This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
22 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:15:14 AM(UTC)
Is this expansion available to buy by itself? It looks like it’s only available through the bundle. Which is weird, cause the bundle description says you can get the two expansions at a reduced price, yet you can’t buy the expansions separately.

For Horizon 2, the expansions were Storm Island and Porsche. I only bought Storm Island.

For Horizon 3, I waited on getting Blizzard Mountain to see what the second expansion was. If it wa something like the Porsche expansion, I’d just get the one expansion. It ended up being Hot Wheels so I bought the bundle. (I liked the Hot Wheels expansion but remember a lot of guys on this forum get angry because they say they wasted their money on the bundle!)

Anyway, it just looks like you gotta buy the bundle this time around. Hopefully the second expansion is as big as Fortune Island.
#52 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:50:02 AM(UTC)
I wish they updated the Urus already in the game. It's just gonna feel weird to have both the concept and the final car in the roster, like with the Aston DB5.

In fact, I might just sell my Concept and never add it to my blueprints. :D
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#53 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 3:02:20 AM(UTC)
Looks good.

With new cars in the expansion will it be possible to store every car in your garage. With 4 duplicates I have under 40 slots left with 16 cars to get plus Car Pass cars.
 2 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 4:45:30 AM(UTC)
Bring on the hill climb events and why not a few bikes for the fun of it ! Come on Playground, give us a PGR throwback.
#55 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:18:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BigBlueGuitar Go to Quoted Post
I'm also guessing (and hoping) that, while I love the seasons, this won't be tied to them.
Same. While winter looks beautiful, I really don’t like how literally every road on the map feels icy.

Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
This is gonna be good for the driftards and pretty bad for people who enjoy open roads...
“driftards”? Lmao

2 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:04:30 AM(UTC)
I’m thinking that one of the cars that’s going to be in the expansion is the new ford ranger raptor which was Announced at gamescom to be put in the game in October but didn’t happen. Also would be a great car for the environment of the expansion. Link to article
 3 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:13:00 AM(UTC)
It's a pity it couldn't be tacked on as an expansion of the existing map rather than a new location.

Having said that, it looks to be pretty much everything that I was hoping for with the at least one of the expansions. Looking forward to it a lot, you can never have too many corners!
 2 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:27:27 AM(UTC)
So will that awesome looking mountain road turn into a path on rails once they add the walls on both sides? Wallriders dream! Honestly, no walls in this expansion would be amazing
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:32:45 AM(UTC)
Can't wait to have more useless
Hoonican cars

Are playground games really based in Scotland
If they are why so many no birtian cars always being added

It's based in Britain
Give us British classics
Not sure where they grew up but seems like they don't know what cars real British car fans and forza fans want to see

Who really cares about more bad weather to make the racing even more annoying

They should focus on giving us proper brisitsh classics
And fortune island

Why are all the expansions made up

Couldn't they just of made the island of Mann and added thunder and lightning

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:33:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:44:52 AM(UTC)
Can't wait for this, touge runs are finally a thing in Horizon! Time to tune up some B class hatches to see if I can out corner all these S1 power junkies
#61 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:24:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Oo MR JD oO Go to Quoted Post
Can't wait to have more useless
Hoonican cars

Are playground games really based in Scotland
If they are why so many no birtian cars always being added

It's based in Britain
Give us British classics
Not sure where they grew up but seems like they don't know what cars real British car fans and forza fans want to see

Who really cares about more bad weather to make the racing even more annoying

They should focus on giving us proper brisitsh classics
And fortune island

Why are all the expansions made up

Couldn't they just of made the island of Mann and added thunder and lightning

Many of Hoonigan cars introduced on the trailer, have already been found to be irrelevant to expansion.
There are 2 kinds of trailer published on X018. Introduction of Fortune Island and video of Hoonigan released at Amazon Prime Video. These two are different contents.
Currently no car other than 2019 Lamborghini Urus has been announced.
#62 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:42:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
It's a pity they've moved away from the U.K. theme. Would've been interesting to drive round the capital city of London or Blackpool and the sandy beaches at Southport.

Sadly all the expansions have taken place in imaginary places.

I was hoping for an expansion that goes to the Isle of Mann myself.
 2 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:58:56 AM(UTC)
Excited as hell, community keeps crying out for more verticality and winding paved roads and looks like were gettin it.
#64 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 9:25:58 AM(UTC)
Addendum:

I do hope they bring some cutting edge stuff to really kick this game into high gear with the cars like the Jaguar Project 8, new DBS Superleggera, Infinity Q60 Project Black, ect, that would be the icing on the cake.

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 9:26:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 10:57:27 AM(UTC)
Meh.

These kind of twisty mountain roads should have been in the base game.

Just another 'hold stuff back to resell as an expansion'
 4 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 11:38:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PaulBe Go to Quoted Post
Meh.

These kind of twisty mountain roads should have been in the base game.

Just another 'hold stuff back to resell as an expansion'

Have we really gotten to the point where we think they’re holding back roads of all things to release later as paid DLC?

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 11:38:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:47:27 PM(UTC)
I think if they were just to expand the current map, there would be some backlash from the fans saying this new part was there all along and locked behind a paywall. A totally separate area prevents that.

As far as it being made up places instead of actual real locations, It probably comes down to cost. How much does it cost for someone to travel and find spots that embodies the expansion’s objective? Then make a game out of it that’s true to it’s real life counterpart? Then there must be special fees to use the locations likeliness. Then they have to convince the city/state/etc. to use their location for an expansion, Not a full game. Is Playground willing to pay all that for essentially a $20 add-on?
#68 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:09:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AgonizedSpace13 Go to Quoted Post
Is this expansion available to buy by itself?

You can buy it by itself.
https://www.microsoft.co...vetab=pivot:overviewtab

Edit: Looking at my own link, I dont see a price for the stand alone DLC any more, there used to be, so maybe a temporary glitch?

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:08:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#69 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:50:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Oo MR JD oO;1007556]
It's based in Britain
Give us British classics
Not sure where they grew up but seems like they don't know what cars real British car fans and forza fans want to see .

Pretty hard to get manyBritish classics as most of the companies don't exist anymore so can't license them.

1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:59:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CurriedCat Go to Quoted Post
It's based in Britain
Give us British classics
Not sure where they grew up but seems like they don't know what cars real British car fans and forza fans want to see .

Pretty hard to get manyBritish classics as most of the companies don't exist anymore so can't license them.

Companies go, but assets remain. A company might get bought by someone else, all the original company's assets become the new company's property, or an administrator might sell off the assets of a company that is going under. If an asset truly has no owner, then there is no one to sue you if you use it.
#71 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 3:11:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CurriedCat Go to Quoted Post
It's based in Britain
Give us British classics

Right.

I mean Talbot, Sunbeam, HDT, Hummer, AMC, Oldsmobile, Triumph Motor Company couldn't have cars in the game based on this logic.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#72 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 4:45:44 PM(UTC)
Looks awesome! A whole new map is just the thing I need. Don't get me wrong, I love Scotland, it's beautiful, but slightly after one month of playing...it does kinda feel small. The best part of that island for me is already the extreme weather. Full-on "The Day After Tomorrow" storms with lightning, heavy rain, almost zero visibility...that's exactly my thing!
Also looking forward to the production Urus, this will look great next to the Concept Car.

I just hope these mountain roads will get proper drift championships and events, not just drift zones and that this treasure hunt will be a challenge and a lot harder than the search for barn finds :D All in all I'm very much looking forward to Fortune Island and I simply can't wait to have a go! :)
#73 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:01:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
It's a pity they've moved away from the U.K. theme.

Looks a lot closer to UK theme than Blizzard Mountain did to Australia...

Because there isn't actually a mountain range in Australia called the Snowy Mountains, or Australian Alps?

As an Australian who has hiked the Australian Alps (albeit in the middle of summer), about the only thing "Australian" about Blizzard Mountain were the snow-gums. Yes they are mountains. Yes they get snow. Yes they occasionally get blizzards (my brother was actually caught up in one at Charlotte's Pass back in the summer of '98, the same storm that wrecked the Sydney to Hobart fleet). Just about everything else felt wrong or out-of-place.

Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
I'll repeat what I wrote when Blizzard mountain was released. It's a shame that nothing from the real world was incorporated into Blizzard mountain and the entire expansion was fictionalised and not even inspired by real locations.

It really wouldn't have been hard for them to call the village Thredbo or Jindabyne, call one of the main roads the Alpine Way, chuck in Tumut 3 as one of the beauty spots, have a hillclimb-like twisty road to Charlotte's Pass or Mt Buller etc etc....

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:22:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

12 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 1:45:46 AM(UTC)
Glad to hear you're all excited for Fortune Island!
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 2:26:21 AM(UTC)
Just drove trough the Alps in September with my Subaru STI and now i see a similar road in the preview. *in love*
For me, best possible expansion!
Thanks Playground Games!

I hope that the shown twisty road is as narrow as it should be and not a winding plane runway :D
Unfortunately there is no scale reference point in the picture.
22 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error