7 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:41:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kesselring1987 Go to Quoted Post
20 first laps - 1.10.9

20 laps more - 1.10.5

I think I could improve it a little bit, last two corners are the most complicated for me.

I hope they don't get to the 1.09's

I find the last two corners a lot easier than the first, which I have still not really figured out how best to do. I even tried using the top ghost. I see him doing it but I don't really see how he's doing it.
#52 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:00:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MFBigfoot79 Go to Quoted Post
If I could just nail turn 1, I think I could get down to the low 1:10's maybe into the 1:09's. I ran 10 laps to get a 1:10.8xx. This is a challenge for me to say the least because there is so much time to lose in the corners and not much to be made if I do lose it. I need to set my ghost to someone at a 1:10 just to follow and see where I'm missing the line at and the go from there.

That first turn is a killer. Half the time I end up kicking the ***. end out, and clipping the outside curb, or I end up dive bombing and catching the inside curb.

I'm down to a 1:10.1XX now, so maybe my ghost will help you a little?
#53 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:17:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SD455 Trans Am Go to Quoted Post
If I could just nail turn 1, I think I could get down to the low 1:10's maybe into the 1:09's. I ran 10 laps to get a 1:10.8xx. This is a challenge for me to say the least because there is so much time to lose in the corners and not much to be made if I do lose it. I need to set my ghost to someone at a 1:10 just to follow and see where I'm missing the line at and the go from there.

That first turn is a killer. Half the time I end up kicking the ***. end out, and clipping the outside curb, or I end up dive bombing and catching the inside curb.

I'm down to a 1:10.1XX now, so maybe my ghost will help you a little?

I will give it to after work and see what I can manage. I still use TCS so I'm going to turn it off too and see if that helps. I've never learned throttle control on a controller. I'm more of a masher instead of a finess driver on Forza. I know TCS being off, you can run faster. Every time I think I hit turn 1, I either clip too much inside curd or I wash out to much.
#54 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 9:02:29 AM(UTC)

I will give it to after work and see what I can manage. I still use TCS so I'm going to turn it off too and see if that helps. I've never learned throttle control on a controller. I'm more of a masher instead of a finess driver on Forza. I know TCS being off, you can run faster. Every time I think I hit turn 1, I either clip too much inside curd or I wash out to much.

I would imagine that trying to get below 1:10 wth any assist on would be difficult in this car.

My throttle control is not good. Pretty much on or off. This car runs pretty easy with TCS off so I would encourage people to turn it off. My current time which I am unlikely to try and beat unless the T10 guys pass it is 1:09.689 if anyone wants to chase that ghost.

1st corner and the long right hander (Turn 4) are probably the two key areas where the top guys are making up time. 1st corner exit speed is critical as it is full throttle from there until T4.

Hope this helps someone.
#55 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 4:03:48 PM(UTC)
so i beat one of the Turn ten Guys, not by much, but i done it, but my time is not showing. as the time that i done but 2 seconds slower,

does it take time to update or is this a glitch?
#56 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 12:25:54 AM(UTC)
I can't seem to set my ghost rival. When clicking on a name on the leaderboard I don't get the option to 'set as rival'. Is this just me or are others having the same trouble.

I want to be able to see some of the top guys ghosts to see where I can make up some time. After around 200 laps I'm stuck at a 1.09.840
#57 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 12:39:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: staituk Go to Quoted Post
so i beat one of the Turn ten Guys, not by much, but i done it, but my time is not showing. as the time that i done but 2 seconds slower,

does it take time to update or is this a glitch?

Should be immediate as far as I know. Has been for me. Did you select 'finish' after you were done?
 3 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 12:41:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rock Lobster SV Go to Quoted Post
I can't seem to set my ghost rival. When clicking on a name on the leaderboard I don't get the option to 'set as rival'. Is this just me or are others having the same trouble.

I want to be able to see some of the top guys ghosts to see where I can make up some time. After around 200 laps I'm stuck at a 1.09.840

You can only set a rival from the leaderboard from the menu. If you go to the track and bring up the leaderboard subsequently, you can't .
#59 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 12:58:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
You can only set a rival from the leaderboard from the menu. If you go to the track and bring up the leaderboard subsequently, you can't .

Thanks for this, I couldn't find it anywhere either. Ended up unfriending a guy I was in a group with during FM4 for this month's Forzathon as he was the default rival and way too quick for me...
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 6:16:49 AM(UTC)
My best time so far is 01:10:458. Think I am at my limit now though. Might be able to squeeze out a few more thousandths of a second lol I have a replay uploaded to youtube of it. I play on controller and the only assists I have on is normal steering and I use manual not manual+clutch. I started the event around 01:13:000 and worked my way up. At first I switched to simulation steering and got faster times but then noticed my driving was more inconsistent with it so I switched back to normal. Fun event though enjoyed pushing for fractions of a second. After a while you really start to visualize where your mistakes are and start finding ways to improve on them. https://www.youtube.com/...rWY&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: Ha, a couple hours later or so I beat it. Fastest I have now is 01:10.395

EDIT2: As of 11/22/2018 im now down to 01:10.122

Edited by user Thursday, November 22, 2018 1:24:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 11:45:28 AM(UTC)
This is definitely a fun bounty event, I have to give T10 credit for that at least.

After forty laps or so, I got a time I can be happy with. I'm a below average driver so my 1.11.411 is alright. Probably held my breath most of the lap too lol.
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 5:59:21 PM(UTC)
Put a few laps in the other day, I love the track but absolutely hate the car, for a front engine RWD it understeer like no tommorow. The track limits make me cringe too, the long right hand sweeper you can go well over the white line and over the curb, yet next turn two wheels on the ripple strip on the exit will dirty that lap and the next.

Put in a 1:09.8 so hopefully that will be enough, don't really want to go at it again
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:39:17 PM(UTC)
Current times as of 10pm Pacific November 18:

1:08.279 Top worldwide time (out of 40,687)

1:10.871 Chad Lewis - Plink
1:11.023 Chris Esaki - Lounge Toy
1.11:451 Chase Combs - fuzzynoise
1:12.935 Phil Bergman - Future Phil
1:13.587 Kristina Rothe - Drawing Curtain
1:13.921 Andrew Frink - Japandru
1:14.216 Brian Ekberg - Mechberg
1:14.290 Vincent Leone - vinl1300
1:17.521 CJ Payne - cjsion3

#64 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 11:37:36 PM(UTC)
Down to 1.10.1 for now (60 laps in total). A little bit more on the bag but have to put a perfect lap yet.

I have a question. I run simulation damage, fuel and tyres. The fuel tank has capacity for near 20 laps. I'm currently faster when the tank is half empty. I guess it's because I'm more used and have more feeling when I've done already 10 laps or so, but has the fuel any impact on the weight of the car?
#65 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 12:51:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rock Lobster SV Go to Quoted Post

Thanks mate, that worked a treat, thought I must have been missing something.

Managed to shave another tenth off. Now down to a 1.09.767.

After watching some of the top guys laps, the key to a decent time is definitely down to the first turn exit speed and then the long right hander at the end of the straight. Timing it right getting back on the throttle halfway round the corner.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:59:24 AM(UTC)
Japandru has been a busy chap, and has knocked over 3s off his earlier time - down to 1:10.760 now. Not a problem for most of you in this thread, but probably bye bye Sesto Elemento for me! I'll have to make time for a decent session this week.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:28:50 AM(UTC)
Oooh... that's a problem for me. I'll have to try some more.
#68 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:23:02 AM(UTC)
I always like driving against Rayzer's ghost, so was pleased to see he's set a time. It took me a few tens of laps to incorporate what I was learning from his ghost, but I eventually got down from 1:09.9 to 1:09.5. Top 0.69%, which is probably about as good as it's going to get for me, that's my best ever % for a bounty hunter rivals, my previous bests were 0.74% and 0.88% for the two IndyCar events in May.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:11:45 PM(UTC)
Anyone else have a problem with replays being bugged? I am watching a ghost replay to try and figure out how they're faster than me but I want to use the game camera. It is only letting me use the replay camera. If I select camera type 'game cameras' nothing happens. I've had this before but restarting the game fixed it. Now it isn't.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:25:23 PM(UTC)
After a few laps laid out a 1:09.7. Pretty satisfied with that.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:42:08 PM(UTC)
After a lot of laps I've just squeezed past Japandru with a 1:10.745. Very pleased.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:16:47 PM(UTC)
I can't seem to beat funnynoise, I'm just behind him.
I don't consider myself a novice nor a pro but I have a hard time (like some of us) to address the first corner and the long right after the small hill.

Using his ghost he's *just* ahead of me until this small hill where I stretch the 4th gear to 160kmh and then put the 5th.
I can manage to pass him in this straight but he passes me back in this next long corner.
I tried to run this corner wide or centered or in. No difference.

I'm trying the slow-in/fast-out method but this car understeers like crazy !

One think I "discovered" is to use "rewind" if I miss the 1st corner, as soon as I don't dirty the lap. Even with that, I either sink in too soon or too late and widen the turn too much.

I'm using a G25, manual gearbox (sequential, without clutch) and only use ABS.

Challenging for sure !

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:22:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#73 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 7:38:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PNDA89 Go to Quoted Post
I can't seem to beat funnynoise, I'm just behind him.
I don't consider myself a novice nor a pro but I have a hard time (like some of us) to address the first corner and the long right after the small hill.

Using his ghost he's *just* ahead of me until this small hill where I stretch the 4th gear to 160kmh and then put the 5th.
I can manage to pass him in this straight but he passes me back in this next long corner....

I was in a similar position on FuzzyNoise and I tried very late-braking on the sweeping right hander and feathered the throttle around the corner. Might be easier for you with a wheel.

Also, I ran with no ABS , TCS, or STM; so not sure if that's an idea as well for you.

#74 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 11:08:27 AM(UTC)
Just went past Japandru... I was ahead from T1, his ghost was both a help and nervewracking haha
#75 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 12:55:53 PM(UTC)
Anyone else have a problem with replays being bugged? I am watching a ghost replay to try and figure out how they're faster than me but I want to use the game camera. It is only letting me use the replay camera. If I select camera type 'game cameras' nothing happens. I've had this before but restarting the game fixed it. Now it isn't.

Yeah I have this happen alot. Im not entirely sure if its related but it seems to occur more if I alt tab out of the program while playing for any reason. The only fix ive found is to completely restart the game. Everytime ive done that the replays work correctly.

7 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error