This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 1:34:01 PM(UTC)

The November 6 content update will remove Prize Crates and add the new Race Shop feature.

The Race Shop is a one-stop location to pick up Mod Cars, Driver Gear suits, and Badges, using in-game credits. The combination of offerings resets every 6 minutes, shown by an on screen timer. You can access the Race Shop from the home menu, from the Driver Gear menu, and from pre-race setup menus where you apply Mods.

Turn 10 is looking for feedback on the feature, so once the update installs tomorrow (regular ETA is 10am Pacific), try it out and let the Race Shop team know what you like about the feature.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 10:33:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 9:35:41 PM(UTC)
The combination of offerings resets every 6 minutes, shown by an on screen timer.

Wait... what? This is a joke right?

:)
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 9:43:46 PM(UTC)
To someone like myself with 160 million credits and nothing to spend them on, a full catalogue of options would see me in the race shop 1 time only.

At least this way it will give me something to do while waiting for a race to start in multiplayer and I see this as a much better option than the prize crates.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:41:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: su1980kiPL Go to Quoted Post
The combination of offerings resets every 6 minutes, shown by an on screen timer.

Wait... what? This is a joke right?

:)

Well, I prefer this rather than the loot boxes.

Actually, is the reason to keep some atenttion on it. Without that reset /random factor, we will just go on there buy whatever we want and never come back.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:01:50 AM(UTC)
Resets every 6 mins strange it's not longer to the rest
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:51:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Covered in today's #ForzaMonthly livestream, the November 6 content update will remove Prize Crates and add the new Race Shop feature.

The Race Shop is a one-stop location to pick up Mod Cars, Driver Gear suits, and Badges, using in-game credits. The combination of offerings resets every 6 minutes, shown by an on screen timer. You can access the Race Shop from the home menu, from the Driver Gear menu, and from pre-race setup menus where you apply Mods.

Turn 10 is looking for feedback on the feature, so once the update installs tomorrow (regular ETA is 10am Pacific), try it out and let the Race Shop team know what you like about the feature.

any news on the force feedback update? only collisions were mentioned under fundamentals?
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:04:02 AM(UTC)
Fantastic feature compared to loot boxes. Enough said.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:26:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Covered in today's #ForzaMonthly livestream, the November 6 content update will remove Prize Crates and add the new Race Shop feature.

on the site says that the update comes on November 7
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 10:47:21 PM(UTC)
After using this new race shop since yesterday, all I can say is this feature is 1000 times better than the old loot boxes.

Now you just enter the shop, see if something is specially relevant, buy it and wait for more cool stuff to appear.

Really a nice improvement in the game.

Thanks T10, when the things got fixed and improved I think it's fair to recognise it to the developers.
 3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:42:13 AM(UTC)
Maybe it's a better feature if you don't own anything yet, but for someone who owns all but 20 suits it sure is a stupid change that just replaces one dumb feature with an even dumber one. What am I supposed to do, just keep the store page open for 48 hours and check every six minutes? Who comes up with these ideas as a result of listening to the community? Take note of GT Sport to see how to do it right.

It should support the player, not annoy him. It's literally the same mechanic as the specialty dealer with a more annoying time limit. If this is the idea of making Forza great again, it failed miserably.
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 7:54:39 AM(UTC)
Why do you need to grab what you don't have, all at once?

I'm shy about 30+ suits. I'm still taking suits at level up. I'm close to level 800. First time in race shop, I had option to buy one suit, bought it, and was on my way. Checked a couple other times, but nothing I didn't already have
Something to look forward to next time in the game.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:13:50 AM(UTC)
I like the new race shop. Its gonna help me collect the remaining suits. I havent played online just yet so I dont know how the new collision system is working #kudos
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:48:45 AM(UTC)
Big fan of the new feature. Already I find myself checking it before and after almost every race, and for some reason I have an easier time dropping big CR on driver gear than I do on cars.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 9:18:34 AM(UTC)
Definite improvement over the loot boxes and good to see Turn 10 make the change.

I'd still rather everything to be available to purchase at any time, I'm not a big fan of randomness and having to wait around for a timer to finish.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:11:18 AM(UTC)
This is definitely a HUGE improvement over loot boxes. The only problem I have is my OCD is triggered when I do a long race and missed a few rotations I can't help but think I missed suits I really wanted. Not to mention how many rotations I miss when the game is off.

I would improve this by making more items in the shop and rotating every 24 to 72 hours. That would solve my issue.

This also begs the question, now that most cars are unlocked. Does this feature unlock most suits? Specifically the Forza game numbered suits?

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:18:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:04:47 AM(UTC)
Haven't played Forza 7 for ages due to Horizon 4, but thought I'd check out the update and love the race shop, I have dropped about 12 million credits since 7pm last night on driver suits.....
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:04:28 PM(UTC)
Logged in to fm7, checked race shop. There was a no requirement legendary 100% credit boost card, so I bought it. (Only let's you buy one at a time) it was only legendary offered at that time.

Go out of race shop with 2 minutes until change over. Decided I wanted that card on another account. Quit the game, log in to other account, launch game. When I get to main screen, there's 20 seconds left for turnover
Go in and that card wasn't available, there were 2 legendary cards that I didn't have interest in though.

Just thought it odd, would have figured the items would be rotated the same for everyone. Doesn't matter, just odd.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:09:10 PM(UTC)
Turn 10 said in the live stream it's per player and not synced. Syncing it would have been nicer. Could tell a friend a certain driver outfit was in it for example.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:57:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR SPEARMAN Go to Quoted Post
Turn 10 said in the live stream it's per player and not synced. Syncing it would have been nicer. Could tell a friend a certain driver outfit was in it for example.

Lol, didn't see live stream, but verified there isn't a sync in the store for everyone
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:15:31 PM(UTC)
What is the Race Shop, in essence? Basically, they took all those crates and revealed their contents beforehand while making RNG time-based. Very clever. :)

I like it, because mods with three charges are cheap and take way more than 6 minutes to be used up. But the best part is that I know what I'm getting. With the crates I'd often get junk mods I'd never use, which would stockpile and return little money upon a sale. Now, I buy only what I need, when I need it.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:15:18 PM(UTC)
Love the store, the fact you included badges, and mods too is great. Fantastic compared to the crates. But why must there always be even a tiny catch? Why not just have it all in columns like when you look for the stuff? I mean I get it, Get people coming back. Still the counter seems pointless when it's only 5 minutes. I'm just sitting on the front page now afraid im gonna miss that damn M. Rossi suit or Tanners lol

Thanks for the ability to get the suits and badges with credits!
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 9:35:43 PM(UTC)
Would be cool to know wich driver suits we shouldn't expect to be in the race shop-pool.
So we don't wait hopeless for some suits.

I just buy them for completion, i'm not really interested in these.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:07:13 PM(UTC)
The "Race Shop" has been well implemented. I like the fact that it updates rapidly. If I don't like the selection, I just have to wait a few minutes for another refresh. There's a good selection available. The prices seem fair and add a level of progression. I like it.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:13:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
Love the store, the fact you included badges, and mods too is great. Fantastic compared to the crates. But why must there always be even a tiny catch? Why not just have it all in columns like when you look for the stuff? I mean I get it, Get people coming back. Still the counter seems pointless when it's only 5 minutes. I'm just sitting on the front page now afraid im gonna miss that damn M. Rossi suit or Tanners lol

Thanks for the ability to get the suits and badges with credits!

I got the Tanner and M. Rossi suits last night one after the other 300 k each.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:27:25 PM(UTC)
This seems like a good idea, that actually works. No more spending 30g a pop for mod cards, 95% of which I will never use. Thumbs up. (Or T10 could remove mod cards all together then bring back difficulty based incentives).
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error