This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
10 Pages123>>Next
 10 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:40:07 PM(UTC)
Announced during #InsideXbox at #X018, the first FH4 Expansion DLC will be Fortune Island, featuring the longest paved mountain road in Horizon yet.

Reveal video

https://twitter.com/Xbox...tus/1061387405477867521

"Hunt for hidden treasure and explore the largest, most extreme location ever seen in a Horizon game. #ForzaHorizon4 Fortune Island arrives December 13th. #X018 #InsideXbox"

Official Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-e_447DY4U
Announcement: https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh4_fortuneisland

Expansion 1 is included free for Ultimate Edition owners, and is included in the Expansions Bundle and the Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle.

Expansion 1 Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-4-expansion-1/9ntv1k54gvtt
$35 Expansions Bundle: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/forza-horizon-4-expansions-bundle/9p083rdj4cbm
$50 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/forza-horizon-4-ultimate-add-ons-bundle/9p7jj1fkqwxh

Fortune Island
Brian Ekberg
Thursday, December 6, 2018

Quote:
Treasure, adventure, and epic driving action awaits you on Fortune Island, the first expansion for the critically acclaimed open world racing game Forza Horizon 4, developed by Playground Games. Fortune Island launches on December 13 for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC and is included for players who own the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition, Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle, or Expansion Bundle.

Travel to Fortune Island and experience the most treacherous expansion ever seen in the Forza Horizon series. Fortune Island is full of extreme terrain just begging to be explored in the vehicle of your choice. Navigate the sheer cliffside roads of Laufey’s Throne at speeds that are only limited by your courage. Get slideways through a massive drift zone on the Needle Climb – the largest paved mountain switchback road in Forza Horizon history. From the forests of Oldlarch Forest to the mysterious sunken village of Fenholm, Fortune Island rewards the curious and the brave alike.

While the terrain of the island is dangerous enough – and ideal for the dozens of events Cross Country, Asphalt Races, Drift Zones, and more that you’ll encounter – the weather is just as perilous. Moody, atmospheric storms, driving wind, lightning strikes, and the beauty of the Aurora Borealis all await as you chart a new location for the Horizon Festival.

You’ll find new challenges and new events to take part in around practically corner. The “fortune” in Fortune Island is a very real thing. As soon as you arrive on the island, you’ll be immersed in a quest to search down treasure chests scattered across the expanse of the island. Solve the riddles and locate the treasure chests to add millions of credits to your bank account, as well as some amazing new vehicles.

Along the way you’ll take part in dozens of new events, including the brand-new Trailblazer PR Stunts, where your goal will be to find the quickest route between two points. With huge elevation changes, and tricky terrain at every turn, Trailblazer events are a test of route planning, split-second reactions, and driving skill all at once. In addition, players can live a new Horizon Story: Drift Club 2.0.

The epic driving experiences of Fortune Island demand a lineup of amazing vehicles to add to your Forza Horizon 4 garage. From the latest iteration of Lamborghini’s Urus SUV to rough-and-ready rides like the Funco Motorsports F9 or the Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept, there’s no shortage of vehicular awesomeness to choose from. Here’s a look at all ten vehicles coming to the expansion:

2019 Lamborghini Urus
2018 BMW M5
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept.
2002 Koenigsegg CC8S
2018 Exomotive Exocet Off-Road
2012 Lamborghini Aventador J
2010 Saleen S5S Raptor
1953 Morris Minor Series II Traveler
2018 Funco Motorsports F9
2015 Hoonigan GYMKHANA 8 Ford Fiesta ST RX43

Edited by user Thursday, December 6, 2018 6:54:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:40:58 PM(UTC)
Woah, it looked magnificent!
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:43:59 PM(UTC)
I hope that both ends of that road are connected so that can be turned into a multi lap race..... please make it so if its not already!
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:46:47 PM(UTC)
awesome
 10 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:47:55 PM(UTC)
I expect it will be chock full of particularly irritating Drift and Speed Zones.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:49:34 PM(UTC)
Nice, cant wait
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:51:05 PM(UTC)
I like that Urus
Photographer, Painter, Tuner, Racer and Rally Fanatic. Maybe bring back Group B?
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:52:44 PM(UTC)
Looks like a lot of fun. I'm guessing they're trying to push the envelope with terrain: higher, rougher, more varied. I'm also guessing (and hoping) that, while I love the seasons, this won't be tied to them.
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:54:28 PM(UTC)
Those who have been asking for mountain roads, they finally got their wish. And they even look pretty narrow too!
I believe I also spotted a couple of sweet rally trails. I don't regret buying the UE this time around, given that I get to play this without additional cost.
 8 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:59:38 PM(UTC)
Fujimi Kaido reborn !

Edited by user Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:00:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:02:36 PM(UTC)
This is gonna be good for the drifters and pretty bad for people who enjoy open roads...

Where is this island supposed to be IRL? "Fortune Island" returns me a location in the Phillippines... But obviously that won't be the case judging by previous expansions.

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2018 1:58:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:04:03 PM(UTC)
Shame they couldn't have kept with the British theme for cover cars; parhaps the new range rover sport SVR?

Otherwise, looks good.
I like fiestas
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:09:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
This is gonna be good for the drifters and pretty bad for people who enjoy open roads...

Where is this island supposed to be IRL? "Fortune Island" returns me a location in the Phillippines... But obviously that won't be the case judging by previous expansions.

It would have to be northwards from the UK for the Aurora Borealis to be so visable. Parhaps around Iceland or Greenland.

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2018 1:59:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I like fiestas
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:15:24 PM(UTC)
we occasionally get it up north in the UK...

one big question i have now is, when will the garage limit get increased? A handful of new cars in the Expansion (i'm guessing) and now a couple of new Hoonigan cars from the Car Pass... how long before we end up hitting the Garage Limit?
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:20:49 PM(UTC)
So hyped!
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:21:35 PM(UTC)
Looks pretty cool. I'm more of an open road race fan to drifting but i can see it'll be pretty fun to drive. Looks like a fictional take on the islands at the top of Scotland.

I just hope there's a decent story/purpose/progression system, unlike FH4 which is very disappointing on that front.

Edited by user Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:22:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:21:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SDLRob Go to Quoted Post

one big question i have now is, when will the garage limit get increased? A handful of new cars in the Expansion (i'm guessing) and now a couple of new Hoonigan cars from the Car Pass... how long before we end up hitting the Garage Limit?

Yes, I did realise that we got the Aurora Borealis here in the UK (mostly Scotland) but I felt that it could be discarded as an option due to the intensity shown. Having said that, I have never been up north to see the Northern lights myself so probably shouldn't comment.

Regarding garage limit, I didn't realise that such a thing existed, what is this limit set to?

Edited by user Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:23:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I like fiestas
 4 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:27:44 PM(UTC)
Shame that the paved switchbacks we’ve been asking for years are locked behind a paywall... who could’ve seen that one coming.

I’m so hyped, but all my hype is for nothing if they don’t fix the multiplayer. That’s what gives the game longevity for me
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:29:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomS675 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SDLRob Go to Quoted Post

Yes, I did realise that we got the Aurora Borealis here in the UK (mostly Scotland) but I felt that it could be discarded as an option due to the intensity shown. Having said that, I have never been up north to see the Northern lights myself so probably shouldn't comment.

Regarding garage limit, I didn't realise that such a thing existed, what is this limit set to?

550 is current garage limit.

That looks really good, almost that good that almost feel bad that im not gonna buy that.
 4 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:30:54 PM(UTC)
Yeah, I can get behind this setting. Then again to be honest all they have to do to please us is just not do Hot Wheels
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:34:42 PM(UTC)
It's a pity they've moved away from the U.K. theme. Would've been interesting to drive round the capital city of London or Blackpool and the sandy beaches at Southport.
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:40:09 PM(UTC)
Glad to finally see the production Urus in the game. What a great car and hopefully the other cars are just as great.
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:57:24 PM(UTC)
Looked like a viking ship, northern norway?
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 4:22:03 PM(UTC)
Damn, that road looks like the Transfăgărășan in Romania! So is this going to be another separate map? I was hoping they would just expand the map North. How do you have bridges there teasing us and not use it?
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 4:39:33 PM(UTC)

looks interesting. hopefully as good as blizzard mountain. wasnt a fan of the hot wheels expansion

too much to hope that the proper solo online championship returns or at least no collision racing to avoid the griefers??????????????
10 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error