This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
22 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 4:42:58 PM(UTC)
Looks interesting so far.

If Route Creator comes to this expansion, if there isn't one already, I'll make a race exclusively using that twisty road.
One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 5:02:28 PM(UTC)
Just be sure that if you have ultimate edition you DO NOT buy the expansion or the bundle as the Microsoft store would NOT warn you that you already OWN that content. And they will NOT refund you for content purchase in duplicate even if it is their system allowed so. Instead you will have endless template response that the product is not eligible for refund.

This apply to any product they bundle into other product, their store does not seem to recognize that and warn you of the fact that you may be buying a license for something you already own. So not just Forza, but I know someone who got had on this one.

Edited by user Saturday, November 10, 2018 5:04:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#28 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 5:45:51 PM(UTC)
I'd say I won't let T10 fool me a 3rd time after FM7 and FH4 disaster but I bought ultimate edition so I'll try it out but I assure you I'm skeptical. Feels kinda rushed to me but then it my be a CYA decision. I was actually more interested in the announcement SOD2 did at the expo. They are a smaller studio but still under Microsoft but at least their devs communicate more with their community and they don't even have a forum on their website.
 6 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 5:59:28 PM(UTC)
This expansion looks like a blast, I'm definitely looking forward to it. My time off in December was supposed to be relegated to other games but I don't think that will be the case...

It's also a great feeling being an Ultimate Edition owner and not having to pay extra for expansions anymore. 😄

🇨🇦
#30 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 6:47:15 PM(UTC)
This looks really cool. I can already imagine plenty of really amazing photo's being shot especially with the thunder which is going to be such an amazing addition. The Lamborghini Urus is a welcomed addition (although I prefer the concept) so I'm happy that's being added. All in all I think this is going to be such fun playing especially for hardcore off-roading.

Edited by user Saturday, November 10, 2018 6:48:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 7:16:05 PM(UTC)
Awesome I can't wait! This reminds me a little of FH2's Storm Island, which I really loved.... but bigger and better.
#32 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 7:24:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I can get behind this setting. Then again to be honest all they have to do to please us is just not do Hot Wheels

If it were another Hot Wheels expansion, I'd be excited. But the apparent mundanity of it puts me in a "ho-hum, more racing I guess" frame of mind. Hopefully the second expansion will be something more interesting (not necessarily a Hot Wheels sequel, mind).
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#33 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 8:50:26 PM(UTC)
This looks amazing! I hoped they would return the extreme weather, and the fact they are adding so much with it, is just more cherries on top of the big fudge sundae you can fall into. If they can include some crazy rally events that would be perfect.
 2 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 9:17:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BFC 2000Z3M Go to Quoted Post
Looked like a viking ship, northern norway?

Viking ship is probably a reference to Shetland's Up Helly Aa culture and festival
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 9:48:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
It's a pity they've moved away from the U.K. theme.

Looks a lot closer to UK theme than Blizzard Mountain did to Australia...
 13 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:31:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post

Because there isn't actually a mountain range in Australia called the Snowy Mountains, or Australian Alps?
#37 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:44:16 PM(UTC)
I haven't seen the trailer yet, but the photos and comments sound awesome!

So glad I bought ultimate.

One thing I notice on Max's post, it should the expansion 1 description.

On the category, it says racing AND flying!

I haven't seen the tailer, so it might show it there, but I'm pumped either way!

-OrangeKey822342
#38 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:56:47 PM(UTC)
Can we get struck by lighting or have it strike near us cause that would be awsome.
#39 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:59:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: romeoteknik Go to Quoted Post
Damn, that road looks like the Transfăgărășan in Romania! So is this going to be another separate map? I was hoping they would just expand the map North. How do you have bridges there teasing us and not use it?

You know you can drive the actual Transfagarasan in RFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa right?

The track has existed for years.

That said, I would love to drive the car rosters we see in a typical Forza game up and down the Transfagarasan.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 11:07:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post

Because there isn't actually a mountain range in Australia called the Snowy Mountains, or Australian Alps?

Aussie here who buys season passes to the Snowy Mountains snow resorts every year and has driven his Megane RS250 all over the mountain roads around that range (and an R33 Skyline GTS25t before that).

I'll repeat what I wrote when Blizzard mountain was released. It's a shame that nothing from the real world was incorporated into Blizzard mountain and the entire expansion was fictionalised and not even inspired by real locations.

I expect Fortune Island will be the same just like Storm Island before.

Missed opportunity in all three cases.

I'm happy about the long paved mountain road nonetheless. It's my favourite kind of driving in real life and in the virtual world.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#41 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 11:07:27 PM(UTC)
Great! Now put as much effort in this as in whitelisting RTSS and Game Capture in OBS!
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 11:42:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OrangeKey822342 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't seen the trailer yet, but the photos and comments sound awesome!

So glad I bought ultimate.

One thing I notice on Max's post, it should the expansion 1 description.

On the category, it says racing AND flying!

I haven't seen the tailer, so it might show it there, but I'm pumped either way!

-OrangeKey822342

The genre is racing and flying. Always has been for all racing games.
I blame the ants.
#43 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 11:58:47 PM(UTC)
This looks good. Verticality and windy mountain roads is a lot of what made Blizzard Mountain great. I’m excited for this, and am now convinced to get the expansion pass.
#44 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:01:09 AM(UTC)
Damn, that road looks like the Transfăgărășan in Romania! So is this going to be another separate map? I was hoping they would just expand the map North. How do you have bridges there teasing us and not use it?

It's maybe their take on the Bealach na Bà (Pass of the Cattle) in the Highlands. Infact also in the teaser is the Old Man of Storr (Isle of Skye), Eilean Donan (Kyle of Lochalsh), there were probably others that i missed :)

It would be amazing if this expansion allowed you to cross the bridges (north of Edinburgh on the map) to access even more northerly parts of the UK!

Some amazing scenery and roads up there and some great feature locations they could incorporate into the map!

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:12:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:39:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UpsideDownFly Go to Quoted Post

It's maybe their take on the Bealach na Bà (Pass of the Cattle) in the Highlands. Infact also in the teaser is the Old Man of Storr (Isle of Skye), Eilean Donan (Kyle of Lochalsh), there were probably others that i missed :)

It would be amazing if this expansion allowed you to cross the bridges (north of Edinburgh on the map) to access even more northerly parts of the UK!

Some amazing scenery and roads up there and some great feature locations they could incorporate into the map!

The mountainscape is reminiscent of The Cuillin on the Isle of Skye.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:12:21 AM(UTC)
Oh my <3
#47 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:19:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BFC 2000Z3M Go to Quoted Post
Looked like a viking ship, northern norway?

Hoards of viking went to the British Isles all the time
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:24:41 AM(UTC)
Amazing, really amazing!! Can't wait!! Finally paved mountain roads, i am so excited to make some nice mountain circuits and sprints with the route creator, i was really missing red rock form fh1, this is also really nice for the drifters, i am more a racer but cant wait to drift those mountains.

Thanks playground games
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:28:26 AM(UTC)
Doesn't look like it's much different from the main game except for some elevation changes. I'll reserve my final opinion until I'm actually on the map. As it looks to me now, adding lightning to basically the same type or map doesn't seem like a very exciting expansion.
#50 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:50:31 AM(UTC)
*not wish list
I'm also interested in what kind of car is included in this expansion.
There are probably 7 to 10 cars included. And one of them has already been announced Urus.

My guess:

1: 2019 Lamborghini Urus
2: Modern rally car (Like a GRC)
3: Retro rally car (Group B/Group S/Classic Dakar)
4: Trucks (Dakar Rally?)
5: Modern Hypercars (Many users are requesting it)
6: Drift car (Hoonigan or Formula Drift)
7: British cars (like the Chrysler Charger of FH3 Hot Wheels expansion, cars from the country that was location in the Horizon Festival will be added)
Barn Finds: A car of 1900-1940. (They will add these cars to enrich this division. And I guess it is a British car like Singer Le Mans.)

I'm sure they will add a drift car. They will definitely add drift car to advertise that switchback with a trailer.

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:51:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

22 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error