This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:29:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
I went into a C hopper and it was great. They tried to wreck me but I had shields up. Came in first twice in a row which never happens. The second time I was 1500 ft clear of 2nd place in pretty full lobby. I would rather be jostled than sent spinning into nowhere. It's a step. What class did you go into?

Now get into lobby with kid in mercedes benz truck or any heavy car and you will "love" this new assist mode
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:27:56 PM(UTC)
I didn't notice any arcade like feel - I felt the overall was much better than before concerning collisions. What I have experienced so far has been positive.

There is not a way to keep the game real and keep it fair when your actual lives and actual money aren't at stake. Even when that is the case, there is still that outlandish circumstance that presents itself on occasion.

I'm not a fan of vote to kick - I say you just leave the lobby if you are upset. If you want good clean racing with like minded individuals get on a forum and find a league or race with friends - otherwise just like in real life you will be going out in public and racing with all sorts of people and skill-sets (think of it as an HPDE haha) and sometimes.. well they don't just don't care and this leads to all sorts of outcomes. Sometimes for me - avoiding these in game is part of the challenge of the race. Sometimes it is annoying and I leave.

If you get used as a bumper once and it upsets you - just be sure to not let it happen again - take note of who did it and if they do it over and over again plan accordingly. Sometimes people just misjudge and don't have an easy way to say sorry - sometimes they just plain-out mess-up or are terrible but want to race with others. Stay away from the wreckers and set epic lap times :) If you want serious racing league up :)

Side bar - I really want to see a damage "slider" from 0 to 100% - where 0 is cosmetic and 100% is 50% higher than it is now. Hitting a stationary wall at 135mph should really break everything and generate a mandatory simulated tow to pits :) - This way those guys that are really fast and get crazy lap times in a race, but are hitting walls like crazy along the way will be forced to drive as slow and careful as me :) (i'm not sure if forza does this but the more damage you get the longer the pitstop and you should be able to check box the items you want fixed)

cheers

#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:45:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneSlowZZ Go to Quoted Post
I didn't notice any arcade like feel - I felt the overall was much better than before concerning collisions. What I have experienced so far has been positive.

There is not a way to keep the game real and keep it fair when your actual lives and actual money aren't at stake. Even when that is the case, there is still that outlandish circumstance that presents itself on occasion.

I'm not a fan of vote to kick - I say you just leave the lobby if you are upset. If you want good clean racing with like minded individuals get on a forum and find a league or race with friends - otherwise just like in real life you will be going out in public and racing with all sorts of people and skill-sets (think of it as an HPDE haha) and sometimes.. well they don't just don't care and this leads to all sorts of outcomes. Sometimes for me - avoiding these in game is part of the challenge of the race. Sometimes it is annoying and I leave.

If you get used as a bumper once and it upsets you - just be sure to not let it happen again - take note of who did it and if they do it over and over again plan accordingly. Sometimes people just misjudge and don't have an easy way to say sorry - sometimes they just plain-out mess-up or are terrible but want to race with others. Stay away from the wreckers and set epic lap times :) If you want serious racing league up :)

Side bar - I really want to see a damage "slider" from 0 to 100% - where 0 is cosmetic and 100% is 50% higher than it is now. Hitting a stationary wall at 135mph should really break everything and generate a mandatory simulated tow to pits :) - This way those guys that are really fast and get crazy lap times in a race, but are hitting walls like crazy along the way will be forced to drive as slow and careful as me :) (i'm not sure if forza does this but the more damage you get the longer the pitstop and you should be able to check box the items you want fixed)

cheers

I don't know what to tell you. I am one of those guys that gets crazy lap times and gaps the field by thousands of feet against the average racer. If I start at the front, I generally stay there or have a fantastic battle with some of the other well established community racers. I'm not trying to brag, just trying to tell you I know exactly what I'm doing, Been racing in games for at least 25 years.

This applies to my experience in S and now P class and I understand every lobby is different. The issue is getting through the field now is an absolute nightmare. (This generally happens entering a new lobby) Several times today I made clean moves that would have been completed easy in the past, now I just get grinded off the track. People also seem to be deliberately using my car as a brake or wall now that they can get away with it with zero risk of ruining there own race. I can brush off rammers 90% of the time and for all they are a plague on public lobbies, I feel they are less of a priority now. That said this update also plays into there hands. The rammed and the rammer can both recover faster.

The problem is, you give people an easy option with little risk or concequence they will take it. That is exactly what this update has done.

Vote to kick is a fantastic option and good racers should not have to leave a lobby for one individual trying to ruin safe and clean drivers fun. Leaving a lobby for a rammerplays right into there hands, they want to wreck a lobby, they want you to rage quit. These are successes for these individuals. Giving a rammer no concequence at all of being removed will only entice people to follow in there footsteps.

Forza Motorsport pit stops are a standard length no matter the damage although a little buggy. I have entered the pits in community events with no damage at all and left the pits behind. I understand what you're saying for the sake of realism but at the same time the time penalty suffered for having to pit has already cost you a race, especially at competitive level.

I would however love to see fuel management, increased tyre wear. I had a race in a community event a few months back. V8 Supercars, drag tyres which wear out real fast around Homestead oval. Some people could manage the tyres to 20 laps, others could only manage 6 laps. This new dynamic to the race was fantastic. Add fuel management to that you could see something the game doesn't currently offer. The problem is most public lobbies are only a few laps and you would have to rework the entire multiplayer system to fit it, kind of like changing the sim damage model. A lot of work for something most dont experience at all due to there assists or gameplay choices.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:15:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:03:43 PM(UTC)
I personally have spent the past couple of weeks racing in the Forza GT Endurance hopper exclusively and have found the racing to be mostly clean with minimal wreckers. This update has definitely helped with the usual turn one madness that unfolds and allows minor mistakes to not totally take both parties out. Truth be told, T10 seemed to have underestimated the determination some people have in ruining others experience and for this physics change to truly have the impact that was looked for this change is going to require the race regs. If there isn't a firm and consistent way of removing and keeping away griefers then this is only a band-aid on a gaping wound. The mere fact that these type of players haven't been addressed in earlier iterations of Forza Motorsport is honestly why we are here now. I honestly don't care who the blame lies with because it doesn't help with the fact that the premier racing franchise on the xbox is a toxic environment in the one area most choose to enjoy.

Everything posted so far is the perfect example of the lack of "Motorsport" this franchise has been steadily moving away from. Ford Raptors, Rolls Royces, and whatever other nonsense T10 has been implementing to increase the car count. I understand that helps sell the game but to be honest all that nonsense should be removed from this series. While I understand that they are working towards shifting the narrative to a more Motorsport themed game it's requiring more patience than most are willing to give it. Myself included. I'm just fortunate enough to have other games I can enjoy while the devs work on this game. If the race regulations are anything like GT Sport or iRacing or any racing game that takes the initiative to promote a clean online racing environment I am more than willing to continue playing this game online. And I'm not going to sit up here and pretend I won't be purchasing FM8. I just hope it's truly a Motorsport game and not a car game.
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:05:06 AM(UTC)
T10
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:04:46 AM(UTC)
The new collision assist feature is definitely not perfect but a step in the right direction IF it is combined with some sort of penalty system. On it's own it could work only in private lobbies where there is some respect between players.

When trying it out online yesterday I found myself being pushed around through turns at times without any negative effect on the other guy's car or race line. It's like I wasn't there and that ruined my race.

I wanted some energy absorption from bumps and crashes because I always thought of the Forza 7 collision physics like bumping bowling pins, where even a tiny tap could send you flying off track but I think it needs some tweaking. I think it's a bit too much at times.

All in all it's good to see the dev team not giving up on the game.

Ps. Some, including me, have watched the new "under development" FRR system in action. I just hope that when it's out we won't get an 8 second penalty just for trading paint with some other car as it was shown on the video....!!
 4 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 3:26:54 AM(UTC)
When people try to race in a sportmanlike manner, these physics help a lot in preventing minor taps from becoming race-ending incidents.

I've raced for 2 evenings now, one in the S-Class Hopper and another in the Pinnacle Simulation League. In both the racing was great, hard but fair.

I noticed about 20-30 incidents that would have been race ending with the old physics (things like a tap of a rear bumper when a car is at the edge of grip through a corner), yet things carried on and battles lasted longer. This is great.

These new physics were never going to solve the fundamental problem of people not knowing how or being willing to race in a respectful manner, but overall I do see them as a benefit and when I host club sessions I'll be forcing Collision Assist on for everybody.
 3 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 4:59:18 AM(UTC)
Few things I'll say about the collisions.

Overall they're much more realistic when the assist is off. Cars feel like they have more weight. Remember, a lot of the time there's over 3,000 pounds of metal scraping another car which is 3,000 pounds as well. The collision system has especially helped in open wheel cars and extremely fast cars like LMP & F1. You can actually now scrape tires which in Formula 1 happens a lot. For tandem drifters it's now easier to scrape and bump doors and fenders which makes the world of difference. Force actually dissipates correctly now.

In multiplayer is where the biggest improvement is made. There's no difference between collisions in multiplayer & single player which is how it should be.

For people saying there's more collisions now, well yes, obviously there are. That's because unlike before, you can have a variety of non fatal collisions. Before almost any tap spun you around. The reason there feels like there's more collisions is because you simply couldn't have more collisions in the old system because you'd be spun round given any kind of contact.

What would you rather? More bumps, grinds, scrapes & taps or every touch to be race ending like it used to and not be anywhere like the collision system in single player? I know what I'd prefer.

Also bear in mind that when race regulations come, that should clear up things more once again.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:01:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:21:07 AM(UTC)
PURE DISAPPOINTEMENT. WHAT ARE YOU DOING T10 ??? DO YOU WANT KILL FM7 ??? CONTINUE LIKE THAT IT IS THE GOOD WAY.

WHERE IS RACE REGULATION SYSTEM ??? WHERE IS BETTER USER'S INTERFACE ???? IT IS THIS TWO POINT THE GAME NEED A REAL CHANGE.

I'm a player of FM since FM2 (and it have a penalty system but removed since FM3 ... ) but now it's clear, I will never buy another FM or FH (FH4 is bad for me), I know there will no have FM8 for 2019 and it's okay, I don't want to see a new FM ! Sincerely ... what are you doing ???? what are you thinking ??? Why you made this to this game ??? Why you don't listen your community ? Very disappointed.
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:01:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nykraft Go to Quoted Post
PURE DISAPPOINTEMENT. WHAT ARE YOU DOING T10 ??? DO YOU WANT KILL FM7 ??? CONTINUE LIKE THAT IT IS THE GOOD WAY.

WHERE IS RACE REGULATION SYSTEM ??? WHERE IS BETTER USER'S INTERFACE ???? IT IS THIS TWO POINT THE GAME NEED A REAL CHANGE.

I'm a player of FM since FM2 (and it have a penalty system but removed since FM3 ... ) but now it's clear, I will never buy another FM or FH (FH4 is bad for me), I know there will no have FM8 for 2019 and it's okay, I don't want to see a new FM ! Sincerely ... what are you doing ???? what are you thinking ??? Why you made this to this game ??? Why you don't listen your community ? Very disappointed.

Please for the love of God say this is satire?

The UI in Forza games I think is outstanding though nothing can top the wonderful concept UI that Forza 6 was leaked to have. I wish they used that.
#36 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:16:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
[...] the wonderful concept UI that Forza 6 was leaked to have. I wish they used that.

Context:

https://forums.forzamoto...arly-Concept-Shots.aspx
#37 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:29:15 AM(UTC)
This update pretty much ruined this game. The new collision assist will just make people use eachother as brakes and it will involve less clean racing.
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:39:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HARD BUT FAlR Go to Quoted Post
This update pretty much ruined this game.

U serious?......

The new collision assist will just make people use eachother as brakes

That is true only for crashers and noobs, as always, and only until the race regs bring penalties in 2 months.

and it will involve less clean racing.

That's not true since with the new collision physics you won't fly away like your car had the same weight of a beach ball. I got hit a couple of times from behind, and even if it's annoying, I didn't end up 10 meters away hitting the tire walls...which before this update made me waste a lot of time and a lot of positions. And again...two more months until race regs will put an end to dirty racing.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:51:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:05:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
This update pretty much ruined this game.

U serious?......

The new collision assist will just make people use eachother as brakes

That is true only for crashers and noobs, as always, and only until the race regs bring penalties in 2 months.

and it will involve less clean racing.

That's not true since with the new collision physics you won't fly away like your car had the same weight of a beach ball. I got hit a couple of times from behind, and even if it's annoying, I didn't end up 10 meters away hitting the tire walls...which before this update made me waste a lot of time and a lot of positions. And again...two more months until race regs will put an end to dirty racing.

You seriously believe race regulations will deter anyone? Finishing last place doesn't matter to people. They aren't there to race.

And if you think this collision assist is good, you are delusional. It has made everyone far more aggressive since bumping does nothing. Its made racing clunky in not fluid at all.

Anyone making up 10 seconds because they were bumped on the first turn is worth a more fluid experience. FM7 has ruined sim racing. they have made this game exactly like horizon. I can race just like i do there, which is bumpnig into people and using them as break pads, and it has zero affect what so ever.

"Creashers and noobs" dont matter if T10 ruins this games physics.

And clearly, you haven't been in a sim hopper. A slight bump on the road totals your car. Yet a player smashing into you to as a brake for the corner does nothing.
#40 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:09:29 AM(UTC)
I've played with this update for 2 days and I already hate it.

i understand that rammers are an issue. BUT

1. i race in the Endurance hopper and bumps destroy your car. 1 mistake and you hit a small bump, you're done.

2. i've notice considerable clunkiness. racing doesn't feel fluid

3. people are starting to race like horizon. since collisions don't do much, i've had multiple people fly into a corner and use other people as "guard rails" to pass them and fly by.

fluid racing is worth rammer hassle. Collision assist has ruined the sim aspect of FM7 to please casuals who don't play it everyday.
 3 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:42:05 AM(UTC)
If you think I'm delusional I'm really sorry for you. Cause after 9 years of Forza Crashfest I'm finally able to enjoy a race.
#42 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:50:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
If you think I'm delusional I'm really sorry for you. Cause after 9 years of Forza Crashfest I'm finally able to enjoy a race.

Your enjoyment is completely made up. Its inorganic racing. Is it tighter racing because can show off their "true potential" or is it tight racing because bumping and being aggressive has zero consequences?
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:27:38 AM(UTC)
Collision assist while to me its not a huge difference, it is noticeable. I like it, the AI has not spun me out like they usually did and if I make a mistake and plow into another car we stay on track for the most part.
 2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:48:08 AM(UTC)
All your new experiences prove that no matter what attempted improvements are made, certain groups of people will continue to find ways to ruin racing for the majority. It truly is sad.
#45 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 11:32:10 AM(UTC)
Had to come see this for myself. T10 introduces collision assists....what a day. I can just picture the X lobbies now. Hey but no more loot boxes and more hot wheels! This game is so far stretched from the "Motorsports" name its held for 13 some years it should be a crime.

Dupezz, don't know how ya still do it.
#46 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:08:49 PM(UTC)
Alright beetesjuice been been a while m8 I thought it was being pushed in the right direction as you know we always police the lobby’s ourselves and the first corner mess has always been a problem but that’ll be in every race game no matter what they try.
it’s totally ruined x class now there’s more people that are over confident and wrecking every race waiting for ppl to come back round to do a rolling road block
At least remove for x and p class not tried it in anything lower than that and it might work for but definitely not x or p
#47 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:47:51 PM(UTC)
Or if it’s here to stay just apply for the first 30 seconds of race
 6 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 3:53:30 PM(UTC)
This update pretty much ruined this game. The new collision assist will just make people use eachother as brakes and it will involve less clean racing.

I must say, I enjoyed your appearance in one of Super GT’s recent videos. Didn’t look like you were going to take being lapped without a fight.... until you died in the tyre wall.
#49 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 5:21:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nykraft Go to Quoted Post

Please for the love of God say this is satire?

The UI in Forza games I think is outstanding though nothing can top the wonderful concept UI that Forza 6 was leaked to have. I wish they used that.

I don't talk about HUD in game but interface (when you choose you car, you're lobby multiplayer, all the mode game like rival or free race etc etc ... in FM4 it was so much better. Choose a car between two race in MP is a purge today in FM7 ... etc etc
#50 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 8:35:38 AM(UTC)
Well I noticed that a I was taking a lot of hits and it did not seem to upset the car so I turned off the assist. First race punted into a spin by AI Drivatar. on first corner. Hmm well I will leave it off cause if I am not getting punted off or spun by the AI I must be doing something right. Right?
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error