This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
22 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:01:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post
Roads look wonderful. But I do hope this expansion comes with a complete overhaul of a lot of the game - mainly exhaust notes and updated cars/modifications. I’d have rather seen them put effort into correcting exhaust notes and adding newer cars/updated cars and adding way more customization options.

If there is any issue you have with some of the car details please do post in the "wrong car detail" thread to help keep it relevant, some of us have been trying for years to get some mistakes fixed and we're hoping this is the Forza game where it happens.

The only real details that matter to me are the exhaust notes. Anything else is minor. I haven’t really come across a car and say “wow, that’s dramatically wrong”. The exhaust sounds however make this game almost unplayable for me.

What I would like to see is newer model of cars we’ve had in these games for years now. Newer models and way more modification options closer to what NFS has always done with their games.
#127 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 10:42:43 PM(UTC)
Is it paved road?
The image seems unpaved road
#128 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:27:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WilySiren319431 Go to Quoted Post
Is it paved road?
The image seems unpaved road

From WIR.
"The location? The mysterious Fortune Island, home to wrecked Viking warships, ancient castles, and, by the sound of things, lots and lots of treasure. You’ll be hunting that treasure on this island full of epic driving experiences, including ravines, cliff-top roads, and drift-ready paved mountain switchbacks that would make the Alps’ Stelvio Pass blush with shame."

Edited by user Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:28:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#129 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 4:58:44 AM(UTC)
Can not wait for this! That paved mountain road looks amazing for both drifting and road racing. I just hope it''s not bad weather all the time so we can get some dry weather drifting in
#130 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 7:48:55 AM(UTC)
Hopefully we'll get some life outta this, I've done all the races already. Those switchbacks look fun though!
 2 users liked this post.
#131 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 11:23:19 AM(UTC)
And... whats the sense of this thread? Everybody already know that will be isle of skye. Few minutes after stream we knew that...
#132 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 1:18:58 PM(UTC)
An amalgam of several islands as you say. Cuillin of Skye and the Viking history of Shetland. And Eilean Donan from the mainland. As already stated above, there have been a number of threads about this.
#133 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 1:17:21 AM(UTC)
Love the look of this very excited. Blizzard mountain didn't disappoint and neither will this im sure. The only thing I dont like is the name its a bit childish. Why not just call it Isle of...... (enter fictional but realistic sounding name)

Seasons looks like it will definitely be a feature judging by trailer footage. Im certain you can see Autumn and spring foliage. I think that's great as it would be weird to have seasons on the main map but not this. It should launch with spring if it is the same as the main map.
E30
 5 users liked this post.
#134 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 3:27:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DrumsSlayer Go to Quoted Post
And... whats the sense of this thread? Everybody already know that will be isle of skye. Few minutes after stream we knew that...

Not everyone watches streams.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 2 users liked this post.
#135 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 6:26:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DrumsSlayer Go to Quoted Post

And what's the sense in this post? Not everyone knows what the expansion will be and not everyone watches the stream.

The whole point of this thread is to provide updates about the expansion for people who may not know the information otherwise.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#136 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 6:49:10 AM(UTC)
The only streams I really care about are the ones I need to ford in the game.

I come here for updates.

Edited by user Monday, November 19, 2018 6:49:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#137 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:10:26 AM(UTC)
Getting a bit over getting up at 5 am to be told nothing and wasting data on streams 3 hours before work.
All info should be posted here where it belongs only place linked from game.
Trying to work out if can stop fortune island downloading now sounds like more drift which is only part of game haven't completed and wont.

Edited by user Monday, November 19, 2018 11:13:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FORZA TIER 8 10530 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

#138 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 4:44:47 AM(UTC)
a rally expansion would be good :-)
#139 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 8:38:31 AM(UTC)
Will Fortune Island be seamlessly connected to main map?
Anyone know?

Because if not, it will kind of suck. Would be cool if's in the north, and you can access it by driving towards the bridge. It breaks the flow of the game, if you have to always switch (fast travel into) the location you're playing in

One (slightly more immersive) way would be a car ferry, you need to board. And ferry cutscene plays, "masking" the loading.

Edited by user Friday, November 23, 2018 8:46:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#140 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 8:46:41 AM(UTC)
I can almost guarantee it will not. It has been discussed here too many times allready. The expansions have always worked a certain way any they are hardly likely to change the formula.
I like fiestas
#141 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 12:24:06 PM(UTC)
I hope this will more online tracks
#142 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:07:46 PM(UTC)
Looking forward to this, should be FUN!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#143 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 6:43:47 PM(UTC)
The official trailer was revealed on The Game Awards livestream tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-e_447DY4U
https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/1070870892761231360

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh4_fortuneisland

Fortune Island
Brian Ekberg
Thursday, December 6, 2018

Quote:
Treasure, adventure, and epic driving action awaits you on Fortune Island, the first expansion for the critically acclaimed open world racing game Forza Horizon 4, developed by Playground Games. Fortune Island launches on December 13 for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC and is included for players who own the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition, Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle, or Expansion Bundle.

Travel to Fortune Island and experience the most treacherous expansion ever seen in the Forza Horizon series. Fortune Island is full of extreme terrain just begging to be explored in the vehicle of your choice. Navigate the sheer cliffside roads of Laufey’s Throne at speeds that are only limited by your courage. Get slideways through a massive drift zone on the Needle Climb – the largest paved mountain switchback road in Forza Horizon history. From the forests of Oldlarch Forest to the mysterious sunken village of Fenholm, Fortune Island rewards the curious and the brave alike.

While the terrain of the island is dangerous enough – and ideal for the dozens of events Cross Country, Asphalt Races, Drift Zones, and more that you’ll encounter – the weather is just as perilous. Moody, atmospheric storms, driving wind, lightning strikes, and the beauty of the Aurora Borealis all await as you chart a new location for the Horizon Festival.

You’ll find new challenges and new events to take part in around practically corner. The “fortune” in Fortune Island is a very real thing. As soon as you arrive on the island, you’ll be immersed in a quest to search down treasure chests scattered across the expanse of the island. Solve the riddles and locate the treasure chests to add millions of credits to your bank account, as well as some amazing new vehicles.

Along the way you’ll take part in dozens of new events, including the brand-new Trailblazer PR Stunts, where your goal will be to find the quickest route between two points. With huge elevation changes, and tricky terrain at every turn, Trailblazer events are a test of route planning, split-second reactions, and driving skill all at once. In addition, players can live a new Horizon Story: Drift Club 2.0.

The epic driving experiences of Fortune Island demand a lineup of amazing vehicles to add to your Forza Horizon 4 garage. From the latest iteration of Lamborghini’s Urus SUV to rough-and-ready rides like the Funco Motorsports F9 or the Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept, there’s no shortage of vehicular awesomeness to choose from. Here’s a look at all ten vehicles coming to the expansion:

2019 Lamborghini Urus
2018 BMW M5
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept.
2002 Koenigsegg CC8S
2018 Exomotive Exocet Off-Road
2012 Lamborghini Aventador J
2010 Saleen S5S Raptor
1953 Morris Minor Series II Traveler
2018 Funco Motorsports F9
2015 Hoonigan GYMKHANA 8 Ford Fiesta ST RX43

-

Edited by user Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:48:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#144 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 6:52:13 PM(UTC)
Good for all who like the new cars, none of them really scratch my itch but variety is the spice of life. The map expansion, all those winding roads, that I can't wait for!!!

Trailer looks awesome, I can't wait for this!!!

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
#145 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 6:54:23 PM(UTC)
Trailer looks great. Aventador J, Koenigsegg CC8S (I think, maybe CCR) and that new Saleen thing spotted also.
 1 user liked this post.
#146 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:35:58 PM(UTC)
Great list can’t wait to drive the Aventador J and new M5. Urus Concept is one of my fav SUV’s, so no doubt production version will be fantastic. But why do we need another Hoonigon Ford Fiesta ST RX43, that takes the number of Fiesta rally cars to four, so far they have been all the same just diff liveries.

Edited by user Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:48:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#147 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:46:03 PM(UTC)
The pic is wrong for the Fiesta. You've got the Honda Civic up there instead.
#148 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:51:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SadTigerPanda Go to Quoted Post
The pic is wrong for the Fiesta. You've got the Honda Civic up there instead.

For some reason they didn’t release photos of the Fiesta
 4 users liked this post.
#149 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:57:51 PM(UTC)
Pretty sure most of those cars are recycled. And having both the Urus Concept and the production Urus makes me uneasy.

The only truly new cars are the M5, which makes any pack the best ever by its sole presence, and the Funco F9, though I appreciate the RAM Rebel among the refurbished stuff.

Having to buy the Expansion to own the M5, even though I own the UE, doesn't sit much right with me either.

Edited by user Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:00:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#150 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:08:47 PM(UTC)
I'm so glad they have returned the Aventador J, Koenigsegg CC8S and the Saleen Raptor. Hopefully with the epic mountain roads we will get some hill climb race cars to really complete the experience.
22 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error