This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:37:56 PM(UTC)
Me Likey Race Shop, Race Shop good, KUDOS TURN 10. Perfect solution for the prize crates. I personally really like the timer option of 6 mins. I feel it's perfect for before, after races, and can even get a few peeks while adjusting some tunes or what not. Figuring that you have at least 11 and half mins. from looking at the first one to jumping back in at the last seconds of the next one.

I have only just started using the MOD Cards. Actually still have 4 of my original VIP MOD cards that I received at launch of game. Now with race shop I can pick my favorites when I see them and snag a few Driver Gears and badges as well.

Again KUDOS to TURN 10 for the RACE SHOP. I got to say though, I will miss the crazy sound of the Prize Crates opening - CLICK CLACK , BOOM CLANK BOOM - and the Heaven's Fog pouring out of them LOL. I blew about 35 million on the Prize Crates right before they got removed just listening to that sound and hoping for M. ROSSI Suit. Well now with the Race Shop I got a pretty good chance of getting it.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:54:17 PM(UTC)
Let's get this out of the way first, the loot boxes were out of place in the game and it's a good thing they were removed. However... with the reduced price they had you could at least buy them for cheap and reliably get 70-90% mods. Now with the Race Shop most of the time i only see 50% mods and if there is one that is actually decent it will be just that... one... so you wait for 6 mins for a chance to see good mods. As it stands i'd rather have the damned lootboxes back. Just let us choose what mods to buy or bring back the old method for difficulty bonuses.
 5 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:30:13 AM(UTC)
Completely in disagree.

I think the prices are the same that you get in the loot boxes (selling price for mods you won't use), so in the end I think the pricing is absolutely fair.

As for the randomness, well, it takes a lot of time to waste them (at least three races for most mods). It means 3 opportunities to get good mods before you spend one. So I feel like I really can grind lots of mods before spend them. And that means long time I don't need to get to the race shop. Unless you want all your mods legendary ones, which is pointless.

And you are talking of mods, but what about race suits and badges? At least now we can choose what to buy, and what no. Even we get lots of different race suits available in a game session. Finally we can decide on which items we invest our money, instead of spend it completely blind.

I think is a cool feature, at least infinitely better than loot boxes.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:32:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:32:26 AM(UTC)
I prefer the new race shop instead of the random loot boxes. Not a fan of mods as I am not into the single player aspect of the game up until now. I was intrigued by seeing some +60%cr mod cards and I have to say I am tempted to try out the career mode just to win some extra cr.
My only objection is the price of some race gear. 150.000cr for a firefighter suit is a bit steep compared to 25.000cr for some other gear.
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:53:39 AM(UTC)
It's definitely better than loot boxes, but there are still have well over 100 driver suits I don't have, yet mostly the shop only offers me dupes, so it just feels like I'd have to leave the game running for a very long time while I do other things, and check back every 6 mins, to pick up all the remaining suits. And as mentioned above, they can be pretty expensive, a lot of the suits I don't have are 300k, so I'm guessing I'd need maybe 20m+ credits to get them all, on top of all the time spent waiting for the missing suits to be offered. I guess the reason is that rare etc wouldn't have any meaning if anyone could buy any suit any time.

Re the level of mods, I have picked up quite a few 100% credit boost mods from the shop. I don't know how it chooses which ones to offer, and have had cycles where the best mod has only been 50-60%.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:57:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:05:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rizla6765 Go to Quoted Post
I prefer the new race shop instead of the random loot boxes. Not a fan of mods as I am not into the single player aspect of the game up until now. I was intrigued by seeing some +60%cr mod cards and I have to say I am tempted to try out the career mode just to win some extra cr.
My only objection is the price of some race gear. 150.000cr for a firefighter suit is a bit steep compared to 25.000cr for some other gear.

Sorry for the off-topic. To win/grind easy money:

- Free play, 6 laps to nordschleife, max difficult settings, mods up to 250-300%.

You'll get like 600k (being VIP) in about 45 minutes, and few level ups.

#32 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:20:57 AM(UTC)
WHEN RACE REGULATION SYSTEM IS COMING ?????

Lootbox never be a problem in FM7 ... no penality is and we are a lot to want a penality system ... but T10 don't seems to implement this .... I'm so disappointed about that.
#33 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:49:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nykraft Go to Quoted Post
WHEN RACE REGULATION SYSTEM IS COMING ?????

Lootbox never be a problem in FM7 ... no penality is and we are a lot to want a penality system ... but T10 don't seems to implement this .... I'm so disappointed about that.

They have talked about this recently.

In next Forza Monthly (December) they will show some features of it and how the system works.

And they implement it as soon by next year (January update?) but it is not confimed.

The regulation system doesn't seem easy to implement to a game that is already launched. It needs a lot of testing and it has been a long process (they started to talk about this in May if I remember correct).

As they will continue supporting the game for more time, let's hope we will enjoy this for a long time, as next motorsport iteration will come at 2020 or later.

The thing is that they are working on it and will be implemented, despite the tons of work it requires. For me doesn't matter to wait a bit more. Will focus on time attack and try to found some clean lobbies meanwhile.

I'm sure the wait will be rewarded.

1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:04:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kesselring1987 Go to Quoted Post

- Free play, 6 laps to nordschleife, max difficult settings, mods up to 250-300%.

Homestead in the rain in the IndyCar gets credits faster than that. Without VIP I think I got about 340k for a 20 minute race with 300% mods against unbeatable drivatars, excluding level up rewards.
#35 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:30:35 AM(UTC)
115 suits I still don't have, and the race shop has just come up with every suit on offer already owned.

Edit: same again after a restock.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:31:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 3:02:43 AM(UTC)
The regulation system doesn't seem easy to implement to a game that is already launched. It needs a lot of testing and it has been a long process (they started to talk about this in May if I remember correct).

I think it will be hard to implement full stop, I don't think the issue is the game already having been launched. I'd hope that what they're aiming for is that going outside the track limits will impose a penalty that means it's slower than staying clean, but not so much slower that people feel it's excessive if they get nudged outside the limit by another vehicle. To calibrate the system to get that right for every bit of every track with every possible level of car performance is a huge task. You can guarantee that if they get it wrong in any specific scenario, people will immediately be infuriated that if you drive car X with tune Y on track A variant B in weather conditions C, then you can save 0.1 seconds if you deliberately take a particular dirty line.
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 4:04:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rizla6765 Go to Quoted Post

Don't forget the Forza Edition cars.
I used the 2014 BMW M4 Coupé Forza Edition with +50% Credits I +50% Credits at Nürburgring in the early days of the game.
Made 11.7 million credits in 6 races with it.
 8 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:07:26 AM(UTC)
Is there ANYTHING you guys are NOT gonna complain about?
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:12:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Is there ANYTHING you guys are NOT gonna complain about?

I know...

I'll say exactly what I said in the "Race Shop Goes Live November 6th" thread:

"The "Race Shop" has been well implemented. I like the fact that it updates rapidly. If I don't like the selection, I just have to wait a few minutes for another refresh. There's a good selection available. The prices seem fair and add a level of progression. I like it."
#40 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:03:16 AM(UTC)
Is M. Rossi in Race Shop?

I bought millions in loot boxes trying to get the M.Rossi Driver Suit.
M.Rossi whopped me many times in Forza and I want that suit!
Another reason to like the M.Rossi suit is that it is PLAIN BLACK and will not cause reflections in the windshield.

If I can verify that the M. Rossi will show up in the Race Shop I will keep looking.

P.S. If I get it I will gender-bend Her to a Him.
#41 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:11:16 AM(UTC)
Haven't seen M. Rossi, but I just picked up the U. Takagi gear this AM. To me that's a good indication that the Rossi gear will appear in the Race Shop some day.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:15:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 11:03:15 AM(UTC)
I for one love the Race Shop. I've spent more CR in the race shop in one day than I spent on all the Prize Crates I ever bought (read: exactly 3 crates). The ability to pick specific driver gear and mods to purchase is fantastic, and a welcome replacement to the glorified gambling mechanics that are loot boxes.
#43 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 11:06:15 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 11:15:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 11:47:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Haven't seen M. Rossi, but I just picked up the U. Takagi gear this AM. To me that's a good indication that the Rossi gear will appear in the Race Shop some day.

I had Tanner Foust show up as well which I hadn't seen ever in any of the drivers suit crates that I bought. Along with 3 others I didn't have. I was under the impression that I had all the suits that were available prior to the shop opening. At least I didn't get them as level up rewards anymore. So it looks like more suits that were previously locked will be available in the shop.
#45 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:29:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chuteboxehero1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post

I had Tanner Foust show up as well which I hadn't seen ever in any of the drivers suit crates that I bought. Along with 3 others I didn't have. I was under the impression that I had all the suits that were available prior to the shop opening. At least I didn't get them as level up rewards anymore. So it looks like more suits that were previously locked will be available in the shop.

Good to know! Thanks.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 2:07:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Why do you need to grab what you don't have, all at once?

I'm shy about 30+ suits. I'm still taking suits at level up. I'm close to level 800. First time in race shop, I had option to buy one suit, bought it, and was on my way. Checked a couple other times, but nothing I didn't already have
Something to look forward to next time in the game.

To complete it. What is the point of the random items? There is none. All it does is force me to enter shop, scroll through the list, then quit out annoyed. You spend less money now, but you have to spend way more time. It's really just a prize crate every six minutes where you can see the content before the purchase. It's a silly system because it doesn't even make you play the game more. It just wants you to waste time in the menu.

To give you an idea on how much time you have to spend: I have gotten four suits over the last two days. A well designed feature would make sure not to even show items to the player that he can't buy.
#47 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 3:28:20 AM(UTC)
I'm shy about 30+ suits. I'm still taking suits at level up.

How?!!!!!!!!!! It has been many months since it last offered me a suit at level up, but there are well over 100 suits I don't have. How are you still being offered suits at level up when you only have 30 to go?!
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 8:56:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I'm shy about 30+ suits. I'm still taking suits at level up.

How?!!!!!!!!!! It has been many months since it last offered me a suit at level up, but there are well over 100 suits I don't have. How are you still being offered suits at level up when you only have 30 to go?!

Ya I was wondering that, too. The only level up prizes I've gotten lately have been cash, cars (and even those seem to be waning; they've pushed that godfrosaken ripoff Lykan on me for what feels like the last 20 level ups) and mod cards. I'm around level 400, and you're still getting suits at 800??!?! Unless you've been taking cars, mod cards ad CR up until now?:

I'm shy about 30+ suits. I'm still taking suits at level up. I'm close to level 800. First time in race shop, I had option to buy one suit, bought it, and was on my way. Checked a couple other times, but nothing I didn't already have
Something to look forward to next time in the game.

Edited by user Friday, November 9, 2018 9:05:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#49 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 10:08:48 AM(UTC)
About 2 level ups past my posting, I started getting mod cards. I like that most are some I hadn't seen before.
#50 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 10:14:36 AM(UTC)
About 2 level ups past my posting, I started getting mod cards. I like that most are some I hadn't seen before.

But you've been receiving suits up until then? like, through levels 1-798?
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error