22 Pages<<19202122PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#501 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:47:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Azazello88 Go to Quoted Post
Of course in real life you radio magically mutes when you drift or you hear camera shutters next to speed traps…that’s soooo good for immersion at a car festival. I know horizon is orientated towards arcade, but come on! A touch of realism (optional of course) would be nice. But you know what, forget it...it's a one big circle *** here. Everyone is free to have an opinion if it falls within “I love the game!!! Wow!” category, apparently the rest of the crowd should shut up and get lost.

You can suggest whatever you like ..but put it where it belongs ..in the wishlist

Have any opinion you like but everyone else can have an opinion too

None of the game based opinions on here are invalid - we all like different things. There is an element of fan boi at times from some, but that is their prerogative.

What I think needs more work is the tone and respect displayed towards others, not focusing on you Talby (yours was just the latest message), and the draconian forum control.

On the respect thing, some of you younger chaps, and some older, have forgotten how to communicate with others. You may be relatively anonymous behind your consoles and devices but this should not excuse poor form. Opinions are one thing, but I even find some I agree with are delivered terribly poorly. The source of contention here is just commenting on his view about immersion. What is it that strikes this as a reason to ridicule? You should aim to communicate online as you would in person.

As to the forum rules, they are sensible but the attitude towards them is making this forum unattractive. Sometimes a wish is relevant to the conversation, sometimes not. The repeated reference to the correct behaviour is often dismissive.

No doubt some will dismiss the idea of mutual respect with a well worn excuse. Others will cite chaos as evidence that rudely pointing out forum rules is OK. Either response is merely justification for poor personal conduct.

I don't post terribly often but this site has been a good source of information and opinion. Problems and solutions, tips and tricks are always welcome. I respect all the different groups and have only increased my own enjoyment by trying to get better at drifting and other elements that I may not normally go in for. I was terribly happy the other day when I got two stars in a drift zone.

However, if it continues its downward slide into needless point scoring and anonymous bluster it will cease to become useful and popular and then nobody wins.

3 users liked this post.
#502 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:02:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Chapmaan69 Go to Quoted Post
On the respect thing, some of you younger chaps, and some older, have forgotten how to communicate with others. You may be relatively anonymous behind your consoles and devices but this should not excuse poor form. Opinions are one thing, but I even find some I agree with are delivered terribly poorly. The source of contention here is just commenting on his view about immersion. What is it that strikes this as a reason to ridicule? You should aim to communicate online as you would in person.

As to the forum rules, they are sensible but the attitude towards them is making this forum unattractive. Sometimes a wish is relevant to the conversation, sometimes not. The repeated reference to the correct behaviour is often dismissive.

No doubt some will dismiss the idea of mutual respect with a well worn excuse. Others will cite chaos as evidence that rudely pointing out forum rules is OK. Either response is merely justification for poor personal conduct.

I don't post terribly often but this site has been a good source of information and opinion. Problems and solutions, tips and tricks are always welcome. I respect all the different groups and have only increased my own enjoyment by trying to get better at drifting and other elements that I may not normally go in for. I was terribly happy the other day when I got two stars in a drift zone.

However, if it continues its downward slide into needless point scoring and anonymous bluster it will cease to become useful and popular and then nobody wins.

I find your wanton regard for mutual respect to be very disrespectful to those who just want to come onto these boards to whinge, whine and complain about the game and each other in a manner that descends into name calling and point scoring.... just sayin' ;0)
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
#503 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:56:14 AM(UTC)
It's such a shame that it's impossible to reach the top of mountain. Why?! Forza, why would you do that to us? It makes no sense. Also you get respawned if you try to climb the northwest face of the mountain, which also totally sucks.
 2 users liked this post.
#504 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 3:52:16 PM(UTC)
I’m really enjoying the DLC so far, but even with some of the backlash PG had with the base game, they really haven’t helped themselves.

-Wallriding is worse than ever. So many corners can be taken much quicker by full-throttling it around the barrier. I’ve had people say ‘oooh a good driver will always be quicker blah blah’. No. Many corners are irrefutably quicker if you wallride.

-Everything is so easy. It’s a noob’s paradise. The PR stunts are stupidly easy and you can complete many of the in any old B or A class car. In the base game there were quite a few that really posed a challenge... but now they’re all preschool levels of easy. Even the races are cranked down in the difficulty level. Unbeatable was a challenge in the mainland, now it feels waaay easier

-Same as above, the riddles are designed for 5 year olds. ‘An 80s lambo designed for dirt’ isn’t even pretending to be a riddle, it’s just describing exactly what car you need...

-No multiplayer adventure, massive lack of longevity. Yes, adventures really do suck at the moment, but for most people it’s what gives FH games their longevity once you’ve ‘completed’ single player. To not have adventures is ridiculous.

————-

Aside from those points, I think it’s a decent expansion. What criticisms do you have with it?

Edited by user Wednesday, December 19, 2018 3:58:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#505 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:05:14 PM(UTC)
one thing I noticed after getting the expansion, in drift zones you can come to a dead stop and not fail it, or at least it takes a lot longer to fail it. I tested this today on the main land and I was stopped for a good 10 seconds after racking up some points and it didn't fail me, so I just kept going and finished it.
 1 user liked this post.
#506 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:27:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dog8MyGamertag Go to Quoted Post

I find your wanton regard for mutual respect to be very disrespectful to those who just want to come onto these boards to whinge, whine and complain about the game and each other in a manner that descends into name calling and point scoring.... just sayin' ;0)

I insincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. :-)
#507 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:13:44 AM(UTC)
Just wanted to say I really like Fortune Island. Like the night and weather effects, liked the retro feel of treasure hunts (reminded me of the 70's way of life for some reason). Quite short but has added to the overall FH4 experience for me and has made it start to feel more of a full experience. I'm starting to prefer FH4 over FH3 now as a whole. Well done.

I'd love London for the second one. Well anything really that isnt a scalextric track would be nice.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 4:38:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#508 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:19:23 AM(UTC)
I gotta say... I had a blast doing the road races in that Alfa Romeo Vintage Racer. Somehow it made me feel like I was playing Power Drift.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#509 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:57:16 AM(UTC)
I've moaned already, but god damn everything is waaaay too easy.

I just smashed 3* on a drift zone using a grippy B class car with all assists on, and drifting absolutely terribly.

Why is everyone constantly catered towards 7 year old scrubs...
#510 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:14:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
SUMMER Season
Starts at 6:30am Pacific on December 20
This is the opening season of Series 4.

Next change: Thursday, December 27 at 6:30am Pacific

FORTUNE ISLAND

• Championship: ""Headland Rally" | Cliffside Scramble | B700 Classic Muscle | Reward: Wheelspins
  • Championship: "Fortune Teller" | Westwick Festival Circuit | A800 Retro Sports Cars | Reward: Wheelspins
  • Championship: "Ride the Storm" | South Beach Cross Country Circuit | A800 Offroad Buggies | Reward: Wheelspins
  • PR Stunt: Needle Climb Drift Zone | 260,000 points
  • PR Stunt: Skildar Watch Danger Sign | 492 feet
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 4 users liked this post.
#511 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:15:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nemesis464 Go to Quoted Post

I just smashed 3* on a drift zone using a grippy B class car with all assists on, and drifting absolutely terribly.

I was glad that the PR stunts were mostly reasonable to achieve. Personally, I think the star thresholds should be affected by the player's chosen difficulty that way it caters to the inexperienced and relaxed players as well as the experienced and/or the masochists who can only find enjoyment through the pain of challenge. And if I'm not mistaken the leaderboards go entirely by results rather than stars so those who seek validation by comparing themselves to others would be unaffected.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#512 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:35:05 PM(UTC)
I have to say it's annoying to see plenty of players around me on the drift section on the map, but to have none of them actually showing up on my screen. Would be nice to be able to drift with other players
#513 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:29:21 PM(UTC)
Treasure Chest 6: Where and how do I obtain MB Willys Jeep for the riddle?

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:58:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#514 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:36:52 PM(UTC)
In the autoshow (under Willys)
#515 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:38:47 PM(UTC)
i bought it from the Autoshow. if it's not showing up for you, maybe it's unlocked by progress.
#516 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 5:46:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nemesis464 Go to Quoted Post

I was glad that the PR stunts were mostly reasonable to achieve. Personally, I think the star thresholds should be affected by the player's chosen difficulty that way it caters to the inexperienced and relaxed players as well as the experienced and/or the masochists who can only find enjoyment through the pain of challenge. And if I'm not mistaken the leaderboards go entirely by results rather than stars so those who seek validation by comparing themselves to others would be unaffected.

There's a difference between something being a fun challenge that requires a few go's to complete, and something that is either masochistically hard or laughably easy.

Sadly PG have failed miserably to find a good medium between the 2. You can complete the majoirty of them driving awfully with a terrible car on your first try.

They've even dumbed down the AI difficulty from the mainland. I can beat 'unbeatable' with cars that would have struggled against pro or expert before.
#517 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 11:22:57 AM(UTC)
How is Fortune Island the biggest expansion they ever made? I'm pretty certain Hot Wheels was bigger...

That said, it was a good DLC nonetheless. Map of the base game should have been on an island like this.
#518 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:54:13 AM(UTC)
i really wanted to buy the expansion but without ranked team adventure i don't want to. Can we expect that they will add that in future updates?
#519 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 3:27:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Afrohorse1458 Go to Quoted Post
How is Fortune Island the biggest expansion they ever made? I'm pretty certain Hot Wheels was bigger...

That said, it was a good DLC nonetheless. Map of the base game should have been on an island like this.

2.46 GB vs. 7,34 GB, I guess that's how Fortune Island is bigger. But I agree that Hot Wheels felt bigger, and I'm still wondering how Fortune Island is "the most dangerous expansion yet", because it clearly isn't more dangerous than Hot Wheels to me.

I don't think they will ever be able to top the Hot Wheels expansion. Perhaps if they did a vaporwave or cyberpunk expansion, or a desert expansion with sand cars THAT ACUALLY WHEELIES, or a Mars expansion.
#520 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:06:22 PM(UTC)

Quite possible that Hot Wheels was bigger in map area and road length but a lot less was "usable" due to it being, well, basically a giant rollercoaster.
 1 user liked this post.
#521 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 7:17:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post

Quite possible that Hot Wheels was bigger in map area and road length but a lot less was "usable" due to it being, well, basically a giant rollercoaster.

Didn't think of that, dont do much cross country ;)

Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post

2.46 GB vs. 7,34 GB, I guess that's how Fortune Island is bigger. But I agree that Hot Wheels felt bigger, and I'm still wondering how Fortune Island is "the most dangerous expansion yet", because it clearly isn't more dangerous than Hot Wheels to me.

I don't think they will ever be able to top the Hot Wheels expansion. Perhaps if they did a vaporwave or cyberpunk expansion, or a desert expansion with sand cars THAT ACUALLY WHEELIES, or a Mars expansion.

I want Mars!
And agreed, HW is the best
#522 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 3:01:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Taxidriver77 Go to Quoted Post
i really wanted to buy the expansion but without ranked team adventure i don't want to. Can we expect that they will add that in future updates?

I wouldn’t expect Ranked to be added.
#523 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 3:23:55 AM(UTC)
ok, i see...is it at least possible to play with others by coop and versus?

Edited by user Monday, December 24, 2018 3:24:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#524 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 3:33:46 AM(UTC)

Yes, co-op and pvp works just like in main game.
#525 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 4:30:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

Yes, co-op and pvp works just like in main game.

"work" - If you can find someone to join you lol.
22 Pages<<19202122PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error