6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
#76 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 10:56:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HooksTV Go to Quoted Post
With 740+ cars, it would take me FOREVER to delete them one by one from within the game.

Absolutely agree!
Fortunately, a fix (workaround, if you will) has been made.
The process of deleting tunes could be automated as seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLXGimmeZyQ
I can confirm that leaving this fix work overnight deleted 250+ of my tunes and thus freed up lots of valuable space.
#77 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 11:01:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WhiteBurrito42 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: yukonkid84 Go to Quoted Post
i only have 285 tunes shared but i am still receiving this message, are they combined with design shares?

Tunes not shared count as well as downloaded instances. To my knowledge the limits are separate between liveries and tunes.

You are damn right!
The limits are mentioned in this very pic:
 2 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 12:34:30 PM(UTC)
Yeah, still not enough. There should be "NO" limit for tunes, designs, vinyl and photos. For someone who shares vehicle tunes in multiple classes or multiple designs of different colors 500 limit is a joke when there are 750+ vehicles
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 1:10:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, still not enough. There should be "NO" limit for tunes, designs, vinyl and photos. For someone who shares vehicle tunes in multiple classes or multiple designs of different colors 500 limit is a joke when there are 750+ vehicles

The cars have tunes locked to them when you delete the tune, in a way it must be stored twice to do that, so there is more room for tunes, the programmers just haven't realised it.
#80 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 3:14:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

The cars have tunes locked to them when you delete the tune, in a way it must be stored twice to do that, so there is more room for tunes, the programmers just haven't realised it.

Yeah, I have several cars in my garage that I keep simply to store a tune that was deleted for space, as well as designs.
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 6:41:09 PM(UTC)
It's silly to have less paint and tune slots than there are cars, let alone not be able to have the odd multiple.

Edited by user Sunday, October 25, 2020 6:43:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#82 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 7:30:56 PM(UTC)
TBH I think it's very weird that NFS has unlimited save slots and Forza has only 1000.

Since they didn't upgrade the storage for the other files, I can't help but feel the update was directed at the people who collect lots of rare cars to flip them, rather than creators. Which is a shame.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 1:58:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WhiteBurrito42 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, I have several cars in my garage that I keep simply to store a tune that was deleted for space, as well as designs.

That's a good idea.. have an extra car!

But what the programmers should do is convert those extra tunes into tune slots. I know how to do it, but do the programmers?

What the programmers should do is this...

1/ The first tune you make doesn't need to use up a slot it can go straight on the car, so that saves a slot for every car in the game.
2/ But you need to see the car in the slots so the programmer needs to add a box that isn't an actual slot, it's just a link to the tune on the car.
3/ You also have to tell the player that they can't delete the first tune if there isn't another tune to replace it. A warning "You cannot delete the only tune on the car".
4/ You put a label under stock tunes that says "Stock", because they will now show up in your tunes list.

Now you have 750 new slots for free, no extra storage usage, because these are the default tunes on the car now.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 27, 2020 12:48:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 10:36:09 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Has anyone else had an issue with saving new/downloading tunes? I have an error message that tells me I need to delete tunes in order to save new or download tunes. I didn't think I had that many tunes in my profile... Though I do have, for certain cars, between 3 - 7 different setups for different road conditions, I do not have setups (multiple or single) for all the cars I own.

What is the maximum number of tunes you can have in your profile?

Is there a way to delete older tunes I don't need/use from a higher level menu (like liveries) instead of having to go into each car profile and deleting saved tunes from there?

I can see my own tunes I've shared in my creative zone, but what about the tunes I have not shared or those I've downloaded from the community? Do I have to go into each car profile to delete them if I don't need/want them anymore?

Edited by user Friday, November 13, 2020 3:13:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 1:06:13 PM(UTC)
The limit is 500, which is rubbish. I don't think there is any easier way to delete them, and note that if you delete one of your own tunes that has been shared, it will also be removed from the cloud so neither you nor anyone else can download it again. So it's impossible to have a tune shared for every car.
#86 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 10:46:23 PM(UTC)
The way the game is built, if you want multiple tunes, just get multiple cars... Way easier to just switch back and forth between cars than to change tunes.

The exclusive car system makes it more difficult when it comes to certain competitive cars, but hopefully the Backstage makes it easier.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#87 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2020 10:12:57 AM(UTC)
Hello Guys !

I got a problem for 4 weeks.. I try to change the tunes on game and i become this message:
" TOO MANY SAVES! You have too many saves of this file type. Please delete some from the file manager before saving any more. "
I have deleted a lot some things, but unfortunately his not working. Can someone tell me what to do. If this helps you to know, i play on XBOX one.

Thank you and have a nice day !
#88 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 4:24:21 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - all posts must be in English only - MM]

Edited by user Monday, November 30, 2020 5:34:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2020 3:18:41 PM(UTC)
Sorry to necroing the post, but I have the same issue, did a support ticket and saw lots of old post and videos about the problem and seems that devs cant or dont want to fix it. Im on pc rn and I find absurd to limit this kind of thing on a game with more than 700+ cars. Plus why is the data all together? why tunes and paintjobs disrupt things like the auction house where this error appears too when in the end you are just selling a car wich should aliviate the data stoage.

The patch notes from last year seems to say that limit was raised for each section of customization on the game but seems that 500 means for everything. Why if I tune a car the game say me that I have too many files from the same type when Im just upgrading my cars, not saving tunes. I hope devs take this seriously because again, on a game with more than 700+ cars with updates adding more and more cars, if the game wants us to collect all cars like pokemons but the devs cant fix this issue, then just stop releasing more cars for this game and for the next games if this problem continues, because yes... this error has passed through all other games, I saw posts from FM5 and FH3 with this issue, why¿? cloud problems¿? limit storage on consoles? FM4 didnt have this problem if Im not wrong.

I have literally 435 paintjobs and 3 downloaded tunes. I play with default tunes from the upgrades, if just upgrade the car creates an internal tune file, then devs are limiting the cars we can touch, and why just paint our cars with the default factory colours or just with the special ones need to use a paintjob space?. I tried to delete lots of paintjobs and the problem persist, and it seems this problem is more regular on those players who lost in the past their progress, like me... suggesting that old data from those files are still in the cloudsave taking up space.

Sorry if this looks like a rant, but when I trip on a problem and searching on the problem google tells me that problem not only is old but its inherited from past games with no solution is really annoying. And the worst of this is the robotic responses I saw on support for me and other support tickets I saw from other players https://support.forzamot...Many-Saves-error-message "We are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. We have some steps that may help solve this problem." and "1 year ago" to me sounds like a joke.
 2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2020 11:44:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrSeriousCat745 Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to necroing the post, but I have the same issue, did a support ticket and saw lots of old post and videos about the problem and seems that devs cant or dont want to fix it. Im on pc rn and I find absurd to limit this kind of thing on a game with more than 700+ cars. Plus why is the data all together? why tunes and paintjobs disrupt things like the auction house where this error appears too when in the end you are just selling a car wich should aliviate the data stoage.

The patch notes from last year seems to say that limit was raised for each section of customization on the game but seems that 500 means for everything. Why if I tune a car the game say me that I have too many files from the same type when Im just upgrading my cars, not saving tunes. I hope devs take this seriously because again, on a game with more than 700+ cars with updates adding more and more cars, if the game wants us to collect all cars like pokemons but the devs cant fix this issue, then just stop releasing more cars for this game and for the next games if this problem continues, because yes... this error has passed through all other games, I saw posts from FM5 and FH3 with this issue, why¿? cloud problems¿? limit storage on consoles? FM4 didnt have this problem if Im not wrong.

I have literally 435 paintjobs and 3 downloaded tunes. I play with default tunes from the upgrades, if just upgrade the car creates an internal tune file, then devs are limiting the cars we can touch, and why just paint our cars with the default factory colours or just with the special ones need to use a paintjob space?. I tried to delete lots of paintjobs and the problem persist, and it seems this problem is more regular on those players who lost in the past their progress, like me... suggesting that old data from those files are still in the cloudsave taking up space.

Sorry if this looks like a rant, but when I trip on a problem and searching on the problem google tells me that problem not only is old but its inherited from past games with no solution is really annoying. And the worst of this is the robotic responses I saw on support for me and other support tickets I saw from other players https://support.forzamot...Many-Saves-error-message "We are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. We have some steps that may help solve this problem." and "1 year ago" to me sounds like a joke.

Solving this issue won't bring any new player therefore they just won't invest on it. They target new players which is the reason of adding new features as frequently as possible. Only way to change that is that it comes to some known influencers.
#91 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2021 1:53:29 AM(UTC)
You can tune every car in the game by deleting the tune on cars that only have 1 tune. The game remembers that tune on the car even if you delete it.
#92 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2021 6:54:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

Solving this issue won't bring any new player therefore they just won't invest on it. They target new players which is the reason of adding new features as frequently as possible. Only way to change that is that it comes to some known influencers.

By that mindset again, just stop with the updates, if this doesnt matter, no more cars, they should have stoped at update 10 or less... this issue is old and from old games, that is no excuse. Any new player with this new updates that they can bring in to the game can hoard in no time cars and experience this issue.

Edited by user Friday, January 1, 2021 6:59:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#93 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2021 2:58:08 PM(UTC)
unfortunately today i got this error too.. but i believe i have no more than 300 saves setup although the limit is 500.. i feel sure this is just a some kind of bug.. if not in one hand there are 750 plus cars and other you give me 500 saves setup limit ? isnt it wrong ? im on pc i have lots of gigabytes sitting in empty.. this limit should be minimum 1500.. i want this for the next update.. moderators pls report this issue we already sent a ticket
#94 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2021 4:23:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KzuRyuSen Go to Quoted Post
unfortunately today i got this error too.. but i believe i have no more than 300 saves setup although the limit is 500.. i feel sure this is just a some kind of bug.. if not in one hand there are 750 plus cars and other you give me 500 saves setup limit ? isnt it wrong ? im on pc i have lots of gigabytes sitting in empty.. this limit should be minimum 1500.. i want this for the next update.. moderators pls report this issue we already sent a ticket

Send ticket will do nothing probably... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeIVyZ2AmYI In this video you can see this user with the same problem, the video is old and he shows the ticket he sended with no solution. You can see here https://www.xboxachievem...o-many-tune-setup-saves/ this issue is old... this is from FM5. Irony is on Motorsport most ppl do lots of tunes for the same car for every different track for obvious reasons. Dont know how the tune and painjobs files work or if they weight lots of mb but is very annoying

Today I tried to sell on the auction house another repeated car from the winter season, and I couldnt because of this bug.
#95 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2021 4:35:26 AM(UTC)
and here is the shocking answer advising me completely delete all of my progress and a Fresh Carrier Start :)

Hello

If you are getting an error message indicating Too Many Saves please try the following troubleshooting.

Please try deleting any extra tunes, designs, photos or blueprints you are not using.
If you go to Garage>Designs&Paints>My Designs - you will be able to delete downloaded liveries.
Likewise if you go to Garage>Upgrades&Tuning>My Tunes - you will be able to delete downloaded tunes.
To delete blueprints you need to delete the routes connected to that blueprint. To do this you must first go through the process of creating a new route to get to the menu where you can name and save the new route. In that same menu you can highlight other saved routes and delete them.

As an alternative you can manually delete your save and start a new save. Though this is not recommended as it involves deleting all your save information. If you decide to go this route you will need to use an Xbox One to make sure your save is deleted from everywhere.

XBOX -
1) On Home, select My games and apps.
2) Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
3) In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
4) You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data: (You need to select Delete Everywhere in order for this to work)
*Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
*Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
*Cancel leaves your data intact.

If you get the message to pick between save files please note the wording is confusing. The date is when the save was created, not when it was last saved.

We are currently investigating this issue and have added your information to our investigation. I am marking this ticket as "Solved" as we do not require more information from you for our investigation and are working on a fix. We don't need to bother you with a ton of questions or troubleshooting tips, as its being worked on by our devs already.

thanks,

Forza Support Team
#96 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 5:42:45 AM(UTC)
and here is the shocking answer advising me completely delete all of my progress and a Fresh Carrier Start :)

Hello

If you are getting an error message indicating Too Many Saves please try the following troubleshooting.

Please try deleting any extra tunes, designs, photos or blueprints you are not using.
If you go to Garage>Designs&Paints>My Designs - you will be able to delete downloaded liveries.
Likewise if you go to Garage>Upgrades&Tuning>My Tunes - you will be able to delete downloaded tunes.
To delete blueprints you need to delete the routes connected to that blueprint. To do this you must first go through the process of creating a new route to get to the menu where you can name and save the new route. In that same menu you can highlight other saved routes and delete them.

As an alternative you can manually delete your save and start a new save. Though this is not recommended as it involves deleting all your save information. If you decide to go this route you will need to use an Xbox One to make sure your save is deleted from everywhere.

XBOX -
2) Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
3) In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
4) You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data: (You need to select Delete Everywhere in order for this to work)
*Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
*Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.

If you get the message to pick between save files please note the wording is confusing. The date is when the save was created, not when it was last saved.

We are currently investigating this issue and have added your information to our investigation. I am marking this ticket as "Solved" as we do not require more information from you for our investigation and are working on a fix. We don't need to bother you with a ton of questions or troubleshooting tips, as its being worked on by our devs already.

thanks,

Forza Support Team

You know the funny part? I have the same answer when I even selected before that I play on PC... but hey, try this on your xbox. And on pc where is my save? I have like hundreds of GBs to spear why the limit¿? Im sure is a Cloudsave problem and I have no problem to keep posting here till they fix it xd.

Right now I had to delete my spare porsche 718 gts from this season because with this error I cant sell them on the auction house. and is really annoying to see how I upgrade my car, the error keeps showing but the upgrades remain, and the same with the paintjob, the error keeps showing but the paintjob remains, the only minor problem is that on the thumbnail on the garage dont show the paintjob, totally OCD for me or whatever is called the "obsessive compulsive disorder"

Edited by user Wednesday, January 6, 2021 7:15:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#97 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 9:22:09 AM(UTC)

Hello

XBOX -

thanks,

Forza Support Team

You know the funny part? I have the same answer when I even selected before that I play on PC... but hey, try this on your xbox. And on pc where is my save? I have like hundreds of GBs to spear why the limit¿? Im sure is a Cloudsave problem and I have no problem to keep posting here till they fix it xd.

Right now I had to delete my spare porsche 718 gts from this season because with this error I cant sell them on the auction house. and is really annoying to see how I upgrade my car, the error keeps showing but the upgrades remain, and the same with the paintjob, the error keeps showing but the paintjob remains, the only minor problem is that on the thumbnail on the garage dont show the paintjob, totally OCD for me or whatever is called the "obsessive compulsive disorder"

They probably don't want saves on your PC, because you can hack them more easily.
#98 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 8:56:01 AM(UTC)

Hello

XBOX -

thanks,

Forza Support Team

They probably don't want saves on your PC, because you can hack them more easily.

Then fix the cloud limit lol. I can understand the hacking, but it already happens, right¿?. And again I just finished the last season and give up on the rest of challenges because the only thing it will unlock is the divo, wich I already have, and if I cant sell it on auction is just meh xd
#99 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 4:47:53 AM(UTC)

" We are currently investigating this issue and have added your information to our investigation. I am marking this ticket as "Solved" as we do not require more information from you for our investigation and are working on a fix. We don't need to bother you with a ton of questions or troubleshooting tips, as its being worked on by our devs already. "

thanks,

Forza Support Team

This was posted 16 days ago but nothing has happened exept that the case is marked "solved"
Gt: fairlane305
#100 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 4:58:19 AM(UTC)
Hello Forza Team,
I've already deleted many of my car tunings (they are default now), but it doesn't change anything.
Auctions are still not working. Limits of tunings / paints / blueprints / photos ARE NOT exceeded in my case.
So why "Too many saves of this file type" is still appearing?
Regards

Hello,
This sounds like an issue that we're currently investigating. I've added your information to our investigation. I am marking this ticket as "Solved" as we do not require more information from you for our investigation and are working on a fix. We don't need to bother you with a ton of questions or troubleshooting tips, as its being worked on by our devs already.
We will send out an announcement to the Community when we have a resolution.
Thank you for taking the time to write in on this!
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error