I'm really, really bad at drifting. Still, I'll definitely be getting this expansion. Been having way too much fun with this game not to.
#166 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 4:41:18 AM(UTC)
I've also spotted Ford Shelby F-150 SVT Raptor and Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Will they come as cars from Forzathon Shop?

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 7:57:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#167 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 5:00:23 AM(UTC)
A nice selection of vehicles to be added, very pleasantly surprised at some of the returning cars, especially the Saleen which brings back memories of unicorn hunting in FH1 (Mini JCW Coupe anyone?). Hoping the Fiesta is more than a simple reskin of current cars in the game, but delighted at another Morris making the cut! But please T10/PG Games up the garage limit to more than 550! I don't want to have start deleting non duplicate cars as more get added!
#168 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 5:01:25 AM(UTC)
Let's see...
2019 Lamborghini Urus: I drove the car irl twice and I have to admit that it's probably the only SUV alongside the Macan Turbo which deserves the "Sport" in SUV. On top of that I dig its look. Ridiciously overpriced irl but looking forward to tuning and driving it.

2018 BMW M5: Why not. It's most likely going to be swapped to RWD because an M5 has to struggle for grip imo.

2017 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept: Won't bother much with this car. Didn't touch the Ram Power Wagon neither.

2002 Koenigsegg CC8S: Definitely my favourite in this list. Most beautiful Koenigsegg and finally a Koenigsegg which hopefully will be drivable on S1. Can't wait to test this thing. Also one of my "requests" in the car wish list thread.

2018 Exocet Off-Road: Didn't like the V8 Exocet in FM7 but I'll give it a try.

2012 Lamborghini Aventador J: Used it from time to time in Horizon 1 but we already have a lot Aventadors in Horizon 4. Maybe.

2010 Saleen S5S Raptor: My second favourite here. And also a car of my car wish list. Loved it in Horizon 1 although it wasn't good.

1953 Morris Minor Series II Traveler: With the lack of lower classes in Rivals, seasonal Championships and online racing I have not much motivation to tune this. Classy car though.

2018 Funco Motorsports F9: Can't tell what this thing is capable of. Definitely interested.

2015 Hoonigan GYMKHANA 8 Ford Fiesta ST RX43: Yeah, whatever.

Some recycles and similiar cars to what we already have but it's okay I guess. The Koenigsegg, Saleen and Urus make it for me. Sadly to see no older TVR (Cerbera, Griffith, even a Tamora or Tuscan would be welcomed), a recycle of a Spyker C8 or Venturi. Still hoping since Gran Turismo 2 to see a Venturi again.
 3 users liked this post.
#169 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 5:33:29 AM(UTC)
Another Gymkhana Focus/Fiesta? Jesus... thats must be joke...

We have a lot of fantastic BRITISH cars - TVR Cerbera Speed Six, Jensen Interceptor, TVR V8S, TVR Griffith 500, Aston Martin DB7 Vantage, MG ZR... and you still give us sh*t and roofed spiders lol

You should give us recycled cars as Forzathon rewards - not as payable DLC...

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2018 6:11:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#170 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 6:37:38 AM(UTC)
Everyone complaining about another Hoonigan car/ fiesta, this is a different car than any of the ones currently in game, yes even different than the Rahaal Rally car. The rest of the cars are pretty good, minus a couple I could pass on.

Keep in mind, it is just a video game, and these devs do have limitations on what they can/can't do(includes licensing, time, etc.). I, for one, am stoked about how this game has turned out so far, and am optimistic about the expansion.
 1 user liked this post.
#171 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 6:47:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

By "recycled" I don't mean just returning cars (which we shouldn't pay for, BTW), but also cars that, in my view, take "less" effort to model than completely new ones.

I could be wrong but I don't think the devs would completely rescan a RAM 1500 when they already have the 2500 to use bits and pieces from, especially in ForzaVista. It became apparent when the Agera RS reused the front end of the One:1 when it shouldn't have.

As for the others, we already have a Morris Minor hatchback and the track version of the Exocet. Turning them into variants isn't as difficult, and sounds can often be reused.

The Urus itself, which is the star of the pack, I just can't believe T10/PG would go through the effort of remodeling the whole car unless there were significant changes.

There's content in the pack I enjoy, of course, but I'm not much impressed, sorry. There was no refurbished car in FM7, all of them came either with the base game or in updates as free cars/unicorns. Yet FM7 will be always remembered for the lootboxes, while the mass media just won't bother with the fact FH4's DLC, which actually requires money to buy, does not live up to the hype around the game.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#172 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 6:49:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DrumsSlayer Go to Quoted Post
You should give us recycled cars as Forzathon rewards - not as payable DLC...

Absolutely. This is a pretty disappointing list.
#173 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 7:08:57 AM(UTC)

Ultimate edition comes with the Expansion, you don't need to buy it.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#174 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 7:11:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rudock Go to Quoted Post
Everyone complaining about another Hoonigan car/ fiesta, this is a different car than any of the ones currently in game, yes even different than the Rahaal Rally car. The rest of the cars are pretty good, minus a couple I could pass on.

Keep in mind, it is just a video game, and these devs do have limitations on what they can/can't do(includes licensing, time, etc.). I, for one, am stoked about how this game has turned out so far, and am optimistic about the expansion.

Wish it was the WRC variant but I'll gladly drive that one
#175 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 7:19:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
While I'm looking forward to the map, the car list leaves something to be desired, why all these slight variants? why do they go back on the reasons for cars not being in the game (like the C7 Stingray etc) for cars that are worse offenders of the ethos behind the car curation that T10/PG set themselves.

Ram - Why? what does this do that the Power Wagon or the left behind Ram Runner doesn't? Doesn't Chevrolet have a rival that could have been used?

The Ram Rebel TRX is much better than the Power Wagon and Ram Runner.

It uses a detuned Hellcat motor and is already set up for Offroad. We already have Chevy's Offroad spec Colorado ZR2, which competes the Ram. The only one we are missing is the Ranger Raptor, which is coming at some point.

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

22 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error