This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
22 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 2:55:06 AM(UTC)
Guess we stay around Scotland, the castle in video looked pretty much a non-licensed version of Eilean Donan Castle to me (there can be only one!). Great vistas, let's hope we see some useful multiplayer changes till then.

Hey, wait! Isn't the logo for the expansion the same as everybody's favourite game mode, Cross Country? :P

Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
 2 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 3:18:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MuoNiuLa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PaulBe Go to Quoted Post
Meh.

These kind of twisty mountain roads should have been in the base game.

Just another 'hold stuff back to resell as an expansion'

Have we really gotten to the point where we think they’re holding back roads of all things to release later as paid DLC?

Absolutely.

Come on, you can’t be that naive. This is a very common business strategy in video games nowadays.

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2018 4:12:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#78 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 4:36:27 AM(UTC)
Looks promising, especially the twisty mountain road. Also very happy about the addition of the production Urus. Drove it twice in the real world and while horrendously overpriced it's a very sporty SUV.

Now all we need is a significantly improved multiplayer part.
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 4:37:49 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Trolling removed - D]

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2018 1:42:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#80 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 4:43:19 AM(UTC)
Very much reminds me of the isle of skye as to what ive seen so far
#81 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 5:10:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomS675 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
This is gonna be good for the driftards and pretty bad for people who enjoy open roads...

Where is this island supposed to be IRL? "Fortune Island" returns me a location in the Phillippines... But obviously that won't be the case judging by previous expansions.

It would have to be northwards from the UK for the Aurora Borealis to be so visable. Parhaps around Iceland or Greenland.

looks like Isle of Skye and some of the scenes had "the Old man of Store" & "Eilean Donan Castle"
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 5:21:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CurriedCat Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Oo MR JD oO;1007556]
It's based in Britain
Give us British classics
Not sure where they grew up but seems like they don't know what cars real British car fans and forza fans want to see .

Pretty hard to get manyBritish classics as most of the companies don't exist anymore so can't license them.

Right.

I mean Talbot, Sunbeam, HDT, Hummer, AMC, Oldsmobile, Triumph Motor Company couldn't have cars in the game based on this logic.

Talbot belongs to Peugeot.
Sunbeam is PSA (Peugeot Citroen).
HDT still operates.
AMC is Fiat Chrysler
Oldsmobile is General Motors
Triumph marque is owned by BMW

All of these are companies which still exist in some form hence they are in the game.

Some other makes do still exist, other are held by private companies/individuals. Not everyone wants their cars in games or even understands the games. Quite a few will not be able to be tracked down.
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 5:23:51 AM(UTC)

HDT still operates.
AMC is Fiat Chrysler

All of these are companies which still exist in some form hence they are in the game.

Some other makes do still exist, other are held by private companies/individuals. Not everyone wants their cars in games or even understands the games. Quite a few will not be able to be tracked down.

A reason why I'll probably never see a Venturi in a game again. I adored the 300 atlantique and 400GT in Gran Tursimo 2.
 5 users liked this post.
#84 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 6:41:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nemesis464 Go to Quoted Post
Meh.

Have we really gotten to the point where we think they’re holding back roads of all things to release later as paid DLC?

Absolutely.

Come on, you can’t be that naive. This is a very common business strategy in video games nowadays.

What strategy? Making it perfectly clear months before release of the game that two expansions would be coming later? Playground isn’t pulling the rug from under us here. They were transparent in letting us know that more paid content was coming, whatever it may be. You’d have a point is this expansion just came out of the blue.
 2 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 6:51:05 AM(UTC)
Meh.

Absolutely.

What strategy? Making it perfectly clear months before release of the game that two expansions would be coming later? Playground isn’t pulling the rug from under us here. They were transparent in letting us know that more paid content was coming, whatever it may be. You’d have a point is this expansion just came out of the blue.

The timing is certainly suspect. FH4 has been out merely 2 months and has a very outraged audience due to the garbage multiplayer. It is near Christmas so they had to do something to get sales going for that. I think their biggest loss come from the fact this game was on Game Pass and people could play it without buying it and now have the choice to not purchase it. They needed something to save them.
#86 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 7:58:08 AM(UTC)
Meh.

Absolutely.

The way you put it, it doesnt make sense cause,they trully said that there are going to be 2 expansions but if the games map was like without a big city and then the first expansion was a big city then this would be a ripoff.I agree that some of these roads should be in the game but i willl hold back until the release or some gameplay footage to judge better!

#87 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 9:59:25 AM(UTC)
I have a few questions and concerns.

1. Do we drive to this new island as an expansion to the current map? or do we teleport an entirely different map like Blizzard Mountain and Storm Island?

2. If it's a different map, then we ask why?? Why split the community up into 3 different maps and team adventures?

3. Will seasons change on the 2 expansion in sync with the main map?

2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 2 users liked this post.
#88 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 11:07:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
I have a few questions and concerns.

1. Do we drive to this new island as an expansion to the current map? or do we teleport an entirely different map like Blizzard Mountain and Storm Island?

2. If it's a different map, then we ask why?? Why split the community up into 3 different maps and team adventures?

3. Will seasons change on the 2 expansion in sync with the main map?

1) Most likely a teleport to an entirely different map as before.

2) It's the way it has always been done and how would it work otherwise for people that did not have the expansion.

3) I doubt it, but we will see.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 11:09:53 AM(UTC)
I wish that instead of using the fast travel it was possible to access the expansion through the bridges that are to the north of Endiburgo.
#90 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 12:11:43 PM(UTC)
This sounds like fun! And we get to see northern lights and extreme lightning strikes?!? Yooo!!! Amazing!!!
#91 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 12:16:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Oo MR JD oO;1007556]
It's based in Britain
Give us British classics
Not sure where they grew up but seems like they don't know what cars real British car fans and forza fans want to see .

Pretty hard to get manyBritish classics as most of the companies don't exist anymore so can't license them.

Right.

I mean Talbot, Sunbeam, HDT, Hummer, AMC, Oldsmobile, Triumph Motor Company couldn't have cars in the game based on this logic.

HDT still operates.
AMC is Fiat Chrysler

Ok. Which companies cannot be tracked down then?

And you missed my point. Your logic was that the companies don't exist and therefore cannot have cars in the game. The companies I mentioned actually do not exist as they are no longer trading (including HDT, a company called HDT special vehicles has licensed the brand, but HDT itself is long gone), but other companies own their intellectual property.

My point is that just because the company no longer exists, it does not mean the cars can't be licensed, which is what you said in your first post.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#92 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 1:07:47 PM(UTC)
Meh.

Absolutely.

The strategy of holding back 'better' features to release as paid content.

The community has been crying out for tight twisty paved tarmac roads like in the trailer for what feels like 5+ years now. In the early development days of FH4, the devs mentioned that we were getting our wishes, and then lo-and-beyond, the game releases and there's virtually nothing. 90% of the hairpins are dirt.

It's blatantly obvious that they've held one of the most asked-for features as paid DLC.

Just like so many gaming companies do nowadays.
#93 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 1:11:21 PM(UTC)
This is another addition to a trend i just realized.

FH2: storm island. introduced extreme weather

FH3: blizzard mountain. introduced snow and blizzards, also extreme weather

FH4: fortune island. introduces lightning.

the trend is weather. each one is an improved clone of Storm Island
#94 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 3:29:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Carramrod1225 Go to Quoted Post
This is another addition to a trend i just realized.

FH2: storm island. introduced extreme weather

FH3: blizzard mountain. introduced snow and blizzards, also extreme weather

FH4: fortune island. introduces lightning.

the trend is weather. each one is an improved clone of Storm Island

This pattern actually started with the first Horizon.

The rally expansion of the original Horizon was pretty much the same. Original Horizon did not have dirt roads at all until the expansion.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 5 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 4:01:59 PM(UTC)
This looks good. I just hope the 2nd expansion isn't another Hot Wheels type expansion. The only good thing about that was the E49 Charger.
#96 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 4:37:27 PM(UTC)
Like others have said, very glad to see more paved winding mountain roads. Hopefully there will be some sort of story mode with interesting progression to go along with this expansion given how disappointing progression is in the base game. Will be interesting to see how the treasure hunting fits in with all of this as well.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
#97 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 5:16:07 PM(UTC)
I love treasure hunting in other games (like tomb raider) and that's probably what im looking forward to the most. I just hope its actual treasure and not clothing, horns, or dances that you uncover.
 1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 6:00:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
I love treasure hunting in other games (like tomb raider) and that's probably what im looking forward to the most. I just hope its actual treasure and not clothing, horns, or dances that you uncover.

A small pile of gold and jewels that you can only see in the trunk of your car in Forzavista mode?
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#99 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 6:03:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grim Kidaver Go to Quoted Post
The timing is certainly suspect. FH4 has been out merely 2 months and has a very outraged audience due to the garbage multiplayer. It is near Christmas so they had to do something to get sales going for that. I think their biggest loss come from the fact this game was on Game Pass and people could play it without buying it and now have the choice to not purchase it. They needed something to save them.

It's pretty much sticking to the original release schedule. IIRC, the first expansion was always supposed to come around December.

#100 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 7:24:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post
This looks good. I just hope the 2nd expansion isn't another Hot Wheels type expansion. The only good thing about that was the E49 Charger.

The Charger was the most boring part about the expansion to me.
22 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error