This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:41:18 PM(UTC)
Collision assist is a godsend. Like night and day. This is how it always should have been. Thank you, Turn 10 my frustration level has dropped. Keep working on those FRR. I'm not being sent spinning down the track anymore. No cars all over the track spinning. So much better.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:55:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:58:44 PM(UTC)
Loving it new collision model, even without the assist. Had a good race down in 8th position (I'm a bit rubbish) and the accidental touches (given and received) didn't end in a catastrophic result. Just little nudges and we carried on.

Good job!
 4 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:22:52 PM(UTC)
Initial thoughts about this were great until I saw this in action but I now think the lobbies are even worse.

Now granted after getting no braked on a few occasions I got away worry free so this goes some way to help the rammer issues but it comes with another problem.

Now with collisions being not as catastrophic as they were before people just grind and push everywhere like this is a full on arcade racer. Reminds me of Need for Speed Paybacks multiplayer. People can also use your car easily as a brake or barrier to make a turn. With little concequences for grinding somebody off track its become a free for all, you don't need to worry as much about taking yourself out if you choose to take this path.

Today was a day I was very excited for but ended in disappointment to the point I doubt I'll be back in public lobbies in its current state.

Honestly I feel the overall experience was better before but I applaud the attempts as this really looked fantastic on paper.

Race adjudication through penalties for collisions and cutting with the addition of ghosting backmarkers are still what I feel the game needs. Not this, this needs removed.

At least I have community racing and time attack to fall back on to keep me playing but training on my race craft has just become that little more difficult.

Turn 10, you said you wanted this game to feel true it's Motorsport name, today the game made 1 more step away from that.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:30:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:53:12 PM(UTC)
I went into a C hopper and it was great. They tried to wreck me but I had shields up. Came in first twice in a row which never happens. The second time I was 1500 ft clear of 2nd place in pretty full lobby. I would rather be jostled than sent spinning into nowhere. It's a step. What class did you go into?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:59:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:58:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
I went into a C hopper and it was great. They tried to wreck me but I had shields up. I would rather be jostled than sent spinning into nowhere. It's a step. What class did you go into?

Head into S and see if you feel the same way. I found B and C lobbies were great overall due to people being able to handle the cars before the update. These were my lobbies of choice for picking bad cars and seeing how well I could do.

Now this update definitely helps with getting rammed but especially in the faster lobbies, the small amount of race craft thay was present has entirely disappeared.

If you love the changes more power to you but for me personally it's taken a lot of enjoyment away from the game. Even if I choose to have this assist off, anybody who touches me with it on it effects both cars like it's on. Its an illusion of choice.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:03:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:02:08 PM(UTC)
I was gonna work my way up through the classes day by day but I can see S and above still being pretty bad.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:05:35 PM(UTC)
Maybe I'll head into the lower lobbies tomorrow and see how I feel. Right now I'm at breaking point with public multiplayer.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:19:02 PM(UTC)
I agree B class and below are great but I just finished A class hopper and there was someone in there wrecking with a Ford Raptor intentionally ruining races.
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:20:05 PM(UTC)
I tried S and R and agree there's now a lot more contact. I'm not sure how I feel tbh. I wanted race regs not this rubbish.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:49:05 PM(UTC)
I've played Forza since the original, and loved it up until today. Thanks collision assist.
I hated the forza Horizon's for that exact reason.

Since Forza 3 I've been a die-hard tag player, and now that they introduced Collision assist people are just hiding in the containers and then their friend willblock the entrance to them so they can't get tagged skill doesnt matter as long as you have a friend in the lobby, and like OP said, it doesn't matter if collision assist is on or not

I played Forza Motorsport for the realism, vehicle customization and tuning, whether or not you could get spun out by the person behind or even punted and ragdolled, it's what separated Forza from the rest of the generic racing games.

With this feature the game is just another horizon, guess its off to gtaV for me 😠😓

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:58:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 9:04:24 PM(UTC)
Agree, the new collision effects feels unrealistic and unnatural....

But on the plus side it did encourage more close racing~

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 9:57:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:35:41 AM(UTC)
Please remove this as it’s totally ruined p and x class lobbies people just using you as a brake or to get round corners it’s just making it easier for them
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:49:52 AM(UTC)
Guys, you play this game in lobbies without damage. Did you really expect people to avoid rubbing when collisions affect you less? lol

It's my understanding that the new collision physics will need to be joined by more aggressive damage parameters as well as the Race Regulations in order to accomplish their intended goal in sim lobbies. But, if you race on class hoppers, which let you field ridiculously skewed builds and don't feature damage nor tire degradation, with all due respect, you're already playing a form of Forza Horizon.

The only thing setting these lobbies apart from Horizon lobbies are the better physics and the race tracks. The "cade" in Forza Motorsport's "simcade" is represented by OP upgrades and lobby rules heavily geared towards casual racing.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:53:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:18:49 AM(UTC)
It won't stop the rammers. Softening the blow will only make them try harder.
 13 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:07:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dupezz Go to Quoted Post
Please remove this as it’s totally ruined p and x class lobbies people just using you as a brake or to get round corners it’s just making it easier for them

i turned it off on my end, and now i'm like a god,

when i hit someone they wreck, yet i dont when they hit me..

(no i havent done this, but this is exactly what the guys who do this, will be thinking.)

its easy to fix the wrecking problem..
if you make contact, you go ghost instantly, and you cant accelerate for 5 or so seconds.

and turn 10, think maybe you should run some of thee "fix's" to people who play the game all the time, and not just casual gamers..

everything seems to be changed to cater for the casual gamer, the dumbing down of the handling, friction assist, tuning being simplified, that its hard to even feel the effect of tuning on some cars, when its the serious gamers, who play the game, get all the car packs, spend hours tuning, painting, or setting up race series, in countless face book groups.

i cant work, due to medical issues, so i play forza.
i play a lot, i like tuning, and i drive and tune pretty much everything..
i started playing backin forza 2..
forza 6 time played 311 days... forza 7 time played so far, 195 days.. (pretty sure i'm in the top 10 of hours played)
people like me are the people who buy every game released,
but i dont think i will be getting the next forza.
its clear you dont really care about the people play all the time..

take this as an example..
i joined the marshal program, and because i was pretty much the only person who raced in X class, i took the job seriously.
X class has 2 types of wreckers
the level 5 and under, "i just got a indy car, so i'm racing it, and if i lose ill just wreck everyone" you get about 5 of these people join, every 3 or 4 races. they stay for about 3 races before they leave, casing as much damage as they can doing so.
2nd wrecker is the one every class gets, the "im not good at driving, so i wreck people, because i really want to be good at something" type of racer.
after telling the program that i can not save and upload every replay, as i have australian internet, and uploading to a computer forum can take 45 mins, for a 3 min clip, no one raised any issue with my problem, and i just kept on doing my best, in cleaning up a class has the highest amount of wrecking..
so, i started to make a difference.. it was getting better..

then i got a email from a Bot, not a person, a bot, saying i was removed from the program,

no reason why, and told if i discuss this with anyone, i would get a lifetime ban,,

i never abused my powers, and i raced every day, trying to help improve a game that i loved.
removed from the group, for cleaning up online racing, as over 50% of the people in the group, didnt even race in public lobbies..

after some asking around, i found out that i had been removed, because i didn't save every replay of the people i kicked, and upload to discord.
so in 5 races, there was about 7 or so people joining just to wreck. sometimes more, sometimes less..
so thats 7 replays i would have to upload..
with one upload taking 20 mins
(longer than that, i have 0.82mb upload speed) it would take me over 2 hours to upload, and while doing this, i couldnt do anything else on the internet.
so every hour i would get to play, id be spending double uploading, replays, showing the people i removed.
i thought that, after the amount of time i've spent on forza, that it was pretty clear, that i would do anything to help improve the game.

So,by even bringing this up, i will get banned from playing.
but, it doesnt really matter anymore.

there are so many people who play this game everyday, they dont cry on the forums about how the car sounds wrong, or have issues with some pointless cosmetic outfit.
they play the game to tune, or paint, because they love doing it.
we spend stupid amounts of time playing the game, because we love it.
we would do anything to help improve the game, not for money, but because we love this game..
i was thrown away like i was trash, and to be honest, i was pretty crushed, i didnt race for about a month after that. dont bother sharing tunes anymore,
every hardcore player i know, are losing confidence in the game, and starting to face the fact that this might be the end, of something we love..
so, someone at turn 10 make a gamer profile, and friend as many forza players as you can, soon enough you will find those people who play the game, time played, that could be classed as addiction, as ask them, what they think should be done, or changed.. they are the ones who will be able to show you's, how to make forza what i can be, and it could be so much more than what it has become..
thats all i got to say,

guess i'm Dead tank walking,
i'm going to try find a lobby, and get a few races in, while i'm waiting for my ban..
bye.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:35:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tank000001 Go to Quoted Post
after some asking around, i found out that i had been removed, because i didn't save every replay of the people i kicked, and upload to discord.
so in 5 races, there was about 7 or so people joining just to wreck. sometimes more, sometimes less..
(longer than that, i have 0.82mb upload speed) it would take me over 2 hours to upload, and while doing this, i couldnt do anything else on the internet.
so every hour i would get to play, id be spending double uploading, replays, showing the people i removed.
i thought that, after the amount of time i've spent on forza, that it was pretty clear, that i would do anything to help improve the game.

It's a shame, but I think the only way to handle that situation is to only kick people if you're going to upload a replay to support it. So you'd just have to accept that you can't kick everyone who should be kicked. I don't understand why it all had to be so secretive, though, they could have just asked you to change how you operate.
 2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:18:14 AM(UTC)
@tank000001

Thank you for your service. And for that post!

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:18:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:39:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tank000001 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: dupezz Go to Quoted Post

i turned it off on my end, and now i'm like a god,

when i hit someone they wreck, yet i dont when they hit me..

(no i havent done this, but this is exactly what the guys who do this, will be thinking.)

its easy to fix the wrecking problem..
if you make contact, you go ghost instantly, and you cant accelerate for 5 or so seconds.

and turn 10, think maybe you should run some of thee "fix's" to people who play the game all the time, and not just casual gamers..

everything seems to be changed to cater for the casual gamer, the dumbing down of the handling, friction assist, tuning being simplified, that its hard to even feel the effect of tuning on some cars, when its the serious gamers, who play the game, get all the car packs, spend hours tuning, painting, or setting up race series, in countless face book groups.

i cant work, due to medical issues, so i play forza.
i play a lot, i like tuning, and i drive and tune pretty much everything..
i started playing backin forza 2..
forza 6 time played 311 days... forza 7 time played so far, 195 days.. (pretty sure i'm in the top 10 of hours played)
people like me are the people who buy every game released,
but i dont think i will be getting the next forza.
its clear you dont really care about the people play all the time..

take this as an example..
i joined the marshal program, and because i was pretty much the only person who raced in X class, i took the job seriously.
X class has 2 types of wreckers
the level 5 and under, "i just got a indy car, so i'm racing it, and if i lose ill just wreck everyone" you get about 5 of these people join, every 3 or 4 races. they stay for about 3 races before they leave, casing as much damage as they can doing so.
2nd wrecker is the one every class gets, the "im not good at driving, so i wreck people, because i really want to be good at something" type of racer.
after telling the program that i can not save and upload every replay, as i have australian internet, and uploading to a computer forum can take 45 mins, for a 3 min clip, no one raised any issue with my problem, and i just kept on doing my best, in cleaning up a class has the highest amount of wrecking..
so, i started to make a difference.. it was getting better..

then i got a email from a Bot, not a person, a bot, saying i was removed from the program,

no reason why, and told if i discuss this with anyone, i would get a lifetime ban,,

i never abused my powers, and i raced every day, trying to help improve a game that i loved.
removed from the group, for cleaning up online racing, as over 50% of the people in the group, didnt even race in public lobbies..

So,by even bringing this up, i will get banned from playing.
but, it doesnt really matter anymore.

there are so many people who play this game everyday, they dont cry on the forums about how the car sounds wrong, or have issues with some pointless cosmetic outfit.
they play the game to tune, or paint, because they love doing it.
we spend stupid amounts of time playing the game, because we love it.
we would do anything to help improve the game, not for money, but because we love this game..
i was thrown away like i was trash, and to be honest, i was pretty crushed, i didnt race for about a month after that. dont bother sharing tunes anymore,
every hardcore player i know, are losing confidence in the game, and starting to face the fact that this might be the end, of something we love..
so, someone at turn 10 make a gamer profile, and friend as many forza players as you can, soon enough you will find those people who play the game, time played, that could be classed as addiction, as ask them, what they think should be done, or changed.. they are the ones who will be able to show you's, how to make forza what i can be, and it could be so much more than what it has become..
thats all i got to say,

guess i'm Dead tank walking,
i'm going to try find a lobby, and get a few races in, while i'm waiting for my ban..
bye.

This is a major issue, i hope you take it up to the higher ups in Turn10.

On the plus side, you can compress your recorded video files via a software named handbrake.
Link: https://handbrake.fr/

#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:55:06 AM(UTC)
tank mate you should be reinstated it was a much better environment when you were about and totally agree with everything you said
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 7:18:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Guys, you play this game in lobbies without damage. Did you really expect people to avoid rubbing when collisions affect you less? lol

It's my understanding that the new collision physics will need to be joined by more aggressive damage parameters as well as the Race Regulations in order to accomplish their intended goal in sim lobbies. But, if you race on class hoppers, which let you field ridiculously skewed builds and don't feature damage nor tire degradation, with all due respect, you're already playing a form of Forza Horizon.

The only thing setting these lobbies apart from Horizon lobbies are the better physics and the race tracks. The "cade" in Forza Motorsport's "simcade" is represented by OP upgrades and lobby rules heavily geared towards casual racing.

Forza multiplayer was founded upon racing cars of ridiculously skewed builds, (Forza 2 you could run Nissan Altima in A class and be competitive with a Corvette.) Which is why you have car classes,

that is what set Forza apart from all of the other games.
If you want to race cars of an extremely similar build then with all due respect, just play Gran Turismo.

The problem with this new collision system is that it can be exploited even in Sim lobbies under heavy regulations, all it takes is having a friend in the lobby, to block for you.

The easiest way to get rid of rammers and blockers, was to bring back the old vote to kick system rather then mess with the game physics and ruin the realism. Back in the day when you put somebody up to be kicked it would publicly show their name in the lobby and show who voted to kick them. The lobbies used to self regulate themselves very well this way.

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 9:23:03 AM(UTC)
So after playing a bit it seems to me we took 2 steps forward and one step back. The 2 steps forward is the new collision physics themselves. I absolutely love the fact you don’t launch into oblivion and bounce around every time someone simply touches you.

On the other hand, this new collision assist is a step in the wrong direction. It’s way too conservative and unnatural for this game and the assist [not the new physics] should be removed once regulations come into play. (<- I surely hope this is T10’s plan). The game would be better if everybody had the assist off, but nobody is going to do that if they can ram somebody to help their car stop or turn.

I also agree that the “vote to kick” needs to be more useful, it’s a shame that it’s pretty much impossible to kick someone from a lobby. The flip side is that this was abused in FM4 when it was easy to kick, I remember I got kicked a few times for using a car with 20 pp less than everyone else in a hopper numerous times. That’s absolutely uncalled for.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:08:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 9:55:20 AM(UTC)
The vote to kick where it shows the person to remove from the lobby was not the best all it took was one person to put you up because you were faster than them and then ppl in lobby couldn’t help but to vote yes regardless of wether that person had done anything wrong or not need to keep this post at the top in the hope t10 actually notices this is totally the wrong move
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:12:25 AM(UTC)
Whatever they do, like this "driver" a bad person that lobby is corrupted.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:13:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:42:15 AM(UTC)
Huge fan of the motorsport and horizon franchise, but always liked the difference of arcade and "sim" between the two. Looks like that's no longer a thing.

The new collision assist definitely has some pros, but the cons far outweigh them. Being able to survive some contact and some first corner carnage is nice, but it throws the racing experience out of the window. Here's the biggest con: griefers/rammers now have full control of the lobby and there's nothing people actaully racing can do. I hopped in a lobby last night, and of course some guy was in a ford raptor being nuisance (immediately in it, they weren't trying to race). 99% between me and a few other people I know will switch out hitting someone like that off to let everyone else enjoy their race. However, with the new physics, we couldn't push this guy off and managed to being an entire race to a stop. I think 2 people out of 13ish got through. This happened on a very sharp hairpin like corner where ghosting doesn't go into effect unless your pretty much stopped.

I would say leagues are better, but pinnacle and the one below are nightmares.

A light/moderate penalty system (track extension and contact is normal in close racing) and an auto-ghosting system for lapped traffic would do the game wonders.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:28:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DMTC Ren Go to Quoted Post
Huge fan of the motorsport and horizon franchise, but always liked the difference of arcade and "sim" between the two. Looks like that's no longer a thing.

The new collision assist definitely has some pros, but the cons far outweigh them. Being able to survive some contact and some first corner carnage is nice, but it throws the racing experience out of the window. Here's the biggest con: griefers/rammers now have full control of the lobby and there's nothing people actaully racing can do. I hopped in a lobby last night, and of course some guy was in a ford raptor being nuisance (immediately in it, they weren't trying to race). 99% between me and a few other people I know will switch out hitting someone like that off to let everyone else enjoy their race. However, with the new physics, we couldn't push this guy off and managed to being an entire race to a stop. I think 2 people out of 13ish got through. This happened on a very sharp hairpin like corner where ghosting doesn't go into effect unless your pretty much stopped.

I would say leagues are better, but pinnacle and the one below are nightmares.

A light/moderate penalty system (track extension and contact is normal in close racing) and an auto-ghosting system for lapped traffic would do the game wonders.

THIS!!!!New collision assist need tweaking.... Heavy cars just drag people around like its their toys. SMH didnt devs test before release something??? dont they know majority of 13 year olds just coming to ramm and wreck in lobbies??? im done with multiplayer untill its fixed
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error